VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what Hanah was studying? I can't find her FB and was curious. If, for example, she was studying psychology or social science, she may be more inclined to talk to fringe dwellers.

Not sure of area of study, but definitely was taking classes in French. She was currently on the ski team, and in HS was in band and played softball. She seemed very social in general. Looks like she was in France with friends this summer. She talked more about pro baseball and friends and her family than schooling, on her social media. Seems like she is very close with her family.

She was a sophomore, and not a freshman, as has been erroneously reported.
Yes but she lived in on campus dorms as a freshman and then went home for the summer. The friend states she had only lived in apartment 2 weeks and was not all that familiar with the area she was now in.

Why on earth did she leave her friends??? Just can't imagine why this would happen, unless she had secret plans or overheard someone say where a person she was interested in was that night, and went in search of him/her. How does dinner, drinks and dancing with close friends turn into this??

You would think that she would have told someone at the party why she was leaving it. It sounded like a small party in an apartment?

Some theories. There could be more. 1)Dreads could have driven her to some place like the party she wanted to go to and someone else might be a suspect at that party or nearby.(remember that is where the rapes occurred that night so someone bad was in the area.)
2)He could have taken her home partied for a bit and she takes off and someone else at the house (guest or resident) takes her home or is a suspect. 3)WG is upset she is with someone else and when she leaves with dreads from Tempo and dreads drives home alone, he abducts her.

Or...maybe that wasn't the WG's description at all. One article in the beginning said the BG had 'short hair'. Then it got changed by someone to bald. Did we actually get this information from a direct LE quote? Once media gets a hold of information, it gets distorted, embellished, etc. Maybe Dreadlock guy does have a goatee as well as the locks.

Well, not to beat up on the cops here.........but there is a thing called a "composite sketch". I don't know why they wouldn't have had one of those at least drawn up when they interviewed White Guy. Maybe White Guy said he was bald because his corn rows were basically pulled tight against his scalp, but the flowing mane of hair on the back of his head (dreadlocks) would almost certainly have appeared in a composite sketch had one been drawn up.

But no sketch was ever issued. Thus the description issued in the media was vague at best, and totally misleading at worst. It cause d a lot of confusion yesterday amongst my fellow sleuthers.

Well, not to beat up on the cops here.........but there is a thing called a "composite sketch". I don't know why they wouldn't have had one of those at least drawn up when they interviewed White Guy. Maybe White Guy said he was bald because his corn rows were basically pulled tight against his scalp, but the flowing mane of hair on the back of his head (dreadlocks) would almost certainly would have appeared in a composite sketch had one been drawn up.

But no sketch was ever issued. Thus the description issued in the media was vague at best, and totally misleading at worst.

Investigators must have a reason for purposefully misleading the public (IMO) about POI's appearance.

She had two roommates, but it was a three bedroom apartment --- she had her own room.

If she had roomates and they werent concerned that she didnt showed up the next morning they may have known that she was hooking up with someone? Therefore they were not worried that she was not there in the morning.

Well, not to beat up on the cops here.........but there is a thing called a "composite sketch". I don't know why they wouldn't have had one of those at least drawn up when they interviewed White Guy. Maybe White Guy said he was bald because his corn rows were basically pulled tight against his scalp, but the flowing mane of hair on the back of his head (dreadlocks) would almost certainly have appeared in a composite sketch had one been drawn up.

But no sketch was ever issued. Thus the description issued in the media was vague at best, and totally misleading at worst. It cause d a lot of confusion yesterday amongst my fellow sleuthers.

And it's my opinion that it was intentional as well, But why?

Investigators must have a reason for purposefully misleading the public about POI's appearance.

I hope so too, otherwise WG gave the wrong description and I think that makes him involved somehow. I would hope for this to be a bit more straightforward rather than akin to my whacked out scenario I proposed earlier.

Her wording may have to do with her background.

One thing that stood out to me scanning through her twitter feed is that she appears to be more mature, worldly, than what you may consider your typical 18 year old. She certainly seemed to travel a lot and her parents and other relatives allowed her to drink. There is a photo of a map where she shows all the places her father has been around the world. It's loaded with pins all over.

I agree about her worldliness... she was much more up on foreign events than most students. I noticed from her twitter feed how close she seemed to be to her parents. She posted a bunch of silly exchanges that she had with her dad and one she had with her mom and her dad. They were all very cute.

Regarding facebook, many feeds appear to have some, but infrequent, posts if you aren't friends with the person. In the Anna Smith (disappeared at Appalachian State the week before Hannah), if you weren't friends, it looked like she and her boyfriend had both posted for the last time on the same day in December, if I recall, or that they each had a post here, a post there over the summer. Anyway, my point is that you saw a whole different picture if you were friends. If you were friends with them, you could see that they had both posted throughout the summer and comments from friends that were current. I wasn't facebook friends with either, but I know someone who was/is.

Investigators must have a reason for purposefully misleading the public about POI's appearance.

Do we know they purposefully mislead? Did they issue a statement saying that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she had roomates and they werent concerned that she didnt showed up the next morning they may have known that she was hooking up with someone? Therefore they were not worried that she was not there in the morning.

Or her bedroom door was closed and they thought she was sleeping in (and maybe they were sleeping in) and it wasn't until the afternoon that they became concerned that she had not yet emerged from her bedroom for the day. Didn't we hear her friends reported her missing in the afternoon? That could have been early as noon, really.

I have a lot of catching up to do in the thread, but just don't feel up to it now. It is a bit frustrating reading through, as there is a lot of misinformation regarding wrong timelines and naming suspects that aren't involved and also getting off topic...argh!!

Regardless, a thought I wanted to share (despite being crazy)...I'm starting to buy the theory that WG and DBM (and even perhaps the two ladies in the Sal's video) are in cahoots. If the WG did in fact give the incorrect description (and it wasn't LE trying to instill a false sense of security in DBM) than I think there is DEFINITE reason to think there is collaboration between them. WG lays in wait, alerts DBM of target coming up, WG steps right out behind her to indicate that she is the target. DBM comes up and engages her. The thinking would be that she would tell him to bug off or act bothered, then WG comes in the "save" her, thus instilling a sense of trust. At which point he would offer her "help"... maybe a ride home or something to get her to come with him and he can abduct. It just so happened that she didn't act bothered by DBM, therefore, DBM was able to carry out the plan and was able to take her. I'm thinking this would potentially be related to sex trade. DBM has no job seemingly, no drugs were found to warrant arrest, so that leaves out drug dealing as an income option (unless he disposed of them in the home when they came to search car). So perhaps this is how he makes his income. Totally far fetched and out there for this "small town," but I was thinking about it as I lay here not sleeping.

As to why WG went to police, he probably has to "live the lie," be the hero....and lay seeds of misinformation to throw them off...
The only problem I have with that scenario is WG bringing attention to himself from LE. Attention he can no longer hide from.In the criminal world that's the last thing you want. Keep in mind he came forward BEFORE the release of the video and had called the tip line. Jmo of course

Do we know they purposefully mislead? Did they issue a statement saying that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, but that is my opinion. I'll edit my post to reflect that :).

You would think that she would have told someone at the party why she was leaving it. It sounded like a small party in an apartment?

She did. She told a male friend, who offered to walk her home. She declined.

The only problem I have with that scenario is WG bringing attention to himself from LE. Attention he can no longer hide from.In the criminal world that's the last thing you want. Keep in mind he came forward BEFORE the release of the video and had called the tip line. Jmo of course

I hear ya, I think it is a total long shot, but it was circling in my brain as I laid there last night. The whole entire scenario is so strange. Why we she there at all? Why did she take that route? Why did she go with DBM? Why wasn't she truthful with her friends about going home? So many questions that we don't have answers to.

I've watched the jewelry store video 20 times now.

I'm still baffled how Dreads manages to catch up to White Guy, gets around him, then gets ahead of him, and puts his arm around Hannah's waist

I wonder that too. How the heck was he able to catch up to Hannah, who was walking pretty fast, before Tuel's Jewelry which was very very close to Sal's like a minute walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75