GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm coming way late to the party, and it seems the party ended too soon lol.
Although I'm happy with the verdict, I am a bit uncomfortable with the speed.

Does anyone know of NK's "boyfriend" that was brought up so many times before? Is he a made-up part of her fantasy, or did he exist and they were spending time together around the time this whole thing was getting planned? He didn't testify on her behalf, so I'm just confused by this mysterious person, and yet she had an "I heart David!" on her whiteboard??

Also confused by the "older-looking" guy that was banned from Walmart, but agreed to try to buy a shovel for David. Is that the infamous older cross-country guy that was posting all sorts of cryptic utube messages way back? Or is this another person?

Homeland Security's Omniplex division shut that guy up about a year ago after he managed to bring the trial of Joshua Castellon to a skreetching halt, also.
------------
Anyway, Keepers' attorney was no dummy. That hail mary motion to deny ALL evidence right out of the gates this morning may have appeared delusional, but it was to save his *advertiser censored* when talking to her parents tonight about his efforts and their costs.

Last edited:
This was the fastest trial...the prosecution's case, the defense case...and then the verdict.

The jury made up of 8 men and 4 women began deliberating around 2:45 p.m. and came to a decision just after 4 p.m. in the trial for an ex-Virginia Tech student accused of concealing a body and being an accomplice in the murder of 13-year-old Nicole Lovell in January of 2016.

Commonwealth, defense rest in Natalie Keepers trial

I'll catch up later...

Didn't she feel a need to report this upcoming murder?

I mean she was what, 14 at the time? She was probablyscared that she’d get in trouble for talking to an older boy or something.

Edited bc math is hard. She was probably 15. But I am sure she was manipulated by DE and I’m not surprised she didn’t report it.

Last edited:
I mean she was what, 14 at the time? She was probablyscared that she’d get in trouble for talking to an older boy or something.

Edited bc math is hard. She was probably 15. But I am sure she was manipulated by DE and I’m not surprised she didn’t report it.

I'm not surprised either. At that age, you're smarter than your parents and the hormones are raging. IIRC their text exchanges showed that she knew a lot and contributed to the demise by blowing up his ego.

I think many felt he should have gotten a life sentence...including Nicole's mother who started a petition for the governor to increase Eisenhaur's sentence.
I can understand that people think he should've gotten life, but 50 years is not a light sentence. He didn't get off easy.

But I realize that is my opinion and others don't share it.

jmo

I can understand that people think he should've gotten life, but 50 years is not a light sentence. He didn't get off easy.

But I realize that is my opinion and others don't share it.

jmo

I agree. Sure, LWOP would have been nice. But I am OK with 50, because that is a very long time. I guess the frustrating part is if he is a 'good boy' and they parole him in 25. I don't know what the rules are in his state for parole times.

SBM

Does anyone know of NK's "boyfriend" that was brought up so many times before? Is he a made-up part of her fantasy, or did he exist and they were spending time together around the time this whole thing was getting planned? He didn't testify on her behalf, so I'm just confused by this mysterious person, and yet she had an "I heart David!" on her whiteboard??

It was Nicole that had "I (heart) David" on her whiteboard, not NK.

Twitter

As soon as her attorney brought up mental health, and then went overboard with it, he lost the jury. They were better off trying to blame the Columbian drug cartels for the grizzly stabbing and movement of the body after the fact.
------------
Still don't know why Judge Turk didn't write up Contempt of Court charge when Keepers screamed "Oh, she's in?!?", upon the mere sight of Miss B.

Jurors are to return Friday morning to consider Keepers’ sentence. She faces up to life in prison. While the jury will recommend a punishment, Judge Robert Turk will decide what penalty to impose, probably at a later hearing.

Turk will also sentence Keepers on an additional charge of concealing Lovell’s body, to which she pleaded guilty last month. Keepers could get up to five years behind bars on this charge.
She mostly sat with her head down, or wiped her eyes, or talked with her attorneys during breaks. When the jury’s verdict was announced, Keepers’ face crumpled and she looked toward her parents, Tim and Sara Keepers, sitting in the back row of the courtroom’s spectator area.

“I love you,” her mother mouthed to her.

UPDATED: Jury finds Natalie Keepers guilty of accessory charge in murder of 13-year-old Nicole Lovell

5ba40f869df00.image.jpg

Keepers photo after the verdict.

Jurors are to return Friday morning to consider Keepers’ sentence. She faces up to life in prison. While the jury will recommend a punishment, Judge Robert Turk will decide what penalty to impose, probably at a later hearing.

UPDATED: Jury finds Natalie Keepers guilty of accessory charge in murder of 13-year-old Nicole Lovell

OBTW, it was NL not NK that wrote "I Love David_97" on the whiteboard. Somebody earlier thought NK wrote "I Love David_A" on the board.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Tammy Weeks, mother of #NicoleLovell is about to give testimony about the impact of the murder of her daughter.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Tim Keepers, Natalie's dad testifies: "Please, my entire family asks you to have mercy on natalie. This crime was not just Natalie's Idea. Without David his would not have happened. Without Natalie, it still would have."
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Natalie is taking the stand.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Natalie: "I'm so sorry. Words can't express how sorry I am. I never intended for this to happen. I pray for your family every night."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back