GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The items with the orange tops are definitely Gatorade. I don't think the other items are canned goods either because they look too small. Plus, what is the first thing Brittany puts up ? It's flat. A cover for the tent ?

looks like one of those flashlight packs to me - wrapped in hard plastic that is ridiculous to open

First 36 seconds of video at Walmart, she's walking behind and/or to his side, but still behind him.

Wow---aisles empty! No one in sight.

At this time, the parade had just ended. There were thousands at the parade. Would explain why nobody there.

That video was really hard for me to watch. If her mom's last status update on FB or MS was at 1:00 and they are thinking TOD was AM to early evening then by the time they are at Wal-Mart her mom had already been killed. I think Brittany knew that her mom was gone in this video. The only way I can describe it is she looks numb. :sick:

I got the very same feeling! She looks petrified, and very uneasy. It sent shivers through me. :( I feel she knew her Mom was gone.

I think those were two of those fleece blankets too, not sleeping bags. I saw the gatorade. I wish the had not blurred the items checked out. ugh. Doesn't look like they bought propane, I think they all come in green bottles with black caps, anyone know if they sell propane in brown canisters?? Did you notice when the reporter asked if they knew who called him in wm, he said 'oh, yes, we do' with a slight smile. I definitely think they are with someone else, who may have camping equipment and all they had to pick up was an extra tent and some blankets. I do think he's broke if he tried to use the atm prior to the walmart trip. I'm sure he would have rather paid with cash then risk running that card through.
I do not think she looks well. If they were running off to be 'together' in her mind, I think he would have tried to be more consoling to her in the store, no hugging 'it'll be alright sweetie' from him, not talking to her, nothing. Yal know what I mean? This is not going to end well,IMO.

I know a 12 year old can't 'consent' to any of this....but she REALLY doesn't APPEAR as a victim of a crime or kidnapping in this video. Its scary to watch HER placing the items on the counter for purchase. I know we've seen Shasta, Elizabeth, and others not run from their captors, but it's VERY odd to see Brittany actually helping Jeff.

So she placed some items in the cart and on the counter. There is no sound. How do you know he did not tell her to do that?

looks like he may have pulled phone out to read stored pin number, then played it off like a call...moo

I had the same impression. If he punched in a PIN he must have used her debit card.

Another thought I had, he must have known her balance was low either after his failed ATM attempt or from looking at bank records since he lived there, hence the minimal amount they purchased. If you were planning on camping in winter (especially on someone elses ticket), why in the world would you buy 2 tiny throws and a crappy tent?

The items with the orange tops are definitely Gatorade. I don't think the other items are canned goods either because they look too small. Plus, what is the first thing Brittany puts up ? It's flat. A cover for the tent ?

It kind of looks like one of those silver thermal blankets you get in first aid/emergency kits. I dunno.

3a_lar_emergency_blanket.jpg

One thing I wonder was the Sporting Goods department the only department they were in ? I know they sell individual Gatorades over with the sports gear, which is right there. I don't see any other footage of any other area in the store.

I'm about to go there now and see what the Hell they purchased !

I think we will all agree that he did not buy the supplies of a man who is planning on hiding in the mountains for an extended period.

His hands do not look bruised or scabbed up during the checkout process.
Makes me wonder about timing in relation to Tina.

Have to blow that up....but I don't see any of that either.

No cash handed back in the transaction.

Nope. Where I am they make you sign the little machine, after a check or cc transaction.. I've never purchased less than $25 so I don't know if that stipulation for not signing is in place, but I thought this was the reason for noone checking the cc....a display is/was signed. ???

His Mom talked to him on Friday. (Possibly in Walmart.)

I believe they bought water as well. (White lids.)

You have to push "credit or debit" and then "okay" the amount as well. So he may not have entered a pin. It does not always ask me to sign, might be a glitch.

I have a totally different perspective... as usual. I actually didn't think she looked terrified. Watching that video was like watching myself at 12... or even now.

Brittany looks like a girl with a low self esteem to me. Her body language is identical to my own. I just kind of follow if I'm in the store with someone, even now. The video of me at Costco last week with my Dad, looked identical to that. Hand position, posture, actions... Identical.

I would think he would have instructed her to remain RIGHT next to him if he was holding her hostage. He does not appear at all concerned that she might take off or something. He doesn't even turn around to make sure she is still there. My Dad does that and I'm 26 years old!

I quickly grab bags out of the cart when I'm shopping with someone, to try and please them. I grab them and put them in the cart. Then I quickly return to a "defensive or submissive" body posture as it has been described. I quickly unload them when we get to the vehicle too.

When the alarm goes off it looks to me like Brittany quickly backs up, to avoid being in the way of the person coming to check the cart. Not wanting to cause an issue or be a nuisance. I would also think she would be nervous, security guards coming.. she is 12. Doesn't want to get in trouble.. I am terrified of authority figures. You should see me after I get pulled over...

I would expect him to be a bit nervous checking out, I am every time I use anything other than cash and I'm not doing anything illegal. He was using someone else's card and could have been arrested for it. I'd be nervous too.

Although it was creepy to watch, it gives me a bit more hope... just because that's how I act everyday... I think it's possible Brittany simply has a low self esteem and that is the reason for her behavior. I do still think a murder suicide is a possibility though... and of course if he feels cornered who knows what he might do. Hopefully his Mom is right and he won't hurt her.

he is shifting his weight a lot at the check out.....not a lot of eye contact with teller. She is clasping her hands the whole time....and for a momement there when the alarm went off she backs to off to the side......damm that would have been her chance to get help:(

He also made a sweeping crossing of his leg after the alarm too. Nervous?

If she is looking nervous in that video who is to say that she's not worried about getting caught? I'm not saying that is the case at all but you can't be like "Oh she's scared she obviously didn't go willingly" but REALLY now who is to say she's not looking scared because she's afraid of being caught? This could turn out that she killed her mom or that she had nothing to do with & that it was SHE who drove the one vehicle. Again I am not by any means stating that is what happened but she could simply be looking nervous because she ran off with him and is afraid of getting caught. Who is to say that even if she didn't kill her mom that she wasn't some how involved in driving her vehicle off? I mean we really don't know!

One thing I wonder was the Sporting Goods department the only department they were in ? I know they sell individual Gatorades over with the sports gear, which is right there. I don't see any other footage of any other area in the store.

I'm about to go there now and see what the Hell they purchased !
You're great! I was going to suggest for you to run over and check it out,knowing you're right there, but didn't want to seem like I was telling you what to do!! :)
I think they were in the homewares section of that video, I think the camping section has another isle on the back part, which in this video, shows a wall.

one comment I'd like to make: we can all see she is nervous/scared/shocked .... think about what type of 12 year old girl goes through WalMart without straying one inch from the person she's with, doesn't stop to look at or pick up one erroneous item ----- she was there and she was scared. We just don't know at this time whether it's scared because he told her it's her fault her mom is dead and she better go with him for protection or scared because he said he'd do the same thing to her as her mom if she did anything wrong in WM.

Lord, find this child soon. I'm really concerned this man may have harmed her. She looks afraid to me in that video.

you know, after looking at the video a few times, I thought to myself that it looked more like he was shopping to send her to "camp" or a backyard slumber party. Which got me thinking. What if they're not "camping" outside? Maybe the tent was bought more for privacy for where they are then shelter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz