Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the day trying my hardest to unhear all I've heard, unsee all I've seen and just focus on the trial videos. Well, it can't be done. Nope. I was lost by the time Willmott was done with her opening argument..... There's just something off about that girl ;) JM did a powerful opening argument and it already had me a doing a WTH when Willmott tried to set up the Poor Jodi Defense. I can't imagine the jury is going to have a hard time reaching a unanimous decision for M1...and then of course, DP.
I had a few free seconds later today so I sent another very special, very heartfelt tweet to JA.
Just to let her know we aren't going to forget. No matter what. I kept it clean and I kept it classy. I hope she's able to comprehend it, since she is neither. :)
Tweets
Be careful folks! I just read on the State vs Jodi Arias fb that they
(trolls)are having people's twitter accts suspended if you send a message.
They (trolls) are reporting that people are posting nude pictures etc...
even though they are not...

I didn't see the Walmart person testify?

Did I read correctly, though, that Nurmi had no questions for that witness? If so, very interesting he didn't raise this then, isn't it?

Because he knew there was nothing to say.

I figured he didn't cross because there would be no refuting that the gas can didn't get returned to the same WM. Now am not so sure what his reasoning is because of his objections and what amounts to lying in his closing..confused as usual.

ITA. Very sad .. at least he reached that point before he died, however.

Deanna was incredible, wasn't she? When KN was asking her what she knew about TA childhood, she managed to get on record that he was proud of his father at the end, and remembered the loving things his mom did for him.

I am in awe of her. What a remarkable woman.

That was awesome! I'm sure Nurmi only expected bad things :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

How scary i thought as i listen to nurmis closing! If i was on trial facing the dp this would not be someone like him representing me! His closing is so weak and sloppy and hes trying to lie to the jury tries to confuse things she clearly lied about under oath. Hes saying dr horn and everyone else is inept with their testimony.

Sorry to quote my own post but I just checked on the legal thread and AZlawyer says they don't get the transcripts. He/she also stated it's not likely the judge would allow them to see them but would ask the jurors to rely on their memories and notes.

I certainly didn't mean to mislead anyone. Humble apology!

Still seems strange to me though. There was A LOT of testimony! Glad I'm not having to rely on my memory for all that!

I never thought they got transcripts to review, but always believed they could have testimony read back to them.

I cannot believe that a judge would deny jurors that request.

Oh, this is a good topic for compiling a list: most bizarre DT moments

My number 1? The chihuahua eyeball!

Willmott's accusatory question of Dr. DeMarte on why she didn't interview Travis was a keeper.

Sorry to quote my own post but I just checked on the legal thread and AZlawyer says they don't get the transcripts. He/she also stated it's not likely the judge would allow them to see them but would ask the jurors to rely on their memories and notes.

I certainly didn't mean to mislead anyone. Humble apology!

Still seems strange to me though. There was A LOT of testimony! Glad I'm not having to rely on my memory for all that!

Yeah, I just don't see the point.

If anyone is in the Southern California /Riverside area there is going to be a candlelight prayer vigil at Olivewood Memorial Park at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow night in honor of Travis. The cemetary is at 3300 Central Ave., Riverside, Ca 92506 This is where Travis is laid to rest. He is on the North side. When you turn left into the cemetary at the light, he is on the first hillside on the right, right next to his beloved Grandmother Norma.

I wonder if Arias wrote Nurmi's script and that's why the comment that he didn't like her, 9 times out 10. Nurmi, imho, probably knew he was going to make a fool of himself for Arias, even lie. I would have detested her, she probably threatened to tattle on them. As much as I cannot stand the DT, can you imagine having to deal with Jodi. JW looked like she's aged so much, Nurmi put on some weight fast.

Arias invading JW's personal space like she did, not a sign of a battered woman and especially, a child.

I have to imagine that Nurmi has told Jodi that numerous times and that is why she laughed. Jodi could suck the life right out of you. Any relationship she has is over-the-top. She really does not know what boundaries are.

She is a walking, vacant black hole to take something so innocent and use it to accuse Travis of pedophilia. I hate her.

8707807401_2bedee9775.jpg

Juanderful's answer to Jodi's "dirty little" lie about Travis and pedophilia

CAMERON DIAZ Comes at the end when she awakens from her dream.

IMO Juan's scenario of what happened during the actual murder was VERY close to what actually happened. Her face looked rather pale - I think she was stunned that he could put it all together without her telling them anything that was the truth!

True. I think from her two days of interrogation with Flores and Lady Detective, she figured out that the police and the family wanted the details. Like how and why the murder happened. They almost begged her to tell the truth so the family could have some peace. She realized then this is the only power and control she will ever have over this whole situation. That only she knows exactly how, why and what truly happened. So to keep that control she will never tell the truth.
But through the blood I do think Juan got very close.

ITA. Very sad .. at least he reached that point before he died, however.

Deanna was incredible, wasn't she? When KN was asking her what she knew about TA childhood, she managed to get on record that he was proud of his father at the end, and remembered the loving things his mom did for him.

I am in awe of her. What a remarkable woman.

Deanna was pure "quality"...she was stalwart, composed, dedicated,"true"....
She epitomized every quality that Jodi lacked...She was a true lady, friend and champion of Travis....her moral compass is on track...the strength of her character/her basic "goodness" shine in direct opposition of Arias's tarnished being...
Travis lives on in the memories of his loved ones...his spirit is honoured by those who knew him...Deanna recognizes his spirit and let's his essence shine through her testimony

Oh Lord ALV, watching Anderson Cooper, I cannot breath in the same air space as this woman. I know it's TV but the shear look at ALV set's my anxiety into high gear. I can hardly breathe. Why do I do this to myself?

I do not like our Justice system, it's so very broken! So much evidence that Jurors can't see. I do understand too predudical to some extent but really, come on, it leaves too much out of the great big picture. We have gone to much to the left. What is, is, why do we as a nation, as people, is beyond me? Makes no sense to me at all. Why hide it!

I will say I loved that the jury was able to ask questions. As a juror I think that would be such a great way to get clarification and unscripted answers. More states should have that option, at least for death penalty cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie