Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we know if the jury has questions or requests to view evidence during their deliberation? If so, will we know what the questions or requests are? TIA!

Yes. The requests will be read in open court with all the lawyers and the defendant present.

Sometimes some requests are denied as well.

now it's being reported the court will allow 1 hr for media & family to assemble once verdict comes in

Whew. As I am only minutes away from anywhere in this tiny town that means I can get home to the TV.

Teresa Fortner Teresa Fortner ‏@mzreesa 3 May

@courtpio Do we know how long we will have from the time they announce there is a verdict til the actual reading of the verdict?
@mzreesa about 45 minutes or until family arrives.

--

Media have been told 30 which should give some of the family time to get through faster..

OMG, caller on HLN saying because we don't know to whom the gun was registered means no premeditation. :banghead:
I heard that - my impression of that caller was that this a person that enjoys being argumentative - wants to be the person that "sees" things that others have not. The caller said that "every gun owner knows that guns have a serial number on it - the gun that Travis Alexander was shot with was never found - it's hearsay that Arias used the gun that was stolen from her grandparents home."

Hopefully there are not any "argumentative because I like to argue" people on the jury. People that if you said "Red is the best color," would tell you 100 reasons why red is not the best color - say things "you've got to be kidding, right, red is not the best color." As soon as you say, "okay Red IS NOT the best color," the person will say, "Are you kidding - Red IS the best color."

It can be a great character trait if there is a proper outlet for it. However, if there is not a proper outlet for it - it becomes annoying.

Lol I still don't get the comment made about the bad haircut and sexual orientation.

Nurmi was referring too I BELIEVE the social media he was reading about the bad haircut he has and the was he is being portrayed as a pervert. OR could be Willmott's bad haircut and her BFF relationship with JA? I do know he HAD to be referring to what people on social media were blasting the defense about.

Yesterday I was watching a re-run about Nicole Brown's (Simpson) last 24 hours. There was this expert who, commenting on when Nicole ignored OJ at the dance recital, said "She rejected him. You don't reject an obsessor because when you do, that's when all of the evil gets released." It gave me the chills and I said a prayer.

I dont know why but I find him completely adorable :eek: I never watched the fca trial so I had no idea who he was until lately

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus
Jose Baez as a used car salesman!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: He has his number!

I heard her testimony. It is my belief that both she and HLN took the entire event out of context and tried to make a big deal out of nothing. They used the story and video from a local network and completely changed the context.

To me, that's bad journalism. :moo:

Most main stream media outlets are self serving. If an ommision of the facts can keep a story going a little longer, make no mistake,. they will do it. Ratings is the name of the game, and they will omit the inconvienent truth.

At three minutes to 2 p.m., the Moon in Aries hits the planet Uranus (Herschel) and we will hear of or see some movement. Speaking of the clock in Phoenix and the West Coast. 4:57 p.m. on the East Coast. We need to keep in mind that now a foreman has been chosen, the Sun (that elected person) in Taurus and the surrounding planets in Taurus have been activated to full effect. Taurus is a solid, deliberate, determined Sign. That Pisces Moon is still operating and is in harmony with all the Taurus elements. Neither of those Signs races through matters. They take their time and use all due care. That's why another factor like the Aries Moon on Uranus acts to bump matters along.

ok i was doing good waiting and now I cant stand it anymore. Have to make a long island ice tea.

Maybe the delay is because of something like this....

Foreperson:
"ok, here we all are. Lets see where we stand. Raise your hands if you think murder 1."

Everyone raises hands.

Foreperson:
"ok, we had better wait a couple hours because we have to make it look like we thought this out" LOL :)

Does that mean I can pour myself a glass of vino? I am officially off work, but its 1:15. LOL. Awe Heck, I am gonna have one!

Peeps, the jury clock includes Friday. For those who were wondering.

It is usually the judge or the foreperson. I've never heard of the bailiff reading it but it is possible.

It's not the Bailiff, but the Clerk of the Court. That is the staple lady. That is who read the OJ verdict.

It is usually the judge or the foreperson. I've never heard of the bailiff reading it but it is possible.

Who read it in CA's case..wasn't it the court clerk?
Every case I have seen it was the court clerk who read them

I did not say a bailiff read the verdict.I said the foreperson hands the verdict form to the bailiff to give to the judge,then she will give it to the CC

I hope we don't have to listen to Monica Lindstrom the entire time the jury is deliberating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm