VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After some digging on BK site this is all I got:

#15 is an assistant to a Kindergarten teacher
#16 is a trauma nurse, and treats victims of crime.
---
#9 was excused on Day 2 of trial, her sister in-law was a friend and went to school with JA
I also believe she is the one that went up to BK and asked if she NG.

Thanks again, Elle Elle.

Information below is from Monica Lindstrom. I really wish someone could fill in the blanks as to which of these people are on the final jury and match them up by number, and/or with any other information that has been reported.

http://ktar.com/305/1776840/Legally-Speaking-Who-are-the-jurors-deciding-the-fate-of-Jodi-Arias

What colour are the tow trucks in AZ? Didn't she claim to have run out of gas in the desert... when she cleaned her car out, washed the blood off, had some water and snacks... just another story imo like the one where she talked about some guy who had either driven her back to some place to eat that was 15? miles behind them, or had offered to.:/

The incident with the friendly tow truck driver was much earlier. Jodi talked about it being a time that Travis chided her for not behaving safely.

She may not have been if it wasn't for the miraculous camera, palm print and hairs on the baseboard.

I also wonder what the duct tape was used for?

rjqdma.jpg

Well there was other circumstantial evidence against her. Daryl's gas cans, the gas receipts, the extra mileage on the rental car and the cell phone off/on, pings and messages. I wonder if, with just that evidence against her, what she would have been charged with? Same thing just with less damning evidence?

But anyway... I noticed the time stamp in the pics you posted are red. Weren't some of the time stamps yellow? If so, any idea why for?

Thank you ElleElle for your informative input...it helps me to wrap my brain around all the info. Having said that, please bare with me, as I am a newbie to this forum, does any one know or has it been reported what kind of camera TA had if any before he made this new purchase? TIA
The EXIF data is extracted from the camera, not the memory card. Again, I cannot stress enough that Sony has their own propriety memory cards that cannot be interchanged from camera - camera, unless it is another Sony camera.

Thank you ElleElle for your informative input...it helps me to wrap my brain around all the info. Having said that, please bare with me, as I am a newbie to this forum, does any one know or has it been reported what kind of camera TA had if any before he made this new purchase? TIA

He did not have a Sony. His roomate had one though.

Speaking for myself, I just think the pictures are strange. I never tried to convince myself that they didn't have sex that day (I just looked again at the nudes of Travis and yeah, it's pretty apparent they did, if you know what I mean), I just think they're weird for sex photos. But sex before premeditated murder IS weird.
Yeah, but sex was probably a payoff for Jodi. It likely made her feel powerful and in control but also might have helped to lower Travis' guard. I believe there's a lot deeper (and more sadistic) psychology at play too - like her believing she was corrupting his soul.

And yet her purpose for having those photos on the camera may have been for Mimi to see them.

I've read that theory before, and I agree to a point, but was Jodi assuming TA wouldn't delete the nudies off the memory card before he left for Cancun? That's what I don't get -- her leaving something to chance. She seems to be the type of person where if she wants something done, she's gonna make sure it gets done. Like murdering her ex-bf.

She thinks she is. Ugh.

kgrhqz10.jpg

Snow White has a black eye, is crying and has a smile on her face. What are the symbols below supposed to represent? :waitasec:

The butcher-killer passed 100 hours of Twitter silence. :silenced::behindbar

Cougarlicious must have lured someone into her den and is too busy.

He did not have a Sony. His roomate had one though.

He did have a Sony. His was like mine only a later generation. IIRC

Yeah, but sex was probably a payoff for Jodi. It likely made her feel powerful and in control but also might have helped to lower Travis' guard. I believe there's a lot deeper (and more sadistic) psychology at play too - like her believing she was corrupting his soul.

I feel like she had to have him wrapped around her finger again before she killed? As you stated she was back in control.

She may not have been if it wasn't for the miraculous camera, palm print and hairs on the baseboard.

I also wonder what the duct tape was used for?

rjqdma.jpg

I recall researching this in some detail during guilt phase.

TA wore a BodyBugg on his upper arm; used it to track fitness metrics.

Due to the tendency for the velcro strap mechanism to fail, some speculated that TA may have used duct tape to secure it.

But you can see the device with the strap in this crime scene photo:

bodybugg.jpg

Does it account for the redness some see on his upper arm?

Yes! I agree completely!!!

@juanstie: @adeleatplay @TrialDiariesJ @StabbysPencil @audrey_m It has been extended http://t.co/F4DDuLTxWy

MIT spec contract extended til 2018.
I am still back at the beginning of this thread, but I find this hard to believe. I cannot see an official sight putting up crossed out dates and other crossed out information. It just doesn't seem like how an official sight would update something. IMO

I think she went there with the idea that if he agreed to take her to Cancun and marry her that he would still be alive, just wishing he was dead every day.

Today is the two year anniversary of JM's cross of JA re the camera pics and the murder:

Part 1: https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...8&sigb=13lqts5j6&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Part 2-3 links in the right column

This is JA's testimony with JM:

Day 25, Part 3 @ 4:55
The just finished discussing that she saw no blood after shooting Travis in the face.
JM - You describe what has happened that Mr. Alexander is down next to the tub then it was you that moved that camera, right?
KN - Objection
JM - With regard to Mr. Alexander, Ma'am, the last memory you have of him is that he was down on the ground. Correct?
JA - Ah, yes.
JM - And the last memory you have of him after you shot him, right?
JA - Yes.
JM - You never saw him walking around, did you?
JA - No. I didn't.
JM - And assuming he did not get up and walk around and assuming you did shoot him, and assuming the camera was where you told us it was, then this camera to take a photograph has to move, right?
JA - Yes, had to be moved.
JM - And you would acknowledge that you did the moving, right?
KN - Objection
JA - Only under that theory.
JM - Well, you see ma'am him right there, Mr. Alexander?
JA - Yes.
JM - No, take a look at it.
JA - I've already seen it.
JM - Alright, are you saying that in the condition that Mr. Alexander is in Exhibit 162, you were there, that it is your opinion that he moved the camera?
JA - I'm not saying that.
JM - So you did move the camera, right?
KN - Objection
JA - I don't know.
JM - And that camera as we now know it ended up in a washing machine? You know that right?
JA - Yes.

Time on video @ 16:00
Picture of the blood splatter on the sink, JA says it's not blood from her finger. His blood only. Juan tells her Travis would have to be standing.

Time on video @ 31:00
Juan asks her the stabbing was after the shooting, right?
JA - Yes, I don't remember.
JM - I'm not asking if you remember, ma'am, I'm asking if you acknowledge it would have been you that did it? Correct?
JA - Yes.
JM - And you would acknowledge that a lot of the stab wounds, and we can count them together, including the ones to the head, were to the back of the head and the back of the torso correct?
JA -Okay, _____ count them, I'll just take your word for it.
JM - Would you like to take a look at the photograph?
JA - No.
JM - So if he is being stabbed in the back would you acknowledge at that point he is no threat to you, right?
KN - Objection
JA - I don't know.
JM - Well, if he's already been shot according to you and he's facing away from you, how could be possibly be any threat to you?
JA - I don't know what you are asking me.
JM - Well, with regard to the, you were here when the ME testified to the wound to the throat, do you remember that?
JA - Yes.
JM - With regard to that wound, ma'am, you would acknowledge that wound in terms of stab wounds, you would acknowledge that that was the last wound in the sequence of events.
KN - Objection
JA - Are you talking about his testimony about the sequence of events.
JM - Would you agree that you're the person who actually slit Mr. Alexander's throat from ear-to-ear?
JA - Yes.
JM - Would you also agree that you are the individual that stabbed him in the upper torso?
JA - Yes.
JM - And you are doing all of this according to your version of events as a ____ after you have already shot him, right?
JA - Yes.
JM - Correct?
JA - I believe so.
JM - Well, no. Remember you previously talking to us about how he was coming at you, this horrible man with a mean face? You remember telling me that?
JA - Yes. I didn't say he was horrible.
JM - Okay, that you for correcting that. Remember you telling us that he was a mean man?
JA - Not today.
JM - Well, previously. You did say he was a mean _____, correct?
JA - I think I did, yes.

The links are great to go back over and how the first jury got to see how inconsistent she was at times with her "versions" of the truth.

I always thought he was an alternative, not on the jury. Hence, 13th juror. I guess I am wrong. Please don't think I was disrespecting him in any way. I read his FB posts daily. He offers things that others do not. But, he is wrong some of the time, especially with AZ law. Even AZL has stated as much. It's just that nobody knows what is going on through the minds of this jury, the Arias jury. Yes, he has a perspective from being on a death penalty murder case, so do people who have relatives that have been killed, so do other people. Everyone is simply posting what they think the jury is thinking. We won't know until later, if we ever do.

I agree with the cumulative tweets. If you follow all of them (excluding Kiefer :wink:) you get a "feel" for what is going on. Unfortunately, JSS has shut out the cameras and held a super duper secret trial. It's a shame.

If you have followed my posts, I always respect the opinion of AZL, and thank her.. She has given us so much insight, perspective and her posts have been invaluable here. Don't know what we would have done without her.

And, NO, JVM is not professional. I didn't shed a tear when HLN shut her down. JMO

Maybe that came off wrong.......(probably it was bolding the type). I've stayed over on the Sidebar Thread 90-95% of the time since CMJA trial part 1.
AZL is the bomb for legal proceeding in Arizona, hands down.
Paul Sanders and the previous jurors who have spoken give everyone a good idea about what's going on in the jury room.

And "pot luck" isn't all that uncommon during deliberation in a murder trial, lol! I was told the jury in a murder trial I testified in down in Phoenix (1980) also brought their own food during deliberations. I think it has a lot to do with being un-sequestered.

The end of the quote about "you know I always take you back" is the most important. He went on to say, and that's "why you keep ruining me."

He wasn't expressing understanding or forgiveness, or saying his door was open to her.He was describing exactly how she manipulated him. When she did something to make him angry she manufactured drama until his anger was drowned out. He backed down, forgave her, and apologized for his anger, and she rewarded him by doing something else to harm him.

It is odd and sad that he didn't throw her out when she surprised him with an unexpected visit on June 4. (Though I do have guesses why he didn't).

Yeah. "Keep" ruining me. As in: JA had done it all before but for some he kept communicating with her, kept seeing her. She had a hold on him.
Ask anyone who has had a relationship with a psychopath or someone severely personality disordered, years later, what made them stay in the relationship and I'd wager the common theme would be manipulation. You can't see it at the time because you're just too close and trying to make sense of all the crazy around you...Travis himself had a lot of insight but you're also coming as close to the human personification of evil as you ever will. Part of you is screaming that no one is actually that bad, that cold and calculating even when you're confronted with irrefutable evidence that they are exactly that. Ultimately, that person is someone you trusted, someone you cared for. It's nearly impossible to reconcile. And they use everything they know about you as a weapon against you - religion, career success, love of family. Everything that matters to you becomes warped by them.

The only way out of any relationship with a psychopath is very resolute no contact. They'll push every boundary and attempt to manipulate you back in (stalking, threatening suicide, promising counseling, threatening pets, children or family, etc.) but once there, you're trapped all over again and psychological abuse will often escalate. Sometimes lethally.

JMO and FWIW

Lordy. I don't think that gal was cowed in the slightest by JM. I've watched and rewatched large sections of her 18 day star turn on the stand.

She had fun. She enjoyed the challenge, and was convinced early into cross that she could beat JM. JM masterfully played her overconfidence for the weakness it was; timid DV victims suffering from PTSD don't smirk, correct the prosecutor, play word games, etc. etc.

JA wasn't close to "breaking" that day when JM held her feet to the fire about June 4. Recognizing she was being cornered, she pulled out the fragile girl card, hoping it would make JM look like he was pushing her too hard. It worked. JSS called for break and let her off the hook. JA smiled after the jury left, iirc.

Good post: insightful, in my opinion.

Maybe that came off wrong.......(probably it was bolding the type). I've stayed over on the Sidebar Thread 90-95% of the time since CMJA trial part 1.
AZL is the bomb for legal proceeding in Arizona, hands down.
Paul Sanders and the previous jurors who have spoken give everyone a good idea about what's going on in the jury room.

And "pot luck" isn't all that uncommon during deliberation in a murder trial, lol! I was told the jury in a murder trial I testified in down in Phoenix (1980) also brought their own food during deliberations. I think it has a lot to do with being un-sequestered.
Whenever I take a day or weekend off, I look for your posts in the sidebar thread to get caught up. Your work is appreciated! No, you didn't come off wrong. I know better. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove