VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was walking by and saw them, flinched and said what the hell is that. I told him they were things that will never be unseen.

Ha lol. Mine also said he's seen plenty in his days (such a stud) but not any that looked like THAT

I've been curious but I've held off.

<snip for space>
I'm glad for the Alexanders opportunity for justice. It was a cruel unwarranted murder. My point and opinion is/was they have said themselves how they feel, I wasn't judging them. They have heavy hearts, no doubt about it. You can't move forward unless you come to terms that your life has to go forward no matter what the circumstances are. Everyone is human, bottom line, most want agree or like it but the road to recovery is to forgive. I guess I can't explain it, you would have to be in that position or a similar place to understand. Some people can't do it and I am so thankful for my sisters faith and strength and her ability to find that forgiveness. Without her ability to release that hate, revenge and the feelings she went through she would have been left a hard, hateful women. My sister is now the opposite, she was given a gift by forgiving, she was blessed with 2 more children, and now has 6 wonderful grandchildren, and most of all she has a forgiving heart. I hope the Alexanders can find the same peace. JMOO.

If Jodi has never once expressed true remorse, why in the world would anyone feel expected to forgive her? A person can heal just fine without forgiving that kind of wrong. It involves not allowing the tragedy to define you. Not allowing a cold blooded murderer to live in your head. That is what I hope for the Alexanders.

My handwriting changes CONSTANTLY. I don't feel like anyone would be able to do analysis on my penmanship because if you went through my notebook almost no 2 pages are the same, even if writing in the same session. Handwriting analysis doesn't mean much to me for that reason.
Yeah, but this is majorly different, not minor variations, completely different formation of letters, even caps vs. lower case. The doodles of Snow White and Mormon symbols supposedly by Jodi are fake. They cannot be drawn by Jodi for the reasons stated.

Monica may be wrong, shocking. :wink: The juror never said that she "barely knows how to use the internet," she said she rarely uses the computer. Also, I'm not 100% positive she is really the teacher. Might be just an aide to the teacher based on the tweets from October 7, 2014. I compiled all the tweets during this phase of the trial and they didn't report what Monica is reporting.

If I'm reading your tweets right, it does say the teacher said she "barely knows how to operate a computer."

If I'm reading your tweets right, it does say the teacher said she "barely knows how to operate a computer."
WAT said teacher, then the others say special needs and the other one said she just helps the teacher. I don't know if she is actually THE teacher based on the tweets from 10/7. WAT was the only one who actually said "teacher" then they went on to say the other things, like "she works with special need kids and she assists the lead teacher."

If Jodi has never once expressed true remorse, why in the world would anyone feel expected to forgive her? A person can heal just fine without forgiving that kind of wrong. It involves not allowing the tragedy to define you. Not allowing a cold blooded murderer to live in your head. That is what I hope for the Alexanders.

Forgiveness is not about anyone else but you. It's about not allowing anyone or anything to create hatred in your heart. I don't judge anyone or try to say how long forgiveness takes. It will come in its own sweet time, but when it comes, you are free. Everyone has to grieve in their own way. If I were in that family, my heart couldn't heal until the trial was over. I admire the family for their strength.

BBM ~ Why does it worry you a juror does not use the internet?

My brother is 42 and doesn't even know how to turn a computer on. This is his choice. He has no desire to be in cyber world.

It's not so much about her not knowing how to use the internet, it's about whether or not she was truthful about that. If she is a teacher in Maricopa County, the fourth most populous county in the US, is it really conceivable that she doesn't know how to use the internet? Here in DC, at the very least, teachers use email/texting as the main way of corresponding with a student's parents. On top of that, even pedestrian stuff like keeping up-to-date with planning, scheduling, updating credentials, etc.-- all that stuff is all done online. There's no getting around it.

Perhaps this juror works in a private school setting where things are done differently, I don't know. My main point in this conversation is regarding how much we know (and don't know) about these final jurors. Other people are concerned about how long they take, I'd really like to know more about who they are and what we can glean from the information about them that we have in front of us.

She might be a teachers' aide. A certified teacher is required to have a fairly high level of computer proficiency. In my school district (different state), we have to take a certain number of technology hours every year, and we are tested on our proficiency. Level of proficiency is also documented on our evaluations.

WAT said teacher, then the others say special needs and the other one said she just helps the teacher. I don't know if she is actually THE teacher based on the tweets from 10/7. WAT was the only one who actually said "teacher" then they went on to say the other things, like "she works with special need kids and she assists the lead teacher."

Since there is no other information about a teacher on the jury I'm going to say that "helps the teacher" and "is a kindergarten teacher" is the same person since the tweets about her appeared to come at the same time, if you posted them as they were questioning the one juror. By process of elimination and logic, Monica is right that the teacher or TA is the one who barely knows how to operate a computer.

JMO - but I believe the "teacher" is just an aide in a private school. That is PURE speculation. What I did like about her is that she stated at the beginning that she is a "very factual person."

I don't think she will be a hold out. There were others that I was much more worried about. Don't recall them specifically, but I know that I couldn't believe some made them through. Monica wasn't even there for jury selection, so I don't know where she is getting her info. JMO

Forgiveness is not about anyone else but you. It's about not allowing anyone or anything to create hatred in your heart. I don't judge anyone or try to say how long forgiveness takes. It will come in its own sweet time, but when it comes, you are free. Everyone has to grieve in their own way. If I were in that family, my heart couldn't heal until the trial was over. I admire the family for their strength.
Respectfully, I disagree. Forgiveness involves someone who has done wrong and the person they have wronged. I understand about being free, that the crime doesn't stop you from living your life. But that is more like transcendence than forgiveness.

If Travis was my brother, I wouldn't want the pain and anger to eat me alive. Travis wouldn't have wanted that for his siblings either. If someone told me I have to forgive Jodi, odds are there would be some pretty harsh words about that.

Okay, I'm still a bit obsessed with wanting to know more about the final jurors. I'm starting to think/remember that the voir dire process was also a "special secret" part of this trial. Still, regarding Monica Lindstrom's assessment (below), I'm a bit worried about the kindergarten teacher who "barely knows how to use the internet."

I find it very hard to believe that she doesn't know how to use the internet. Maricopa County is the fourth most populous county in the country. It's a very urban area. I also live in a densely populated urban area, and don't know of any teachers who don't use the internet as a regular part of their jobs.

Likewise, the cryptic information regarding the other jurors makes me really want to know more about them.

http://ktar.com/305/1776840/Legally-Speaking-Who-are-the-jurors-deciding-the-fate-of-Jodi-Arias

Do we know how old she is? My step mom was practicing law up until she retired a few years ago and she has not touched a computer in her life.

I posted it because a poster mentioned Snow White and this "doodle" came to mind. Not sure if JA drew it, but 01-09-13 was already 1 week into the trial. I've always wondered if she doodled this while in court.

No, the signature at the bottom proves she didn't. Someone else drew it and tried to pass the work off as Jodi's.

JMO - but I believe the "teacher" is just an aide in a private school. That is PURE speculation. What I did like about her is that she stated at the beginning that she is a "very factual person."

I don't think she will be a hold out. There were others that I was much more worried about. Don't recall them specifically, but I know that I couldn't believe some made them through. Monica wasn't even there for jury selection, so I don't know where she is getting her info. JMO

Talk to me, Angel Wings! I really want to know more! TIA

Talk to me, Angel Wings! I really want to know more! TIA

I'll try to go back to my posts from October when I get a chance. I posted all the juror tweets for a while of those who made it to the final jury selection We had asked for a specific thread and didn't get it, so I gave up posting about them (jurors.) Kicking myself now. :blushing:

No, the signature at the bottom proves she didn't. Someone else drew it and tried to pass the work off as Jodi's.

Yes, it's gotta be a fake. It was sold on eBay. :facepalm:

"The drawing, which Arias allegedly sketched on a piece of lined paper on Jan. 9 during her murder trial in Phoenix, was posted by an eBay seller known as OffTheWallClothes. The black-ink artwork shows a girl's face that the seller says is Snow White with a black eye. There are also a heart, a pentragram and the Eye of Providence, which is the name for the symbol of an eye inside a triangle, on the piece of loose leaf.

The item was available in a one-day auction ending Jan. 30 and had an opening bid of $250. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/jodi-arias-courtroom-drawing_n_2576387.html

It varies. Some do enjoy sex (though it isn't an emotional experience for them the way it is for folks who are 'normal'), some use it to gain what they want (like seducing a rich widow) but some use it simply as a means to boost their ego, because they're bored, or for a 'power high'.

I think it's really important to point out though that the sexual partner is objectified by the psychopath.

BBM: You mean like a "dildo with a heartbeat"?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am the antithesis of a psychopath. I just cannot fathom operating like they do.

And it's not necessary to forgive. If we want to continue to hate someone, we have that right. The OP was trying to imply that the Alexanders need to forgive Jodi. NO they don't ever, IMO!!! I still to this day hate my uncle- he created the hatred when he molested me- and he's been dead a few years now, but I don't let it define my life, I have my freedom. I will continue to bash him, I will NEVER forgive him, he doesn't deserve it. The only reason I don't publicly name him is that I don't want his stepdaughter to try to sue me for libel.

I'll try to go back to my posts from October when I get a chance. I posted all the juror tweets for a while of those who made it to the final jury selection We had asked for a specific thread and didn't get it, so I gave up posting about them (jurors.) Kicking myself now. :blushing:

Not trying to be redundant, but thanks for being an angel, AngelWings! I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove