VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say we are rural. 2 major cities, few smaller ones and lots of farmers fields in between. Not much to see and we only get about 4 days of summer per year, but it's home lol

You got 4 days?! Lol

C'mon up and watch the wheat grow. Or count the cows.

Actually, it's pretty lovely here. Except the climate: frigid winters and scorching summers. I grew up in BC and so my first winter here was pretty miserable. I will say that it's the perfect place for cross-country skiing.

Scorching summers? Are you drunk?

As we wait it out until Monday, I have been wondering about a couple things:

How did Juan Martinez get assigned to this case? Does Maricopa County have a lottery system (luck of the draw), or are trials assigned to a prosecutor's particular strengths, or.... what? I've been thinking about this after reading 13th juror's latest post saying that at one time he was assigned to Marissa DeVault.

Also, I'd be curious to know if the Alexander's have thought how lucky they were to get him and conversely, (regarding Det. Flores' warning to Jodi about Juan), whether from that day forward she has regretted her underestimation of Juan/overestimation of her ability to fool people. She really would have gotten 2nd degree if she'd 'fessed up early on. But no, she thought could manipulate everyone involved.

I'm also wondering if there's a chronological list of all the juror's questions. I think it might give some insight to how they shifted their beliefs as the trial went on, which might be an indication of how they're leaning now.

OMG! How far do you have to walk?

[/B]

Hey Seanna :seeya:

I had to say hello to someone who is also stuck in Manisnowba! Why do we live here??? It was -40 when I walked to work this morning. And now I'm about to re-wrap myself (long underwear, fleece pullover, wooly socks, scarf, coat, another scarf, fake fur hat and mitts--all this on top of my regular clothes--it's exhausting) to walk home. I hear that Spring is coming, but that has to be somewhere else!

Just had my annual visit with my ENT Doc. He is really cool. I always pick his brain while I am there, from Obama's new health care to new cancer treatments. This time I asked him about bullets to the head. l described TA injury and asked if he could have moved after. He gave me a general answer I wasn't expecting. He said bullets to head are strange and there have been cases where people didn't even know they had a bullet in their brain AFTER awaking from the concussion of the bullet, and they only seem to have a headache. But it was rare and upon concussion of the bullet they went unconscious. He said if victim was dead the ME could more tell how devasting the wound was and what type of bullet was used. I told him about the wound tract and how there was very little blood in it and ME said he was probably dead. Doc told me that was probably true because everyone knows how much a head wound bleeds, even a slight one. As a mother of three boys I could attest to that.

He asked why all my curiosity about bullets to the head. I told him I was following a trial about a man who was killed and the murderer said he continued to attack her even tho she had shot him in the head. He wanted to know what case it was. I told him and he smiled and said he thought I was talking about a local crime he hadn't heard of. He never heard of the Arias case, but that doesn't surprise me because he is the Head Professor at a major University Hospital and a very busy practicing surgeon on top of it.

There are a lot of people who have never heard of this trial even in AZ. My BF in Scottsdale told me that. She is somewhat surprised but said could understand why the court decided JA could get a fair trial because not everyone has heard of her. There are actually people out there who don't know who the President of the US is. I saw it on a news program. Many don't know who the VP is and the list just gets longer for the people under them. What we find as interesting others tune out. Go figure

I wonder if the people you asked about the Arias case would have known about the Caylee Anthony case (Caylee went "missing" in July 2008). I have also mentioned the Arias case and some folks have no idea...but if I mention Caylee...they know exactly who she is and what happened. I initially followed the 2, but after hearing the wacky ninja story, put JA on hold. Anyway, it wasn't long before Cayee had stolen my heart.
Poor JA. Upstaged again.

Then you definitely DO NOT wanna come to Texas. The weather totally sucks the life right out of you. I'd take snow ANY DAY so long as there is good transportation and I'm dressed for it!

Wish I were. And, yes, they are scorching to me, at least!

When I lived in Chicago I had to walk to the EL with my luggage to get to the airport (about once a week). It was brutal with the windchill (coldest I saw in 3 years was -25) but worse was navigating the sidewalks.

Don't laugh--three blocks. But they feel like three very long blocks.

Why would Jodi manipulate the time stamps to the day of the murder?

I had to step away and just getting back, and I like your question. I would like to try to answer in what I think may have happened.

All JMO
I think those sex photos that were found on his camera were mostly from JA putting them on his camera and were hers that she brought with her from previous dates + times. The main reason I think this is the 1 single photo where she has braids and is naked. Im not good at guessing ages but she sure looked really young in that photo. I think that one may even predate her even knowing Travis. I think she just liked the photo herself and always kept that one.

My theory about the pics is I think JA wanted to make sure his phone had lots of sex photos of the both of them on it. So I think she had brought along a camera memory card that had photos on it OR a flash drive with those pics.

Someone had mentioned Skybot date matching one of the pics dates. So maybe she used a flash drive first to put them on his PC, and then copied them to his camera card via the PC. And by chance the Skybot software updated the date/time or something along those lines.

I think her intent was to NOT have any of the date/times of those sex photos be that particular day. I think she just messed up as she tried to manipulate the date/time stamps on those pics. In fact, I think the detective said most were just thumbnails so maybe as she deleted the pics, the thumbnails never get deleted and are somewhere else on the disc or something along those lines.

But the main thing is the date/time stamps looked "Funny" on some of those pics. Some of them had different "Fonts", so it looked like she had either manipulated them herself or something like Skybot software overrode the date/time.

I think she finally gave up with that idea and just deleted them all, but of course the camera's memory card had certain "trash images" left in the space on the card that was freed up to be written over. Similar to how a PC works where it doesnt actually delete the data but just flags the space as resusable. Which is how she got burned.

Because your original question is right that she did not want the date of the photos to be that day. I think she was trying to make them all be a certain date from a month or so back.

But anyway, Im kind of in a fog on all of it anyway so I could be way off base.
The only thing that I keep thinking for sure is that the 1 sex photo at least was not from that day, and those date/times sure looked funny on some of them. So she was trying to do something. And failed like she usually does. :)

Then you definitely DO NOT wanna come to Texas. The weather totally sucks the life right out of you. I'd take snow ANY DAY so long as there is good transportation and I'm dressed for it!

I was in San Antonio three years ago and liked it. But that was in March. I guess I'm a wuss.

Would love a digital photo expert to weigh in though ^^^ I would love to be proven wrong and she did bring them along ;)

I think that Shadowboy (I think! It was definitely a male poster with audio/video work experience) did a nice analysis proving she didn't bring them along. If you're still interested, maybe dropping him a pm can lead to him bumping up that post.

Am I the only person from the UK here? We get cold, wet and cloudy all year round (or at least up in the North East of England we do). I remember seeing the sun once. It scared us all.

[/B]

I had to say hello to someone who is also stuck in Manisnowba! Why do we live here??? It was -40 when I walked to work this morning. And now I'm about to re-wrap myself (long underwear, fleece pullover, wooly socks, scarf, coat, another scarf, fake fur hat and mitts--all this on top of my regular clothes--it's exhausting) to walk home. I hear that Spring is coming, but that has to be somewhere else!

I used to be a neighbor, kinda. Lived in Grand Forks, so know all about the -30 plus degree thing and plugging in cars and not seeing black pavement or green grass from November through April. Ugh. On the other hand, we used to go to Winnipeg a lot. What a cool city! Certainly from the point of view of those stuck in Grand Forks, "city" with one movie theater, no theaters or live music or anything else cultural, and where the phone book's list of restaurants took up less than a quarter of a page and included Arby's.

On one trip there in the dead of winter, on a sunny day, the wind blowing so hard already fallen snow filled the air as if a blizzard, we saw one of those amazing things I've ever seen...two sundogs, miles apart, shooting straight line rainbows up as far as the eye could see. Awesome.

Have you Manitobans ever seen the northern lights??? On my wish list of things to see......

One thing that seems obvious is she was real worried about that camera and put it in the washer with bleach.

Since Travis said it was a new one for his trip to Cancun, it kind of points to those sex photos getting on there that day. Whether they took them day OR whether she copied them to his camera card OR maybe even just swapped out a camera card, somehow they got on there that particular day.

Because if it was a new camera I dont see how he would have any of her since I think she was in CA up till that day and since he had just bought it recently.

[/B]

CTV showed all the pretty flowers popping up in Vancouver and all their tree blossoms last night on the news. It's coming Becky!!

Am I the only person from the UK here? We get cold, wet and cloudy all year round (or at least up in the North East of England we do). I remember seeing the sun once. It scared us all.
I was lucky enough to visit England once many years ago in the summer. Loved it. But I've never forgotten, it was in the 70's farhenheit and someone actually apologized to us for the "heat wave."

LOL! I saw the sun in London once :) I was walking around wondering why everyone carried umbrellas and then the rain started.

I used to be a neighbor, kinda. Lived in Grand Forks, so know all about the -30 plus degree thing and plugging in cars and not seeing black pavement or green grass from November through April. Ugh. On the other hand, we used to go to Winnipeg a lot. What a cool city! Certainly from the point of view of those stuck in Grand Forks, "city" with one movie theater, no theaters or live music or anything else cultural, and where the phone book's list of restaurants took up less than a quarter of a page and included Arby's.

On one trip there in the dead of winter, on a sunny day, the wind blowing so hard already fallen snow filled the air as if a blizzard, we saw one of those amazing things I've ever seen...two snow dogs, miles apart, shooting straight line rainbows up as far as the eye could see. Awesome.

Have you Manitobans ever seen the northern lights??? On my wish list of things to see......

Neat. Whats a "snow dog"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member