VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't JA's 18 page letter to the Alexanders include that she was sorry for running away and leaving Travis alone with the ninjas?

IIRC, she was also sorry for not looking when she backed out of the driveway.

I wonder what it was in the sandwich baggie that JW showed to Flores & Juan this morning?

From Hayden:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 9m9 minutes ago

The #jodiarias verdict when it happens can be seen live by everyone, everywhere here:

http://YouTube.com/fox10phoenix

I will tweet 1 hour warning.

Wow, what a ride this trial has been. Thankfully it is almost over. Jodi's decline started today,the moment Nurmi closed, and I can only imagine what is going on in her head. This is probably the last day she will ever wear "street clothing", the next time she goes for a car ride it will be to prison where she will remain until she dies. No more friend sessions with Maria. No more attention. No more manipulations, tantrums and no more opportunity to trash Travis to his family and to all other trial watcher. Her fan club will be dispersed and she will be forgotten. That all has to be very sobering to Jodi. Thank all of you for your insights and posts and opinions through the duration of it all.

Didn't JA's 18 page letter to the Alexanders include that she was sorry for running away and leaving Travis alone with the ninjas?

Can't imagine why Nurmi didn't remind the jury of that apology. (That IS snark).

They didn't want to be subject to cross-examination by the Prosecution. If they had testified, they'd have faced harsh questioning from JM. :moo:
I also think it has to do with the claim that they were fearful to testify.. adding to their hope of an appeal.. Although their smiles ruined that claim and they werent fearful to show up to court.
So who knows? Will we ever get the truth anyways?

The only think the convicted felon is sorry for is being caught. period

I made a Jodi pin cushion (voodoo doll) during the last trial. She's neked and has brown braids like JA did that last day and I have a fresh box of pins. Please place your pin placement orders below. I've already got the migraine covered :)

I'll take one of her soulless eyes. I'll leave the other for someone else :)

The only think the convicted felon is sorry for is being caught. period

Yep I believe when she says I wish I could do that day all over again, she just wishes she would have taken the camera with her.

I agree with you Ziggy. The way Nurmi kept hammering that each person would decide, made me think he was attempting to sway the one juror he needed to hang the jury. I'd like to think that it would be a unanimous DP or LWOP, but the chance does exist that one person could vote LWPP.

The chance exists that more than one person could vote Life. After all, fully one-third of the first jury did.

ETA: Did the first jury know about the 18 page letter to TA's family? Because I think as awful as that letter is, it might sway some to vote DP.

Is it me or did CMJA go out of her way to never utter the 2 words I'M SORRY? :thinking:

Not you; absolutely not you.

The killer is remarkably consistent on this point since the guilt phase.

While they've hinted at "snapped" and "insanity" defenses, she's never yet backed down on self-defense.

To bolster that claim, she's had to concoct domestic abuse/violence lies using vague post facto journal references and omissions. She's also alluded to pretend memories from would-be super secret witnesses who won't testilie in person. Some won't even go on record via affidavit.

Seriously now, "I'm sorry" just doesn't fit an abusive pedophile who had it coming, does it? Especially when he left her no choice. The way she prevaricates it, it was either Travis or Jodi, but one of them wasn't going to emerge from that bathroom alive.

She is the epitome of evil, and she will do it again -- "and you can mark my words on that one."

Anyone know how to start a poll?

We need 2 (IMO)
1) Date & time for verdict reached - given work schedule 9:30 - 4:30 M-Th
2) DP or Life or No Unanimous Verdict

Other suggestions?

Make sure to put ending dates on the poll. I made the mistake not to do that in the Jaycee Dugard case, and my poll still comes up!

The chance exists that more than one person could vote Life. After all, fully one-third of the first jury did.

I think this jury is more apt to give her death than the first one. Mainly because they were not subject to her endless talking and shenanigans. They also did not see her even stand up for herself.

I think this is going to be easier for this jury than the first.

I thought Donovan was a female?
Donovan is a pretty butch looking female. Which does not make someone a bad person.

Supporting lying, especially cruel, premeditated murderers is what makes someone a bad person.
[emoji57]

Remember the other theme today was that everybody lies for Travis.

Thanks Ziggy can't believe I forgot that one. All the people lying for him must have put me in a fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper