GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents then had the order rescinded I am assuming once he sobered up.
I honestly think people are giving this guy to much credit, with all my heart I am hoping he was blind drunk and killed her in a rage then tried to dispose of the body.

I'm having a hard time believing that he was blind drunk. He remembered having sex with her and the fact that she was acting weird, but he didn't remember sawing her body into pieces in the bathroom, then driving to Seattle to dispose of the body, then driving downtown to catch a bus/ride. I feel like the sex would be a lot less memorable than the rest of the night. But I do think that it probably happened in a rage and wasn't premeditated.

Ah. I must have missed the posts where people were considering him a loser for potentially not having a car. I thought the question of whether or not he had a car had more to do with understanding the transportation situation for the night of the murder.

Well even if he didn't have a car if he had good friends wouldn't they have loaned him a car to take his date? These days many people take Uber or Lyft if they are going to be drinking. If I met a man who said he didn't have a car first thing that would come to my mind would be DUI. I wonder if he has friends or is a loner. His roommates seemed to not know him very well.

It's not necessarily true she would t have time to date at all as a nurse and single mom. If her ex had some type of shared care, she may have also worked 3 twelve hour shifts a week.

I was a single working no of 2 until I was 35 I had no trouble finding time to date or meeting men. She was attractive.

Oh yeah, not only was she busy with her kids, she was a nurse now that I think about it. She likely barely had time to eat breakfast, let alone spend more than a couple of afternoons with a guy. Even with her seemingly very helpful ex in the picture (he seems pretty busy professionally, too). And I agree about the not really "dating" thing, too. Every single person I know is really skittish about labeling something remotely new. They're "talking to someone" for like two months minimum before they're "dating someone". "Going on dates" and "dating someone" are very separate terms, it seems. In fact most of the girls I know call it "hanging out" and not a "date". In this sort of landscape, introducing the kids to someone must be like proposing or something. (Idk, this ish seems complicated....)

FWIW I know absolutely nothing about dating (married to first BF), this is JMO based on what I've observed.

BTW so glad there's the ex, the little girls can be somewhere safe and familiar!

She wasn't dismembered.

Kyle Parker who assaulted, killed, and dismembered 14 month old Shaylyn in Indiana last month is another that comes to mind for that 'list' of sorts. (Way more I'm leaving out but linking her thread if you're interested)

Another, I mean as far as KP fitting the 'list' of suspects who from other cases where looking at them most people would assume it would have been someone who had killed prior due to the particularly horrific things they did to their victims in what (in most cases so far, has ended up truly proving to be their first murder, at least...not first crime period)

Ah. I must have missed the posts where people were considering him a loser for potentially not having a car. I thought the question of whether or not he had a car had more to do with understanding the transportation situation for the night of the murder.

I think it was people trying to figure out why NG was calling him a "dream guy" or "dream man," whatever she said. That stereotype conjures images of a guy who probably has wheels and a job and some level of success. This guy had none of that.

I don't think people here are victim-bashing as someone suggested. I think everyone knows she just met this guy recently and he was likely painting an inaccurate picture of himself. Like one that didn't include his criminal record. She was just going on a date with him, not marrying him. He surely seemed like a nice, attractive guy. I don't think anyone is questioning her taste or wisdom. This could have happened to anyone.

Right but it also doesn't make him an automatic loser to not have a car. It wouldn't be easy to navigate every aspect of life without one but it could be done. Living in the Renton area, I wouldn't automatically say a man that I was attracted to was a loser because he didn't have a car.

If I were still living in the Midwest where there was zero public transit and dating, maybe that would be a red flag. Not necessarily HERE in this area.

I'm sorry it would speak loser to me if a man that age didn't have a car.

Yup. I think he's being given too much credit, with the insinuations that he's an evil serial killer. I think he's more of a woe-is-me, tantrum throwing man-child.

Yeah, he seems like such a loser and not an intelligent, clever, diabolical, mischievous Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, or Gary Ridgeway type. I think this was his first murder.

We will find out soon if he had an underlying personality disorder or mental illness, which he tried to cope with using alcohol. And if extreme alcohol use on the night of the date caused inner demons and rage to rise up. I wonder if John was diagnosed with something years prior. His FB friends have been asking for years about his health, so something was up.

Well even if he didn't have a car if he had good friends wouldn't they have loaned him a car to take his date? These days many people take Uber or Lyft if they are going to be drinking. If I met a man who said he didn't have a car first thing that would come to my mind would be DUI. I wonder if he has friends or is a loner. His roommates seemed to not know him very well.

If he didn't have a car, he might just have gotten used to taking public transportation around, instead of bothering with borrowing a car every time he wanted to go into the city. As theyamqueen said, public transportation in the general area is workable, even if it's not so great in West Lake Stevens specifically. It's also possible he took an Uber, but I don't get the sense that he's rolling in cash. The tickets to the Mariners opening game probably weren't super cheap, either. I'd be surprised if a guy who lives in a drug den with a bunch of roommates who don't know much about him would have that sort of extra money laying around.

If he didn't have a car, he might just have gotten used to taking public transportation around, instead of bothering with borrowing a car every time he wanted to go into the city. As theyamqueen said, public transportation in the general area is workable, even if it's not so great in West Lake Stevens specifically. It's also possible he took an Uber, but I don't get the sense that he's rolling in cash. The tickets to the Mariners opening game probably weren't super cheap, either. I'd be surprised if a guy who lives in a drug den with a bunch of roommates who don't know much about him would have that sort of extra money laying around.

If a man wanted to date me bad enough then he could rent a car for our date.

I think it was people trying to figure out why NG was calling him a "dream guy" or "dream man," whatever she said. That stereotype conjures images of a guy who probably has wheels and a job and some level of success. This guy had none of that.

I don't think people here are victim-bashing as someone suggested. I think everyone knows she just met this guy recently and he was likely painting an inaccurate picture of himself. Like one that didn't include his criminal record. She was just going on a date with him, not marrying him. He surely seemed like a nice, attractive guy. I don't think anyone is questioning her taste or wisdom. This could have happened to anyone.

Yeah, I haven't seen any victim bashing at all. I think everyone here is just as horrified and heartbroken for this woman and her family. :(

As far as the dream man/dream guy thing, LOL, Nancy Grace. Maybe he depicted himself that way to her, but that certainly wasn't the reality.

Yeah he could just be really stupid. He would have to be to think he wouldn't be caught immediately.

I think she certainly could have willingly let him come back to her house after a night out. For a divorced mom to have a dating life (or the intimacy that goes along with it) things do sometimes have to happen the night before the kids come back. Even if it isn't logistically perfect and the guy has to leave at 7 AM, etc.

I believe the media reports have stated that her ex-husband showed up at her house with the kids around 10am. That's plenty of time to spend the night with someone and have them out the door the next morning - it wouldn't even have to be that early the next morning.

BBM

Exactly. This recent conversation about the car is NOT about judging anyone as much as it is laughing at good ol' Nancy Grace.

The case is serious and dark...a few light moments are appreciated.

jmo

Why is Nancy Grace calling this killer a " Dream man " ? he had no job no car and a long criminal record ?
Because she's a sensationalistic media-*advertiser censored*! [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling this woman might have had a little question in the back of her mind about this guy if she knew he was unemployed (IMO most people who are unemployed write self-employed on social media unless they are a stay-at-home parent), didn't have a car and lived with a bunch of guys at age 37. I have a feeling that she didn't know all of these things or that he explained them in a way that didn't make him look like he didn't have his life together. But maybe she was seeing other markers of character that seemed to be pointing in the right direction. Who knows.

According to the probable cause report (link can be found in this news article), the Medical Examiner's report revealed that the bags contained a head, arm with hand, and a lower leg and foot. The head showed no signs of decomposition. The fact that it says "no sign of decomposition" leads me to believe that she was killed no more than 6-12 hours before she was discovered. If the resident discovered the bags around 4 pm, that would mean sometime after 4 am.

Didn't Ingrid's neighbor say he saw her car pull up at midnight, and then leave again at 4:00 am? Sounds like he would he be able to kill her, saw her up (sorry for that graphic), and then clean up within that time.

I've followed a lot of cases on here over the last few years and this one has stunned me beyond belief.

I believe the media reports have stated that her ex-husband showed up at her house with the kids around 10am. That's plenty of time to spend the night with someone and have them out the door the next morning - it wouldn't even have to be that early the next morning.

Yuck she would have had to drive him.

He must have known the LE would be right on him, with cell records, etc. I mean, even the mother zeroed in on him immediately. So, what was the point of the dismemberment? Why not hide a full body in the deep woods? Some have dismembered to hide idenifcation of the victim (finger prints, dental work) but, there was only one hand in the recycling bin. So weird. If it was just a thrill for him, than, why the amnesia now? Why not tell where the rest of the body is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers