WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of a drive is it from Yakima to McCleary? If any of the locals have driven it and know what kind of an area it is to drive through ( empty, wooded, houses, you name it) from one city to another, could I get a detailed account of the drive? TIA

Jennifer - It really sounds like your area is very well covered!!!!! Also, from the pics I've seen - very beautiful!

O/T - {{{{{{Congrats on your Son's Homecoming!!!!! }}}}}}} I am so happy and excited for you!!!!

You wouldn't know our area was well covered with all the SO's and drug problems. :(

Thank you. I'm really excited for my son to come home. It's been a long year. :)

What kind of a drive is it from Yakima to McCleary? If any of the locals have driven it and know what kind of an area it is to drive through ( empty, wooded, houses, you name it) from one city to another, could I get a detailed account of the drive? TIA

I've been through that way quite a few years ago. Yakima is kind of a barren place, but not long after you leave there, it is pretty and wooded. I have a friend from Yakima and they don't have anything nice to say about the place, but I didn't ask for details on why.

I will be @ the Rain Country Restaurant by 8:30 - I'll have a black backpack & small+ black laptop w/me.

Anyone is welcome to introduce themselves.

About a four hour drive (depending on the Pass conditions).

From McCleary to the White Pass you go down Interstate 5 through some cities, mostly farm/dairy land, once over the Cascade Mountains you hit lots and lots of farm land. Yakima is at the foot of the Cascade Mountains. It's a pretty easy drive if the passes aren't covered in snow (but even then an experienced driver with the right tires/chains can make the trip just fine)

Oh, I so know how you feel. I posted a rant a week or so ago about how a person just doesn't disappear. The same thing happened to Britanee Drexel and her case is driving me crazy also. Here one minute and then, poof, gone. Without a trace.

I was going over the events of the night she disappeared when I should have been sleeping last night and something occurred to me. The theory goes hand in hand with Cyber's theory of it being an LE officer, someone who might be right in front of us, someone who doesn't draw attention to themselves normally. Someone who is not the ugliest *advertiser censored* in town.

It has ALWAYS bothered me that the name of the two people who claim to have seen her while she was walking home that night have not been named publically. Who are they? And why don't we know who they are?

But what I considered last night is the idea that someone who witnessed the argument between L and J about the bike and saw the kids leave it BEHIND the Shell station, could have waited for one of the kids to come back to retrieve the bike. Someone could have waited there where there are no cameras without being seen.

I have a very strong feeling that Lindsay's intention was to take the bike back home that night. She was responsible for it and I'm sure her mom wouldn't have been too happy to hear that she left it behind the station overnight. I know I wouldn't have been happy if one of my kids just abandoned a bike somewhere if it could have been pushed home.

More and more I'm beginning to think it is the person you would least expect. We know that it happens. Just think about Sandra Cantu.

I posted a while back - thinking along the same lines as you - that mayhaps someone witnessed the bike being left or attempting to be retrieved - wondering if anyone knew if the Shell Station was open that night, (and I apologize - I'm new and don't yet know how to "bump up" a post :eek: (but I'll learn, I promise!) ) - and if it was possible that someone there witnessed the bike being taken back there and/or Lindsay going back there and not returning. I was also curious about one of the 2 camera's that is not working, and why it's not working (intentional or random mechanical breakdown) and how long it's been inoperable.

If no-one knows the hours - I'll put on my "researcher cap" tomorry and call and get the hours. I think I've got to get a refill on my antibiotics (ouch) - but do have my voice back (much to my hubbys dismay! :) )

Leaving McCleary you would be in the urban sprawl that is Seattle. You would take I-90 over Snoqualmie pass or you could take 12 around Ranier. Both of those routes would take your through heavily wooded areas. Once you clear the pass and enter Eastern Wa the terrain changes to a dry, semi barren areas. Lots of dust and very few evergreens (as compared to the west side of the mtns). It is a 3-4 hour drive. Yakima is a hell hole in my opinion, no offense to anyone, but I would not want to live there.

we need a Murt~Mobile at the vigil!!! what time is it again? don't know if i can stay up for the updates.

thanks to the locals for posting pics! it sure does help to be able to actually see what it's like there.

I got a couple of pictures of the pool today. Kind of a run down area right there, says it's under construction. Lots of brush, hiding places. The pool is visible from every street around it. I also included a map of it's location. This is the pool that was pointed out to me by KK.

http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/cyberswept/

Great pictures cyberswept! Such a quaint, old town and so many places a child could disappear in. Seems to me someone would have to know the layout of this town, what can be seen from where, to grab or entice a child. mho

I sent an email to the guy that has been leaving the cryptic posts...we'll see if it bounces back or what. Content is below, I was intentionally desrespectful and cryptic myself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you know about Lindsey? More than you are saying or a lot less than you are saying? Are you someone that is trying to confuse everyone on the web, are you just off your meds, do you think it's funny to try to hurt her family through your messages? Or are you someone that knows more than you can safely say, info that is so important it can only be given through code.

Your response, or lack of one, will be at least part of the answer that I so desperately seek...

{{{{{{{NMK........You Rock!!!!!}}}}}}}}}.......Your input is invaluable!!!!!!! :bowdown:

we need a Murt~Mobile at the vigil!!! what time is it again? don't know if i can stay up for the updates.

thanks to the locals for posting pics! it sure does help to be able to actually see what it's like there.

quoting myself...

nevermind...i see it's at 9:00

that's 12:00 my time. i'm gonna try to stay awake! now i need to catch up on some things!

A few years ago there was an article in the paper (I don't remember if it was local or not) about a mom who faked her daughter having cancer (went as far as shaving her head) and had collection jars out at the stores and people had fund raisers to help with expenses. Eventually she was found out and the game ended..

In the back of my mind I kind of wish this is what was going on with Lindsey. Mom needed money so she shipped Lindsey off to dads house (or some other family member out of state) and faked her disappearance. Dad came out here (using the "I'm deploying to Iraq" thing to see if that would get them more money or something) to "search" or in this case make it look legit.

Wouldn't that be nice if it were true?

I remember that story very well!!!!! At the time, I remember feeling very very almost indescribably angry towards the mother for exploiting her daughter in that way (because I had just lost my son to a terminal illness) - in this case tho - if it were suddenly announced that this was the case with Lindsey - that she was fine and her mum needed the bucks - of course - I'd still be outraged - however - I'd be soooooo relieved that Lindsey (who we've all come to love by now) was ok, that I think my anger would be tempered by relief. Of course - I'd not "rest" until I made sure all the funds raised went to Lindsey's College Fund and/or benefitted her directly.

I got a couple of pictures of the pool today. Kind of a run down area right there, says it's under construction. Lots of brush, hiding places. The pool is visible from every street around it. I also included a map of it's location. This is the pool that was pointed out to me by KK.

http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/cyberswept/

Can someone tell me if the "pool house" is 215 Main? If not, does anyone know the street number?? thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
:)

It seems that I recall here that one of the locals live near Elma and found a black shoe on their property, right near the river in back of their property. If this is accurate, I hope that shoe was taken to LE because possible relatives of the recently reported "Smiley" SO have a large dairy and live right in that specific area.

Smiley report - http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51352512.html

Printscreen on google map of location of dairy which I am sure is extremely close to where that shoe was discovered. I simply cannot recall the local who reported that to us here at WS

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4413&stc=1&d=1248490105

Apparently the Smiley family has a number of relations in Ema, possibly McCleary, and elsewhere so this is not a finger pointing to the owners of the dairy, simply a suggestion that some relative may have a good understanding of the location, visits the dairy, and knows the area well.

Attachments

• smiley dairy.jpg
    smiley dairy.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 7
. . . . that we know of. I think LE knows plenty or they would have been more vocal to the public. They are watching to where one would hardly notice they are around. Zoning in for what will put that last little piece in the puzzle.

Having an excellent idea about what went down and who is involved and who knows what is one thing. Proving it to the point of an arrest and inditement are totally different. I wish them God's grace in the job they have at hand. xox

Amen, Scandi!!!!!

It seems that I recall here that one of the locals live near Elma and found a black shoe on their property, right near the river in back of their property. If this is accurate, I hope that shoe was taken to LE because possible relatives of the recently reported "Smiley" SO have a large dairy and live right in that specific area.

Smiley report - http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51352512.html

Printscreen on google map of location of dairy which I am sure is extremely close to where that shoe was discovered. I simply cannot recall the local who reported that to us here at WS

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4413&stc=1&d=1248490105

That was me NC, but I don't live near Elma - I'm an hour or so (maybe hour and a half) away. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro