Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting this error message for the past 24 hours. While reading and/or posting a reply, the page will reload automatically and give me this error message. Even happened while typing this. This happened at the very beginning of the change over to new platform but hadn’t done so again until yesterday.

EA31C0FA-448A-4E80-9468-600D5F8B97C7.png FE340FD7-47B5-4DF4-AF6C-FB50BA43D95E.png

6:52 am

“This site can’t be reached

www.websleuths.com is currently unreachable.
ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED”

(On both Chrome and Safari)
I just now had a "website refused to connect" error. That's new. It's usually a timed-out error. Roughly 7:55 central time.

It was the first issue I've had this morning & I've probably been on for an hour. I did notice that the # of bots has been consistently under 100 all morning. Raised to 103 just prior to a brief slow-down and the refusal to connect error. Now the connection is back and bots are well under 100 again. Unknown if it's relevant but thought it would be worth mentioning.

ETA: just saw Dave's rebooting update while typing this post.

Thanks for all you guys do. I used to work in IT, and frankly, I found it to be a thankless job.

I can only imagine Marg!! I'm following the Mollie Tibbetts case, you know how it goes when you are obsessively checking for case updates.
I came here wanting to complain and whine, but after reading Dave's responses I understand his dilemma.

Good thing I'm not in charge of timeout's. Whiny + Rude = 2 weeks!!!! :D

But why does it only happen on this site if it’s a problem with multiple users browsers?

Sorry to have to report that I use Safari and in old WS had very frequent notices about error page is being reloaded.
New WS was totally free of that problem. Now it is back.
Nothing was changed in my Safari on IPad. Yesterday was the start of this problem for me.

J
Sorry to have to report that I use Safari and in old WS had very frequent notices about error page is being reloaded.
New WS was totally free of that problem. Now it is back.
Nothing was changed in my Safari on IPad. Yesterday was the start of this problem for me.

Complete reset (boot) and its good again. Thanks to whoever or whatever for the fix.

PS not complaining, just reporting for troubleshooting purposes :). )

6:55 pm, trouble loading, posting, editing (nothing was happenening). So I refreshed the page and got a blank, dark grey screen on chrome (this has been happeneses before wth a partially loaded page and half dark screen). So I came back to safari which is working. When I encounter a problem with the site, I automatically close it and try on another browser. Sometimes that’s helpful. (Except then I have to find where I was and remember what I was saying haha)

(ETA: What WAS I saying anyway, I can’t remember now lol, oh yeah was just going to note a similarity between Baby Levi and Little Jacob’s cases I just thought about.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member