WHAT Has Been Said & By WHOM... That Baffles You? (aka Oh No They Didn't!)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just cannot get over Casey's "doing her own investigation" lie. I bet she wishes she had never told that lie. So much of the evidence is going to disprove that and make her out to the biggest, worst liar of them all, and all because she swore she was doing her own investigation.

That has to be the dumbest thing she's ever said this whole entire case.

Boy! We could fill another thread with "dumb" things ICA has said!!!

Honestly I don't think they need her or GA to be credible. When she lies and changes her story about it being Pizza just shows that she told the truth but when she saw it was going to hurt her daughter she changed her story. What parent wants to believe their child could do this? Makes sense to me and I am sure it would make sense to a jury. The A's actions have shown they love Caylee and they are torn between the truth and saving KC.

I have a daughter. I love her with everything. I can not imagine having to make a statement that would send her to death row. EVEN if she killed my grand child. Part of me would blame myself and my parenting. I would struggle. Telling myself that even if I tell the truth it is not going to bring her back. I would convince myself that if I get her off, I could get her the help she needs. Not saying that it is right, just saying...I understand. As a mother, it would take a lot for me to give up on my child. It would take even more for me to be the one that ultimately puts the needle in her arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was just sort of hopping all over the threads 2nite and happened upon your post.
I also have a daughter that I love with all of my heart.
I don't have any grandchildren...yet.
However, for the very first time I feel I have come to some understanding of Cindy's situation.

For me, you've shared exactly how I would expect I would feel too.
I thank you very much for that.
The only thing I would add is that I know for certain I would need immediate hospitalization in a mental facility and very strong meds. If I was able to move on I'd feel the very same way you described.

I have struggled so much with trying to understand Cindy's conduct, and your post helped me tremendously.
Many thanks again.
All of the above is OT.
So I'll sit here and try to think of the many somethings baffling someone said in this horrid case...in an attempt to follow the board rules and not get sanctioned.

I've only gotten to this post in the thread so please excuse me if this has been mentioned...I think one that stands out in my mind right now is what ICA said and did in the infamous "fisties" tape taken at the jail with ICA, Cindy and George.

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2008/11/08/george-anthony-interview-on-july-24-2008/
Everything, every single thing George Anthony divulged in this rare moment of clarity just levels me to the floor. It is a cautionary tale, Children learn what they live!!!

http://www.empowermentresources.com/info2/childrenlearn-long_version.html

Children Learn What They Live
By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D.

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

_______
Judging by the broken moral compass upbringing George describes and the litany of things the parents should have recognized that Casey needed help, counseling, urgently and yet they just ignored it and pushed it under the rug...it baffles me. What more would a parent need to see that their child needs professional mental help? WTH? It is that guilt that has them so misguided now, imo. Casey has likely needed help for many, many years. The fact that she told her friend once that she was going to go check herself into a mental hospital, then Cindy talked her out of it.....is beyond shocking to me. So many missed opportunities. The sun would not have set on the day if I had a teenager saying that, without me on the phone making appointments.

"they haven't even found her clothes yet"
"she's right in front of their faces... but they're looking for her in the wrong places"

as told by KC to jail house friends and workers

One thing that has always stuck in my mind was, during a jail visit, Casey told her parents, I wonder what she was talking about?:waitasec: After all this time has gone by, I'm beginning to think she was telling them simply to not worry that she hasn't admitted to them anything. I now think that THEY are the ones that made sure that she does not admit anything, or give in to them pressuring her for the truth. And that they HAVE known from the very beginning that Caylee was dead and that Casey killed her. I could bet money that Casey has threatened them many times, that she will harm or kill the little girl. Or, that they will NEVER see Caylee again. I don't think that they accually thought that Casey would ever do such a thing. But that one statement that Casey made to her parents early on, stuck me as very odd.:lipssealed:

Another statement Casey made to her parents (I can't find where it was first stated though) when the subject of the shovel came up and Casey said "they've got the time line all wrong" who would say such a thing at such a time. I believe LP and/or the person paid to stay with her at all times, were present too. I believe Cindy hushed her up at that point, it sounded like she was gloating over the fact that she knew and LE didn't. Not the reaction of a mother who's child is missing, shouldn't she want to help LE as much as possible? shouldn't Cindy have gone to LE with the info? after all it was her granddaughter.

Honestly I don't think they need her or GA to be credible. When she lies and changes her story about it being Pizza just shows that she told the truth but when she saw it was going to hurt her daughter she changed her story. What parent wants to believe their child could do this? Makes sense to me and I am sure it would make sense to a jury. The A's actions have shown they love Caylee and they are torn between the truth and saving KC.

I have a daughter. I love her with everything. I can not imagine having to make a statement that would send her to death row. EVEN if she killed my grand child. Part of me would blame myself and my parenting. I would struggle. Telling myself that even if I tell the truth it is not going to bring her back. I would convince myself that if I get her off, I could get her the help she needs. Not saying that it is right, just saying...I understand. As a mother, it would take a lot for me to give up on my child. It would take even more for me to be the one that ultimately puts the needle in her arm.

I couldn't disagree more. The Anthonys love is for themselves and their image. Cindy may have loved Caylee before, but to say she does now is just absurd. I don't think anyone would want their kid to get the death penalty - but Cindy has gone beyond supporting Casey and has lied, made false accusations, tried to ruin peoples' lives, and obstructed justice. You don't get to do those things and then hide behind loving your daughter. (Not saying you would support that). I don't see what she is doing as having anything to do with love, just control.

I was just sort of hopping all over the threads 2nite and happened upon your post.
I also have a daughter that I love with all of my heart.
I don't have any grandchildren...yet.
However, for the very first time I feel I have come to some understanding of Cindy's situation.

For me, you've shared exactly how I would expect I would feel too.
I thank you very much for that.
The only thing I would add is that I know for certain I would need immediate hospitalization in a mental facility and very strong meds. If I was able to move on I'd feel the very same way you described.

I have struggled so much with trying to understand Cindy's conduct, and your post helped me tremendously.
Many thanks again.
All of the above is OT.
So I'll sit here and try to think of the many somethings baffling someone said in this horrid case...in an attempt to follow the board rules and not get sanctioned.

I've only gotten to this post in the thread so please excuse me if this has been mentioned...I think one that stands out in my mind right now is what ICA said and did in the infamous "fisties" tape taken at the jail with ICA, Cindy and George.

I Understand, you understanding, I think. I have a son. He is the light of my life. If I EVER EVER thought he had harmed one of my grandchildren, I would be the first to turn him in. I'm not saying you are wrong but I don't think I am wrong either. :)

I couldn't disagree more. The Anthonys love is for themselves and their image. Cindy may have loved Caylee before, but to say she does now is just absurd. I don't think anyone would want their kid to get the death penalty - but Cindy has gone beyond supporting Casey and has lied, made false accusations, tried to ruin peoples' lives, and obstructed justice. You don't get to do those things and then hide behind loving your daughter. (Not saying you would support that). I don't see what she is doing as having anything to do with love, just control.

Thanks just isn't enough!! :great:

Plus if you do not admit your daughter was responsible for the crime you are never going to get her help even if you were able to get her freed. Because CA refuses to believe KC had anything to do with the crime fits into her "perfect image" issues. CA said something to the affect of: "KC could not have done this because I would never do it. We are alike." This is about pride in the most negative form. Not at all productive but opposite and destroying everything and everyone it her path. I agree it is not about love at all.

Perfect example. It's a very small issue but shows how CA tries to control and shows her contempt. CA knows she is not suppose to chew gum in the courtroom. Has been told numerous times but she still continues to do it. Still chomps away in defiance of the rules of the court. It shows arrogance on her part and how she completely disregards rules. Rules are ment for everyone else except the A's. Obviously they have their own set and CA is the keeper of the logs.

Everytime I start to feel sorry for CA something surfaces to completely change my mind. CA does not want anyone's sympathy, she just wants you to look the other way. If KC were freed today CA would be on her back to replace Caylee in the blink of an eye. CA said herself. She doesn't want KC, she wants Caylee back. CA is doing nothing to change herself so nothing would ever change, ever. jmo

Another statement Casey made to her parents (I can't find where it was first stated though) when the subject of the shovel came up and Casey said "they've got the time line all wrong" who would say such a thing at such a time. I believe LP and/or the person paid to stay with her at all times, were present too. I believe Cindy hushed her up at that point, it sounded like she was gloating over the fact that she knew and LE didn't. Not the reaction of a mother who's child is missing, shouldn't she want to help LE as much as possible? shouldn't Cindy have gone to LE with the info? after all it was her granddaughter.

BBM

Tracy talks about the shovel and the time line at about the 7:26 mark in this video:

Interview with Tracy McLaughlin Part 1/8
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eOxn7dgncE&feature=related[/ame]

I do not have children of my own, I can only go off of what my mom has told me about my older sister who is the mother to my mothers two granddaughters.

My mom loves all her children (three girls), but she LOVES her granddaughters. I have heard this so many times from grandparents... that their love for the grandchildren is a different kind of love than they have for their children. They can't explain it, and I won't try to explain it for them. All I know, and I KNOW, is that if my sister ever harmed a hair on the head of either of my nieces, my mom would disown her. She has told us all, while growing up, if we get arrested, do NOT call her. She will not bail us out. If we EVER did anything like what Casey Anthony has done, she will not support us, she will not visit us, she will not send us money, letters... she could never forgive us.

And I BELIEVE her!

Plus if you do not admit your daughter was responsible for the crime you are never going to get her help even if you were able to get her freed. Because CA refuses to believe KC had anything to do with the crime fits into her "perfect image" issues. CA said something to the affect of: "KC could not have done this because I would never do it. We are alike." This is about pride in the most negative form. Not at all productive but opposite and destroying everything and everyone it her path. I agree it is not about love at all.

Perfect example. It's a very small issue but shows how CA tries to control and shows her contempt. CA knows she is not suppose to chew gum in the courtroom. Has been told numerous times but she still continues to do it. Still chomps away in defiance of the rules of the court. It shows arrogance on her part and how she completely disregards rules. Rules are ment for everyone else except the A's. Obviously they have their own set and CA is the keeper of the logs.

Everytime I start to feel sorry for CA something surfaces to completely change my mind. CA does not want anyone's sympathy, she just wants you to look the other way. If KC were freed today CA would be on her back to replace Caylee in the blink of an eye. CA said herself. She doesn't want KC, she wants Caylee back. CA is doing nothing to change herself so nothing would ever change, ever. jmo

ITA. That is the whole problem. CA doesn't want to get help for Casey, CA just wants things back to the way they were and not acknowledge in any way that Casey has any problems whatsoever. A truly responsible mother would love her child and want that child to get help. CA just wants her perfect family fantasy back at any cost.

And, if this were to come to pass, that Casey were to get out of this, and have another child, Cindy WOULD take that child, and do it in a NY minute flat.
Cindy's mind would automatically go to the dark side of "what-ifs", and she wouldn't hesitate to pull out all the stops and dark skeletons from Casey's closet to use that info against her to get that new child.

And, you can be assured that while Cindy would have custody of said replacement child, that she would make sure that Casey held a job and provided child support, even if it meant no more than $25 a week.
She would demand that leverage to hold over Casey's head, and maintain her vise grip hold over her, once again, IMO.

I can't remember if I have brought this up here or not, or, if someone else has at some point; but this is something that bothers me.

In a jailhouse visit with Casey, George makes veiled comments about some sort of "trouble" perhaps that he once had, and how it was resolved.
He reminds Casey of this, she acknowledges it, and the subject goes no further, and is dropped.

I'd like to know what George was referring to ~

I Understand, you understanding, I think. I have a son. He is the light of my life. If I EVER EVER thought he had harmed one of my grandchildren, I would be the first to turn him in. I'm not saying you are wrong but I don't think I am wrong either. :)

~respectfully bolded by Wysty for clarification~

I don't think you're wrong either:). It's a bit more difficult for me because I'm not a Grandmother yet. Imma hopin' and a prayin' sometime soon though! Also, other members here that aren't Grandparent's may not feel the way I described in my original post.

I hear from every Grandparent that I know that the love you feel toward your Grandchild is extraordinary and indescribable. I'm told that it is a love that you really cannot quite understand until you become a Grandparent.

What would I do though, if I were a Grandparent? I sure hope that I would have the courage to do the right thing and turn her in. The feelings I'd have associated with my decision and the loss of my Grandchild however, would do me in. Maybe someday I'd come back....but I'm thinking catatonic state for quite a while.

Certainly not basking in the sun on a cruise ship. I know that the thread is about what was said that is baffling...but those photos of Cindy on her cruise ship trip are more than baffling to me; those photo's are repulsive. So...a part of me feels just like you do too. :smile:

And, if this were to come to pass, that Casey were to get out of this, and have another child, Cindy WOULD take that child, and do it in a NY minute flat.
Cindy's mind would automatically go to the dark side of "what-ifs", and she wouldn't hesitate to pull out all the stops and dark skeletons from Casey's closet to use that info against her to get that new child.

And, you can be assured that while Cindy would have custody of said replacement child, that she would make sure that Casey held a job and provided child support, even if it meant no more than $25 a week.
She would demand that leverage to hold over Casey's head, and maintain her vise grip hold over her, once again, IMO.

Bold mine :seeya:

Cindy Anthony is not a sympathetic figure, she has many character traits, I find repulsive....... but I just dont see this vice grip situation. It seems to me that Casey was the domineering presence in that house.

Despite abdicating total financial responsibility for her child to her parents (Cindy), she routinely used her mother's bank account as if it were her own. She routinely handed off Caylee at Cindy's office, presumably pretending she was working a late shift. Casey could have waitressed, she could have studied, she could have done alot of things but chose not to. Instead she spent her days downloading copious amounts of cr*p from the internet and had to be constantly scheming about relieving her parents of cash. Can you imagine that existence for more than 2 years, coming in from the imaginery job and talking about imaginery events, imaginery co-workers, imaginery conversations........day in day out. Would seem Cindy and to a lesser extent, George were in a vice grip. Because essentially they both lived Casey's fantasy existence with her. :Bennymonkey:

My problem with Cindy is not that she chooses to stand by her daughter, but the fact that she (& lets not forget George) grandstands her daughter's innocence and in the process she has hurt and magligned many innocent people.

ITA
The Anthony's could have spared their family this DP trial.If they had told the truth ICA would have pled ,IMO.With her family helping her cover,she feels empowered to continue walking down that long hallway,so to speak.
They have done ICA no favors.
It's one thing to believe your child could not commit the crime,and another,to know they did and cover for them.George and Cindy know.:furious:

~respectfully bolded by Wysty for clarification~

I don't think you're wrong either:). It's a bit more difficult for me because I'm not a Grandmother yet. Imma hopin' and a prayin' sometime soon though! Also, other members here that aren't Grandparent's may not feel the way I described in my original post.

I hear from every Grandparent that I know that the love you feel toward your Grandchild is extraordinary and indescribable. I'm told that it is a love that you really cannot quite understand until you become a Grandparent.

What would I do though, if I were a Grandparent? I sure hope that I would have the courage to do the right thing and turn her in. The feelings I'd have associated with my decision and the loss of my Grandchild however, would do me in. Maybe someday I'd come back....but I'm thinking catatonic state for quite a while.

Certainly not basking in the sun on a cruise ship. I know that the thread is about what was said that is baffling...but those photos of Cindy on her cruise ship trip are more than baffling to me; those photo's are repulsive. So...a part of me feels just like you do too. :smile:

Hi Wysteria :seeya:
I lost a a fifteen year old son to suicide,so I have been completely baffled by the A's lack of grieving.
Consider ,while on that cruise,Cindy comes back and says (at a hearing under oath) that she still believes Caylee is alive!
My family tried to escape with trips at times,for our other children,but I simply cannot imagine going on a cruise if I thought someone had kidnapped my grandaughter and STILL HAD HER!!!:banghead:
Baffling AND repulsive :sick:

<<<<<<snipped for purpose>>>>>>

CALLER: Yes. This is Peggy in Florida. This all goes to who Casey is as a person and as a mother. It goes to her motive. They need to let anything in from the time the last person saw her on father`s day. She didn`t show any sense of urgency at all in finding this child. She didn`t show any empathy for anybody.

She lied about the Zanny. She lied about the phone call from Zanny even that day that the people were trying to help her find her daughter. She lied about where she worked at and other people that supposedly used Zanny that didn`t.

She partied the whole time. They`ve got to show that she was not out looking for that child. She was just taking care of herself, beautiful life. That`s what the tattoo said. That`s what she was trying to live.

MITCHELL: Exactly. You sound like you could be one of the prosecutors on this case. Leonard Padilla, if the defense is not successful and all this stuff does come in before the jury, what`s plan b, do you think, for the defense? What can they do to counteract this?

PADILLA: Well, the thing about it is once the judge rules that it`s coming in I think Jose`s going to take a step back, talk to his client, and say look, we`d better cut a deal because if this evidence comes in you`re going to be convicted and then there`s going to be the penalty part of the trial and you could end up dead. So we`d better step back and take -- Jose Baez is not an idiot. I spent a lot of time talking to him --

MITCHELL: He`s a very smart, smart guy and I`ve talked to him many times.

PADILLA: Yes, he is. Yes. He`s not a dummy. He knows exactly where he`s at, but like any good attorney he`s going to push it right to the wall. I think when he sees this stuff coming in he`s going to sit back and say hey, fellas, what do we do now?

What`s plan B? Plan B is let`s see if we can get her off alive and that`s where it`s going to end up at. She`s going to have to --

MITCHELL: Stacey, you`re a Florida prosecutor. Do you buy Leonard`s theory, that there`s going to be some kind of deal?

HONOWITZ: I don`t know, but I can tell you, you know, when Jose does see -- it`s almost like a David and Goliath. If all this evidence comes in, there`s only a certain amount of things you can do as a defense attorney to keep your client from getting convicted.

And now it does become a matter of saving her life. The death penalty`s on the table. I think that`s what you shoot for at the end of the day, saving your client`s life.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...picId=100007219&docId=l:1344245623&isRss=true

I'm not baffled so excuse me if I"m O/T...but I am by the "he's not stupid" statement...I believe, he sure has acted the fool...:maddening:

ICA told TonyL when she was first arrest for neglect/lying to authorities. She tells TonyL, if they never find Caylee guess who spends an eternity in jail. Seems she counted on Caylee's remains not ever being found...since Caylee's remains were found, many, many innocent folk have come under fire from the defense who claim they should be considered suspects. This has fallen flat, even as this team claims 15-20 people who searched can say the body was not there when they searched. Have been deposed and none say what CMason claims...all claim under water....

It appears (on OS blog) that this theory of ICA wanting to plead guilty to one of the lesser included charges to avoid the possibility of getting sentenced to death. Many feel it's being put out there to get a handle on the reaction of the public...

If Baez takes that step and wants to deal with the SAO, I believe the State will not accept anything less than LWOP, along with full disclosure of what happened to Caylee, straight out of ICA's own mouth, he cannot do this for her...I do believe this would be her best defense since the evidence is overwhelmingly against her...I would hate for her to be paraded around as a martyr but LWOP would suit her crime fine...JMHO

Does anyone think this could be a possibility and do you think ICA has the truth in her! I believe she might do just that but hurt CA/GA in the process. It would be her last stab in the heart, especially to CA...JMHO

Justice for Caylee is getting closer and I believe this prisoner is really paceing in her cell, growing angrier by the second, after all, she was "promised" an acquittal, a mistrial, or a time served sentence, her defense team stated those words in many, many TV interviews, can she also hold them to that, as in appeals as to promises made but not kept...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Let's say IF, a big IF, Casey were to get out of this, IMO, she would not be hanging around long to have Cindy tell her what to do and how to live..not that Cindy wouldn't try to convince Casey to Live happily ever after together..

But I think Casey would find a way to get her story out, take the money and get away.

:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back