WHAT Has Been Said & By WHOM... That Baffles You? (aka Oh No They Didn't!)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My jaw dropped when LDB repeated outloud in court what Casey had said about being arrested on a ******* whim.

That blew me away.I was like Awww Lawd!.....did she just drop the F bomb?She surely did.

Wait...I missed that! Did LDB say that yesterday? Wow

Oh you know what..I got kicked off line a few times yesterday. I better get to watching the whole thing over again, I actually forgot about that.

:cow:

:great: Idea for a thread. I was just wondering where to place this! And now I will go back and listen to what you posted. Love this!!

If the Media Is the Culprit Of Damage
How does this have anything to do with seating a jury??

JB: I think the...jury selection process and and I think many would agree with me could possibly be the most important aspect of the trial.

We have every intention of attempting and thru our best efforts under the law to seat a jury in this case but if there are of course um, objections that we have that we feel are of merit we have to, we have to of course do them. And I know your honor is aware of that.
The alternative that I think would have to be employed would be possible restrictions and limitations on the, if if the media is the culprit of the damage to us being able to seat a fair and impartial jury I think what the logical choice to do would be to place some types of restrictions on the media because we certainly can’t place restrictions on constitutional rights in any case much less a death penalty case.

HHJBP: We don’t live in Libya.

JB: I understand.

HHJBP: There is a thing called the First Amendment. It is in the Constitution.

JB: That’s not what I was referring to. I think one of the alternatives could be turning off the cameras in the courtroom.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpdkCPvFjhI&feature=autoplay&list=PL5023813A1CC5B6A1&index=7&playnext=8[/ame]
5:40

When JB told JA in a depo that JA should leave the room if he was gong to continue to make faces, laugh, whisper....Oh no he didn't.

baez-sanctions.png

PX00160_911.jpg

PX00242_911.jpg

story.anthony.jpg

4855180354_a71b61ca56.jpg

OMG! ARe you serious? See, I didn't know about that either. I am gonna learn about a lot if stuff I didn't know about. :woot:

Hey doogie, yep he did say that. And thank you for bringing forth this thread. It is amazing how Jose presents his arguments. He certainly is not quick on his feet or has a command of language. In fact, just his voice alone makes me feel as if I'm bored out of my skull. The tone just drags on.

What got to me yesterday was JB telling the judge the media needed to be controlled. I loved how the judge took the approach, as if he were talking to a first grader, to remind JB of a thing called the First Amendment.

To me, it seems Mr. Baez is not familiar with the Constitution of the United States.
jmo

He's not familiar with many things. I was slightly :no: when Baez asked Perry how the jury would ne notified and was told it would be the same way they notify prospective jurors for any case. Guess Baez though THIS case would get special treatment. His usual attitude with feelings of entitlement and 'special consideration'.

Caseys next story of what happened to Caylee might be that she was abducted by aliens then placed in the woods on Suburban.
:abduction: Hey- it makes as much sense as blaming a ficticious nanny or blaming her poor old Dad!

:great: Idea for a thread. I was just wondering where to place this! And now I will go back and listen to what you posted. Love this!!

If the Media Is the Culprit Of Damage
How does this have anything to do with seating a jury??

JB: I think the...jury selection process and and I think many would agree with me could possibly be the most important aspect of the trial.

We have every intention of attempting and thru our best efforts under the law to seat a jury in this case but if they are of course um, objections that we have they we feel are of merit we have to we have to of course do them. And I know your honor is aware of that.
The alternative that I think would have to be employed would be possible restrictions and limitations on the, if if the media is the culprit of the damage to us being able to seat a fair and impartial jury I think what the logical choice to do would be to place some types of restrictions on the media because we certainly can’t place restrictions on constitutional rights in any case much less a death penalty case.

HHJBP: We don’t live in Libya.

JB: I understand.

HHJBP: There is a thing called the First Amendment. It is in the Constitution.

JB: That’s not what I was referring to. I think one of the alternatives could be turning off the cameras in the courtroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpdk...ay&list=PL5023813A1CC5B6A1&index=7&playnext=8
5:40

Above BBM

Is anyone else left dumbfounded by the sentence structure? or is it just me?
I bet HHJP was thinking....WTH did you just try to say??? :ohoh:
But I gotta give it up to HHJP, he seems to be able to decipher JB speak in real time! :applause:

But yes ITA with you...JB complaining about media access surely is "rich irony indeed!" :)

I am still shaking my head over JB in the second Frye hearing (Friday the 8th IIRC), when he told His Honor that the stain in the trunk "could have been (caused by) a banana."

I should add to my post that JB casting aspersions on the media was sooooo wrong in so many ways.
I loved the 48 hours come back by HHJBP. I feel he chose his words wisely.
And that is part of what s so wrong with JB's rant about the media. He pretends to be concerned about finding an impartial jury. Earlier, he seemed to be under the impression that a jury must have no knowledge of this unique case in order to be impartial which made me want to scream then, since he has done nothing since this started unless it was done on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, HLN, CNN etc....
And as we near the trial, yet another CBS special will air tonight. He doesn't want a fair or impartial jury. He wants to be able to try an appeal the lack of one, which I hope the Appellate Court slaps him down with every single media appearance he has so graciously suffered.

Above BBM

Is anyone else left dumbfounded by the sentence structure? or is it just me?
I bet HHJP was thinking....WTH did you just try to say??? :ohoh:
But I gotta give it up to HHJP, he seems to be able to decipher JB speak in real time! :applause:

But yes ITA with you...JB complaining about media access surely is "rich irony indeed!" :)

His syntax is horrendous, his monotone voice sticks like mud...

Yesterday, JB said something to the effect that the 31 days were not part of the case against Casey, IIRC. I'll find it....
Is that how he intends to put to rest the 31 days within the first few seconds of his opening? He said this on his recent TV interview.

When JB told JA in a depo that JA should leave the room if he was gong to continue to make faces, laugh, whisper....Oh no he didn't.

baez-sanctions.png

PX00160_911.jpg

PX00242_911.jpg

story.anthony.jpg

4855180354_a71b61ca56.jpg

Oh my word. I know this is a thread about what has been said but JBs finger seem to be doing some nasty talking in the last picture. :Bennymonkey:

Awesome thread, it not only gives us the chance to vent, but to point out the obvious 'word gymnastics' game playing the defense has been trying to pull. I have so many of these, I'll try and contain myself though and start with one.

When the Anthonys went back on Larry King (and those two LK interviews are jam packed full of goodies for this thread!), Larry asks Cindy why people are mad at her for standing by her daughter. This is when she goes into the blogger rant:

"They don't understand, I don't know, I don't know, they don't understand unconditional love, they don't understand , I don't know if they are, if these people actually have children, you know I don't know who these bloggers are. I get thousands of letters of people that are mothers and grandmothers that support me 100%. They're not bloggers. Bloggers are typically people that wanna find fault with other things cause that's what they do and that's how they spend their life and that's kinda sad. If they would use that energy into something positive like we're trying to do... you know..."

3:20 mark
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWrXiIzSagw&NR=1[/ame]

Thanks to CM, I will never look at "LOL" the same way again... :)

Lots of Luck! (it was bizarre and funny when he stood up and whined about what was being said about him on the internet)

ETA relevancy to this thread: seriously, his client is facing death... what people are saying about him on the internet should be the least of his worries. I have thought this before and still do: when it comes to the craziness that the DT has done and is pulling, they are HELPING the prosecution sign Casey's death warrant.

I couldn't believe JB yesterday when discussing the smiling photo he said, "Ms. Anthony is planning on being here for the trial, the jury doesn't need a picture of her." :waitasec:

Really? Where else would she be? :giggle:

Yesterday, JB said something to the effect that the 31 days were not part of the case against Casey, IIRC. I'll find it....
Is that how he intends to put to rest the 31 days within the first few seconds of his opening? He said this on his recent TV interview.

JB is such an [unusual] person.

Casey made it part of the case by stating she spent those 31 days looking for Caylee. She also said she confided in two imaginary co-workers regarding Caylee's disappearance. She said she would lie, steal, do whatever it took to find Caylee. She didn't think LE would find out exactly what she lied about and what she stole.

I believe it's going to be Casey's own words that the prosecution will use to get the 'party pics' into evidence.

I really liked it when JB said yesterday, while he was objecting to the photo of Casey, in her blue dress, hugging Tony L at the Fusian club, that it "was taken after the crime was over".
IIRC it was taken on June 20,2008 so that tells us pretty closely when Caylee was murdered. Later while he's still arguing he adds 'after the alleged crime was over'. He thinks that improved his statement.....:innocent:

I love this thread!! Lets jump on the Way Back Machine and see if ya'll remember Todd Black and his rant about "Casey kool aid" and the "loss of the life of this little girl" long before Caylee was found!!!:eek:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnck-GixltU[/ame]

I posted this in another thread but it shows Cindy at her finest, not!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf1oC0q-2nQ&feature=related[/ame]

Well..I couldn't believe it when JB told JP of all people he was working for slave wages. I wonder what JP thought of that. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back