Who is Vasco Thompson?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snip: Mark Lippman, the attorney representing the Anthony family, said George Anthony does not know Thompson and has never heard his name.

The Casey Anthony defense team recently sent an investigator to talk to Thompson, but he would not cooperate.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28246219/detail.html

Just a theory: Maybe Casey called Thompson from George's phone but they never spoke so once Caylee was found it would be pinned on him or George. She looked up ZFG name on the internet. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if either Casey called or she left the number laying out somewhere under another name (ZFG?) and GA was calling or CA was calling to see where Casey and Caylee were. Maybe ICA met him at the tattoo parlor...there are endless possibilities. Defense is just grasping at straws, well the couple they have left.

Having a little laugh myself here.....recalling the name of the thread here at WS "What is the defense strategy?". I have always laughed when reading the name of that thread, and it's making me laugh even harder now just thinking of the totality of nonsense that they are using! Can we say thwartcake? :cupcake:

There are so many strange things in this case, and I really think that's why so many people have been following.

Of course the wrong listing in the records couldn't have been a simple old church lady, but, instead, it had to be a convicted felon...of kidnapping no less!

I should just stop being surprised.

HHJP is not going to just let a new witness or new evidence slide in. He will make the DT show how and why it is relevant.

If this is truly a wrong number situation, it will not make it to the jurors knowledge.

Snip: Mark Lippman, the attorney representing the Anthony family, said George Anthony does not know Thompson and has never heard his name.

The Casey Anthony defense team recently sent an investigator to talk to Thompson, but he would not cooperate.

Just a theory: Maybe Casey called Thompson from George's phone but they never spoke so once Caylee was found it would be pinned on him or George. She looked up ZFG name on the internet. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if either Casey called or she left the number laying out somewhere under another name (ZFG?) and GA was calling or CA was calling to see where Casey and Caylee were. Maybe ICA met him at the tattoo parlor...there are endless possibilities. Defense is just grasping at straws, well the couple they have left.

We;ve been down this rabbit hole before - all the speculation on Lexus (and who worked there etc.,) and the pizza places on 6/17 - these numbers, especially the commercial landlines contacted via cell phone get ported thru the system and these anomalies occur.

SEE AZs post downthread for the explanation....POST 93

The OS article says there were four calls. Are these four texts that GA sent before he realized he had the wrong #?

it's probably in the "cell phone calls and pings" threads... I know I have ICAs records, but I've been through 2 computers and two bad crashes since this all began, I don't have GAs anymore - but would love to (hint hint)

Additionally, I think is was Bond, JWG, AZ, Georgia PI, and a few others who did the bulk of the legwork on those threads. I heart them
Georgia PI, that was who I busted my one brain cell left the other day for her name. Thank you :seeya: Yep, I lost all my saved once downloaded docs too.

There are some excellent work product threads here by our fellow peeps. Excellent!

Is it just me, or is it possible that this is a taunt to the SA from DT....sort of like, "If you don't give us a deal that includes 'get-out-of-jail' in the future, we will sling this mud ball about a kidnapping convict to confuse the jury even more." In hopes of creating reasonable doubt (unreasonable to all but them??) Nothing else makes sense on this to me. MOO:waitasec:

:fence:
That is what is so hilarious about this DT. I mean, seriously. It is the night before they present their Case In Chief, and their hurriedly bringing on a bombshell 'witness' who was once involved with their SODDI because of a wrong number mix up. This is unreal.

I thought Mason said they wouldn't be conducting an affirmative defense. Isn't this guy part of an affirmative defense? I'm confused....:innocent:

There are so many strange things in this case, and I really think that's why so many people have been following.

Of course the wrong listing in the records couldn't have been a simple old church lady, but, instead, it had to be a convicted felon...of kidnapping no less!

I should just stop being surprised.

I agree. I've always said that this case is so captivating because of the constant bizarre turn of events. :crazy:

So all of this because the records said 2 instead of 4? Either GA dialed wrong or it showed up wrong? This is all a fat finger typo? :floorlaugh: Only poor GA would this happen to. "would it not?"

The OS article says there were four calls. Are these four texts that GA sent before he realized he had the wrong #?

George didn't have the wrong number. He was really calling someone from his new job. But a couple of public records databases have the wrong number for Vasco T. It only takes one wrong entry in those databases, and then they multiply like rabbits. :)

I'm worried though because if the DT puts this witness up the JURY just might bust out laughing at the DT and then a mistrial will be called.

Hopefully the DT has to show "Cause" for this witness to be added at this late date? If so, the State and HHJP should have no problem nipping it in the bud. If not, the DT must think the jury is REALLY stupid. The State would be salivating.

Especially if there are texts that can be read. Much better to establish a wrong number than just a "he said"-"he said" short phone conversation IMO.

Of course, Baez will insist that the texts are some sort of Super Secret Code (eyes rolling to the back of my skull).

:fence:

I thought Mason said they wouldn't be conducting an affirmative defense. Isn't this guy part of an affirmative defense? I'm confused....:innocent:

Oh you couldn't write a bad TV movie like this.:floorlaugh:

I thought George had the right number, Vasco Thompson's number was added to a database incorrectly. George called work and work responded to him, he had no knowledge of Vasco or Vasco's real number. The investigator obviously had to justify his money and this is what he came up with, sucks to be the defense if they run with this one. This info is 3 years old already...sheesh!!

Problem is - they never got the memo not to grab ones with paper covers - they rip and break easy.........just like their client's lies!!!!!

Well, does he have as many felonies as ICA?

George didn't have the wrong number. He was really calling someone from his new job. But a couple of public records databases have the wrong number for Vasco T. It only takes one wrong entry in those databases, and then they multiply like rabbits. :)

So GA was calling the right number, it was the public records that were wrong. Just clarifying for my fried brain. I think I've laughed myself silly this afternoon. :crazy:

Is it just me, or is it possible that this is a taunt to the SA from DT....sort of like, "If you don't give us a deal that includes 'get-out-of-jail' in the future, we will sling this mud ball about a kidnapping convict to confuse the jury even more." In hopes of creating reasonable doubt (unreasonable to all but them??) Nothing else makes sense on this to me. MOO:waitasec:

Respectfully, the simplest solution is always the answer- the DT was so eager for positive press that they threw this out there before fact checking and will now look silly when the truth comes out. It has been a theme of the DT this trial starting with the OS without reviewing the evidence the SA had that would refute it. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back