GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE today‘s legal eagle.

He is walking through how the victims are forced to look at DB and to explain their reactions and emotions immediately after the vehicle impact to the very person that caused the unimaginable pain and death to their friends and families.

Legal eagle is correct.
DB is a cold-blooded killer.

jmo

The mother should be charged, as her car was used during the crime. It was the same as giving someone a loaded gun, like the parents of the Michigan school shooter.

She states he is mentally ill, so why the heck did she give him the keys to her car? She knew he had recently tried to run someone over.

And -- doesn't Mom report bailing him out after he used a vehicle as a weapon?

jmho ymmv lrr

I hate to agree with the unknown and unnamed defendant in this case but he's right that he's not "dark skinned". I would consider him light skinned or of light complexion.

I hate to agree with the unknown and unnamed defendant in this case but he's right that he's not "dark skinned". I would consider him light skinned or of light complexion.
Light-skinned is subjective and relative to one’s own skin / ethnicity. From the perspective of the witness, DB is dark-skinned.

Example: my father is dark-skinned compared to my mother. Different nationalities.

Skin complexion is not subjective. These two complexions are objectively different. If you're comparing two people, you can say one is lighter skinned than the other but when you're describing a person of color, there's dark skinned and light skinned per the example below. This is the general meaning of those terms.

This is dark skinned:
a2ad59a7a76288940688f8bd141f223c.jpg

This is Darrell Brooks. He is light skinned.

brooks-4.jpg

JMO

Last edited:
Skin complexion is not subjective. These two complexions are objectively different. If you're comparing two people, you can say one is lighter skinned than the other but when you're describing a person of color, there's dark skinned and light skinned per the example below. This is the general meaning of those terms.

This is dark skinned:
a2ad59a7a76288940688f8bd141f223c.jpg

This is Darrell Brooks. He is light skinned.

brooks-4.jpg

JMO
I respect your opinion, and understand that we don’t agree.
Darrell Brooks is dark-skinned - to me.

He probably didn't look as light skinned when he ran down people. He was in a car, with his hoodie up and had a lot of facial hair. It was getting dark enough for street lights to come on.

As a white person, I don't describe other whites as to whether they are light or dark. I was surprised to learn that persons of color do describe other persons of color as being light or dark.

To add: in some lines of business, we're not allowed to see color.

We do have complexion distinguishers for white people as well. Olive skin, tanned, pale, ginger, blonde etc. These all describe complexion. Yes, ginger and blonde describe hair color but we know generally that a ginger is of a pale complexion and should stay out of the sun. Whereas someone described as mediterranean or olive skinned is more tanned looking. Same with blonde v brunette. Romance novelists often describe white heros as tall, dark, and handsome. :)

These descriptors matter when you're talking about eye witness accounts. Cops often ask witnesses about complexion to further narrow the description. Lets say DB was on foot after assaulting someone and he walked off and the victim gave the account that he was a dark skinned black man, if a cop ran into DB a couple blocks down just walking non chalantly there's a liklihood he wouldn't pay him much attention (assuming no other descriptors were available) because he's not dark skinned. So yeah it's highly relevant in law enforcement/justice system setting.

JMO

Last edited:
That’s a very ignorant thing to say , he is 100 % light skinned. imo
I’m not quite sure if you are referring to the trial witness as ignorant, or to me. The OP and I worked out that our opinions differ on skin tone. But allow me to expand to ease your concern. There are light-skinned and dark-skinned people of non-white race. I would describe DB as light-skinned in that context. There are light-skinned and dark skinned Europeans, (think Norwegian vs Mediterranean), something like the two pics here. I personally am a mix of parents, Arabic and European. My father is noticeably dark-skinned, and I would imagine people would describe him that way.

I hope that clears things up, and apologies for any offense.

Attachments

• BF245788-B889-4BAB-B2A4-F1EA32582BE7.jpeg
    BF245788-B889-4BAB-B2A4-F1EA32582BE7.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 9FEDA2A2-FA92-411D-9DE1-91D1C8FFCF7C.jpeg
    9FEDA2A2-FA92-411D-9DE1-91D1C8FFCF7C.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
We do have complexion distinguishers for white people as well. Olive skin, tanned, pale, ginger, blonde etc. These all describe complexion. Yes, ginger and blonde describe hair color but we know generally that a ginger is of a pale complexion and should stay out of the sun. Whereas someone described as mediterranean or olive skinned is more tanned looking. Same with blonde v brunette. Romance novelists often describe white heros as tall, dark, and handsome. :)

These descriptors matter when you're talking about eye witness accounts. Cops often ask witnesses about complexion to further narrow the description. Lets say DB was on foot after assaulting someone and he walked off and the victim gave the account that he was a dark skinned black man, if a cop ran into DB a couple blocks down just walking non chalantly there's a liklihood he wouldn't pay him much attention (assuming no other descriptors were available) because he's not dark skinned. So yeah it's highly relevant in law enforcement/justice system setting.

JMO
Thank you for this thoughtful explanation. I agree it is relevant. I also would not fault a victim from the parade for their description. A competent lawyer might utilize the testimony to the defendant’s advantage, and if done so to clear an innocent person, I’d be all for it. That’s not going to work for DB. He was the only man in the SUV at the end of his ride of terror and destruction.

He’s picking apart victim / witness testimony, presumably to cast reasonable doubt. I hope it’s not for his own entertainment. I’m not really sure though.

jmo

Oh yeah DB is just picking the victims apart for sport. He enjoys being “right” and argumentative. He was right on the complexion issue but of course there’s no doubt in this case that he’s the driver/murderer. No question whatsoever! It was also dusk and with the window up it’s possible he looked of darker complexion. But it made the witness look less credible in the bright lights of the courtroom to say DB was dark-skinned.

What are the odds of him taking the stand? I say there’s a good probability. He will take the stand and testify on behalf of his client as a 3rd part intervenor. I hope he does just to hear him say “my client” repeatedly on the stand. Hahaha….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990