WI WI - Deidre Harm, 21, Wisconsin Rapids, 11 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Theresa for letting us know. I've been out of town to a funeral my cousin passed away.

My heart breaks for Deidre's family. Have LE released her remains for burial yet?
I had very high hopes they would be able to get some type of DNA from it, besides her own that may give LE some type of lead........

Even though we won't hear any of this I think it would be interesting to know if she put up a fight or not. If she didn't the chances are good that he either surprised her or did put something in her drink. If she fought then she wasn't given any drug. I wouldn't think she would have drank that much as she did have to go to work so early in the morning. Maybe she just wanted to be around her friends and visit for awhile.

I can't remember if she had her own car or not. If not, maybe someone that she recognized from where she worked or from the bar offered to give her a ride home and she thought she would be safe accepting the ride. It could be something so simple that turned into something so horrible.

Have LE stated that there was no evidence on her body or are they just not saying anything? You would think that something would be there. I hope that they thought to send some of her hair to the lab because they can tell through the hair if she was given a date rape drug. From what I remember Dr. Bauden saying the drug will stay in the hair no matter how long or even if the hair has grown..if a person is alive.

Diedre didn't have a car. TheresaO has said it wouldn't be out of the question for her to walk home. I agree that the ride offering scenario is likely. The problem is that it could be anyone - a ride from a seemingly nice stranger at 2 am is not too threatening...

The news has not reported on any other evidence - autopsy was to take quite a while.

The drug is a good thought too. We've talked about it being used to carry her out to the car or something... b/c otherwise TheresaO guarantees she would have fought like crazy.

The remains have not been released yet. It could be months. The one thing to keep in mind is they reported them as Skeletal remains so I am sure it will not be easy to get another persons DNA. I believe they will at most be able to get cause of death. I guess I cant remember who I heard it from but it was someone I must have believed because I am sure they have hair if not scalp. Again I don't remember where that came from obviously not LE. We have a personal connection to one of the hunters that found the remains. I guess we have to just thank god there was no snow this year for hunting season or who knows when or if she would have been found. I do know that if she did fight she had finger nails women pay big bucks to try to replicate. I believe if she felt in danger she would have used them. I only hope there is a chance these will be of help. I don't know what weather would do to any of that type of evidence. When she first had her baby we had lent her and the girls a cell phone unfortunately we took it back when they got a house phone late feb or early march. If she had still had it knowing Deidre she would have had it with her that night. Instead we have nothing. I still believe even if her death was an accident it takes a real piece of work to have left her there and not even make an annonymous phone call from another town payphone or something. I really don't feel safe in my town anymore.

Theresa

Theresa,

To say she had fingernails is a good thing. LE could get DNA from under them. That might be the only hope in preserving what little evidence they have. I could be wrong but doubt it was accidental. If it was you'd think someone would of called LE to let them know where the body was at.

I wish there was some type of break in the case before Xmas.

Ross Brandt, Diedre's baby's father, racked up another disorderly conduct charge. It was filed on 12/19. A no contact order w/ JE (?) was put in, but he was released on signature bond.

Accd'ing to other posts, Ross was interviewed and had an alibi or was cleared... not sure which.

However, we have seen in other cases that LE uses another arrest in order to question a potential suspect about the 1st crime. Also, they'll use it to hold someone who is a danger... for example - Shaun Rudy was suspected in his pregnant wife's death, but was stopped in a vehicle that didn't have snow cleared on his windshield. A vehicle search revealed guns (a violation of probation) so his probation was revoked, and he sat in jail while on the revokation. From there, LE gathered evidence and eventually charged him with murder.

Most of us have moved to the Missing/Located Discussion Forum - see the post there. But nothing that I have heard yet...

Ross' disorderly was for an argument with a friend. I will be surprised if they dont end up dropping it. I know the entire story and believe me there may be some serious issues with what is going on with Ross. It has been very easy to make him look like the bad guy. He is not when it comes to the Deidre Harm situation. There seems to be some serious small town politics being played and I can assure you it is about to become more clear what is going on there. I am not telling you Ross is lilly white he is far from it but that doesn't make him guilty of what happened to Deidre. More importantly (and I just went through his entire WCCA file today) he has done nothing to be refused his child. Again I believe there are some real small town politics being played and when the whole truth comes out, and I believe it will a lot of people are going to change there thinking on this entire matter. Don't you all find it more then a bit odd that it took 7 months after Deidre went missing and almost 2 after she was found dead for a sketch to be released? Had and has everything been done for Deidre? Did what some think have anything to do with how this was investigated? Lots of questions and damn few answers.

Theresa

A sketch?? I keep doing searches, but nothing new ever comes up for me on Deirdre... if you wouldn't mind - would you post links as local news articles are written? It might help us think of new possibilities.

Thanks for the inside info on Ross. It does look to me like he's caught the attention of LE, and that they will be leaning on him as a possible suspect. I appreciate your perspective.

The autopsy is not back. I am almost certain that they are NOT looking at Ross as a suspect in Deidre's disappearance or death. I cant guarantee it but I am 99% sure. I only wish they would say what they have so others would focus elsewhere. I am certain that focusing on Ross is a wasted effort on all parts. And for the record I had not officially met Ross until just before or after Deidre was found. He is not or at least was not a friend. I still don't think either of us would be considered friends but I do think that he is being railroaded over his daughter. I also believe they are letting the speculation hang over him to keep people from focusing on what is or is not happening with the case. Just my very frustrated opinion.

Theresa

I see - it does make sense - esp. if it is an outsider and the fumbling police dept. can't get it together. He makes an easy target...

Why has no one mentioned the fact that maybe it wasn't a man who was involved in this case....but a young woman that she knew. Think about the possibility that this murder could be one of revenge for a fight that happened several weeks earlier.

The truth is none of us know of any recent fights with Deidre and any other girl. Well she and my daughter had a disagreement about bringing friends (not men per se) home at bar time. This is what pushed Deidre to get her own place her place, her rules. I think whatever happened, happened as a result of activities that night. Unfortunately we don't know what the activities were or with whom. I would like to say that I believe at this point it could have been male or female, until we know, if we ever know how she died we are all in the dark.

Theresa

Where did the sketch of the man come from? Did someone see this person in the bar that night? He doesn't look like anyone that I would get into a car with. Maybe she was walking home and he grabbed her if he is the killer. It has been mentioned several time though that the person who murdered her had to know that area so it is unlikely that he was a stranger to that area. Maybe LE should have gotten a list of the people in the bar that night...as many as people remember seeing...and check them out really well. Just seems like it must have been either someone who offered her a ride home or someone that saw her walking and offered her a ride...someone that she recognized and was from that area.

I hope that they check her hair for the date rape drug. If someone put it in her drink they could have gotten her out of the bar before it took its full affect. After that anything could have happened and she wouldn't have been able to stop it. She wouldn't have been able to fight or protect herself in any way. I just wonder how ofter they think to check the hair along with what could be in a person's system. Even though that won't help catch the killer but it gives more info on what happened and why.

it seems the sketch is of a man they saw her with that night.

TheresaO - I PM'ed you.

Hey there,

I'm usually a big time lurker, and being from Wisconsin, I've been following Deidre's case since the beginning. I feel like I'm going nuts, but that sketch looks sooo damn familiar to me....I don't know if this guy has a super familiar face or if he just looks like somebody I know or what, but it's driving me crazy. I don't live in Wisconsin Rapids, I live in Madison, however they did mention he had a tribal tattoo? I am part Native American and my mom lives inbetween Black River Falls/Neillsville, which I believe is pretty close to WI Rapids. I don't want to get anyones hopes up, but I know I should help if there's any possible way I can help-I just don't know how if I can't even know for sure or if I do know this person?

I know the police have said this guy "must be very familiar" with the area, but then it seems like NOBODY recognizes this guy from the area (or so they are saying). So anyway, I'm very sorry to waste everybodys time, what would you guys do? I'm grilling my brain, which doesn't seem to be helping much (I think I'm thinking too hard). Should I just call and say the guy looks really familiar to me but I don't know why? Again, I just don't want to brush this off in case I can help...any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Marisa

I think you should keep thinking about it - don't brush it off. He may be in Madison and maybe grew up in Rapids, or maybe a close relative lives there or something. The road Deirdre was found on was not known to non-locals, but you never know why he would know about it. (Ex. I'm not from Viola/La Farge, but I know places that I would hide a body there...)

Yes, I believe a tribal tattoo was involved, although those are very common for a man of that generation. (i.e. late 20's early 30's)

Keep thinking - make a list of any place or just a free association that jogs your memory. You may come up with it. Also - before bed, look at the pic and try thinking about it. Your subconcious will work on it while you're asleep.

Most of us know stories of cases that were solved by someone like you. Elizabeth Smart's abductor was identified by her sister - but her sister couldn't remember for MONTHS who he was - she just knew that she had seen him before. The bodies of an abducted brother/sister pair were found by a woman who just decided it was her responsibility to find them.

Even if you can't get a full name, I would tell police anything you might remember. Like if you know you met this guy at a cousin's house, or in a specific restaurant - it may help them.

GEORGE A THOMPSONDOC ID#:00255013Alias(es):GEORGE SCHUTZ

Description Detail
Height:
Weight:
Eye color:
Hair color:
5 FT 9 IN
BLUE
BLONDE

Photos Click a photo to view a larger version for display or printing Photo(s) Taken:09/07/2004

Offense Requiring RegistrationConviction date:
Conviction county:
Conviction state:
Criminal code:
12/01/1992
PORTAGE
WI
940.225(2): Second-Degree Sexual Assault
Sex Offender Registry StatusCustody/supervision:
Registration begin:
Registration end:
Compliance status:TERMINATED
10/28/1997
LIFE REGISTRATION
COMPLIANT Note: Compliance indicates whether offender has responded to last contact letter from Sex Offender Registry Program.

No Residence Address reported --> Residence address reported --> Residence:
1960 WICKHAM AVE
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI 54495
WOOD COUNTY Report Date:07/31/2006 Verified Date

the above post from me has a pic of a dude that matches the sketch alot. I saw this on one of the my space pages for Ms Harm in the blog section. If he has been ruled out sorry just really hit me when I saw this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits
Back