AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just occurred to me - might she have gone with them willingly if they threatened to kill her dog?

They had a gun and had just killed her parents. They wouldn't have needed to threaten the dog to get her cooperation at that point. There was nothing about it that could have been "willingly" but perhaps she did not run nor put up a fight simply because she wanted to live and was in shock. JMO.

They had a gun and had just killed her parents. They wouldn't have needed to threaten the dog to get her cooperation at that point. There was nothing about it that could have been "willingly" but perhaps she did not run nor put up a fight simply because she wanted to live and was in shock. JMO.

I would!!

I would!!

I'd like to think that I would run or put up a fight, but I'm an adult with quite a bit of experience in the world and she a young girl who had probably just seen the aftermath of her parents' murders. It's hard to know what her mental state was. Mine probably would not have been good.

Would what? fight for your life? Or go along without a fight so you could live?
Exactly. She’s 13, she wasn’t going to fight back, if she did, she would have been unsuccessful.

He either forced her out of that house, or she went somewhat willingly, as she was no match for a man with a gun, especially one who had already demonstrated that he had no qualms about using violence.

That has been my position for a long time-- ever since they put out that they wanted to talk to anyone who has ever had a "misunderstanding" with the family. This is someone who murdered two people to get her. He isn't going to talk to LE if he hears the words "kidnapping" or "abduction". The Sheriff even avoided repeating the word "suspect" when the reporter asked. That doesn't mean there is no suspect but it could mean they don't want to use that word because they are trying to open a dialogue with him. They need to appeal to his ego and make it seem like "no big deal" if he didn't get along with Jayme's parents. Just like they would do if they were talking to him in an interview room before arrest. JMO.

Yes, they can even understand how he could get very angry with Jayme's parents and how he felt panicked in the situation and went too far. Everyone goes too far sometimes. They know that because they lose it, too, sometimes. It can happen to anybody. And it's normal to do that. They understand he only wants to take care of and protect Jayme. They know he wants what's best for her.

I'll look for it. Was it recent like maybe in this thread. I can't believe I missed it.
I looked through the Media thread and didn't find anything, but I thought it was during one of the press conferences. Maybe I imagined it, but it would have been in the past couple days (I think). The way these threads move, I'm not sure how far back you'd have to look. I would think the last one, but possibly the one before that. Maybe searching for challenger would narrow it down a bit.

I looked through the Media thread and didn't find anything, but I thought it was during one of the press conferences. Maybe I imagined it, but it would have been in the past couple days (I think). The way these threads move, I'm not sure how far back you'd have to look. I would think the last one, but possibly the one before that. Maybe searching for challenger would narrow it down a bit.

I will try that. BTW have you checked out Jennie O's website? I was looking for shift hours and came across some interesting information. I don't know if I can post it here or not, but it is worth reading I think.

Go along...thinking I might have a chance to get away. Especially if I was 13 years old.

Exactly. You would do what you have to in order to stay alive. Maybe someone older who knows what terrors could await them would take a chance to fight, deciding they would rather die, but an innocent 13 year old who just saw her parents murdered is going to comply with the person holding the gun. JMO. There is a chance Jayme is alive. It's a small chance, but it is there in my opinion. I hope she is being kept somewhere and that she was allowed to see her aunts on tv, giving her hope.

Exactly. She’s 13, she wasn’t going to fight back, if she did, she would have been unsuccessful.

He either forced her out of that house, or she went somewhat willingly, as she was no match for a man with a gun, especially one who had already demonstrated that he had no qualms about using violence.
Do pervs/pedophiles behave like that? Breaking through a door, and killing two adults...all just to grab a <modsnipped unnecessary comment> 13 year old?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is hard to watch for sure. But, sheriff did say they are still searching through what was collected by 2000 volunteers yesterday. Hope and patience... And balls of steel.
"Hope and patience... And balls of steel." Couldn't have put it better. This made me smile big time!!! Thank you my friend!

This is the first time in awhile I've felt hopeful. I'm glad people here have interpreted the news conference in such a logical way because I had watched it and, initially, taken at face value only; I had felt LE was no further ahead than they had been last week.

Do pervs/pedophiles behave like that? Breaking through a door, and killing two adults...all just to grab a <modsnipped unnecessary comment>13 year old?

It's not common, but it does happen. Thomas Evans in SC committed a home invasion on a mother coming home with her 3 children-- an infant, a toddler and a 4 year old. He raped the mother and beat her nearly to death then he took the 4 year old, drove across several states with her and raped her too. He had no connection to the family at all and said he randomly targeted them because they "looked perfect".
Thomas Evans indicted on federal sex crime charges in Charleston County kidnapping case
Found Alive - SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

And I think other examples have been given throughout these threads of cases that are closer in age to Jayme, but the above case springs to mind because it's one I'm familiar with and involves both a home invasion and a violent sexual offender.

Yes, HT was another similar case... though fortunately, no one died.

The Bain girls, HA, BS and the Matthew Hoffman murders.
There are several where the perp kills the parents/family to take the child.
I made a list in one of the very first threads.

It's so disheartening that the huge search turned up nothing.

Ultimately I still fear that this is another Groene type case.
Mother, her boyfriend and teen brother brutally killed, 2 dogs scared away. Two young kids abducted. ONE perp.

Transcripts detail murder, kidnapping case

Duncan, she said, told her that he had entered the family’s home through an unlocked back door and that he pointed the gun at the family’s dogs, which ran and hid. Shasta said Duncan held McKenzie and her mother at gunpoint. She said she saw her brother, Slade, bleeding from a deep head wound.

--------------------

Before determining that the victims had been bludgeoned with a framing hammer, authorities believed the three had been shot in the head, the transcripts reveal.

I was affiliated with a psychiatric hospital some time ago where I witnessed an adult female, maybe 5'2 95lbs, rip a door down in a rage-fueled psychotic episode. And if anyone has ever seen those kinds of doors - their weight, their architecture, their lack of hardware - they know what a monumental feat this was. Point being that anyone can tear a door down with enough adrenaline. Or PCP. Or meth.

JMO.

This is true. We had a little 22 pound beagle that went THROUGH a door when the other beagle was in heat. With the right motivation......

Is it possible they are holding the funeral in the midst of the search for Jayme in order to lure a suspect in?

This is certainly possible. It still makes me sad that they are having a funeral at all. Especially since they said burial will be later. I wish they'd wait on all of it till Jayme is found... but maybe it's a strategy as well.

Right. Right now it's all just a little misunderstanding. We know you didn't mean to hurt anyone, that you're not going to hurt Jayme. You like her. You can work with us. Here's her dog!

It's not a bad idea.

This ABSOLUTELY makes sense. Especially if LE agrees with the theory that they took Jayme because they didn't want to kill her. Took her until they could figure out what to do with her. Then, addressing them this way would certainly be practical.

Go along...thinking I might have a chance to get away. Especially if I was 13 years old.

This also may be what the aunt was trying to convey. In talking to Jayme as if she has the choice to come home... maybe she's trying to convince her to escape. Given that Jayme is a shy girl, maybe they are concerned that she would need some encouragement.

I found it. Going to think about it a bit. Thanks.

Do pervs/pedophiles behave like that? Breaking through a door, and killing two adults...all just to grab a <modsnipped unnecessary comment> 13 year old?
Nope. It’s incredibly rare. Usually they take the path of least resistance, which this clearly was not.

Nope. It’s incredibly rare. Usually they take the path of least resistance, which this clearly was not.

Definitely they are NOT a common thing luckily!

However, when this particular trio of events happens together:
A home invasion occurs
The family in the home is killed
AND a young girl/children is abducted
Generally the motive turns out to be sexual.
With your rare custody battle exceptions which don't apply in this case obviously.

I'm struggling to recall a similar case that did not have a sexual motivation.
I think I keep going back to the Groene case and comparing it here because there was an adult male there as well as dogs yet only one perp.
It is possible for one perp to do this alone.

I’m not really seeing the predator/sex offender/ online pervert angle.

I could be wrong but I think it’s most common in those situations for them to meet the girl outside of the home. She runs away from school or they plan to meet at her bus stop, at a nearby library, things like that and the abduction occurs there because they avoid confrontation.

I don’t know why an online predator or a local sex offender who wanted to kidnap Jayme would very violently murder both of her parents and then take off with her. It just doesn’t fit in my opinion. The only thing here I could maybe see along those lines is if she had met someone (let’s say online) and then she tried to break things off with him and he refused to let her go so he goes to drastic measures to be with her. Even still, I think it’s rare for this to be the route they choose.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member