AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bathroom door locks are very easy to unlock -- just need a hair pin! (At least at my home)!
I have spoken with Alexa. She will remind me to visit the hardware store.

This has reminded me that we really need to find a floor plan for the Closs home. I'm going to ask again - are there any locals here who could visit the library in Barron?

Last edited:
Not a yorkie, from the pictures. A little dog though. Pictures look like a shih tzu.

My 30 pound dog is afraid of his own shadow. He literally hides himself behind pillows when he sees one of my daughter’s new baby toys that make noise. He also did that, and was trembling, when I fostered a 1 pound tiny kitten and he first saw her. I wouldn’t be surprised, at all, of a dog running and hiding from an intruder

Am I missing something here. People are talking like the dad came home late at night from work. Did he work 2nd shift or something?
We have no idea. People just keep posting as if it's fact. For all we know, he got off work at 4 and went straight home to shower and nap, ate dinner, and was chilling on the couch. We just don't have a good timeline for his activities that day.

I'm trying to think of what happened after. We don't know exactly who or what happened, but what are the chances we think they are still somewhere nearby vs. long gone by now?

If we go with the theory that this was targeted (perhaps at James) and is someone known to the family, they are most likely local. If not Barron exactly, probably nearby. It would be really obvious IMO if they left town or totally changed their daily routine, so perhaps they are still just going about their local life? With Jayme either contained at their home or (sadly) deceased somewhere?

What is the most likely way of getting to and from the crime scene? IMO I am leaning toward car. If someone did show up raging and in full-on anger mode, wanting to deal with James right then and there, I feel like they would have hopped into their car and driven over quickly--probably not many cars on those roads that time of night. And then it's a fast getaway. I think it's likely the perp may have just driven right up to the house, and it looks like it's a bit obstructed from the road anyway (plus it was late at night and probably not much traffic past the house).

I feel like/hope that someone knows something. Even if one person acted alone, if they were this full of rage over something about this family, someone else may know. Or someone may know this person was not at home around this time on Monday morning. Or they started acting weird the next day, etc. I just hope the person who notices this will give a tip! All JMO

There are 42 RSOs in the tiny town of Barron with population 3300.

0.23 % of the USA population is a RSO.
1.3 % of Barron, WI's population is a RSO.
Barron, WI's number of RSO is 6X higher than American's rate of RSO!

It's very difficult for felons to get a job and incredibly difficult for RSOs to find a job. It's likely that the reason there are so many RSOs in Barron is because the turkey processing plant (the town's largest employer) hires them. This is also where Jayme's parents worked and her dad was some type of supervisor. There's got to be a connection.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Barron-Wisconsin.html

Those are some eye-opening stats.

Wow...and...OMG!

DH and I were just discussing James' occupation as "line manager". DH and I both worked for a company that had assembly lines, and those who directly supervised the assembly (or "hands-on" work) were called "first-line managers". DH was a first-line manager earlier in his career, for several years.

If James was indeed a "line manager", then he probably oversaw some of the hands-on operations at the poultry plant.

"Possible disgruntled employee", DH just said. "Look for someone who's gone missing from work".

Just Our VHOs.

Last edited:
Well whatever they thought, and for whatever reason they thought it, the reality became apparent when no weapon was found at the scene.

That’s what’s strange to me. Maybe they thought he committed murder/suicide and perhaps fell on the gun, but when they didn’t find it, they realized they were wrong.

Idk this whole this is weird. And I respect LEOs immensely, but more light needs to be shed on this because time is ticking away. And if they believe Jayme was abducted and in danger, they’re not getting anywhere with keeping their cards so close to the vest.

Watch for odd behavior isn’t really helping because I’m sure everyone there is acting odd. There’s a killer on the loose. I’m sure everyone is paranoid.

I’m not from Barron, I’m further south and this has barely been on the news. Which is disappointing because by the time the amber alert was issued, she was close to my town. Is it on the news a lot elsewhere?

WHY is it germane to dissect the financial health of a couple who's now deceased?
What if this were your parents, your sister, brother, loved one in any way?

I don't think this is right or fair. What's done through the courts is ABOVE BOARD. It's how law abiding people get help with and relief from untenable financial debths.
It's NOT " how they lived" or " how they died", but a bump in the road.

<modsnip - personalizing>

Huh? Because they are dead and their daughter is missing. And if presumably not by a boyfriend situation of Jayme, and not a random murder and kidnapping, then something in their past or present triggered it. I’m not judging them for anything. Loans are a normal part of life. It’s pertinent to the case, because it could have angered someone if they had a pattern of either not paying bills (as in the judgements against Denise) or if they were having work done in the house with the equity loan as a funding line. <modsnip - unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if either mom or dad were in a position at work to be involved in the termination of employees?

If Dad was a 'line supervisor' then he wouldn't be the person who did the actual firing of the employee. However, his word would go a long way to account for someone being reported, thus being fired, imo.

Last edited:
Not sure if that's been reported that they were out. In the interview with the neighbor, she states that they were awake when she heard the two gunshots. Possible they had been out earlier.
Welcome back. There's always those cases that draw us in, I agree.
The neighbor woman has been giving interviews to a number of media and her recollection has been changing slightly over time. Early reports said she and her husband were sleeping and woke to shots. Later it was they were in bed but not asleep. A more recent report has her saying they were out and came home around 11:30 pm.

The links are in the threads - it's becoming difficult to track all her interviews. She also has changed which shot sounded louder - initially it was the second one but now it's the first one.

No shade on her, I just think she's traumatized by the murders and doesn't know how to say no to the media.
CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first

shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes,

and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the

Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30.
CNN.com - Transcripts
If this version is correct then it leaves open the possibility that there were other shots and/or the perp was in the house earlier. MOO.

Last edited:
Since LE wants to know more about the parents, I think that details like this may be relevant. Financial troubles and the WHY of those troubles may lead to motive.

Yes. Thank you. This. Is it more important to not look into finances, or is it more important to try to establish where a missing girl could be, and why?

That’s what’s strange to me. Maybe they thought he committed murder/suicide and perhaps fell on the gun, but when they didn’t find it, they realized they were wrong.

Idk this whole this is weird. And I respect LEOs immensely, but more light needs to be shed on this because time is ticking away. And if they believe Jayme was abducted and in danger, they’re not getting anywhere with keeping their cards so close to the vest.

Watch for odd behavior isn’t really helping because I’m sure everyone there is acting odd. There’s a killer on the loose. I’m sure everyone is paranoid.

I’m not from Barron, I’m further south and this has barely been on the news. Which is disappointing because by the time the amber alert was issued, she was close to my town. Is it on the news a lot elsewhere?
Yes, it’s national news and has been since pretty early on.

It’s entirely possible that LE simply doesn’t have much to go on, and releasing details of the crime scene won’t move the needle much in their eyes.

Sometimes there aren’t easy answers right away, if ever.

I do think this case will be solved, it’s just a matter of when.

This is going to sound completely off the wall so please forgive me. However it is one aspect that hasn’t been looked at and I’m trying to cover all areas.
Hang with me very far fetched. Could it be possible since the family was kind of “reclusive” they may have been in some sort of witness protection type thing? And possibly located?
It seems we know very little about the dad and the mom and LE isn’t saying much so could that be the reason?
Again like I stated very far out there... but covering all options since none of this makes since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem