WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Bond set at $1M for ex-cop in suitcase deaths
UPDATED Friday, June 27, 2014 --- 2:11 p.m.

ELKHORN, Wis. (AP) -- Bond has been set at $1 million for a former police officer suspected of killing two women and hiding their bodies in suitcases dumped in rural Wisconsin

[...]

But District Attorney Daniel Necci says he expects homicide charges to be filed where the women were killed. Investigators allege the women were killed elsewhere in Wisconsin and in Minnesota.

Something seems very wrong about how he is so readily confessing to all of this and telling the cops "what he did". It seems to me that he is trying to mold his story the way he wants everyone to see it. Unfortunately, it appears to be working. Any half-wit criminal knows that when you are taken in for questioning the first thing you do is to ask for a lawyer so the interview is ended right then. This guy was an ex-cop, he of all people would have been the first one to request an attorney. But what does he do? He confesses and then tells the cops how he did everything. This would be according to him, of course.

It seems like he wants them to believe one version and one version only....HIS version. I don't believe his version. I think he is fabricating his story so he doesn't appear to be as much of a monster as he really is. He is just trying to make it look like everything happened quickly and cleanly from the victims standpoint. They were probably held and tortured for only God knows how long, but he doesn't want that part to come out. Hands tied, rope around the neck, ball gags, dog collars......?? Sound quick and clean to you ?

He's going to claim that this is what these women were into, and things got too rough. Involuntary Manslaughter. As long as everyone believes his version, it might actually work.

You could be right, but on the other hand, this is a common way for a certain kind of serial killer to behave when they're finally caught. They want to brag about how smart they've been and how long they've been getting away with it. If he really is a serial killer, anyway. I still have some doubts about that.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc. This does not include people who may befriend a player on internet social media, and then wish to post about it.

If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.

wsverify@xmission.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you!

Keep in mind, if Laura was not deemed unfit to care for herself or a danger to herself, if the initial chats and such indicated that she wanted voluntarily to become this <self censored>'s submissive, LE's hands may have been tied. People can voluntarily enter such relationships. It may seem incomprehensible to most of us why someone would chose to become a 24/7 submissive, but it happens.

I am not at ALL saying that Laura deserved this. Nor am I saying that she morally was capable of making that decision due to underlying medical or substance abuse issues, but she may have been legally capable. There is a huge difference and it's very hard to get someone declared incompetent by a court of law. Often both LE and family's hands are tied by mental health laws.

(I've done research on how to get someone help and in some states, they basically have to be caught with a gun to their head and 4 pounds on a 5 pound trigger in order to be put into care against their will.)

I'm Judy - I work down the block from where SZ lives (or should I say, lived?) I'm deeply troubled by all of this. I've learned more from this site than I have trying to follow the Milwaukee news and newspaper coverage - they are quite vague. His public defender is now saying the deaths could have been "accidental" - My GOD he can't get away with this!!! Was it accidental he didn't call 911?

Local News - Ex GF tells he kept woman in cage for 7 years

I'll go back and get the link to the article of caging women for 7 years

prosecutors say murder charges being considered in Kenosha & MN for Zelich

Welcome copsdaughter!

I am in shock that a judge set bail at 1 million.......
I am more in shock that prosecutors never filed murder charges against this scum of the earth!!!!

I also live in Wisconsin & find it totally appalling this monster can even breathe the same air we do!

Maybe it is just me but Laura's family & friends deserve justice. For his lawyer to suggest it was consentual sex & he got carried away killing them is a slap in every woman's face in America.

last seen 8/21/2012 from IL- Karla Andrade-age 15 at time of disappearance
I know she's a bit over the weight of "his preference" but what caught my eye was that she may travel to Kenosha-which is where SZ said he met Jane Doe

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1202748/1

I kept coming back to her too when I was searching. The traveling part and she sort of resembles the sketch though that really isn't saying much.

I'm stunned he admitted causing their deaths.

He is just helping set his case up so he gets off. 2 consenting adults having rough sex........never meant to kill them, I got carried away!!!!

Sounds like he'll blame both the victims say they wanted gagged, collared etc All there idea, he never wanted to but figured why not.

This guy isn't stupid, a ex cop.

What kind of sentence is he looking at for "Hiding a corpse"? If he was only to receive those charges?

He is just helping set his case up so he gets off. 2 consenting adults having rough sex........never meant to kill them, I got carried away!!!!

Sounds like he'll blame both the victims say they wanted gagged, collared etc All there idea, he never wanted to but figured why not.

This guy isn't stupid, a ex cop.

I agree with you that is what he is going to try but I don't know how anyone can buy that happening twice! Once could be an accident - two times not so much.

Something seems very wrong about how he is so readily confessing to all of this and telling the cops "what he did". It seems to me that he is trying to mold his story the way he wants everyone to see it. Unfortunately, it appears to be working. Any half-wit criminal knows that when you are taken in for questioning the first thing you do is to ask for a lawyer so the interview is ended right then. This guy was an ex-cop, he of all people would have been the first one to request an attorney. But what does he do? He confesses and then tells the cops how he did everything. This would be according to him, of course.

It seems like he wants them to believe one version and one version only....HIS version. I don't believe his version. I think he is fabricating his story so he doesn't appear to be as much of a monster as he really is. He is just trying to make it look like everything happened quickly and cleanly from the victims standpoint. They were probably held and tortured for only God knows how long, but he doesn't want that part to come out. Hands tied, rope around the neck, ball gags, dog collars......?? Sound quick and clean to you ?

He's going to claim that this is what these women were into, and things got too rough. Involuntary Manslaughter. As long as everyone believes his version, it might actually work.

I hadn't read your post before I posted mine!!! You said exactly what I wanted to say!!!!!

Oh. My. God.

Okay. 2006-2007, minus 7 years, is around 1999, maybe a bit earlier.

It sounds like all his, um, I hate to call them relationships but can't think of a better word, started out consensual before getting out of control. Also sounds like maybe just dominance wasn't enough any more and he graduated to something more. Just speculating there.

A quick look turned up these Wisconsin possibles:

Carmen Owens: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2266dfwi.html
Dawn Mohn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3095dfwi.html

Minnesota: Mary McMillan: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcmillan_mary.html

Illinois: Trista Bultema really fits the physical profile: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2763dfil.html

Indiana: nobody obvious

http://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/missing/heather-m-szekeres

szerkeres-heather-dark.JPG

Missing since mid-2013, may be too late in the year to be the UID. Has several, several tats.

I honestly do not feel it's Heather because I feel the last JD that was found is her. I will bring my posts over from [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10607654#post10607654"]Victoria Prokopovitz thread[/ame]. I see Heather still does not have DNA.

Help Find Victoria "Vicki" Prokopovitz shared a link May 19 - UPDATE: Coroner: Body Found in Shawano Co. is Female Updated: Mon 12:49 PM, May 19, 2014 - Videos at link The Shawano County Coroner says more information is expected later this week from the State Crime Lab about a body found Sunday, May 11 in the Township of Richmond.
UPDATE: Sun 4:30 PM, May 11, 2014 - Saturday a group of young adults found the remains while walking in the woods. The Sheriff's office received the calls at approximately 5:25 PM. Deputies were sent to the scene to investigate.

The case is being handled as a possible homicide. The remains, artifacts, and evidence have been sent for a forensic exam and autopsy to the Wisconsin State Crime Lab for further examination and positive identification.

Carmen Owens NamUs age 41 - Date last seen November 02, 1998 Dentals & DNA available - Circumstances - Unknown. Carmen was last seen at the Shawano Bus Station in the vicinity of the 1200 block of E. Green Bay St. in Shawano, WI headed for Green Bay, WI. Carmen has a medical condition and needs medication.

Heather Szekeres NamUs - age 32 - Date last seen June 23, 2013 - no dentals; DNA or finger prints - Circumstances - Heather left home to meet friends at the bar. She never returned home.

Heather Szekeres: Why hasn't missing woman been found? - As of July 6, Shawano, Wis. woman Heather Szekeres still hasn't been found and her case is now two weeks old. Her husband was one of the last people to see her during a night of alleged partying at a bar near their home. He claims that he stayed home with their child so she could get some time out with her friends. She reportedly came home to check on her family but then left again. He says she never returned after this. There are four main theories that could be speculated in this case, but it's hard to feel positive either way when her loved ones haven't been very prominent in the media -- unlike other missing persons cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hatchpower