• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh:
I am gain leaning towards not testifying after watching her this week. She has transformed herself into a defense attorney! She was very busy reading transcripts, taking notes, double checking everything. She has forgotten she is the defendant! She is probably going to be looking around for the 'defendant in this case', to consult with them on what she wants done. Since she has now morphed into an attorney, she won't testify, not unless she can ask herself questions!

Hi- I have another question but have no idea where to ask it, so I'll try it in this thread.
I was watching all the videos again for the hearing last week. My question is: Why does someone always sit with Casey when her attorneys are called for a sidebar? I've never seen that before. It's either the investigator or the legal assistant that gets up and sits with her- why? Can she not be left at the table by herself?

Anyone? Thanks.
Please move if I'm in the wrong area to ask this question. New here.

Hi- I have another question but have no idea where to ask it, so I'll try it in this thread.
I was watching all the videos again for the hearing last week. My question is: Why does someone always sit with Casey when her attorneys are called for a sidebar? I've never seen that before. It's either the investigator or the legal assistant that gets up and sits with her- why? Can she not be left at the table by herself?

Anyone? Thanks.

Respectfully Quoted janine :)

:welcome:

What you ask was being discussed during the hearing, on the hearing threads. What I remember Websleuthers saying was, they weren't sure why Casey had to be "babysat" either. Other people did notice and wonder. This is my first trial so it did not seem strange to me, now you are another person to make such a comment. :waitasec:

I would suggest you ask this question on the "verified lawyers" thread. Ask, only to find out if there is a legal reason why this would occur. Only a legal question can be asked and answered. If you want a more casual thread to ask your question: try the psych thread(s) or maybe the one offered below(Countdown to Trial).

You could always go and read the hearing threads, as I said there was speculation that day as to why Casey was sitting with someone at all times.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125267"]Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (Legal Questions for Verified Lawyers)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129847"]Countdown to Trial - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (Countdown to Trial)

ETA: I do not know if Casey will testify or not. I wish I did know. :waiting:

:websleuther:

Respectfully Quoted janine :)

:welcome:

What you ask was being discussed during the hearing, on the hearing threads. What I remember Websleuthers saying was, they weren't sure why Casey had to be "babysat" either. Other people did notice and wonder. This is my first trial so it did not seem strange to me, now you are another person to make such a comment. :waitasec:

I would suggest you ask this question on the "verified lawyers" thread. Ask, only to find out if there is a legal reason why this would occur. Only a legal question can be asked and answered. If you want a more casual thread to ask your question: try the psych thread(s) or maybe the one offered below(Countdown to Trial).

You could always go and read the hearing threads, as I said there was speculation that day as to why Casey was sitting with someone at all times.

Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (Legal Questions for Verified Lawyers)

Countdown to Trial - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (Countdown to Trial)

ETA: I do not know if Casey will testify or not. I wish I did know. :waiting:

Oh- thanks so much. I'll try that. It's good to know that I wasn't the only one. I've been to many court hearings, and watch many on Courttv and have never seen a defendant have a babysitter so maybe this is an arrangement with her attorney so as not to be blowing in the wind. We all know how fidgety Casey gets and the distraction or non-stop writing may not be enough to make her not feel so vulnerable at that table.

I'll retry my question in the suggested threads- thank you.

Oh- thanks so much. I'll try that. It's good to know that I wasn't the only one. I've been to many court hearings, and watch many on Courttv and have never seen a defendant have a babysitter so maybe this is an arrangement with her attorney so as not to be blowing in the wind. We all know how fidgety Casey gets and the distraction or non-stop writing may not be enough to make her not feel so vulnerable at that table.

I'll retry my question in the suggested threads- thank you.

janine, :welcome4:! Glad to have you here.

Your question makes me think in re: the thread topic--if KC does get on the stand, she won't be able to take a babysitter up there with her! (Insert "InvisiNanny" joke here.) It would be a real nail-biter for the DT, sitting there watching their client bury herself and not being able to do a danged thing to stop her...

I am gain leaning towards not testifying after watching her this week. She has transformed herself into a defense attorney! She was very busy reading transcripts, taking notes, double checking everything. She has forgotten she is the defendant! She is probably going to be looking around for the 'defendant in this case', to consult with them on what she wants done. Since she has now morphed into an attorney, she won't testify, not unless she can ask herself questions!

I guess we'll see if she decides to get up and question the witness's in her best "Nancy Grace voice".

Can you imagine how proud her mother would be; as long as she doesn't question her!:floorlaugh:

Anyone? Thanks.

My suspicion on it is just another example of the defenses long held practice of not allowing anyone not covered by Attorney Client privilege to have direct contact or speak with her. I honestly think that JB and CM are afraid that when they get up she will start chatting it up with someone in the audience behind her. Who knows what she would say? So they task covered people to always have her attention. This prevents any number of possibly negative behaviors.

I don't think ICA will ever testify - I feel she wants to stay living in her fantasy land where her "team" and family will make everything just go away and she'll be home and found totally not guilty of anything at all.

I was watching all the videos again for the hearing last week. My question is: Why does someone always sit with Casey when her attorneys are called for a sidebar? I've never seen that before. It's either the investigator or the legal assistant that gets up and sits with her- why? Can she not be left at the table by herself? Anyone? Thanks.

BBM

I personally think it's to keep her Mom from strangling her again!!:floorlaugh:

I believe ICA has already testified....

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

Re-read her CPS report....the mysterious baby sitter...

Thank you for this link LiveLaughLuv :)

Arrived at the OC jail, Orlando Florida to interview Casey Anthony. She denied the allegation stating it sounds as if it were something the OCSO would report. We do not reveal reporter information. She contests the OCSO has spent more time trying to find her guilty of this type of incident without any evidence instead of searching for Caylee.
(skip)
She stated that as a mother she would have a knowing feeling inside if something bad had happened to Caylee and her mother had the same type of feeling about her and her brother growing up. Asked if she thinks Zenaida Gonzalez still has Caylee and she stated her or somebody else. Also inquired if Cindy had ever met Zenaida and she said, "no" Zenaida lived in Winter Park and it was always easier for her to pick up Caylee. Stated it would be important if her parents or father's relatives could also receive some closure. She stated her father's family in now in Italy. During the course of our conversation, Dawn and myself noted that Casey referred to Caylee as "that child" suggesting some form of detachment.
(skip)

8/25/2008
Conducted a home visit and talked with Casey for about an hour and a half. In retrospect it very much seemed she wanted to tell her story. "During the course of the conversation she stated I am innocent and I did not do anything wrong two or three times. The media reported she was offered limited immunity from prosecution if she told them where Caylee could be found and she declined the immunity. She is now back in jail on new criminal charges for cashing fraudulent checks belonging to a friend and the California Bailbondsman revoked her bond.
(skip)
Conducted interview at 4937 Hopespring Drive Orlando Florida. Present was Casey and Cindy. Outside the home was a large RV housing the bailbondsman. Cindy opened he door and when I introduced myself, she stated they had been expecting DCF to arrive at some point. Casey came from the kitchen and with a smile warmly greeted me. Sat down with both women at dining room table and read the allegations to them letting them know our maltreatments are, inadequate supervision and threatened harm. Casey stated she is looking forward to discussing her side of the story with somebody not her family or LE. Through out our initial conversation both women stated that the OCSO is misrepresenting Casey and are focused on criminally prosecuting her in instead of looking for Caylee. Cindy stated OCSO told her to bring photos for an Amber Alert, yet they never did an Amber Alert and never explained why an Amber Alert was never done. Cindy thinks one was never done because OCSO felt that Casey was lying to them. They both believe that Caylee is out there and felt they had to take matters into their own hands to create a local and national awareness so people would be looking for her. Cindy stated she was the one who contacted the FBI because she believes Zenaida has Caylee. Casey stopped Cindy from butting in, telling her that this is her chance to explain her side instead of Cindy talking for her. Casey stated Zenaida Gonzalez was her babysitter. Both her parents work and she was working seasonal at Universal Studios in the event department. She said despite what OCSO told the press, Universal Studios has copies of her work hours and pay stubs. She stated that Zenaida has been babysitting Caylee for almost a year and a half, she took good care of the child and never had a reason to suspect anything was wrong. She said Zenaida was around 24 years of age, not in 30's as represented by LE. She has never been shown the right photo of her by the OCSO and they have not to her knowledge followed up on any of the leads she and her family have given to LE. She said Zenaida had no children of her own, when asked where she lived, she stated it was very fluid, sometimes at her home and sometimes at her mother's house. Due to criminal case, did not want to reveal any more information. She stated Zenaida has her child and she is hoping she will return the child to her. Both Cindy and Casey talked about raising and caring for Caylee at this home. Cindy stated they almost had her potty trained when she disappeared. She stated she gave the OCSO Caylee's DNA, her footprints from the hospital and finger prints she had completed when Caylee was one year old. Cindy stated she would often bathe Caylee and never saw any unexplained marks or bruises. Caylee could talk and she never said anything negative about Zenaida. Casey stated she would discipline Caylee by sitting her down and talking to her, not physical punishment. She stated the father was named Eric, would not provide last name due to privacy of her family. She stated the father and her met in middle school and when his family moved to Kentucky they kept in touch. They later hooked up and Caylee was born. She stated he was killed in a car accident and is buried in Kentucky, she stated OCSO has all this information. She stated he did not support Caylee through normal means, but he had set up a trust fund in her name that he was contributing prior to his death. Cindy stated that when Caylee was born they set up a will and she and her husband George were given power of attorney in case anything happened to Casey. Casey stated that Caylee had Cigna Insurance, it started with Blue Cross/Blue Shield then changed to Cigna. She said Caylee was healthy, current with her shots and at 100% percentile in ages and stages. Casey stated that the OCSO thinks she sold or killed Caylee, but she did not. She said the OCSO is trying to break her and make her confess to something she did not do. She said the OCSO releasing her trial documents today is another attempt to put pressure on her. Asked about the court ordered psychological testing she stated she had completed an MMPI and was told everything was normal. She has never been diagnosed with any mental health condition and does not take any medicine. We asked about drugs and she stated she was drug tested today and it was clean. When she was first taken into custody she offered to take any drug test and they did not test her. Cindy stated Casey was taken about a year ago to the hospital due to a seizure and they did a complete blood work up and not drugs were detected. Casey stated she had never been arrested prior to this charge and has no prior. We asked about the call reported in the media in which Casey was briefly on the phone with Caylee and she said the phone call was real. Next we discussed the 31 days that lapsed prior to her telling her parents. She stated she did not have a falling out with her parents, she was just living with her boyfriend. She stated when she could not find Caylee she began retracing her steps and making phone calls trying to find Zenaida. When this did not work she came home and told her parents. She admits she made some bad decisions during that time. Again due to her case she would not further elaborate on the 31 days, but her response was very weak. Cindy voiced that she is standing by Casey and they are confident Caylee will be found and this whole thing will be resolved.
(skip)
Caylee has her own room decorated in classic Pooh with photos of Caylee as a baby. When we first began the dialogue with Casey she stated she could get overly emotional about this whole thing again but she would not be able to communicate what needs to be said. Through out the evening she was very detached emotionally, appearing very cool and smooth, she talked with conviction and confidence. She repeated a couple of times that OCSO is not going to break her and she and her attorney feel confident going to court. Her responses were straightforward with very little defensiveness. This only came out when talking about OCSO handling of the case. It seems both women are very bitter and angry with the methods of the OCSO. When (interviewer)was wrapping up the conversation, Casey began to talk about all the missing children in Florida and the USA. She felt proud that the search for Caylee in on area turned up a child that was missing. She stated she has enjoyed working with all the agencies and volunteers looking for her child and that is going to be her new vocation in life. She stated that as a mother she has a gut feeling that Caylee is alive and she hopes their efforts will find her soon. She has two websites dedicated to Caylee that people have been responding. She stated the media is starting to give her more positive press coverage.

8/21/2008
Today, Mother Casey Anthony was released from jail when California Bail Bondsmen Leonard Padilla in conjunction with Miami Bondsmen Al Estes posted the 500,000 bail.

7/30/2008
Sgt Allen called about my request to interview the mother in jail and he does not want me involved at this time. Sgt Allen voiced concerns about the media stating the OCSO is using the DCF angle to further punish the family.
(skip)
The case has received a tremendous amount of local and national media attention and the OCSO has been very sensitive and selective in how they are handling the investigation.

9/11/2008
The OCSO released the original 911 calls made by Cindy Anthony to the Orlando Sentinel and media. In the first call Cindy wanted Casey arrested for grand theft due to stealing money and their car. The next call involved the disappearance of Caylee. Cindy stated Casey was originally missing and she found her, but Casey did not have Caylee. Casey stated Caylee has been missing for a month and stated the baby sitter stole her. Cindy found the car Casey was using and said, "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" Cindy later said it could have been a pizza or a dead squirrel. Casey also was heard stating Caylee has been missing for 31 days and was last seen with Zenaida Gonzalez. When asked why she waited 31 days Casey said, "I've been looking for her and have gone through other resources to try and find her, which was stupid..." Per Casey Caylee has been missing since 6/15/2008.
(skip)
The mother continues with her story the last time she saw Caylee was with the mysterious babysitter Ms. Fernandez-Gonzalez. Cindy remains steadfast that Caylee is alive and that they need to get the mother out of jail in order to find her. Judge Strickland also ordered a psychological evaluation.

7/21/2008
Cindy going on GMA this morning, it got the child's face out there on a national level. She has run all her searches and has not found anything and will continue to search on a daily basis.
(end)

I agree with P1569. ICA has a narcissistic flaw in that she wants everyone to believe what she believes. She believes she is innocent. I have a gut feeling that after sitting through countless hours of public/legal scrutiny, all the negative, bad things that will be said about her in open court.. she is going to be a ticking time bomb. She will want to tell HER side, how much she was the victim in all this. We've seen it numerous times from the minute this case hit the news. ICA has never backed down, no matter how sordid her tales got, she maintained each "lie" with a conviction.

It would be in her best interest to stay as far away from the stand as possible. Who knows, weirder things in this case have happened that left us all scratching our head. I wouldn't be surprised to see her up there though.

I agree that KC is busting at the seams to tell HER story, but I was watching her while YM was on the stand. She was relishing the fact that he was in the "hotseat" and HAD to answer her lawyers questions. She didn't have enough b_lls to look him in the eye mind you, but she was enjoying it all the same. IMO, she will never take the stand because, well number one is she has NO COURAGE, and number two she feels she owes no one an explanation for anything...and would never give JA or LDB the satisfaction of questioning her. I see her telling her story on her terms only, after the trial and sentencing, to some journalist. It will be a journalist who sympathizes with KC's point of view, (or at least pretends to).

And then - with any luck, we never hear the name Casey Marie Anthony ever again!

JMHO

I agree that KC is busting at the seams to tell HER story, but I was watching her while YM was on the stand. She was relishing the fact that he was in the "hotseat" and HAD to answer her lawyers questions. She didn't have enough b_lls to look him in the eye mind you, but she was enjoying it all the same. IMO, she will never take the stand because, well number one is she has NO COURAGE, and number two she feels she owes no one an explanation for anything...and would never give JA or LDB the satisfaction of questioning her. I see her telling her story on her terms only, after the trial and sentencing, to some journalist. It will be a journalist who sympathizes with KC's point of view, (or at least pretends to).

And then - with any luck, we never hear the name Casey Marie Anthony ever again!

JMHO

ITA. I don't think she will testify either. I don't think she feels she needs to testify, not when she can correct what everyone says into the true story in her mind that will set her free. Her attorneys are supposed to clean up her mess now. I think she really believes she can fix what everyone says from the sidelines to make it work for her and her attorneys. I think what we're seeing is desperation on her part to make whatever story she's going with work. Everyone else is wrong, and only she knows the true story. I bet she drives both Baez and Mason crazy with her constant OCD corrections. I'm waiting to hear about a large order of legal pads arriving at Baez's office for the trial. She's going to need it to last the whole two and half months at the rate she's correcting everyone. She really thinks she can armchair quaterback her way to an acquittal.

OK, well... maybe ICA should review this little gem of a clip.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLhUaYCetk&feature=related[/ame]

I get the feeling the State will play many of her interviews, so she is testifying....there is no way around the callous demeaner she has in regards to Caylee...she has cooked her goose...I hope she has condiments to make the taste of defeat taste less bitter. She's there for the long haul...she's made too many statements that center around this alleged nanny. I don't understand what the defenses angle is but it does appear they are lost. They have nothing that they can help ICA with, nothing but lies anyway...I do hope they are back at the drawing board but this go round should be the battle to get her to plead guilty and save her own sorry arse...:loser:

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I get the feeling the State will play many of her interviews, so she is testifying....there is no way around the callous demeaner she has in regards to Caylee...she has cooked her goose...I hope she has condiments to make the taste of defeat taste less bitter. She's there for the long haul...she's made too many statements that center around this alleged nanny. I don't understand what the defenses angle is but it does appear they are lost. They have nothing that they can help ICA with, nothing but lies anyway...I do hope they are back at the drawing board but this go round should be the battle to get her to plead guilty and save her own sorry arse...:loser:

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Too Funny

OK, well... maybe ICA should review this little gem of a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLhUaYCetk&feature=related

What a great video. This was within the first few days of Caylee being reported "missing" and everyone knew something horrible had happened to this poor baby girl. These are the raw emotions that were felt by all of us at the beginning of this case... it shows you just how quickly Cindy and George started to cover up for Casey.

I wish these media outlets would go back and see how they felt when this all first started and remember what all our initial reactions were... they don't need to build up stories that tug at the emotion heartstrings of their viewers by putting the defenses spin on it?

I understand that we are so close to trial and they are trying to set it up to where they can get interviews from key players in this case (it worked for Insession with the Anthony's) because they know that the witnesses that are for Team Caylee are not going to give them any interviews before this trial... so they are trying to suck up to the defense and the Anthony's... they really do know how to work these egotistical people, don't they? It's maddening!

Gah! Lola, you are so right--the media can't get the SA side to talk, so they will tear it up with the defense side while they can. I'm glad of the Sunshine Laws in Florida and actually wish more states had them--but the media maw must be fed and if the SA won't toss in a bone here and there then it's almost as if the media will punish them for their reticence.

Whatever the media does, and whatever KC does at trial (and I do not think she will have the guts to take the stand and admit the truth of what she did), I do think Caylee will speak loud and clear at trial. Her voice will sound to our ears like the voices of Linda Drane-Burdick, and Jeff Ashton, and Yuri Melich, and John Allen, and many others. But no matter who is speaking, I think it will be Caylee's voice, and Caylee's truth, that we and the jury will finally... FINALLY... hear.

:banghead: I have another question and don't know what thread it belongs in. Mods, please move if I am trespassing in a thread I don't belong! :innocent: I guess I chose this thread because if ICA were to testify, these questions about this evidence would come up.

Keeping with the clean up that CA and possibly LA (allegedly) performed with the evidence. The car, pants, garbage bag, computer, etc.

Why did the family not stage an accident with the car to destroy it and the computer, as well, where so much of the evidence originated in an attempt to protect ICA?
Like for instance, if they collectively agreed the car smelled of death, why not burn it and say it happened by vandalism or 'accident', or drive it into a lake somewhere and say it was stolen after being brought home from the tow-yard instead of feebly attempting to clean it up (impossible) . Is this because loose lipped CA had already let the cat out of the bag by saying it on the 911 tape? They had the car before finding ICA. CA, LA and GA knew something was wrong by the horrible smell which all of them admitted to smelling, and evidence of a clean up which says to me that there was action to cover almost from that very minute. How'd this all come about with the disclosure of washing the pants, and putting a knife away that was found in the trunk?

CA knew through Amy H. that ICA was alright and not someone that had been in the trunk, so the obvious conclusion was that it was Caylee since they had not seen or heard her voice in 31 days. CA had the wherewithal to clean out the car, wash the pants and attempt to scrub the spot on the carpet and GA threw garbage in the dumpster at the tow yard and drove the darn thing home. They knew then that something was very wrong.

Lee claims to be in tech working with computers. He knows as well as the rest of us that formatting that hard-drive (if that is what he indeed did) or even if Casey crashed the drive attempting to delete everything, all that info was retrievable. Pulling the drive out and destroying it, or getting rid of the computer altogether, was the only way to completely ruin any chances of collecting evidence from it's drive. The cops had no idea what systems the A's had so who would have been the wiser? Not sure just how much was on there that is valuable for trial, but all of this will collectively build the strong circumstantial case against her and hold questions that need answering if they want a not-guilty verdict. So much of that lies with ICA. Without her explanation of these things, she done.

So- to make a long winded post, longer. Why not destroy this evidence for ICA rather than try to alter it? Was this just gross ignorance of Forensics on the part of the A's? GA was law enforcement at one time. Even the worst cop will know the basics. These questions will have to be answered as to why this clean up happened. I guess they can be answered by other family members but it's going to come down to ICA filling in some gaps.

I think this begs the question, at least for me, as to when the cover up started. And will ICA be forced to get on the stand in order to clean up the mess the family's cover up caused.

What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member