100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is WildAboutTrial in the courthouse/room? if so, why do I not know this person? Can someone help me out so I can introduce myself today? :seeya:

Katie--can you find out if any of Juan's cases that are coming up will have any media coverage? I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't watch him in action in the courtroom! I guess I'll have to start paying attention to my wonderful husband again!:floorlaugh:

I actually think the questions are to fill in the gaping holes (sorry for the pun NOT) that JA and Nurmi created with their story.

Yes. There are "gaps" in the whole "foggy" story. Plus on things she DOES recall she had given two or three versions of events! I bet they do have lots of questions!

The over the top amount of questions from the Jury, a hundred of them; seriously?? This is VERY troublesome in my opinion. If the Prosecution had given their case to the extenet they should have and covered EVERY angle, explained every detail and discussed the MOTIVE behind this horrific murder, then that Jury should NOT have one question to ask. IMO, the Prosecution FAILED to give a direct motive as to WHY Arias did this. The Pro's danced around the subject but NEVER gave a complete reason. That Jury should by now have a VERY clear picture of the events that led up to the murder, the crime itself and the following time afterward. If I was the Pro's, I would be VERY worried and I am totally against Arias and I want her to get the Death Penalty, but I am not going to get my hopes up.

My opinion is this is a good thing, having this amount of questions from the jurors.
Remember in Casey Anthony's circus of a case, well, that jury didn't ask even one question!!!
I think these jurors may want to see JA answer a question without a rehearsal! JMHO

Shuze - thanks for the video. Darn it seems as though his conversation stuck with the albino snake coiling on his lap - she did shoot him in the head. Holy cow - very sad.

Seriously. Who DOES that?
From what I gather this is a BUSINESS environment for BOTH of them. Rather intimate to be LAYING in his lap.

The over the top amount of questions from the Jury, a hundred of them; seriously?? This is VERY troublesome in my opinion. If the Prosecution had given their case to the extenet they should have and covered EVERY angle, explained every detail and discussed the MOTIVE behind this horrific murder, then that Jury should NOT have one question to ask. IMO, the Prosecution FAILED to give a direct motive as to WHY Arias did this. The Pro's danced around the subject but NEVER gave a complete reason. That Jury should by now have a VERY clear picture of the events that led up to the murder, the crime itself and the following time afterward. If I was the Pro's, I would be VERY worried and I am totally against Arias and I want her to get the Death Penalty, but I am not going to get my hopes up.
IMO you are forgetting that the trial does not end here.....we still have rebuttal and CLOSING....Juan will tie is all together.....right now, we are just done with this witness....I believe it will all be very clear

I wish Juan would put together a montage of JA statements on the stand about that, and show them with a timeline graph of the pictures.

INMHO he needs a visual for the jury to see the impossibility of her story.

Also that she hacks into his facebook/myspace, stalks him and his girlfriend, slashes his tires, wrecks the BMW but dropping a camera on a bathroom mat is what makes him murderously violent?

The jury asked Detective Flores the most random stuff.
"Did you check the roommates alibis?"

I hope they've written down some BETTER questions this time, lol.
But I'm not worried.
We have DAYS to go in this trial, no point in freaking out this early.

Her fog is driving me batty. ;) She keeps using brain fog and abuse fog interchangeably and incorrectly and even mixing it with a response to trauma which doesn't fit either category!

Abuse fog is not memory loss no matter how many times Jodi tells us otherwise. ;) However, memory loss is sometimes found in abuse situations - most often in conjunction with a traumatic brain injury.

Just FWIW

She goes through the necessary steps to delete at least three photos after the murder, then goes downstairs with the camera in hand and tosses it in the washing machine. And she forgets that? Amazing if the jury buys that.

Here's one thing that brings me some satisfaction today.... You KNOW there are going to be some questions that will piss her off royally, she'll be seething I'm sure. I get a kick out of that, and also the fact that she might be forced to answer some of them. Haha

I hope so, but I'm worried that there will be many questions not allowed because Nurmi will pitch a fit over them and the judge will appease him. I don't like the fact that they get to choose which ones they are okay with and which ones they aren't. What's the point of this then? Of course they should get rid of the duplicates, but otherwise, all should be allowed in. The jury is deciding her fate after all.

She conveniently does not remember stabbing him or playing a direct role in his murder as if she thinks because she does not recall the most brutal parts of it, it exonerates her from being prosecuted for it. Makes her not look so bad? Not have to explain things that are truly beyond human?

Does she realize we know she did it, we think she is a monster, most of us would gladly assist in her punishment, and nobody believes her vulgar stories about Travis?

Again, I am perplexed why the Sheriff who refuses to feed her three times a day, has not ordered the prison barber to give her a bad pixie cut with craft scissors. She should be stripped of all the things she thinks make her look pretty. She is not pretty.

Also that she hacks into his facebook/myspace, stalks him and his girlfriend, slashes his tires, wrecks the BMW but dropping a camera on a bathroom mat is what makes him murderously violent?
Exactly!!!
I wish all of that could be brought in!!!

All of us here share a commonality in that we are avid followers of true crime and want justice. We come together here everyday for many hours to share that passion...

Emotions are running high in this case, but we are all entitled to our thoughts and opinions... As a friendly reminder, please direct your comments at the content of posts and not about the person who posted. Replies should be respectful of our differences in our point of view even when we vehemently disagree with the poster.

When Lisa was called by the defense I was really worried. The defense had managed to paint such a skewed portrait of Travis, cherry-picking an email sent in a time of anger and frustration, without allowing her to expand on it.

The jury discounted the entire defense questioning and instead asked their own questions - thought provoking, relevant questions Juan was precluded from asking himself due to the nature of the direct - that absolutely proved the jury was able to see right through the defense's antics.

I'm not worried now. Not after that. They'll go straight to the heart of the matter and ask what they need to know that neither side has addressed or she didn't answer to their satisfaction.

OK guys, help an old lady out here, I'm looking for the address for Travis' sister to send a donation, I know I saw it on the "view from the inside" thread, but I can only find the paypal one, I'd like to send a little note to Travis' family so I'd like the one that has a PO Box. Help please, thanks :)

Saw your question here and tried to find the answer but I can't at the moment. Will keep trying - didn't want you think you were being ignored!

Anybody?????

WildAboutTrial‏@WildAboutTrial

Juan just showed up with Travis' family. Nothing happening yet, won't start until later for sure. #JodiArias

I have mixed feelings about this Judge. I don't think it's good to cater to the defense needlessly. I know it's a difficult job where you're pretty much damned either way but still....

Judge Perry appeared to be a no-nonsense judge but he made the same mistake of bending backwards for the defense. Funny that Judge Strickland who didn't appear to be that strict really did the most for Caylee. And I love how he said right from the start that 'the truth and Misss Anthony are strangers". God bless him.

I have always believed that Travis thought she had left and she snuck back in.

JMO

Yup. That last full face photo of Travis looks like he is despairing that she is still there when he thought she had left.

THANK YOU for posting this!

This proves to me WITHOUT A DOUBT that she shot him after she slit his throat after she put his body BACK IN THE SHOWER.

If you watch at about 7:15 or so, they are showing where the bullet casing was found, and where she SAID she shot him. Casings come out of a gun up and to the right..... NOT LEFT.

Had she been standing in the center of the bathroom facing the closet as he was running at her, the casing would have landed around the bathtub/toilet room area. It didnt... it landed next to the wall between the sinks and the linen closet. She would have to be standing in front of the closet door facing the back right hand corner of the SHOWER for the casing to have landed where it did.

JMO - but thats pretty strong proof to me. I have always thought she shot him as a make sure kinda thing. He was probably making noises from the air escaping the throat and she shot him to be sure he was dead. As far as the way his body was found, all she would have to do after she shot him was to turn his head facing the back shower wall and walk away. I mean, face it, shes capable of slashing his throat, why woudnt she actually touch his face to turn his head away from her?

Yes, the casing could have been kicked, but I dont believe that to be the case at all. She knew where the casing landed.

Again, JMO

Jodi wrapped up her testimony yesterday and said exactly WHY she killed TA, probably the only honest thing she's said in four-and-a-half years. Paraphrasing here: "When I was backed into a corner, I didn't have any other choice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aknittedfrenzy