2009.04.01 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. My niece was born exactly 2 days before Caylee in 2005 too, and putting clear, complete sentences together by 2 and a half (so were all her little friends that were at her 3rd birthday party). GA said she would wake him up to go swimming and say "JoJo swim?" An almost 3 year old would be way past that and able to put it in a full question instead of 2 words IMO.

Well, the crap goin on in that house could have caused Caylee to be slow that way. Maybe the lil thang was scared to talk.
One of my G/Ks was late talking because big sis and bubba talked for him.

QUOTE=nssherlock;3539007]Well I seldom can understand anything the adult Anthony's are saying..........so if Caylee was behind it is certainly no wonder to me.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:[

I must make a comment I have a 3 year old Granddaughter, who has two older sisters plus 4 other Grandchildren. Her speech is far from good and I would say she is the brightest one out of them all. My daughter never took drugs and never drank and is an Education teacher herself. My son never spoke clearly until he was 5 yrs. old I've had him tested many times when he was a toddler and everyone told me not to worry he will speak when he is ready and today he is a Doctor. So please don't under estimate any child because of speech.

ITA with you. I still don't believe from what little we've seen of Caylee that she was developmentally delayed in any way. There was another comment on the book she was reading at the nursing home. A lot of children babble when pretending to read books, esp at the age Caylee is in that video. If I remember correctly, it isn't till closer to 3 1/2 that one would expect people outside of family to understand what a small child is saying most of the time. I just don't see her being delayed at all. She was extremely bright and that just shined through to me.

So was this the functionally illiterate "I ask of your help at this time" letter?
Yes. I also saw "in this manner" instead of "in this matter" in the note. And people are wondering why Caylee couldn't structure sentences better???!!! :D

At 2 yrs a child should be starting to put words together into sentences. At 3 yrs most communication should be in short sentences.
From Univ of Chic "the growing child"
Speech development is very exciting for parents as they watch their children begin to speak clearly and interact with others. While every child develops speech at his/her own rate, the following are some of the common milestones in this age group:

* should be able to say about 500 to 900 words
* speech can be understood by others
* speaks in two or three word sentences and progresses to four to five word sentences
* can remember simple rhymes or lyrics
* uses "please" and "thank you"
* refers to self by using own name
* names colors

TY for posting this. I remember a similar list for my son when he started receiving speech therapy. There's just no way for us to determine Caylee was developmentally delayed as none of these videos are true evaluations of her cognitive ability. It's just a little girl being a little girl.

I must make a comment I have a 3 year old Granddaughter, who has two older sisters plus 4 other Grandchildren. Her speech is far from good and I would say she is the brightest one out of them all. My daughter never took drugs and never drank and is an Education teacher herself. My son never spoke clearly until he was 5 yrs. old I've had him tested many times when he was a toddler and everyone told me not to worry he will speak when he is ready and today he is a Doctor. So please don't under estimate any child because of speech.
Everyone has different observations to share on this subject and I agree that you can't judge or guage what one would think is normal. Hell, my three kids all had different learning curves. My first was around all adults and had a huge vocab at an early age. My second did not talk until she was amost 2,(I was a bit concerned) but when she did she spoke in complete sentences and never stopped talking! My third laughed out loud till he had tears when he was 2 months old and also had a great ability to speak at an early age. (his older sibs were quite a few years older than he was)
That said, again, not under estimating, just wondering what kind of life Caylee was exposed to and what kind of nurturing she was deprived of in the 2 years Casey had her in tow when she was pretending to be at work.

ITA with you. I still don't believe from what little we've seen of Caylee that she was developmentally delayed in any way. There was another comment on the book she was reading at the nursing home. A lot of children babble when pretending to read books, esp at the age Caylee is in that video. If I remember correctly, it isn't till closer to 3 1/2 that one would expect people outside of family to understand what a small child is saying most of the time. I just don't see her being delayed at all. She was extremely bright and that just shined through to me.

I think we all would agree she was bright.
I, at least, just don't think she was given the loving care and attention children need from their parent(s).
Someone suggested she talked baby talk to get attention - maybe so - I think she was probably ignored a lot - even when G and CA were home - seems like there was a lot of carp going on in that house.
That one video showing her dancing in front of the TV breaks my heart - not a single word from the photographer. So sad . . .

Everyone has different observations to share on this subject and I agree that you can't judge or guage what one would think is normal. Hell, my three kids all had different learning curves. My first was around all adults and had a huge vocab at an early age. My second did not talk until she was amost 2,(I was a bit concerned) but when she did she spoke in complete sentences and never stopped talking! My third laughed out loud till he had tears when he was 2 months old and also had a great ability to speak at an early age. (his older sibs were quite a few years older than he was)
That said, again, not under estimating, just wondering what kind of life Caylee was exposed to and what kind of nurturing she was deprived of in the 2 years Casey had her in tow when she was pretending to be at work.
ITA, it is hard to gauge. My nephew is autistic and both of his sisters, non autistic, had speech delays...no problems now with speech or learning. I was born with a speech impediment and my mother said only family could understand my speech as a toddler, now I can talk your ear off, still have the impediment, but...well, now I am seriously OT.

I, at least, just don't think she was given the loving care and attention children need from their parent(s).
Someone suggested she talked baby talk to get attention - maybe so - I think she was probably ignored a lot - even when G and CA were home - seems like there was a lot of carp going on in that house.
That one video showing her dancing in front of the TV breaks my heart - not a single word from the photographer. So sad . . .
I can imagine that Casey didn't spend a lot of time talking to Caylee, especially when they were away from the Grandparents. Children depend on this for learning, and if she wasn't around other kids, I can see why her speech might have been delayed, IF it was.

The letter Casey Anthony wrote to Sheriff Beary isn't new. It was released long ago in one of the early document dumps. It was mentioned in Det. Yuri Melich's reports. The note wasn't snuck out of the jail either. Give me a break!

The Nancy Grace show producers and Nancy Grace are getting pretty sloppy with their reporting, IMO.

I love that we all can talk about these things and my own history with my son makes this a topic very close to my heart. I'm not sure that Caylee was ignored a lot by GA or CA. But not having been in their home I can't be certain. I can't even be certain what kind of relationship she had with her mother. A 2min video isn't enough to paint the whole picture for me. Sure, it bothered me that most of her videos the photographer was silent, but I've also known a lot of people who don't like to talk when they're behind a cam filming because they don't like to hear their voice so close.

I know people want to see things they've missed, something that might explain what was going on in their home. I just don't see Caylee having a speech delay. Especially not in the small amount of time the videos are running for.

I don't remember the exact words but Kiomarie said that she, Casey, and someone else would go to that area. I wonder who the third person was because they could corroborate Kiomarie's story.

Absolutely! My kids were not geniuses but they and their cousins and my friends' kids were all in pre-school at 3 or before, and were way ahead of where Caylee appeared to be. CA seemed to talk to her but who knows how many hours she spent alone with KC ignoring her.
I know all kids are different but I would think CA would have had concerns . . .

It could also be that this child heard "so many words in each sentence" that her ability to form simple sentences was delayed; or she couldn't get in more than two words at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487