2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
stevehelling Steve Helling
Something about this witness is not yet connecting with the #CaseyAnthony jurors. Yawns, looking around, leaning back.

IMO Jurors, like most people LOVE dogs and put a lot of faith in their abilities. Especially in detecting cadavers. Rightly or wrongly... EVERYONE buys into cadaver dogs:)

LDB: may I publish documents from the exhibit into evidence?

HHJP: you may

LDB: andy redman?

november 1st 2005

LDB: if I may(not near mic) even though you were under going training with outside group you were responsible for info?

yes

LDB: tell us what this info is that you put on log and reason for

who dog is who handler is the date the time and what we did that day. We trained all day because it was a seminar, sarasoda florida, search area, if target was found or not.

LDB: as far as the requirements of this school, these are the different environments the dog was exposed to in training?

a pipe a drain pipe a culvert, a field, a trailer like a portable and gravel mounds of gravel where a dumptruck had dumped gravel.

LDB: cadaver material was ultimately found?

yes

LDB: you made indication as to whether he missed?

yes, but he located all targets

LDB: you have number of searches and have total false alters to date, what is it?

that is what the box is for

LDB: next collum you have total misses is that a situation where the target, (my fault she says, thank you) okay this first box is the different search areas, this box is training locations and then circle target found in this instance Gerus found all targets?

correct

LDB: here is where there would be a false alert?

correct

LDB: whether there was something a miss?

correct

LDB: then the number of finds?

yes

LDB: this day there were eight targets and eight finds?

yes

LDB: what info is put on bottom?

weather, day the condition hot or cold, raining, humid, fog. Wind direction, speed, then comment section

LDB: your comments to the different targets used in training?

yes

LDB: all records are done like this?

yes

LDB: may I approach witness with "ns"..."ny" "oa" "ob"..."oh"...

Approaches witness

ICA gives the hairy eyeball to LDB. LDB doesn't notice (or care, IMO).

If the dog/handler exhibit(s) are at "N" does that mean the State will go until Z as far as exhibit "tags?" Does anyone know?

For SOME reason ICA really really hates the dogs. She worked furiously as a paralegal in the pretrial hearing and is back in paralegal mode full force. Odd.

I noticed that same thing. IMO...every additional bit of evidence is a rung in the ladder....the higher the State climbs.....the farther KC will fall.

Dogs are also a huge way to tie together the theory of a dead body v. a missing child and it all came back to her car.

The smell...and those dogs took that investigation in a direction that suggested a death not a missing child.

Do you think she has the list of evidence? She got a hold of something and is really more engaged than the past few days.

LDB w/Forgey

all training records to be entered into evidence....IS is reporting Forgey is the 39th witness in the trial

CFNews13Casey

On Gerus' training log notes he has had 187 finds. On one day In 8 searches, where there were 8 targets, he got 8 finds. #CaseyAnthony -fell
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad
KBelichWFTV

It appears Casey is now busy doing something at the defense desk.. Looks like there is a laptop computer in front of her
3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

All this is just to get him accepted as an expert witness though, right? Gotta plow through to get to the goods.

Something about this witness is not yet connecting with the #CaseyAnthony jurors. Yawns, looking around, leaning back.
by stevehelling via twitter at 1:56 PM

Yeah. I feel that way too.

I'm thinking maybe it's because a lot of people have heard about cadaver dogs and how they work.....or seen demo's....maybe the jury's just accepting the fact that they really do what they're trained for???

Seems like KC is getting her first look at all the discovery we've been looking over for years. LOL Halfway kidding there, but the way she's going through documents it seems like that!

Has this guy provided any evidence yet or is he still trying to qualify himself as an expert?

Not one shred of evidence yet. And I fear this background overkill is losing the jury. It's sure losing me. :(

If anyone knows how to record the dual version live webcasts of the hearings, please pm me. I can't always watch at work and want to be able to watch at night (see defense table and witness).

TIA very much

Yep, throw everything against the wall and hopefully something will stick...that is the DT strategy...

IMO They made a huge mistake by not weaving a story around the body in that car. They lost all credibility by denying it. The evidence is OVERWHELMING.

For SOME reason ICA really really hates the dogs. She worked furiously as a paralegal in the pretrial hearing and is back in paralegal mode full force. Odd.

Well, they were what got the bus rolling towards her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1