2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB is not doing well on this cross...IMO...I have started praying for the witnesses during the cross...

You know...I am going to be so ready to be done with trash...

Why does JB argue....

Thanks Baez...now you've lead me to believe Caylee also had duct tape on either her wrists or ankles or both

In closing argument the defense will explain the duct tape by saying GA staged the body to look as though it was a kidnapping - her ankles & wrists taped together and her mouth taped shut.... three pieces of duct tape. That is the reason for the Zanny the Nanny story - she was the kidnapper.

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
He says it was eerie because if that's what happened, that's what she could have looked like
15 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Our producer says it was very realistic, eerie and disturbing
28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

It showed that only one piece of duct tape would have been able to cover Caylee's nose and mouth
39 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jurors showed no visible reaction to the video showing caylee's face superimposed over her skull for scale with duct tape over that

'that specific maggot' made me laugh. I'm getting punchy

I often wonder what KC was thinking leaving the duct tape on Caylee when she dumped her. It would make sense if she used it to stage a kidnapping but if it was the murder weapon why did she leave it?

Off topic: I was watching earlier today and when Casey was speaking to Baez, he never looked at her once while she was speaking.

Has anyone else considered that maybe Casey's "sickness" was real---because she realized after hearing the testimony that the child who she had accidentally drugged and thought she had killed had actually STILL BEEN ALIVE when she wrapped that duct tape around her little head??
Even if ICA "accidentally" overdosed Caylee with chloroform and put her in a comatose state and then applied duct tape, which smothered her, it is still murder either way.

Honey is on his way home with fresh pizza pie and I'm listening about maggots:sick:

LDB
Michael Vincent - CSI w/OCSO - insects trash in pontiac sunfire.....OO and OP exhibits for identification ...approach witness...

look @ OO - OCSO records and memory - one small vial containing maggots in preserved solution - transition to Dr Neil Haskell....reference report to reflect recollection....

vial containing maggots in trash bag....collected from trash bag ...not his initials on the envelope.....scissors.....

yes these are maggots from the trash...OCSO records sent item to Dr. haskell for identification...

OP - look in package - something you collected? yes - bug insect eggs called pupae - late stage of their lifecycle....sealed by Investigator Welch and sent off to haskell by self.

cross

JB - vincent
these items taken from garbage bag - collected on 7/16? no on Aug 28th....processed veh on 7/16? no I didn't process vehicle.....on the 17th....inspected trunk and items found in trunk...ability entomology help ...later stages of pupae - stage of maggot life....determine life cycle (object- beyond scope....questio n for foundation....JB - sustained)....attempt to establish foundation....some training in emptomology...different stages maggot and other insects....take stages and give pin point to time of death....possible....aware of this evidence when car was inspected on 7/16? no ....didn't see maggot on 7/16/08 - not in trunk of car....none that I saw....saw it in garbage bag some time later.....redirect?

witness excuse.

i missed this

Baez is standing in the middle of the courtroom. Not at defense table while Vincent looks at the maggots and other insect evidenceby koestreich via mobile at 3:41 PM

LDB walks back to prosecution and says Baez has got to stop doing that. He was basically standing over her notes. by koestreich via mobile at 3:42 PM

Cross examination:

JB: theses items were taken from garbage bag, on July 16?

Vincent: No, collected on August 28, 2008.

JB; you're aware of the ability of entomology to be a useful tool for LE, right?

Yes.

JB: An entomologist can look at the stage of where maggot life is and be able to determine the life cycle of that specific maggot, correct?

I often wonder what KC was thinking leaving the duct tape on Caylee when she dumped her. It would make sense if she used it to stage a kidnapping but if it was the murder weapon why did she leave it?

I doubt she enjoyed the prospect of getting that up close and personal with her daughter at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1