2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Brandon has been as well prepped as his father. Let's hope so!

Part 4

1:57

Jury coming back (1:59)

REDIRECT EXAMINATION OF GA BY JB - continued

We left off where you had just gotten back to your home and on 12/20 there was a second search warrant. You got confrontational with the officers? Yes. You had to be removed? I was asked to step outside. You told Sgt Allen, page 79, Line 17 and 18 - take your *advertiser censored*ing.... minions and leave.

OBJECTION -

You told Sgt Allen...

OBJECTION - relevancy - SUSTAINED

They then confiscated additional items? Yes.

Next, the SAO issued a subpoena for your fingerprints?

OBJECTION - REPHRASE

I'm sure they did.

How many times have you had an investigative subpoena issued?

OBJECTION - relevancy SUSTAINED

That is not something you provided voluntarily? Your fingerprints? Yes.

This is also around when the video surfaced of DC and JH searching the woods? That's possible.

You had noticed the video and become aware. Did you ever ask DC why he searched the woods a month before Caylee was found?

OBJECTION

When the video surfaced, did you go to DC...

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He did not know anything about the video until it was released.

He did not go ask DC what he was doing in the woods in November. He was told of the video in December, but he did not get that info from DC. He has never asked DC what he was doing in the woods.

OBJECTION - asked and answered - SUSTAINED

After all the search warrants and subpoenaes, did you feel the law was closing in on you?

OBJECTION - assumes facts - OVERRULED

OBJECTION - assumes facts - rephrase

Was the pressure getting to you?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Was the pressure getting to you

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He has always tried to give al info and cooperate.

All this cooperation ended on 12/20 when he asked the OCSO to leave? The loss of my granddaughter was - to lose their granddaughter and the potential to lose their daughter...

All your cooperation ended on 12/20? I was upset that day.

He stated he has always cooperated.

On the day of his attempted suicide, you were calling everybody to let them know you were going to commit suicide?

OBJECTION - leading - SUSTAINED

You even called me? I don't know.

You called to let people know you were going to do it.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

After the alleged attempt, you immediately left the hospital to go to Putnam County to be on TV? Did you not go and have several media appearances? Not from leaving the hospital - no sir.

He stated it was not an alleged attempt - he tried to take his life - it happened.

He did not know when he was on Fox after that?

RECROSS EXAM BY JA:

You traveled to California to be on Larry King?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

The purpose was to talk about the disappearance of his granddaughter and how it affected their lives. They learned the remains had been found in the morning just prior to boarding their plane.

When they arrived back in town, they were taken to the Ritz Carlton. He did not arrange or request that. They were taken there to have a small window of privacy to be with his wife. On the plane they had a little bit of time. When they arrived, they couldn't get off the plane until everyone else did and there were numerous police officers. He couldn't say what their exact emotions were at that time. They talked to JB later that evening.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

They had dinner with JB that evening

OBJECTION BY JB - MAY WE APPROACH?

SIDEBAR #7 (2:14-2:19)

He cooperated with law enforcement, Mr. Baez and anyone who he thought had the remotest chances of finding Caylee.

On 1/20 - this was the day after it was declared that the body in the woods was Caylee?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

The anger toward law enforcement on 12/20 was the day after the body had been I.D.'d.

RE-REDIRECT BY JB

Yes, they were taken from the airport to the Ritz Carlton. He did not know who took them to the Ritz. Was it GMA who paid?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He doesn't know who paid for it?

Did you have to do anything for that stay? No. Sir. He doesn't think he has been on GMA since then.

No further questions.

Witness is excused (2:23)

WTF, Baez tries to portray this stay at the Ritz as some party time for George? my god, he found out his granddaughter was dead. HE wasn't out partying when he found out Caylee was gone, her MOTHER was!

Okay JB, EVERYONE just wanted to get famous from Caylee's death. If my child was missing, I would go on any national news station that would allow me on! Not everyone is like your precious ICA, who can't even be bothered to call 911

George done. I feel pretty strongly he did not help defense at all. I think he came across as victim
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 1:23 PM

#GeorgeAnthony looked directly at #CaseyAnthony while walking down (taking deep breaths) -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:23 PM

Is there ever going to be an end to the DT witnesses? Haven't they done enough damage to her defense as it is.

JA cross.

Mr. A. you cooperated with LE?
Yes
Did you also cooperate with Mr. Baez?
Yes.
Did you also cooperate with anybody who could help find caylee?
And December 20, it was declared that the body in the woods was in fact Caylee?
Yes.
So was this anger you expressed to LE the day after you had final confirmation that your granddaughter was dead?
Yes

Redirect

Mr. Ashton asked if you were taken in a car to the Ritz Carlton.
Yes.
That wasn't by LE was it?
I don't know.
The people who paid for you to stay at the R-C was Good Morning America?
I don't know. I don't remember.
You had no idea who picked up the tab?
No.
Have you since then been on GMA?
I don't think so. I don't ever remember being on GMA.

GA off the stand.

The estranged son of RK, who I believe was said to have not seen his father since he was eight, is up.

Wow, JB is really jealous George got to stay in Ritz Carlton.

What else this line of questioning established, I don't know.

I suppose JB would prefer that the bereaved grandparents that get invited to some function or other would get housed in a lousy little shack with scorpions in the bathroom, and have their credit cards stolen.

Those guards jump up when GA walks by ICA. I think it is funny. jmo

Hi peeps!

If you are contemplating typing a post involving any sort of violent physical contact between yourself and any player in this case, PLEASE step away from the computer and fling a pillow at the wall instead.

Trust me, from the number of posts I've had to remove, you are not alone in your thinking. But wishing violence on players is against TOS.

:tyou:

MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
Patented cross examination strategy designed by Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez: "If something isn't working...keep doing it."
6 minutes ago

How does the ritz and tv appearances have anything to do with the murder of Caylee. Stop projecting JB!! you are the money hongrayyy one who has done all the media rounds and made this about you you you. OMG please someone for the love of all that is good in this world, prevent this man from ever being in a court of law again. Well unless hes in cuffs that is. sorry off to my corner now. uggghhh!

I believe JB's intentions with all these seemingly stupid questions is to get GA to lose his temper and explode in front of the jury.
We have seen GA's temper per videos outside his house, but has the jury?
Then he will use that in his closing to support how poor ICA was scared of him
and GA took over cleaning up after ICA.

Anyone get what I mean? JMMO

I think this was it exactly. He really wanted George to start yelling or have some kind of fit so the jury can see "GA's not just a docile, doting grandpa!" he's a violent child molester. Even if he just lost control for a moment, they would see it.

HE'S DONE. Oh goody, subject to recall by the defense recall. Is Cindy still in court? I'm quite worried about George. His state of mind is atrocious and he needs love and support right now. I'm not sure he has that.

GeorgeAnthony looked right at #CaseyAnthony she kept head down. Kronk's son Brandon Sparks next.
by bobkealing via twitter at 1:23 PM

Brandon Sparks, Roy Kronk's son, is defense's next witness.
by Jessica Steck/WESH.com at 1:23 PM

I learned that I pray never to know the depth of pain that GA has felt!

Mark Nejame thinks that defense is done after today....

MarkNeJame
Defense has taken a shotgun blast to the heart of their case and can't survive @OSCaseyAnthony @drdrew @issueswithjvm @vinniepolitan @hlntv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89