CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, how cute your avatar is! I love it. I'll post some links. Hope you'll chime in and share your thoughts as you get more comfortable. There's some great people here. Well, it's late, I'm going to turn in now. Good Night.

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Maya Millete | Facebook

Listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

i
Oh, how cute your avatar is! I love it. I'll post some links. Hope you'll chime in and share your thoughts as you get more comfortable. There's some great people here. Well, it's late, I'm going to turn in now. Good Night.

Maya Millete | Facebook

Listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

I really do hope that LM had nothing to do with MM disappearance and that he is innocent for the sake of those kids. But This case doesn’t sit well with me.

My prayers to her family especially to her beautiful kids. Praying that she is still alive I’m a mother of 3 and I would never leave my kids, NEVER!!

I think everyone is having a hard time understanding the early morning excursion to the beach with such a young child, including me.

Considering the wife went missing in this same timeframe, it is natural that we question what prompted him to leave so early, and with the young boy.
In my mind, there are three possibilities:

1. Purpose as stated; an excursion to the beach with his son
2. Purpose was to conceal something; son used as excuse / decoy
and 3. (What I have eluded to, but haven't explicitly stated in previous posts) He intended to self harm

We have seen scenario 3 in other domestic situations.
I still do not have a firm position on LM, and await info from LE. Just considering all possibilities.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
i

I really do hope that LM had nothing to do with MM disappearance and that he is innocent for the sake of those kids. But This case doesn’t sit well with me.

My prayers to her family especially to her beautiful kids. Praying that she is still alive I’m a mother of 3 and I would never leave my kids, NEVER!!
Neither would Maya ... :(

Not the OP, but calling them “our girls” and “our son” would at least implicitly acknowledge that the children are not solely his!
Because his wife is missing under suspicious circumstances I can understand your POV. Without this context, I wouldn't think much of it.

Amateur opinion and speculation

snipped to reply...No one would go up into the San Miguel trail after dark by themselves even if it was around the corner from the house just to 'blow off steam'.
Thank You for posting and sharing what you think. So, no one walks around there at night? It's such a populated, nice looking, I thought safe, neighborhood. Is it that dangerous at night? So, you don't think Maya went for a hike after the argument to blow off steam? I hate hearing about those car thefts there. (BTW, my son & family lives in CV on the west side of I805. There's really lots of different sections to CV, huh.)
...As I mentioned in a previous post, we've had a rash of car break-ins over the past year or more. It seems almost every morning a Ring video from the night before shows up on the neighborhood app. It appears that someone called in a suspicious car sighting and then a shots fired call. If thieves had been trolling Maya's street there would have been videos posted.
This part of your post made me hopeful that there's many ring doorbell cameras around Maya's neighborhood and LE might be able to piece together whether she left voluntarily or never left walking out of that house. (I don't know though if she left the back way towards that canyon area if there'd be cameras.) But maybe a neighbor might have LM loading up the Lexus for that ten hour beach trip. Yes, I also said Coronado Beach would make more sense. So much closer.

People DO walk around there in the mornings and evenings, but they walk on the sidewalks and the walking/running paths. Those paths parallel the sidewalks or become the sidewalk (they wanted to make this area look like the countryside with paths and trails - but they are just really landscaped sidewalks). The San Miguel trail is a dirt trail that goes up into the hillside - think hiking trail - with no lights and only trees and shrubs and coyotes ahead. Maya's home is just around the corner from the trailhead but no sane person would just walk up there after dark alone.

The main street closest to her home leads to the south into the larger neighborhood and to the north into the north entrance to the 125 toll road or further to Proctor Valley. It's completely paved through Proctor Valley now, and the further north one goes it leads into Bonita, an older horse community. It's also the way a lot of folks in the neighborhood drive to get to the 54 or 805 freeways if they don't want to pay the toll for the 125. I'm sure police have already checked their SBX125 accounts for any usage of the road using transponders. But yes, lots of people have Ring type cameras here.

Thank You for posting and sharing what you think. So, no one walks around there at night? It's such a populated, nice looking, I thought safe, neighborhood. Is it that dangerous at night? So, you don't think Maya went for a hike after the argument to blow off steam? I hate hearing about those car thefts there. (BTW, my son & family lives in CV on the west side of I805. There's really lots of different sections to CV, huh.)
This part of your post made me hopeful that there's many ring doorbell cameras around Maya's neighborhood and LE might be able to piece together whether she left voluntarily or never left walking out of that house. (I don't know though if she left the back way towards that canyon area if there'd be cameras.) But maybe a neighbor might have LM loading up the Lexus for that ten hour beach trip. Yes, I said Coronado too. So much closer.

Remember when Josh Powell went camping in the freezing winter in the middle of the night with his two young sons. The night his wife went missing. Yeah, reminds me of that.

moo

I was totally thinking the same thing. It's easy to hide what's going on with a 4 year old. The 9 and 11 year olds, not so much.

Maya Millete | Facebook

Listen here:

i

Maya Millete | Facebook

Listen here:

I really do hope that LM had nothing to do with MM disappearance and that he is innocent for the sake of those kids. I’m sure many people (including myself) assumed he’s guilty because of his words/actions. I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt

My prayers to her family especially to her beautiful kids. Praying that she is still alive
Neither would Maya ... :(

Remember when Josh Powell went camping in the freezing winter in the middle of the night with his two young sons. The night his wife went missing. Yeah, reminds me of that.

moo

Yes! Ridiculous story he gave :mad:.
The fan running in the house on a wet spot. Oh Lord, that case broke our hearts. I thought Susan would be found soon in 2009, and she :( still hasn't been found.

LM said he last physically saw MM Thursday correct? Did he mentioned if he saw her leave to so called
No, LM never says where Maya went after the argument. He just goes into giving her space again. I wanted to hear if she stomped out of the room to her locked bedroom or exactly how their argument ended, but he left out every single important detail, IMO.

Here you go:

“Her family is waiting for her her kids. They’re waiting for their mommy. My mom and my dad have been devastated. With all this… the heartache, heartbreak, I couldn’t even like look at them because they’re devastated,” said Drouaillet.

“She loves our family. She loves her kids,” May’s sister said. “Friday January 8th, we didn’t get anything from her at all like [she’s] just the type of person [that’s] always online.”

“He was saying, ‘Maybe she just went out for, you know, we have friends or to kind of blow off some steam,’ but they did have a big fight on Thursday night. So he didn’t seem like that worried,” Drouaillet said.

“Unfortunately, there are things we can’t share if it’s determined that Maya is a victim of crime then the case is even more important, so we don’t want to jeopardize or compromise the integrity of the investigation, but were doing everything we can and we need the community, the public’s help. Any information, any and all leads,” said Lt. Miriam Foxx with the Chula Vista Police Department.

“Miracles do happen sometimes, you know, and we just got to keep that faith,” said Richard Drouaillet. bbm
Former Hawaii mother of three missing in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member