Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they dug up the back yard. I don't think they did any digging in the front. It would have been pretty difficult to bury two bodies in plain site of the road and neighbors. It looks like they dug in any areas that looked disturbed, and also the area in front of the detached garage. Imo
I think it's important to note that in addition to recovering the boys, LE is also looking for evidence depicting a crime or evidence used to commit a crime including electronics, tools, weapons, etc.

Thanks @swedeheart for posting Mike King's Choir Practice episode as it answered a question in the back of my mind about the West family property.

From the real estate listing, I learned that the home was marketed as having paid solar (roof panels) meaning no PG & E utility bills. I suspect that at one time, the residence may have been a "grow house" based on both the solar panels and Mike's analysis that the earlier dig holes seemed to outline legs for growing tables.

To be clear, I'm not speculating the West family were involved in growing marijuana but that this property may have had a history of growing MJ. This is interesting to me because the family only lived in the home for about 12 weeks, and I'm curious about whether the home could have been visited by individual(s), offender(s), unaware that ownership changed.

Does somebody want us to think this was a crime of opportunity?

MOO

Thanks @swedeheart for posting Mike King's Choir Practice episode as it answered a question in the back of my mind about the West family property.

From the real estate listing, I learned that the home was marketed as having paid solar (roof panels) meaning no PG & E utility bills. I suspect that at one time, the residence may have been a "grow house" based on both the solar panels and Mike's analysis that the earlier dig holes seemed to outline legs for growing tables.

To be clear, I'm not speculating the West family were involved in growing marijuana but that this property may have had a history of growing MJ. This is interesting to me because the family only lived in the home for about 12 weeks, and I'm curious about whether the home could have been visited by individual(s), offender(s), unaware that ownership changed.

MOO
I wonder whether the fencing and desire for privacy was about maintaining a new grow area.. planting season was over in Sept but back again next march, if it's the same in US?

42 Days. Where are the boys? I hope the other children are safe, well, happy and receiving some counseling. We don’t know the ages of the other set of adopted boys but the oldest is 10. The 10 year old could probably provide answers and details which were helpful. Do they keep siblings together while in DCS custody? Do they have one particular person assigned to the siblings? How does it work? Is it set up like a daycare?

Bakersfield Police Department

Bwahahaha! I'm sorry but that was funny. (gravity) :p:oops: LOL

Yes, I think the residents have been criticized for the condition of their yard and this is the reaction they received when they tried to clean it up.

She said there were no police officers out there! OHHHHHHHHH MY! Wait...why would police officers be there? Is it their job to assist residents in hauling off trash?

She said the residents of the home were taking video and threatening them. Really? YOU are surveilling THEIR home and YOU'RE the one who feels threatened?

The residents called BPD. I see. And that suggests to you that they were doing something nefarious? :confused:

She said the BPD stated they are not on the case. Well, that's not what the Chief of Cal City PD said. BPD provided a CSI unit when the home was searched. It has been reported that evidence from that search would be examined by BPD. And BPD Chief Terry was interviewed by KGET and said they were assisting. I'm going to take the word of two police chiefs. Sorry not sorry.

She says she was told LE hasn't done a search there or at the previous residence (Casa Loma Apts). Perhaps she doesn't know that a search warrant is required and LE can't just go about searching every family member's home willy nilly. And, the Cal City Chief said the previous address was searched, IIRC.

She says the house where all this occurred is the adopted dad's house and then struggles to even remember/pronunciate his name. She then adds mom and stepdad. Does Trezell have a stepdad? (n/m - don't answer that - sleuthing family.)

She said they put some drywall into the back of a red pickup truck which drove away and came back about 30 minutes later. Oh, and they've been helping them for the last two days to get rid of stuff. Maybe the homeowner finally has some help on hand to clean up the yard. Isn't that a good thing? If I lived next door I would be greatly appreciative.

She went to Cal City to search. "We had people lookin' at us strange." "Cars lookin' at us." o_O No one asked if they wanted help and she wants to know why this is such a secret. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

She hasn't seen any police at the Casa Loma location therefore they were never there. Whatever. Maybe she should take a break from stalking and watch the news once in awhile.

They videotaped the police officers who responded to the call! :eek:

She wants to know why "they" (I never did figure out who "they is") can't get answers. Well I can understand that; we all want answers. However, it is not her job to investigate. Someone needs to explain to her, "you not da popo, k?"

I apologize for my sarcasm. I can't stand this kind of stuff. Let the authorities handle it for crying out loud! MOO
Brilliant! Thanks @PommyMommy:)

Last edited:

MOO
Yes, in the real estate listing it indicated that the house had previously been a medical marijuana grow house and had been thoroughly inspected since then. I'm assuming the previous owners had a license and were not operating illegally, but I guess it still might play a role. Imo

I think that possibly that home was used as a distraction . To throw LE off ... to get them to focus there !!!
Moo
I'm thinking the same thing. I hope LE is watching other properties,and activities. Not much from CPS. Gee I wonder why that is. It's not a lost watch missing, there are two littles. Vulnerable, helpless, dependant on Grown ups. MOO

I wonder whether the fencing and desire for privacy was about maintaining a new grow area.. planting season was over in Sept but back again next march, if it's the same in US?
I was wondering if the plants had been grown outside but a poster said they were more likely grown inside by hydroponics. I think in California they are allowed up to six plants at a time and in some cities growing outside is prohibited. However that doesn't necessarily mean nothing was grown out there. It does look like something had been growing there at some time. Maybe the previous owners had a vegetable garden, although I don't how well it would do in that kind of soil.

I'm thinking the same thing. I hope LE is watching other properties,and activities. Not much from CPS. Gee I wonder why that is. It's not a lost watch missing, there are two littles. Vulnerable, helpless, dependant on Grown ups. MOO
CPS cannot talk about the case because their investigation is confidential. They can only release information to LE. The chief said they were in regular communication with them so I would hope they are sharing any significant details. The children may end up being the most important witnesses. Imo

I feel like we are being harsh on the bio family/neighbors a bit. It has been more than a month and no real progress. The timeline is not uncommon, but when its your family or your neighborhood its scary and seems like a lifetime. I don't know how I would react especially if you have the police digging up backyards and these folks just going about their daily lives, even if they have a right to do so.

I do feel like LE is grasping a little bit at this point. Nothing was found in all the outdoor searches, they collected evidence inside and out...and as far as the public knows nothing substantial was found.
Here is the thing that I'm confused about...the chief suspects foul play, but why? What has led him to believe that pretty much from the first night? He said the boys didn't wonder off alone , and they have not asked the public to be on the lookout for suspicious vehicles??

He asked TW and JW to take a poly....him not saying what that outcome was definitely tells me they didn't pass if they took at all. They still have other tech devices but their phones...why? is something on the ipads? NO one has claimed the reward ....that means not many people know.

MOO

IMO it virtually HAS to be foul play.

No one is claiming accidental deaths.

If these were TEENAGE boys, you could argue that it's POSSIBLE they left of their own accord, by imaginary tunnel....

But a 3 and 4 year old? They're not good at disappearing themselves. And really bad at walking away from one life to start another on their own.

So someone helped make them unfindable.

And THAT has all the markings of a crime.

Foul play.

JMO

I feel like we are being harsh on the bio family/neighbors a bit. It has been more than a month and no real progress. The timeline is not uncommon, but when its your family or your neighborhood its scary and seems like a lifetime. I don't know how I would react especially if you have the police digging up backyards and these folks just going about their daily lives, even if they have a right to do so.
I'm sure they are frustrated. Everyone is. But following the family around, yelling at them and recording them, trespassing, throwing rocks at windows and videotaping and criticizing police is not going to help find the boys. Spreading rumors or speculating to the media is not helping. That's just common sense.

Why assume LE is not doing anything or is being secretive? They can't release too much information because they don't want to jeopardize the investigation. In fact I think the police chief has been very generous agreeing to be interviewed so many times.

It seems the Wests have already been found guilty in the court of public opinion and the community has contributed to that. That could be very useful to a defense attorney. I don't see how they will ever get a fair trial if this continues.

Imo

They'll get a fair evidence-based trial, if it goes to trial, because they won't put on trial without sufficient evidence, IMO.

Keep hoping there will be enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt who took these little boys...
True, we don't know what evidence LE has or even if it leads to the parents. They need to find the boys or someone needs to come forward. That may not happen for a long time, if at all. They might be building a case based on circumstantial evidence, but still need something solid. Imo

IMO it virtually HAS to be foul play.

No one is claiming accidental deaths.

If these were TEENAGE boys, you could argue that it's POSSIBLE they left of their own accord, by imaginary tunnel....

But a 3 and 4 year old? They're not good at disappearing themselves. And really bad at walking away from one life to start another on their own.

So someone helped make them unfindable.

And THAT has all the markings of a crime.

Foul play.

JMO
Exactly !! And who is covering for who ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay