Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: A spokesman for Baez confirmed that they have received all kinds of offers some over $1 million for book rights, movie rights, even some sort of pay per view special.

So far, spokesman Todd Black said all they're doing is listening to those offers and filing them away.

However, he said, a defense fund for Casey Anthony has been established. A Web site is being put together and might consider taking one of those offers to fund Casey Anthony's defense, depending how expensive that defense effort will be.

http://www.wesh.com/video/17433249/index.html
Casey Anthony offered more than $1M to tell story, Todd Black talks.
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Whether or not what TB says is the truth, hopefully the Judge will be reminded of what the Casey's spokesperson has conveyed to the media/public. Sounds like Casey has the ability to make money, but just isn't doing so, and perhaps a lien of sorts could be imposed against her future earnings.

I have been following this case from the beginning, and this is certainly news to me (re: Casey's check to Baez bouncing). Do we know this to be a fact? I wasn't even aware that Casey had a checking account?

I am not doubting you, just very interested if this is for sure a fact.

TIA

No, I heard, IIRC, LP state that and I do believe I heard that on NG or the Levi show..it struck me as odd that but somethings LP states wind up being told as true...so, I'm not trying to start a rumor and I have followed this case very closely from the beginning as well and I still hear things that are new and give me that aha moment...so don't take it as fact...

Diane Fanning said on Levi page's show said that someone in New York has been paying for the defense so far. She said she has a very good source and that she sat in an office with someone who claims to have been the intermediary between Baez and who is paying.

I've never heard someone in NY is funding Inmate Anthony's defense. I've heard an anonymous donor from Connecticut has been...more controversy, and controversy sells, IMO..there are too many incredulous people involved in Inmate Anthony's defense/life..seems she's found an ally in Baez who is enabling her to continue her path as she has all her life. When will she take responsibility for her own actions???Never, it's not in her to do so. Even as she pleaded guilty to the fraud charges, has she not been caught on camera, she'd never admit to any of her faults...JMHO

Let`s take the relationship between Jose Baez and this PR firm that has come under fire lately. In a statement, Press Corps Media seeks to clear up some confusion. Quote, "Press Corps Media is paid by a family who took an interest in this case and is not paid by Mr. Baez. Our services are of no major consequence to this case. We simply answer media calls, provide information, and/or arrange interviews."

Well, that to me is pretty consequential. But what`s up with this mystery family, who Jose Baez`s attorney says is a Connecticut family who is sympathetic to the plight of Ms. Anthony and her family?

First of all, Amy Green, have you heard anything about this mystery Connecticut family that has been picking up some bills here?

GREEN: I just know from court documents and from interviews with Todd Black that this is a family in Connecticut that took an interest in the case, perhaps by watching it on CNN or perhaps, you know, seeing it in other media outlets.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, that is fascinating to me, Sharon Liko. Have you ever heard of a family in Connecticut somewhere out there deciding, "Well, you know what? I`m going to pay for the public relations firm of the attorney representing this defendant"?

LIKO: I have not heard that. But I have heard that everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame. And whether you can...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But they`re anonymous.

LIKO: You can get that by your name on the front lines or you can be doing it behind the scenes, but your friends know that you`re doing it behind the scenes. I mean, things are going on in this case that are completely ridiculous, that wouldn`t go on in any other case if it was just John Q. Public who had no money, who had nothing that was celebratory. I mean, you wouldn`t hear anything about it. You wouldn`t be -- people wouldn`t be marching up to the front lines and taking their shots.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Let me ask you this, Paul. Considering that this unidentified Connecticut family is paying for that, could they also be paying for this very high profile defense team?

CALLAN: Well, they could be, but I think it`s as unlikely. My bet is that this PR firm is too embarrassed to admit that they`re just doing this for free because they want the publicity, so it`s very easy to have an unnamed Connecticut family that`s funding you.

So I`d like to see who the Connecticut family is and whether they really exist or not.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/04/ijvm.01.html

If this Connecticut donor is true, it's going to have to be revealed at the indigency hearing..Can't wait!

Justice for Caylee

:waitasec: I am confused the defense says that Casey has not received any funds. Where did the $200,000 come from? Baez claims he has spent around $100,000 on her defense already. Where did that money come from? I am so confused...:banghead: how can they claim they spent X amount of dollars, yet also claim she has not received any income?

"Snip" http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/17/florida.casey.anthony.broke/?hpt=Sbin
The Justice Administrative Commission, the state agency that oversees funding, has voiced opposition, saying in court papers it has "severe concerns" about whether Anthony qualifies for financial assistance.

"Miss Anthony has received no income during the time she has been incarcerated," her defense maintains.

Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney, and Chicago death penalty attorney Andrea Lyon argue in their four-page motion that they are not asking the state to pay their legal fees but to assist with funding for other costs to defend Anthony.

http://www.wesh.com/video/17433249/index.html
Casey Anthony offered more than $1M to tell story, Todd Black talks.
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Whether or not what TB says is the truth, hopefully the Judge will be reminded of what the Casey's spokesperson has conveyed to the media/public. Sounds like Casey has the ability to make money, but just isn't doing so, and perhaps a lien of sorts could be imposed against her future earnings.

I wondered if the judge might determine that she still has to pay, because she was able to make money in the past (as often done in child support cases when the non-custodial parent loses a job or claims to have no money).
Then I remember that any money KC earns is blood money. I am not from Florida, but if I were, I would rather pay tax dollars for her defense than know that she was out there earning money on Caylee's murder.
However, if the money has already been earned and is being held, I suppose she needs to go ahead and use it, because I am equally against her actually profitting from this later-If it is found that she does have a contractual claim to any future money, I hope the state makes her use it and I hope the defense charges her a fortune. Or perhaps Zenaida will be awarded more than the low baseline damages she is asking for.

:waitasec: I am confused the defense says that Casey has not received any funds. Where did the $200,000 come from? Baez claims he has spent around $100,000 on her defense already. Where did that money come from? I am so confused...:banghead: how can they claim they spent X amount of dollars, yet also claim she has not received any income?

Well technically, KC does not have any cash on her person, soooooo.....And just in case the Treasury Dept. is listening, JB should really make sure to clarify that KC has $0 net income.
Just for fun, cause I'm sure we would know this already, but I will go look and make sure that Ms. Hotpants didn't incorporate herself. Then, literally, KC would not have been paid, though KC, Inc. may have been.

Update: No incorporation that I can find
http://www.sunbiz.org/corioff.html

My opinion only, but I think Baez is using "lawyer speak" when he says Casey has had no income since she was incarcerated. I read it to mean, since she has been in jail since October 14th. However, it could very well be that she did receive the "income" while she was out on bond (the $200,000) for pictures or fees.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat with the rest of you for the hearing tomorrow. I just hope someone remembers to bring the popcorn.

No, I heard, IIRC, LP state that and I do believe I heard that on NG or the Levi show..it struck me as odd that but somethings LP states wind up being told as true...so, I'm not trying to start a rumor and I have followed this case very closely from the beginning as well and I still hear things that are new and give me that aha moment...so don't take it as fact...

Thanks Luv... I will try to see if I can find something on it because it would be very interesting if true. I know how frustrating it is to hear something and then not be able to find it later. I swear I heard LP state that Casey's money was stolen from her when she was in jail the first time. I have not heard anyone else comment on this, but I know I heard it. I remember wondering at the time if that stolen meant that CA and GA recieved monies that Casey felt should have gone to her? I also remember at one time there was a discussion where CA claimed she felt the pictures belonged to her as exclusive property and Casey did not agree. Again, no specific link, just going by memory, so I can relate to you.

Will let you know if I find anything.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered but does anyone know what time the hearing is tomorrow?

It was arranged and deposited when she was out on bail?

Thanks Luv... I will try to see if I can find something on it because it would be very interesting if true. I know how frustrating it is to hear something and then not be able to find it later. I swear I heard LP state that Casey's money was stolen from her when she was in jail the first time. I have not heard anyone else comment on this, but I know I heard it. I remember wondering at the time if that stolen meant that CA and GA recieved monies that Casey felt should have gone to her? I also remember at one time there was a discussion where CA claimed she felt the pictures belonged to her as exclusive property and Casey did not agree. Again, no specific link, just going by memory, so I can relate to you.

Will let you know if I find anything.

can't remember the source but recall convo as well.....

Yes, and she states that on the affidavit for indigency. This means that she's been indigent all along and should have been assigned a public defender..

So who was paying Baez and costs for Lyon?

Perhaps someone can answer this: at the indigency hearing, what is the prosecution's role? Or do they have one?

I was trying to remember if ever mom and pop ventured away from their we don't know how Mr. Baez is being paid claim and found one article. It is not a direct quote but the author wrote this:

The pair says they have faith in their daughter and are paying for her attorney

http://www.wftv.com/news/16924162/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/16924162/detail.html
Now this quote has me in stitches...Cindy speaking of Casey

"And she feels compelled to put the blame on herself than some other person," said Cynthia. "That's the type of person Casey is."

I have been following this case from the beginning, and this is certainly news to me (re: Casey's check to Baez bouncing). Do we know this to be a fact? I wasn't even aware that Casey had a checking account?

I am not doubting you, just very interested if this is for sure a fact.

TIA

I heard that too. The other thing I heard was that AH was missing a check that did not show up. So you don't think.....nah.....KC wouldn't have done that, do you think? Now that would really be funny. JMO

You know, I've thought initially they covered the bounced check Inmate Anthony alleged gave to Baez when she first was arrested, the check did bounce. Which would be a reason for them to go into foreclosure due to JAC requirements and if they initially paid for their daughters defense, maybe they would be on the hook for the remainder?? Which maybe why JAC has serious concerns on Inmate Anthony's indigency status.

IDK, but Thursday is approaching fast and I can't wait to see this play out in the courtroom.

Baez stayed on as her lawyer after finding out the check she wrote him bounced, NSF.?
He knew early on (July 08, August the latest IMO) that she could not pay him...

I hope tomorrows hearing about how Casey paid Baez and where the money came from starts with this bounced check and goes on or "snowballs" from there.

I heard that too. The other thing I heard was that AH was missing a check that did not show up. So you don't think.....nah.....KC wouldn't have done that, do you think? Now that would really be funny. JMO

You know what ~ there was a check number missing! And of course, we don't think Baez would ever tell now do we...... HUMMMMMMM makes you kind of wonder.

Would Baez have to reveal if he was involved in any selling of Caylee's pictures? Do the anonymous "contributors" to kc's defense have to be revealed? Does JB have to reveal the alleged NSF check? If GA & CA contributed to her defense, wouldn't it be prudent for them to have paid the $ on the defense costs vs. on their own home mortgage payment? Could they have signed over the mortgage as a retainer for defense fees and now the defense is forced to push for cash and this was a ploy to declare KC indigent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..