Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk. I haven't had Verizon, but I think if you can still receive calls, then they could leave a vm. You probably wouldn't be able to retrieve it though.

What you've said agrees with my experience with Verizon. Callers can leave a message, but the message can't be retrieved on a restricted phone. All MOO

How do we know that the phones weren't 'restricted' for the 90 days already and just that day went to total disconnect??

We have to go by what the attorneys are saying, right? Picerno said DB's phone was restricted and could take incoming calls. He then states that JI's call to DB went to a Verizon message saying the phone is inoperable. I've pointed this out several times before, in the interview with Fox that indepmo posted above. It's like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1270739314001/exclusive-cell-phone-records-released-of-irwin-family

Where's the smoking gun at here? This is clear evidence that JI's call to DB should have went through to DB, not the Verizon call center!

Meanwhile, 2 minutes into the first video on this page http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/ Picerno states "Jeremy tried to contact her early in the evening to tell her that he was gonna be late coming home, uh, it went direct to, uh, the Verizon message stating it was inoperable"

So BS says the phones were redlined the afternoon of October 3rd and could receive incoming calls but could not make calls, JP states JI called DBs phone from work (his work phone) and it went to the call center.

respectfully snipped

bbm

Bravo, indemo, bravo!

This complicated phone mess is really quite simple. The attorneys/Stanton attempted to use smoke and mirrors regarding the phones, and they fell on their sword.

But what does it matter, anyway? Right now, they're winning. No one's searching for baby Lisa, no arrests have been made, and the clock is still ticking.

I am so confused, why would jeremy call deborah's phone that is supposedly not working. what was the point of her getting a loaner phone in the first place?
I guess she had no intentions of having her phone service restored, transferring all those #'s or jeremy wasn't going to pay a bill that was not his since he had a work phone to use.
Just weird that she would buy wine instead of paying a phone bill but then again that was her decision she has different priorities then I do

I am so confused, why would jeremy call deborah's phone that is supposedly not working. what was the point of her getting a loaner phone in the first place?
I guess she had no intentions of having her phone service restored, transferring all those #'s or jeremy wasn't going to pay a bill that was not his since he had a work phone to use.
Just weird that she would buy wine instead of paying a phone bill but then again that was her decision she has different priorities then I do

I agree. It makes more sense that JI would call his own cell phone if it was at home to reach DB, unless that one was also on limited service.

The latest Verizon "info" I can really discuss without calling them and asking questions would be in regards to a family member who had their service.

The phone was past due by about two months, with small payments being made. At that point, they restricted the service and for a month could only receive calls and receive texts. Nothing outgoing worked. This is a 90 day window before the phone was totally deactivated.

The statement about JI calling the night of the 3rd and the call going to the Verizon call center doesnt add up based on the info I just relayed.

Going further into this off of the unvalidated information provided by their attorneys, BS stated 55 seconds into this video "the phones were redlined", calls could be received, but not made.

Why would JI not have been able to get ahold of DB since he was calling from his WORK phone that was functional when she could receive calls?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1270739314001/exclusive-cell-phone-records-released-of-irwin-family

Where's the smoking gun at here? This is clear evidence that JI's call to DB should have went through to DB, not the Verizon call center!

Meanwhile, 2 minutes into the first video on this page http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/ Picerno states "Jeremy tried to contact her early in the evening to tell her that he was gonna be late coming home, uh, it went direct to, uh, the Verizon message stating it was inoperable"

So BS says the phones were redlined the afternoon of October 3rd and could receive incoming calls but could not make calls, JP states JI called DBs phone from work (his work phone) and it went to the call center.

We keep using the word 'call center'. The call did not go to a call center, it went to a recorded message saying in essence 'the phone (or number) is not available at this time'. I think there are more reasons why that message happens beyond the phones being restricted. Also, did JP say that JI called from his 'work phone'? I heard him say he called from work, but not the words 'work phone'.

I am confused as well. When the whole stolen/broken/restricted/borrowed phone story emerged, my first thought was that this was an effort to hide evidence. I also thought DB's statement that the phones were stolen so they couldn't call 911 was strange. Not that they couldn't call 911 because the phones were stolen, but that the intent of the thief was to prevent them from calling 911. Then when both the parents and their attorneys said the phones were restricted, I assumed this had to be true because why would anyone put out a story that could easily be refuted? Then there's the conflicting account of JI's call going to the service center and all the tv news stories that implied that the call from DB's phone was actually answered. I'd really like to know when JI called. I'd also like to know if neighbor SB's phone records were accessed by LE. I don't recall LE ever stating anything about the phones being restricted. I still think it more likely than the phones were restricted, but now I am back to wondering if they really were. All MOO.

We keep using the word 'call center'. The call did not go to a call center, it went to a recorded message saying in essence 'the phone (or number) is not available at this time'. I think there are more reasons why that message happens beyond the phones being restricted. Also, did JP say that JI called from his 'work phone'? I heard him say he called from work, but not the words 'work phone'.

Are you saying JI's call went to a this number is not available recording based on the inference that it must be the case because incoming calls could be placed or has this version been reported somewhere?

Are you saying JI's call went to a this number is not available recording based on the inference that it must be the case because incoming calls could be placed or has this version been reported somewhere?

The statement that JI's call went to the "message center" or "call center" is incorrect.

Paraphrasing here, but his lawyer said that JI tried to call home and got the Verizon message that the call could not go through.

That was later interpreted as "got the Verizon message center", which is not what was said. It has become one of those non-facts that are accepted as fact in this case.

I'll look for the link, unless Speedy-Nina beats me to it, lol!

ETA: This is from the examiner, but it refers to the Fox/Picerno interview.

“This phone problem,” Picerno continued, “that they had was when the phones were cut off and could only receive incoming phone calls and incoming texts from early afternoon. She received, her husband, not her husband but her fiancé Jeremy tried to contact her early in the evening to tell her that he was going to be late coming home. It went direct to the Verizon message stating that the phone is not operable.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...s-on-baby-lisa-s-mom-s-cell-phone-really-mean

Can't we deduce that it had to be his work phone, or Starbuck's phone, or someone else's phone, otherwise his restricted personal phone wouldn't have been at home for the intruder to steal?

The phone he was trying to reach could have been uncharged or out of reception but it was the same phone that was charged and had reception when someone attempted to call MW's number and check voice mail, wasn't it?

I was referring to JP's own words. He didn't use the word 'call center', he said JI's call went to a message. It also would be the only explanation that makes sense as to how he could of called the phone and it not go through.

JP: It went straight to the verizon message saying the phone was not operable.

I was thinking perhaps he's referring to the 'this phone is not available' message that you hear from time to time.

What was that question? "What exactly has DB been deceitful about?" I respectfully agree to completely say everything!!

Debbie is the one who said she was drinking that night. Does this mean she was lying and not drinking? Debbie is the one who was told she failed a question on the poly. Does that mean she was lying and didn't fail? TIA

Can't we deduce that it had to be his work phone, or Starbuck's phone, or someone else's phone, otherwise his restricted personal phone wouldn't have been at home for the intruder to steal?

The phone he was trying to reach could have been uncharged or out of reception but it was the same phone that was charged and had reception when someone attempted to call MW's number and check voice mail, wasn't it?

BBM

I don't know, was it? How do we know that the phone JI called is the same phone that made the MW call out of the three?

You're correct, it couldn't had been JI's own phone, unless his phone is not on the same plan as DB's (not out of the realm of possibility I guess).

BBM

I don't know, was it? How do we know that the phone JI called is the same phone that made the MW call out of the three?

You're correct, it couldn't had been JI's own phone, unless his phone is not on the same plan as DB's (not out of the realm of possibility I guess).

No, that's not what I said. Regardless of which plan it was on it can't have been his own phone he called from unless it was a lie that it was stolen along with the other phones. (A stupid lie because there would be the call record to show he had his phone with him.) Unless he has several personal phones.

I suppose we don't know for sure which phone he was trying to call but IMO if he was trying to reach Deborah it would make sense to call Deborah's phone, which apparently was the one used by the midnight caller.

No, that's not what I said. Regardless of which plan it was on it can't have been his own phone he called from unless it was a lie that it was stolen along with the other phones. (A stupid lie because there would be the call record to show he had his phone with him.) Unless he has several personal phones.

I suppose we don't know for sure which phone he was trying to call but IMO if he was trying to reach Deborah it would make sense to call Deborah's phone, which apparently was the one used by the midnight caller.

Has it been established that they only ever had 3 phones (2 belonged to parents, one lended) and that JI didn't have a phone of his own (which he took to work)?

Also, what if he knew that the only phone that worked was the 'lended' phone and he was trying to call that? That goes back to the idea that the 'number is not available' message may not have had anything to do with whether the phone was restricted or not.

I'll agree that even as I type that, it's a crazy coincidence, but nothings impossible.

Has it been established that they only ever had 3 phones (2 belonged to parents, one lended) and that JI didn't have a phone of his own (which he took to work)?
Also, what if he knew that the only phone that worked was the 'lended' phone and he was trying to call that? That goes back to the idea that the 'number is not available' message may not have had anything to do with whether the phone was restricted or not.

I'll agree that even as I type that, it's a crazy coincidence, but nothings impossible.

Well, there was at least the one phone in a drawer that the police found so they must have had some other phones at one time.

I presumed that they didn't have a whole lot of other working phones besides the three missing ones because...

JI: “They took her and took all of our phones so we couldn’t call anybody.”

Reporter: “They took your cell phones?”

JI: “Yeah. They took all the phones.”
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7268216&postcount=16"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - compare the parent's statements to media here[/ame]

He could have called from the Bat Mobile outside of Starbucks for all I know, but one could assume since he was remodeling a Starbucks he wouldnt be using their phone, and since he had his company cell phone he most likely would have used it.

Debbie is the one who said she was drinking that night. Does this mean she was lying and not drinking? Debbie is the one who was told she failed a question on the poly. Does that mean she was lying and didn't fail? TIA

It's strange behavior to come out and talk about the drinking.
Debbie was releasing something from her conscience because she was probably afraid LE was going to "drop the bomb". It MOO that she consulted with an attorney before she made that particular confession, the attorney most likely said "it's not illegal to have a few drinks while you are in your own home or on your own property". I feel she was starting to worry about what everyone was thinking of her. Strange behavior to say the least. I don't think LE wanted to release that information because their main focus was searching for Lisa and following leads and they didnt want to cause any distractions that would turn the focus away from Lisa.

At this point and time, we don't know if LE told DB she failed one question on the poly, we don't know if she failed the poly miserably, we don't know if LE just told her that in an attempt to see if she would break and say something if in fact she knew something.

He could have called from the Bat Mobile outside of Starbucks for all I know, but one could assume since he was remodeling a Starbucks he wouldnt be using their phone, and since he had his company cell phone he most likely would have used it.

It's strange behavior to come out and talk about the drinking.
Debbie was releasing something from her conscience because she was probably afraid LE was going to "drop the bomb". It MOO that she consulted with an attorney before she made that particular confession, the attorney most likely said "it's not illegal to have a few drinks while you are in your own home or on your own property". I feel she was starting to worry about what everyone was thinking of her. Strange behavior to say the least. I don't think LE wanted to release that information because their main focus was searching for Lisa and following leads and they didnt want to cause any distractions that would turn the focus away from Lisa.

At this point and time, we don't know if LE told DB she failed one question on the poly, we don't know if she failed the poly miserably, we don't know if LE just told her that in an attempt to see if she would break and say something if in fact she knew something.

bbm

I absolutely agree. I hope that this "conscience releasing" happens again and she will march in there one day soon and tell all. If it happened once, it could happen again, and I'm beginning to think mom's guilty conscience is Lisa's only hope.

It could have been damage control. The wine buying video was out and they might have thought that if the drinking was revealed it would be better coming from herself than the neighbors witnessing it. Then you can spin it later saying, see, she didn't have to tell you that so that shows you how open and honest she is, surely everything else is true as well. IIRC one of the lawyers said something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member