Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible SW knew about the affair and she wasn’t able to hide her disdain in her many videos. But from what @Trinket78 said regarding SW’s comments about CW when she met them for the first time and also from my own personal take from the videos it’s likely his ego was constantly bruised which led to the affair.

Absolutely agree. Great thoughts.
At first I thought that maybe CW was tired and ragged from watching the kids
and had to be all cheerful at the neighbor's birthday party but was pissed off. Then then get home, the girls were jacked up on sugar, maybe one wet the bed and he lost his temper
and killed one. You who are parents are much more of a Saint than I am. The Watts girls crying and fussing in the various videos made me feel very stressed out. But my mother used to say that it's different when it's your own child.

I am not blaming SW. I am trying to figure out the dynamic of the relationship
and how it ended up in the murder of 4 souls. I had dismissed CW as being a passive/aggressive pouty jerk from a taste of the videos, but after I watched more of the videos, he seemed pretty agreeable and nice to his girls. And that
is the whole horror of the case. How could this guy commit this gruesome crime and blame Shanann? What is the psychological makeup of a guy like that? Can it happen to us?

MerryB's posts articulate what I believe--- we can discuss these things and it's ok. It is part of sleuthing. Our aim is not to blame SW and excuse CW. We're trying to understand what happened and why t happened.

Let's be honest, one of the biggest mistakes, CW made with this stuff was putting the girls in crude oil. If it goes to trial the jurors will not be able to ignore that. It does not matter if SW was a little rough on FB/SM with her husband.

Last edited:
That’s your choice. I’m suggesting that perhaps her handling of this situation may have bothered CW or affected his relationship with his family. He likely had to choose sides. He might not have felt “so what” about it, and this happened a month before the murders. I’m not suggesting this was a motive, but IMO goes toward a building discord that ultimately had a tragic end.

But did CW and/or his parents have access to that closed Lupus support group?

Yes, it was private. I don't think it was the lupus board, though. I think it was the nut allergy board or the board about the girls' medical issues.

Right. But same difference. It was a private, closed group where she went to vent to others about these kinds of issues. It's not like she posted it on her FB timeline with pix of the inlaws family dinner.

The nut allergies seem to be very dangerous. Even nuts given out on plane
can trigger shock in some people. I was wondering whether peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are banned at grammar schools. It seems oppressive but then again, no sandwich is worth anther kid's life. I've seen kids swap their lunches and snacks w/ other kids in the playground.

The nut incident at CW's mom's house was pistachios in a bowl on a little shelf under the coffee table and feeding Bella 3 nut ice cream that CeCe couldn't have. She had to watch Bella eat it in front of her. I think SW said pistachios were worse than peanuts in terms of the allergens.

Peanuts are not nuts

Let be honest, one of the biggest mistakes, CW made with this stuff was putting the girls in crude oil. If it goes to trial the jurors will not be able to push that to the side.
He made many mistakes-- the tanks, blaming Shanann, smirking on the porch, the hookups+ ongoing affairs and of course, the murders themselves.

The Author goes into detail of other cases where cadaver dogs "talk" to alert their handlers of a hit. Hit being the scent of death. He seems to be confirming that yes, they do make noise as opposed to a silent type of sign. Wouldn't make sense to have the family dog around distracting the cadaver dogs.
The Thayer’s states that the dieter was picked up by them after C.W. was at the police station. So he would have been there while the dogs were searching.

The Thayer’s states that the dieter was picked up by them after C.W. was at the police station. So he would have been there while the dogs were searching.
Poor Dieter. For all he's been through, thank heavens he's w/ SW's family and their dogs. Frankie really seems to be sensitive to Dieter's needs. I hope Hurricane Florence doesn't harm them.

The nut allergies seem to be very dangerous. Even nuts given out on plane
can trigger shock in some people. I was wondering whether peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are banned at grammar schools. It seems oppressive but then again, no sandwich is worth anther kid's life. I've seen kids swap their lunches and snacks w/ other kids in the playground.

The nut incident at CW's mom's house was pistachios in a bowl on a little shelf under the coffee table and feeding Bella 3 nut ice cream that CeCe couldn't have. She had to watch Bella eat it in front of her. I think SW said pistachios were worse than peanuts in terms of the allergens.
Nut allergies are very dangerous indeed. There was a teen who died recently from eating cookies that weren't clearly marked as containing nuts. The top of the wrapper was folded back...like the Oreos with the peel back/resealable top. ),:

At first I thought that maybe CW was tired and ragged from watching the kids
and had to be all cheerful at the neighbor's birthday party but was pissed off. Then then get home, the girls were jacked up on sugar, maybe one wet the bed and he lost his temper
and killed one. You who are parents are much more of a Saint than I am. The Watts girls crying and fussing in the various videos made me feel very stressed out. But my mother used to say that it's different when it's your own child.

I am not blaming SW. I am trying to figure out the dynamic of the relationship
and how it ended up in the murder of 4 souls. I had dismissed CW as being a passive/aggressive pouty jerk from a taste of the videos, but after I watched more of the videos, he seemed pretty agreeable and nice to his girls. And that
is the whole horror of the case. How could this guy commit this gruesome crime and blame Shanann? What is the psychological makeup of a guy like that? Can it happen to us?

MerryB's posts articulate what I believe--- we can discuss these things and it's ok. It is part of sleuthing. Our aim is not to blame SW and excuse CW. We're trying to understand what happened and why t happened.
I agree. We all have our opinions here, and analyzing the dynamic and personalities of the people involved, isn’t victim blaming.

Nothing is black and white, and the information we are working with, is at best, incomplete. This opens the door to many possibilities and competing theories. None of these are in any way, saying that Shanann deserved what happened to her. This obviously goes for the kids as well.

As for your last point, I think that people like C.W. are an aberration. That’s not to say that there aren’t many people with his psychological makeup, but most people who are sociopaths (if he is one), don’t massacre their families.

There are many gaps that need to be filled in order for this to begin making sense, and I don’t believe we’ll ever have the answers to many of the questions that we are asking. Right now, all we can do is theorize.

As for the videos, they paint a picture, but don’t show the true one, whatever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob