Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What bearing do the videos have? The father murdered his family of 4. Why did he do it? The history of what happened in that family (relationship dynamics, behavior, etc) plus examining all of the stressors is relevant. There are tons of videos and posts
that give a glimpse of their real lives not just acting for the camera.

I have a feeling that the defense will say that SW strangling the kids was due to
Thrive and her Lupus, other illnesses and pregnancy hormones, that caused her to go into a rage and kill the kids.

I believe the defense will also use Thrive as a defense for CW killing SW. They will say that Thrive'sBlack Patch, shakes and supplements (plus any other things he was taking) boosted CWs testerone and he snapped and killed SW because she had killed the kids. They will say it played a role in the bad decisions he made about not calling 911 and burying all the bodies.

The defense will claim that the 2 Watts parents were not themselves due to Thrive and other factors. The defense has seen how the public has reacted in disgust when they heard CW's explanation about SW strangling the girls. It will not fly with the jury.

Originally I thought Chris was a remote, pouty, narcissist. But after watching a ton of the videos, he was very sweet and tender with the girls. It looked like he did a lot of
work around the house and often fed the girls and played with them.

I originally thought his mom was a real villain in the nut incident but after reading the post by @Trinket78 nut and drumstick ice cream incident(I believe she said she was actually there during the incident), I'm not sure what happened --- probably
both SW and his mom were wrong and right.

@Trinket78 posted a video of Chris' mom (apparentlynicknamed MeMe) arriving at the airport and running and embracing a little toddler Bella. MeMe was very loving.
She wasn't the stone cold MIL I orginally thought she was.

So, without knowing much about Cw's family, I'm not comfortable saying that his family is dysfunctional. CW may be an aberration like John Hinkley Jr who shot Reagan and Brady.

I firmly believe that CW's family is obeying what his defense lawyers have told them to do --- don't talk to the press. It doesn't mean that they are black-hearted and aren't in mourning. Maybe they don't believe CW's story but they are trying to do everything to keep him from being executed. They probably don't now everything about the case yet either.

CW had some of the biggest stressors is life --- financial stress, dealing w/ illness of his wife and 2 daughters, a new baby coming, financial stress, the stress of lying about affairs+ hookups and marital strife.

It's not an excuse to slaughter his family but it is part of the story of what happened
and trying to find out why it happened.

Yes, I still think CW killed them all.

imo

Did she embrace Shanann?

I believe the suggestion was that she got it for a reason other than an actual asthma diagnosis but was displaying its use on social media in order to promote the "fake" story that her kids had asthma.

The allegation was she likely has Munchausen's syndrome and was faking her children's illnesses for attention because she's a psychopathic narcissist.

In the meantime, comparatively speaking she has a very small percentage of posts about her or her children's illnesses and she speaks positively, not with the alarm and dread common to actual people with the condition.

Right. And I think the issue initially came up when some here said that they didn't think her children even had diagnosed medical issues. So I asked then how they had prescriptions for nebulizers and they each had surgeries, if they had no medical issues.

And their answers were that she probably doctor shopped until she found doctors and surgeons that would do unnecessary surgeries and also that the nebulizer could have been for something minor and she lied about the asthma.

Last edited:
I was watching Forensic Files and I bet this happened to CW and it's why he made so many mistakes:

Full Tilt Boogie
When you are operating under EXTREME stress, so hyper-focused on a specific goal that you start to make
silly mistakes on other things.

'I have a huge project due tomorrow, stayed up til 3am, I'm on the full tilt boogie, I missed my exit, left my credit card at the store, and locked my keys in the car.'

While doing the full tilt boogie-you are having an adrenaline rush that causes you to make mistakes you wouldn't normally make under normal circumstances

They will play the Santa, pie inthe face, and water squirting videos during opening statements.

I can alredy imagine how he will be displayed as a loving father and Shannan as a feisty wife who just kept him under everytime she says something just not in the "right tone". Same happens at the moment at youtube where many/all of her videos got uploaded recently. Some people want to believe that she must have pushed him to do this!

Anyways they should as well play this "my daddy is a hero" video in his cell everyday.

I was watching Forensic Files and I bet this happened to CW and it's why he made so many mistakes:

Full Tilt Boogie
When you are operating under EXTREME stress, so hyper-focused on a specific goal that you start to make
silly mistakes on other things.

'I have a huge project due tomorrow, stayed up til 3am, I'm on the full tilt boogie, I missed my exit, left my credit card at the store, and locked my keys in the car.'

While doing the full tilt boogie-you are having an adrenaline rush that causes you to make mistakes you wouldn't normally make under normal circumstances
And here I would have assumed the Full Tilt Boogie was a '50s dance move :)

Oh boy. This is getting confusing. I think the poster is asking that if you knew SW had told many lies, would it change your opinion? Someone had asked what they meant by hypothetically.
Although he told many serious proven (not hypothetical) lies about a serious situation, but that does not seem to have affected his credibility with some people?

I believe the suggestion was that she got it for a reason other than an actual asthma diagnosis but was displaying its use on social media in order to promote the "fake" story that her kids had asthma.

The allegation was she likely has Munchausen's syndrome and was faking her children's illnesses for attention because she's a psychopathic narcissist.

In the meantime, comparatively speaking she has a very small percentage of posts about her or her children's illnesses and she speaks positively, not with the alarm and dread common to actual people with the condition.
A nebulizer requires a prescription. You cannot just go get one. If you just have a round of pneumonia or some other viral/bacterial respiratory illness, the insurance companies will only pay for rental. Insurers only pay for a permanent unit when a physician has recommended regular, longterm use. At least that has been the experience of my family and friends.

The problem for him is that once you've killed one, the next ones are now premeditated.
Yup. Losing your temper and killing your wife is bad enough, but when you kill your children, it takes things to a whole new level.

Which is unfortunate for him, because he’s just opened the door to the possibility of the death penalty.

Oh boy. This is getting confusing. I think the poster is asking that if you knew SW had told many lies, would it change your opinion? Someone had asked what they meant by hypothetically.
Okay. I think we're straying so far from the facts at this point I don't need to know any more, but thanks for explaining! :)

MOO

Ok, thank you. I missed the part about it being on shown on SM. I haven't actually seen much of that except for a few videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1