Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump says he takes hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus infection even though it's an unproven treatment

President Donald Trump said Monday that he has been taking anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine for over a week to prevent coronavirus infection even though it is not yet a proven treatment.

“I happen to be taking it,” Trump said during a roundtable event at the White House. “A lot of good things have come out. You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers. Before you catch it. The front-line workers, many, many are taking it.”

He added: “I’m taking it, hydroxychloroquine. Right now, yeah. Couple of weeks ago, I started taking it. Cause I think it’s good, I’ve heard a lot of good stories.”

Trump also said that he is taking zinc, and that he has taken an initial dose of azithromycin, or Z-Pak.

Trump, meanwhile, refuses to wear a mask, which medical experts have advised as a way to limit the spread of the virus.
Great. This is part of why I can’t get my full prescription. People who shouldn’t be taking it are.

Famotidine: New York hospitals studying heartburn drug as Covid-19 treatment - CNN
@nhmemorymaker

Thanks for the responses. I was really surprised about all the background in that article about Nicotine and the vagues nerve was it? I will try and follow the study. I am now wondering about China and India not having so many deaths because they smoke and also Germans still allow smoking in their bars so could that be a reason?

What was the Pepsid study? Please remind me?

"ha ha!! Did you used a Translater???"

No I didnt but I have never seen an article like that before. It is possible to understand it though. I don't know why it came up in my searches at all. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out. I am south of Worcester but work in Burlington near the mall, which is kind of a hot spot. I did see the Boston Globe article that showed the AB results.

One little thing that has snuck under the radar. Massachusetts has a far higher death rate per 1 million than the hardest hit countries in the world at 841. Higher than Belgium, Italy, Spain etc. From my perspective it is a little weird, since I literally don't know anyone personally that has died from or had CV-19. And I know a lot of people and am active of social media. I just hear 3rd account stories of a few people that had it. Of course if I lived in Charlestown, it would be a different story.

Quite honestly, I have actually been somewhat surprised with the overwhelming results in MA. I have always felt the stellar medical community there would be way ahead of the curve. I know there was that one international conference that has been referenced a bit, but still I have been in dismay over the cases there. I felt as if Boston and surrounds would have been more like Washington State and San Francisco area with all the medical experience..... but maybe the future will tell us more.

“Disaster”: Malibu Beaches Overwhelmed By Visitors Not Wearing Masks; Health Department Vows Action
May 18, 2020 2:56pm

Deadline Hollywood News

10645948f.jpg

Malibu Beaches Overwhelmed By Visitors Not Wearing Masks This Weekend – Deadline

Last edited:
Famotidine: New York hospitals studying heartburn drug as Covid-19 treatment - CNN

Quite honestly, I have actually been somewhat surprised with the overwhelming results in MA. I have always felt the stellar medical community there would be way ahead of the curve. I know there was that one international conference that has been referenced a bit, but still I have been in dismay over the cases there. I felt as if Boston and surrounds would have been more like Washington State and San Francisco area with all the medical experience..... but maybe the future will tell us more.

I am shocked from the bad MA numbers. But 3575 of 5800 deaths from nursing homes does skew the results a bit. I also think the lockdown brought families together in close quarters, which was also may have been a mistake.

As much as I can tell, people were fully compliant until about the first week in May. It's breaking down now for sure, but I think infections will continue to drop as the weather warms up. We shall see.

Trump says he takes hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus infection even though it's an unproven treatment

President Donald Trump said Monday that he has been taking anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine for over a week to prevent coronavirus infection even though it is not yet a proven treatment.

“I happen to be taking it,” Trump said during a roundtable event at the White House. “A lot of good things have come out. You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers. Before you catch it. The front-line workers, many, many are taking it.”

He added: “I’m taking it, hydroxychloroquine. Right now, yeah. Couple of weeks ago, I started taking it. Cause I think it’s good, I’ve heard a lot of good stories.”

Trump also said that he is taking zinc, and that he has taken an initial dose of azithromycin, or Z-Pak.

Trump, meanwhile, refuses to wear a mask, which medical experts have advised as a way to limit the spread of the virus.

Well, if he's going to start a Z-Pak, he'd better finish it. Is there a doctor involved in this or does he just tell someone in the White House to go get these things for him? I wonder why anyone would put him on that combination unless he has CoVid. Why use up the antibiotics as a preventative? That just isn't done. IMO.

I've never heard of anyone taking HCQ as a preventative in the front lines. And certainly, no one should take an antibiotic as a preventative. Best to have the bacteria cultured. If there's an infection, then sure.

But at least he's admitting it's an actual disease now.

Hmm...

"President Donald Trump on Monday told reporters he's been taking hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he's touted as a possible "game changer" treatment for COVID-19.

He said he asked the White House doctor if he could take the unproven treatment despite having no symptoms, adding he's been taking a pill a day for about a week-and-a-half."

Trump says he's taking hydroxychloroquine, unproven drug he's touted for COVID-19

I really figured DJT had tested + for ABs (asymptomatic), and they just were not stating.

I suppose this may mean he has tested negative for ABs. I've always wondered why no reporter has questioned him about whether he has taken AB tests.

INMO, this is a bad sign. Montana has been fairly untouched by the Coronavirus. A total of 16 deaths, and our economy has been re opened for about 2 weeks now.

Well, there were 3400 NEW unemployment claims in Montana for last week.
Unemployment claims fall again as Montana ends more closures

If we look at this as a small microcosm, it doesn't mean that "reopening" equals that the economy is back up and running.

Cafes Make Customers Wear Stupid Hats to Enforce Social Distancing
https://summit.news/2020/05/18/publi...al-distancing/

180520hat.jpg

This^^^ seems really silly to me. Are people going to want to wear hats like that in a restaurant? And how do you sanitize them after each use? :eek:
Your post reminds me of reading about this a while ago:

hat.jpg

Along with face masks, pupils have to don 'one-metre hats', which ensure they remember to observe strict physical distancing guidelines that remain in place. Yangzheng School in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang Province in East China.

thumbnail

thumbnail

Images and video footage from inside the classroom show the children each wearing a surgical mask and their very own homemade one-metre hat, which has a 3-foot-long measuring tool jutting out the sides.

Students In China Wear Homemade Social Distancing Hats As They Return To School

Kids in China head back to school wearing handmade social-distancing hats

Technology News and
Credit: Asia Wire
CNET

Last edited:

Woah - possible side effects!!!
  1. Blistering, peeling, loosening of the skin
  2. blurred vision or other vision changes
  3. chest discomfort, pain, or tightness
  4. cough or hoarseness
  5. dark urine
  6. decreased urination
  7. defective color vision
  8. diarrhea
  9. difficulty breathing
  10. difficulty seeing at night
  11. dizziness or fainting
  12. fast, pounding, uneven heartbeat
  13. feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
  14. feeling that others can hear your thoughts
  15. feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
  16. fever with or without chills
  17. general feeling of tiredness or weakness
  18. headache
  19. inability to move the eyes
  20. increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
  21. joint or muscle pain
  22. large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, and sex organs
  23. loss of hearing
  24. lower back or side pain
  25. noisy breathing
  26. painful or difficult urination
  27. red irritated eyes
  28. red skin lesions, often with a purple center
  29. severe mood or mental changes
  30. sore throat sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  31. sticking out of the tongue
  32. stomach pain
  33. swelling of the feet or lower legs
  34. swollen or painful glands
  35. trouble with breathing, speaking, or swallowing
  36. uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
  37. unusual behavior
  38. unusual bleeding or bruising
  39. unusual facial expressions
  40. unusual tiredness or weakness
  41. yellow eyes or skin [URL="https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/hydroxychloroquine-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20064216"]Hydroxychloroquine (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic[/URL]

I'll take my coffee at home rather than wear that stupid hat!!

Cafes Make Customers Wear Stupid Hats to Enforce Social Distancing
https://summit.news/2020/05/18/publi...al-distancing/

180520hat.jpg

This^^^ seems really silly to me. Are people going to want to wear hats like that in a restaurant? And how do you sanitize them after each use? :eek:

I don't think this is even "legal" because you are wearing a hat that dozens of others have worn. Meaning you could be wearing a hat that a Covid19 positive person has worn...:confused:...tsk-tsk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member