Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like my daughter who lives Florida. The other night she sent me a beautiful picture in the Keys on vacation watching the sunset and sipping a drink.

All I could think of looking at the picture was “No one is wearing a mask!” It seemed so strange to me seeing people just enjoying life like there is no pandemic. We have masks so engrained in our daily life here. :rolleyes:

Because you all have been through the worst of it. Everyone else may have to have an object lesson, sadly.

I live in Sacramento California and I don't know anyone who has been infected with Covid-19 either at my large workplace or in my large family.

I don't even know anyone who knows someone that has contracted the virus let alone been hospitalized because of it.

So far in my world the virus has not physically harmed anyone that I know.

I thank God for that.

I live in Sacramento California and I don't know anyone who has been infected with Covid-19 either at my large workplace or in my large family.

I don't even know anyone who knows someone that has contracted the virus let alone been hospitalized because of it.

I thank God for that.

I hope Sacramento can remain safe - you've got a good start.

The person in the office next door to mine has 11 family members in Riverside with CoVid. My cousin in Denver has it (manager of a grocery distribution center).

About 1 in 1000 people in my county has CoVid and it's rising. That's still controllable if people cooperate. We shall see.

I thank God for that.

You are very lucky. Sacramento County was put back on the virus watch list this week. (I am sure that I don't need to tell you that :) This comment is for others.)

Sacramento County hospitals have seen a sudden rise in COVID-19 patients in the last few weeks, causing some local concern and landing the county on the California health department’s coronavirus “watch list” on Thursday.

Ten Sacramento County hospitals report they were treating 61 virus patients, the highest number in two months, and up substantially from just seven patients a month ago.

That surge has come as the county and much of the state reopened restaurants, bars, nail salons, barbers, some offices and other public sites over the past month, and as more extended families reportedly have gathered in homes for social events against state guidance.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article243793407.html

January 2020

CHINA: Sorry everyone, we messed up. Here's what you need to do.
USA: We're the greatest country in the world, it won't get us
UK: What America said ^^^ just keep calm and wash your hands
AUS/NZ: Batten the hatches
SPAIN: Manana, manana
ITALY: After the ski season
FRANCE: *shrugs*
USA: We found a cure already
UK: Man down, man down. Boris has left the building
CHINA: All sorted. U OK hun?
AUS/NZ: Cheers China
EUROPE: Maybe we should have listened
USA/UK: *finger in ears* la-la-laaa

this is freaking hilarious but what about Canada?

You are very lucky. Sacramento County was put back on the virus watch list this week. (I am sure that I don't need to tell you that :) This comment is for others.)

Sacramento County hospitals have seen a sudden rise in COVID-19 patients in the last few weeks, causing some local concern and landing the county on the California health department’s coronavirus “watch list” on Thursday.

Ten Sacramento County hospitals report they were treating 61 virus patients, the highest number in two months, and up substantially from just seven patients a month ago.

That surge has come as the county and much of the state reopened restaurants, bars, nail salons, barbers, some offices and other public sites over the past month, and as more extended families reportedly have gathered in homes for social events against state guidance.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article243793407.html
Yep. 61 patients in the hospital. With 1.5 million people in this county it's not surprising that I don't know any of these people.

so passive aggressive!
that's us alright ... and our p.m.! (not political)

:D

We'll probably do the same thing when we have to cross that hurdle, because that is us too! :D

(I only know your border opening changes because I am watching them. I am itching to go sailing on Lake Ontario with my friend ... when I am able to travel to Canada.)

Last edited:
Well they cannot.
Unfortunately this nasty killer virus from China (bar me from saying the truth that has been documented over and over, and I will willingly leave this discussion).
The USA and it's citizens must open.
There is no other choice!
People will die.
That's a fact.
What is also a fact, is that this world. The entire world has been invaded by a teeny tiny deadly killer.
It's here, and ALL of us need to fight it.
We know what to do.
There are many people in the USA who think this a political maneuver.
So, more will die, or get sick as they deny this is a terrible virus that can take you out.
How do you fix stupid?
As in people who ignore that we have a pandemic?
I can only try to manage my tiny piece of this world. And this is not easy.
I realize that people nowadays are uncomfortable with anger.
Well, unless it's a mob. Apparently then it's okay.
I will NEVER be okay with a bunch of thugs destroying my business and family livelihood.
Maybe without anger, we have acceptance.
I'm angry and I refuse any punks wanting to destroy my business.

That's why the drop in cases there isn't sustainable - or will they just stay closed forever?

The younger generation's infection rate is what will save the world. Once these kids get sick and recover and say "my life was <blank> for THIS???" we will be back to our regular programming.

The younger generation's infection rate is what will save the world. Once these kids get sick and recover and say "my life was <blank> for THIS???" we will be back to our regular programming.
Hopefully!
I'm afraid this will be a yearly occurrence from now on.
Maybe not!
I was taught that Canadian geese carried the "flu".
Migratory birds...
As they traveled south for the winter, they carried the "flu"
It came with them. This is why we saw "flu" from late October to late March. Adding in the fact that during "cold months " we tend to stay indoors and spread the virus among family and Ioved ones, during holiday season.
It made sense at the time and still, sorta does.
However, this makes NO SENSE regarding COVID.
In my mind, I can't see how this virus will be seasonal.
Only that it will always "be", unless they come up with a vaccine like they have for varicella, measles, and rubella.

Just MOO!
This is about H1N1, but IMOO applies to type A flu and type B flu as well.

Susceptibility of Canada Geese (Branta canadensis) to Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus (H5N1)

I think every country regrets ignoring covid 19 until it was too late to properly prepare for the onslaught.

I have a problem with how young people are ignoring the pandemic, but this particular action by a mature adult who should know better, has opened my eyes to a mentality that is more twisted than our selfish, partying youth.

"Tim Walters, a former Republican candidate for the General Assembly, said that he had a dry cough for months but it recently worsened. He said he then began to experience an excruciating headache, a fever and the inability to focus with one of his eyes, which led to vertigo.Walters, 53, a diabetic who has had mini-strokes, said he went to an emergency room Monday and was diagnosed with the virus.
“Here I am months after not wearing a mask at rallies, churches and so on, and so it’s funny how capricious this thing is,” he said in a Facebook video.

Walters said he doesn't plan to provide health officials with the people he's had close contact with for the contact tracing program. "

The contract tracing program is the first step in halting further contamination by alerting people who have been exposed to him, advising them of symptoms and asking them to self-isolate, as well as contacting their own further contacts for the same advice.

The fact that Walters refuses to name who he may have infected is mind boggling to me. The tracing program in Canada has been invaluable in curbing further transmissions. Is this a political thing with Walters, or a stand against freedom from government intervention? It is one thing to protest against wearing a mask or social distancing, but how could it go so far as in his case? Hopefully he is an extreme example.

As Canada opened restrictions, we saw defiance of social distancing. A beach opens in Toronto and other lake fronts, and are closed down within days after the public ignores the safety measures of social distancing.

I worry about my American neighbours as your daily covid cases increase ominously. You are facing a complicated battle, as we all are, but made worse by apparent political influences, a lack of guidance from the top, denial and misplaced rebellion for rights, which hasn't happened in Canada or any other country that I am aware of.

Good luck and try to stay safe.

https://www.newsweek.com/founder-re...neHBf8b0gF7kEu1hY3O9wmuCsc4Xfom_Ot2y8azhTsikN
Even if we had started earlier, at some point we had to reopen so wouldn't it just then start at that point, especially as we know it was in both UK and US as early as December?

Even if we had started earlier, at some point we had to reopen so wouldn't it just then start at that point, especially as we know it was in both UK and US as early as December?
Or earlier?
Yes! I agree.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads