Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Superior Court judge Wednesday ordered three new re-arrest warrants for Fotis Dulos, who is charged with killing his estranged wife but is now in “dire condition” in a New York hospital after a suicide attempt.

“His medical condition is dire,” Norm Pattis, lawyer for Dulos, told Judge Gary White in Superior Court in Stamford. Pattis agreed to waive extradition proceedings so that Dulos’ family can have access to him at the Jacobi Medical Center.

Sources said Farmington police are still working to obtain a warrant to search the Jefferson Crossing home, but they have not yet secured one. It is unclear at this point what crime, if any, police would cite in requesting legal authority to search the premises to see if there was a note or other evidence related to the attempted suicide.
Farmington police had been at the house Tuesday and suspended their investigation overnight, he said. Crews returned Wednesday morning and McKenzie said Farmington police borrowed Newington police’s mobile command center.

There were police vehicles at the house overnight simply to guard the scene, which is a common practice for ongoing investigations...

Judge orders re-arrest warrants for Fotis Dulos, who remains in ‘dire condition’ in New York hospital after suicide attempt

I would not assume any medical issues are correct unless reported by Official sources, medical or LE.

I think IE probably tried to talk to a paramedic, an officer on the scene, or some other ancillary medical personnel who should lose their job over it.

Neither of which should be disclosing any details. In fact, if a paramedic gave any information out, they would lose their job and be prosecuted for violation of HIPAA rules.
@Herat give it a listen, sounded like the paramedic scanner tape that mentioned the issues Fd might have been experiencing as he was being transported to UCONN. It didn't sound like a civilian chatter tape at all and this wasn't a situation where random people at the hospital spoke 'off the record' and in violation of HIPAA. I'm sure more scanner chatter will be revealed as there were a few clips released yesterday too.

I agree that its best to wait until official word is released from somewhere/anywhere. Problem is we don't have an official state source for dissemination of information here that has been at all consistent.

MOO

Last edited:

Inside Edition coverage of yesterday

Interesting addition is that the alert said Fd was post cardiac arrest and suspected CO2 poisoning. We hadn't heard about cardiac arrest yesterday so far as I know.

Huh? The only time you do CPR is if there is a cardiac arrest (heart has stopped). It's not something they have to say, we saw them doing CPR, which means he was in cardiac arrest (or at least the personnel that started CPR thought so).

I would not assume any medical issues are correct unless reported by Official sources, medical or LE.

I think IE probably tried to talk to a paramedic, an officer on the scene, or some other ancillary medical personnel who should lose their job over it.

Neither of which should be disclosing any details. In fact, if a paramedic gave any information out, they would lose their job and be prosecuted for violation of HIPPA rules.

What would lead you to think any medical personnel talked to the press?

(BTW, it's HIPAA, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.)

That is such a private thing and I would hope that it wouldn’t even be reported until much later.
I am not sure even the oldest boys are old enough to go into the ICU. The ICU with all of the equipment keeping him alive and his lack of response would overwhelm an adult, never mind children. And what purpose would it serve?

I truly feel the judge is aware of FD's medical situation and that's why the bond was only raised 500k. The fact that NP and his hair band aren't talking about the state, agreed to everything, and were relatively quiet after the hearing makes me feel that way too. I think it's only a matter of time before he's pronounced dead. MOO.

Agree. I think he's done and they are just waiting for his family to get here.

I truly feel the judge is aware of FD's medical situation and that's why the bond was only raised 500k. The fact that NP and his hair band aren't talking about the state, agreed to everything, and were relatively quiet after the hearing makes me feel that way too. I think it's only a matter of time before he's pronounced dead. MOO.
agree with you. My feeling is that he would have been taken back to Ct. and for whatever reason, there will be no more attempts at the
hyperbaric chamber, and it's just a matter of allowing his sister Rena to see him and make the decision to take him off life support.
Just my interpretation. I hear no more "hope"
for further treatment.

As FD clings, I can envision Atropos, with her shears in her hand, smiling sweetly before she cuts that thread...

*inserts quote from my favorite movie: (paraphrased)
Whoo-hoo-hoo, It just so happens that FD here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Inigo Montoya : What's that?

Miracle Max : Go through his clothes and look for loose change.”

sorry. Not sorry

So how mostly dead is he? Is he expected to come out of whatever state he’s in? I can’t find details of his medical circumstances. Do they think he was not breathing and without heartbeat for quite a while?

Dave Altimari

@davealtimari

·
53m

Police are facing a legal conundrum in trying to enter Fotis Dulos’ Jefferson Crossing home. To get a search warrant they need proof of a possible crime. So far sources said they have not gotten court approval to go in and look for a suicide note.

-----------------------------------------------------

Need some help from the atty's here. What is going on?

Is the DA statement about 'proof of a possible crime' really the standard here?

We have a person accused of murder and other assorted violent crimes and out on bond who allegedly attempted suicide yesterday but without LE entering the house there is no way to conduct an investigation to determine if this is an intentional act by Fd or perhaps a criminal act undertaken by someone else.

I'm quite confused as we are now at 24 hrs post event and LE hasn't been able to access the house at 4Jx?

Baffled.
Not an attorney, but I think there is enough evidence even at our disposal that this was an intentional act by FD. That hose likely wasn't put there by someone else while FD just hung out in the Suburban.

We don't have to like it in this specific instance, but LE can't just barge into his home without a warrant and attempted suicide is not a crime in CT. If FD passes, I believe they are allowed to investigate, but until FD passes or they have proof of a crime, they can't go in.

Where I work, confirming brain death and stopping life support takes about 3-4 days. There are several diagnostics tests that have to be completed and it takes time… I was curious what Dr. Google says about observation period etc. and found the following:

Observation period — The length of observation required to determine brain death varies extensively. A follow-up evaluation after 24 hours was an early requirement for brain death diagnosis in the United States. Later, requirements in this regard were made age dependent: a 48-hour evaluation interval for infants age seven days to two months, 24 hours for those greater than two months to one year, and 12 hours for those between 1 and 18 years.

An observation period for adults is considered optional; six hours is often recommended, with longer periods, up to 24 hours, recommended in cases of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy. Guidelines in other countries recommend longer observation periods. The American Academy of Neurology guideline update published in 2010 found insufficient evidence to determine a minimally acceptable observation period. In patients who have been resuscitated after cardiac arrest, we recommend observation for at least 24 hours from the time of the arrest, as spontaneous improvement in brainstem reflexes can occur hours after cardiac arrest. In such patients who have received induced hypothermia, the recovery time may be further extended, as some motor and brainstem reflexes may recover after being absent for three days. It may be advisable to perform an ancillary test of brain blood flow with such patients; electrophysiologic parameters may also be affected by induced hypothermia.

There are limited studies of serial examinations in this setting upon which to base recommendations for a required length of observation. One case series reviewed data from 1229 adult and 82 pediatric (greater than one year of age) cases of brain death. The interval between first and second examinations ranged from 3 to over 50 hours (mean 19.2 hours). None of the patients with an initial examination consistent with brain death regained brainstem function on repeat examination. However, rates of organ donation decreased with longer intervals between examinations.

Resource: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/diagnosis-of-brain-death

I am not sure even the oldest boys are old enough to go into the ICU. The ICU with all of the equipment keeping him alive and his lack of response would overwhelm an adult, never mind children. And what purpose would it serve?

I would think that for a parent who is on their death bed, no child who wanted to say goodbye would be kept out of the ICU. (Just generally my opinion, not necessarily about this particular circumstance.)

As for the purpose, I could make an argument that the children might want to see him incapacitated to understand he is no longer a threat to them.

CPR is used when a person is not breathing. You don't have to assess if the patient is in cardiac arrest - if s/he isn't breathing, you do CPR.

I'm sure medical folks here will chime in.

jmo
I could be wrong, but I believe you only do CPR if there is no pulse.

Rescue breathing and CPR are not the same. If there is a pulse but no breathing/irregular breathing, I think you would do rescue breathing WITHOUT chest compressions.

@Herat give it a listen, sounded like the paramedic scanner tape that mentioned the issues Fd might have been experiencing as he was being transported to UCONN. It didn't sound like a civilian chatter tape at all and this wasn't a situation where random people at the hospital spoke 'off the record' and in violation of HIPAA. I'm sure more scanner chatter will be revealed as there were a few clips released yesterday too.

I agree that its best to wait until official word is released from somewhere/anywhere. Problem is we don't have an official state source for dissemination of information here that has been at all consistent.

MOO

Looks like the call is on Broadcastify. This is only a portion of it and it doesn't include what was on IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member