DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Thanks for reminder. I did think mods mentioned that unless a person was listed on court document or LE SW, and we KNEW (through press) LE had person on the radar, we should not entertain scenarios assuming they are suspect. HOWEVER, that's my take on what mod said, and no way do I interpret that as meaning a WS-er should not ask questions about facts, challenge as logical fact anything anyone has said about the victims to the press. And I am not raising any personal objection (which would hold no weight here if I did).
I hope to heavens more SWs are under seal and that every stone is being turned up. I'd be surprised to learn NG was involved in any aspect of the crime, but hey, I have been surprised in the past.
My first thought when news broke was angry husband went after worker-wife who was intending to leave him and then just killed everyone.
I never claimed to be a good amateur detective. I worked under a deputy probation officer (and also for some veteran retired LE including one with a PHD in crim., and police academy chief) and one thing I learned was that the so-called "gut" or "instinct" is not developed over night or by reading about crime. Mine got better, but better didn't equal reliable.

You are absolutely right. I found the relevant section in the TOS.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE.

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

That means we are not allowed to posit theories on anyone else's involvement except DW, since no one else has been named a suspect. That sharply reduces my ability to contribute to the discussion, since all I have is theories on collaborators/accomplices. :whistle: wish LE hadn't told us they thought others were involved without telling us who!

ETA: And JW. He was listed as suspicious by MSM. But also an unnamed source said LE was not looking at JW, so I'm not sure if we can talk about him being involved either. Maybe MODS will weigh in.

So the minimum wage pizza guy should be looked at for negligence but everyone else who left 40 k to whoever should be left alone since dad sound convincing on the phone?

Dominos procedure differences would not have helped this case.

Luckily we atleast know from a neutral business that a call was placed to the house that day.

One of the first questions asked in a home invasion of a rich family is

Where's the safe?

So who knows how much in total that DW got. I think he sent some home and was planning to board a plane soon.

Now if he snitches on others than that is like pleading guilty. With a case like this you are still getting 4 life sentences.

So don't expect any naming of accomplices. He is one of a kind. He doesn't mind going down by himself as long as others take care of his family here and abroad.

Jmo

Dexter, I have to respectfully disagree. This guy does not care about anyone. Protective orders issued by his family, girlfriends, strangers, etc. Has zero problems carrying or using knives. The folks found with him when he was arrested truly need to reflect on this. He is going to be put away. DNA evidence, etc. If they want to see sunlight AND help themselves and their families...they will spill EVERYTHING. DW is not OJ. He does not have the charming football star, actor, personality in his favor. DNA and evidence collecting has advanced since the 90s.

I will not act like the pizza guy should have verified more while delivering $20 in pizza.

But act like others had no obligation to do more while dropping off 40 k in cash.

So should we fire the pizza guy for not knowing AS voice.

Imo. Leave Dominos alone. They were just as unknowing just like staff of his own company that personally knew them.

You are absolutely right. I found the relevant section in the TOS.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE.

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

That means we are not allowed to posit theories on anyone else's involvement except DW, since no one else has been named a suspect. That sharply reduces my ability to contribute to the discussion, since all I have is theories on collaborators/accomplices. :whistle: wish LE hadn't told us they thought others were involved without telling us who!
OMG! About 98percent of my participation has been in violation then! I think there's a qualifier we missed that allows us to discuss anyone not an official suspect or POI, not charged, but for whom we have a basis to believe LE has on radar based on court document statements or SWs. Not sure. Back to research that.

Dexter, I have to respectfully disagree. This guy does not care about anyone. Protective orders issued by his family, girlfriends, strangers, etc. Has zero problems carrying or using knives. The folks found with him when he was arrested truly need to reflect on this. He is going to be put away. DNA evidence, etc. If they want to see sunlight AND help themselves and their families...they will spill EVERYTHING. DW is not OJ. He does not have the charming football star, actor, personality in his favor. DNA and evidence collecting has advanced since the 90s.

I imagine the family, possibly friends/acquaintances, are doing just that in front of the GJ now. jmo

Lol. Well since you disagreed respectfully. Than I can see your point of view clearer.

And your independent thoughts are always welcomed.

Thanks. No hard feelings.

We are all on the same boat.

Much obliged.

I will not act like the pizza guy should have verified more while delivering $20 in pizza.

But act like others had no obligation to do more while dropping off 40 k in cash.

So should we fire the pizza guy for not knowing AS voice.

Imo. Leave Dominos alone. They were just as unknowing just like staff of his own company that personally knew them.

I agree:) My kids worked for a pizza joint. We thought it would be good for them. It actually cost us more money than they made due to the fact they we working during our normal dinner routine and they wanted fast food when they got off work at ten. Neither would have considered a crime taking place when taking a pizza order. Dominos or their workers are not suspect. Granted on a Wednesday at 915 they are not slammed like the weekend. So a worker may recall more than they would say on Friday at 7 pm. So I would tend to believe their recollection a little more.

Agreed- I live in the DC area, and Walmart, Trader Joe's, and other places don't make you sign or show ID under $50. I've also ordered Dominos and other pizza online and I've never had to sign or show ID if I pick it up or it gets delivered. If it gets delivered, I've had to sign the receipt to add tip but my guess if that if a tip is out on the porch, a delivery driver probably wouldn't be too concerned, especially if that address or credit card has ordered in the past (which, IIRC, they had).
STOP IT NOW! I already used my budget up for the month on delivery. You'all making me so pizza-crazed I now have to resort to the frozen plain cheese in my fridge. JMO

I agree:) My kids worked for a pizza joint. We thought it would be good for them. It actually cost us more money than they made due to the fact they we working during our normal dinner routine and they wanted fast food when they got off work at ten. Neither would have considered a crime taking place when taking a pizza order. Dominos or their workers are suspect. Granted on a Wednesday at 915 they are not slammed like the weekend. So a worker may recall more than they would say on Friday at 7 pm. So I would tend to believe their recollection a little more.

Agree. The order taker and the pizza driver deals with plenty of people a day.

But the people who handed over the money that got the family killed once done; Should be overlooked because nothing seemed out of the norm?

The workers at a pizza palor should not have suspected anything if the workers of the family did not suspect any wrongdoings as well.

Jmo.

I bet the accountant would not have.
Absolutely agree. I don't think any official company person would have or, as I realize now Popsicle was saying, anyone who knew how SS rolled, i.e. that "throw 40 K in an unlocked car" did not reflect his SOP, caution, diligence, professionalism. He'd have known JW would "just do it," not knowing if this was a customary instruction or not, and wanting to show as a newbie that he'd do whatever boss wanted.

I imagine the family, possibly friends/acquaintances, are doing just that in front of the GJ now. jmo

BBM

Just as an aside, I'd like to point out that since DC has a very limited pool of jurors, the same people wind up serving over and over again. For Grand Jury service, you're required to spend an onerous 5 weeks, mostly being shuffled in and out of court. No electronic media allowed. It's a pretty miserable experience (even if you're interested in court goings-on).

BBM

Just as an aside, I'd like to point out that since DC has a very limited pool of jurors, the same people wind up serving over and over again. For Grand Jury service, you're required to spend an onerous 5 weeks, mostly being shuffled in and out of court. No electronic media allowed. It's a pretty miserable experience (even if you're interested in court goings-on).

That is the worst! Are you called every 18 months? How large is the number they call in each week? More than 800?

I am waiting for more arrests yet nothing. What's going on? Police claimed DW didn't act alone, yet nobody else has been arrested. They didn't leave any evidence on the scene? Or did DW actually act alone?
How did he pull it off? How did he control SS, who was very fit and martial arts enthusiast?

We are discussing the brutal murders of 4 people.

Absolutely agree. I don't think any official company person would have or, as I realize now Popsicle was saying, anyone who knew how SS rolled, i.e. that "throw 40 K in an unlocked car" did not reflect his SOP, caution, diligence, professionalism. He'd have known JW would "just do it," not knowing if this was a customary instruction or not, and wanting to show as a newbie that he'd do whatever boss wanted.

(IMO) It wasn't just throw 40k into an unlocked car, it was put it into the red car in the garage. JW had been given access to the garage either with a remote or he had the remote combination programmed into his BMW. He placed the money in a manilla envelope and closed the garage door. The money was securely delivered by JW as instructed. This may also have been JW's motivation for lying because he was covering himself for how he delivered the money as he was being grilled by police.

That is the worst! Are you called every 18 months? How large is the number they call in each week? More than 800?

I have no idea how many they call in each week, but the population of DC is only about 600,000. If you narrow it down to registered voters and eliminate felons, etc., not a whole lot of people considering the crime levels.

Every 18 months seems about right. Grand Jury is less often, perhaps every four years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal