FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is following in the footsteps of The Columbine attack.

Exactly. He probably could have had a valid charge against him and put in jail for a bit of time just based on things he posted in SM.

Im just so frustrated that NOTHING is done. We have to start doing some things. Sure it wont stop all of them but stopping some of them is a huge accomplishment in my book.

I take threats extremely serious and I think LE and everyone else should also. His SM was a RED FLAG textbook case cry for help. Doesn't seem anyone noticed/cared or could stop him.

No nation on the face of the Earth, other than the US of A, has children who with grotesque frequency slaughter other children at school.

Is there something completely unique and wrong about how Americans raise their children, or about how Americans deal with mental illness?

Every other nation on the face of the Earth has troubled children, and the people's of many nations on the face of the Earth have FAR fewer resources and wealth and yet their children do not go to school and commit massacres of other children.

What could possibly be the difference?

The list is long...

I know there are posters here on WS that are familiar with the facial characteristics of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Can you tell me is this shooter exhibiting signs of it in his face?

That only seemed to have made childhood extend until the mid 20's .

good or bad, not sure. Many seem incapable emotionally to grow up. Not exactly sure what's causing it. Our local HS has 21 years old students in it. Seems a bit too old. Maybe at when they turn 19 they should contiune their education at Community College or special HS?

Talking to the kids who are at this moment in school. A worthless presser by potus imo. Useless.

ugh CNN went to split screen I was like oh god please don't cut off the presser to go washington

IMO-
Well, this is Florida and I expect like most young people this age, that he was doing some street drugs in his spare time.
I live here and the drug problem has been horrible for years. It would be the exception if his bloodtest didn't contain
illegal drugs. Kids even sell their ADHD drugs on the street. Parents even sell their kids' ADHD drugs on the street.
Family members sell their elderly relatives' drugs on the street. Even medical personnel I have dealt with have drug habits.
It's totally out of control.

gotcha. That's what I thought he stopped taking his meds and starting self-medicating with street drugs.

The list is long...

IMO, the overall, general list of differences may be long, but the list of differences that account for the ABILITY of our children to murder other children en masse is very short indeed.

Here we have a shooter, young with known mental health issues, whose threatening you tube post was reported to the FBI, who was expelled for reasons I am sure will become known, who was known as threatening by classmates, who was old enough to purchase an assault rifle but not a handgun in Florida.

Not going political here because the issue is too complex, ideological and one that has so many facets from mental health confidentiality, to law enforcement on the ground, to our lawmakers fielding the interpretation of the constitution.

But something is terribly wrong when the very tools that could have prevented this tragedy are revoked. One can say it might not have prevented this tragedy and that is also true but this problem will not be addressed by one solution. And something's missing when when the channels among all the groups who need to work together are stifled.

There are so many with mental illness who would never hurt anyone. Are they targeted as a threat to society? Is every shooter mentally ill? How do we, how can we possibly track it?

I've heard a lot about small increments and agree that's a start. And maybe part of that starts with the ability to red flag what is known--should someone with known mental illness, be allowed to freely purchase assault weapons?

We are asked here to keep the focus on mental illness and I agree because no mass shooter is sane in my opinion and our resolution is, in the words of one very wise 14 year old I saw interviewed yesterday, a matter of 'coming together as a society'.

Not only are we not protecting our children but we are also not protecting those with mental illness.

I would like an answer as to why a bill tightening checks on those with mental illness was revoked?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

I like that, don’t want a wimpy sissy man.

Wow just wow. And now we enter in the stage of using pejorative terms.
Attitudes like this are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

What in the world is a "soy boy?" A lactose intolerant male? Head scratcher.

It's a pejorative about males who do not display so-called masculine traits, qualities or characteristics. Soy contains phytoestrogens.

It's a Slur IMO and not productive to the conversation

Press conference:

All victim families have been notified. Names will be released shortly.

Suspect in court at 2pm

Have been copycat threats today at other local schools. Will investigate all of them.

Will release a timeline at the next press conference

I heard he will not be appearing (earlier) not sure if that changed --don't recall which channel was on tho

I know there are posters here on WS that are familiar with the facial characteristics of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Can you tell me is this shooter exhibiting signs of it in his face?

I looked for that but nothing definitive jumped out at me.

This is not a smart action to take when a shooter is in a building with you. The best thing I can think of, would be to stand with your back against a wall on the right or left side of the door.

This way if the shooter enters the room, you and others can team up, and tackle him from behind, and take the gun away from him.

Excellent point. Also, if in a classroom with windows, throw a desk through them and get out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77