GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FF -- you probably have a much better view of this than I do and certainly more experience, just doesn't seem reasonable that the local paper would tell readers, "In the next couple of weeks, all website visitors will need to create an account and sign in to get free access to the website; in June, the subscription requirement will kick in" (emphasis added) if it was trying to capitalize on increased readership based on the murders.

Why wait almost 2 months to insist people pay to read the paper online? Why make access so inexpensive?

Just speculating here, and I know you are, too; but I'm chalking this one up to coincidence.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ... :truce:

Not so fast Curie-us.. There was another motive mentioned; 'to silence the news of the horrific Dermond murders & lack of an arrest, POI, or suspect?
Imo, this is the likely motive. During the Meredith Emerson abduction/murder/decapitation, I posted a comment in the Dawson Advertiser on the opinion page. A gentleman called me(Real Estate Broker) and told me to cease commenting about the case. As a US veteran my reply was something like this; j#jdpo9wjwnd7wjh#uuds3h, and don't you ever call my number again! It wasn't but just a few hours til a caravan of DCSO vehicles pulled up in my driveway in an attempt to silence my voice.. They simply wanted it to go away... JMO

Think I'm repeating myself, lol, but I am not sure what personal means in this case as personal murders just simply the type of crime if I understand it correctly, then you have to wonder how SS actually meant it when he used that term

I don't think Dennis Rader's family had any idea about who he really was. He did everything right to "fit" and was the most perverted monster underneath his façade. We can learn from him that he had a life then he had his hobby, which caused so much pain and suffering. One constant with the Dermond murder is that it could be anyone among us...I agree with SS on that one.

Clearly. god, you think you know someone. Like my neighbors, STUNNED to find her husband was a rapist

ANd I believe that, BBM, so it could be ANYONE, any member of ANY organization within the community, whether acting alone or with someone

Yep, Tomkat, and he is prolly reading websleuths about now...:laughing:

That's the reason some of us have said there could be a real nut who lives near the Dermonds and just exploded over nothing. Some people are just always in attack mode and ready to strike out over anything. I imagine Mr. Dermond was no pushover and probably wouldn't take much off someone...let alone an overly aggressive lunatic. Who knows what happened to cause their deaths? IMO, it didn't have to be anything planned and plotted...

Even tho most of the BTK victims were stalked quietly and targeted for whatever reasons, the first victims son, Charlie Otero still thinks that there was soemthign that connected his father to the past and BTK through military as they both served during an overlapping time frame, several things that made him think such by his father's phrases or certain actions and later friends and acquaintences in high places, link below to more on this

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/btk/28.html

just find it so similar to what's been discussed here and I'd forgotten alot of this and didnt' know some

Well, if we had more information, no one would be speculating and the killer would be in custody

That's the reason some of us have said there could be a real nut who lives near the Dermonds and just exploded over nothing. Some people are just always in attack mode and ready to strike out over anything. I imagine Mr. Dermond was no pushover and probably wouldn't take much off someone...let alone an overly aggressive lunatic. Who knows what happened to cause their deaths? IMO, it didn't have to be anything planned and plotted...

I'm not disregarding most ideas, but any nut case could be a NC member too, or live nearby, or be a serial killer, or even could have crossed paths with D's in the past but we know they had runnins with SS, see an earlier post in regards to the cost of the BTK investigation, how would that effect lil'ole Eatonton? SOME body might get a thrill to put the Sheriffs office in terrible debt, revenge to a degree, stress and money woes on Eatonton, Sheriffs dept and Sills

I'm not disregarding most ideas, but any nut case could be a NC member too, or live nearby, or be a serial killer, or even could have crossed paths with D's in the past but we know they had runnins with SS, see an earlier post in regards to the cost of the BTK investigation, how would that effect lil'ole Eatonton? SOME body might get a thrill to put the Sheriffs office in terrible debt, revenge to a degree, stress and money woes on Eatonton, Sheriffs dept and Sills

<BBM for Focus>

Tomkat, once the pieces of the Dermonds abduction/murders/decapitation puzzle came together, or the dots had been collected and then connected. There were only two possible motives for Mr D's decapitation, imo; remove ballistics evidence or to send a message. If there was no gunpowder residue on Mr D's neck, then there was only one; to send a message. Imo, Mrs D was kept alive as a shield/hostage until the perp/s were safely in range of the boat ramp and their vehicle at which point she was a liability and no longer useful to them.

Tomkat, a high profile double homicide investigation can run into the millions, but this is inconsequential compared to the loss of commerce, property and other tax revenues for Putnam County. This is only the financial side of the equation. The peace of mind, serenity, and tranquility of Putnam County and specifically RP/GW and Lake Oconee residents will be tarnished and lost forever.. These things can't be appraised or replaced at any price...

This was the motive for this heinous crime....to send a message..a message of retribution..jmo

<BBM for Focus>

Tomkat, once the pieces of the Dermonds abduction/murders/decapitation puzzle came together, or the dots had been collected and then connected. There were only two possible motives for Mr D's decapitation, imo; remove ballistics evidence or to send a message. If there was no gunpowder residue on Mr D's neck, then there was only one; to send a message. Imo, Mrs D was kept alive as a shield/hostage until the perp/s were safely in range of the boat ramp and their vehicle at which point she was a liability and no longer useful to them.

Tomkat, a high profile double homicide investigation can run into the millions, but this is inconsequential compared to the loss of commerce, property and other tax revenues for Putnam County. This is only the financial side of the equation. The peace of mind, serenity, and tranquility of Putnam County and specifically RP/GW and Lake Oconee residents will be tarnished and lost forever.. These things can't be appraised or replaced at any price...

This was the motive for this heinous crime....to send a message..a message of retribution..jmo
Muy Excellente' mi amigo !

That's is perfect, SHIELD, exactly, hostage situation, not for monetary gain but for self preservation, well so far this theory makes much sense, and much more, the more I read and investigatel much slower on my end than yours, I find more and more that relates this case to the NC

Always thought it was to send a message also, time and time I posted but most wanted to relate it to the D's shady lifestyle which doesn't seeeeeeem to exist adn I had no idea WHAT it could a message for back then, but didnt' necessarily agree that they were directly invovled in something

This way, they aren't, they are pawns, makes more sense. All the money lost by NC and gained by Sills, makes sense they'd go for his reputation and pocketbook, or city's pocketbook

Still, it seems UNREAL, hard to fathom even though I know the pieces fit, dont' know why that is, naive maybe, that something so large and sinister can be right here in my small town, but the last thing I posted today, about the money spent on the BTK investigation, NC hit home for me again, so did my genealogy brick wall,

some days things are just clearer LOL

Hopefully, Boots will keep us updated about news from the Eatonton Messenger. I am on a tight budget, and can't subscribe. :D

And I suppose that means they could strike again if the results of late aren't to their liking?!!

Muy Excellente' mi amigo !

That's is perfect, SHIELD, exactly, hostage situation, not for monetary gain but for self preservation, well so far this theory makes much sense, and much more, the more I read and investigatel much slower on my end than yours, I find more and more that relates this case to the NC

Always thought it was to send a message also, time and time I posted but most wanted to relate it to the D's shady lifestyle which doesn't seeeeeeem to exist adn I had no idea WHAT it could a message for back then, but didnt' necessarily agree that they were directly invovled in something

This way, they aren't, they are pawns, makes more sense. All the money lost by NC and gained by Sills, makes sense they'd go for his reputation and pocketbook, or city's pocketbook

Still, it seems UNREAL, hard to fathom even though I know the pieces fit, dont' know why that is, naive maybe, that something so large and sinister can be right here in my small town, but the last thing I posted today, about the money spent on the BTK investigation, NC hit home for me again, so did my genealogy brick wall,

some days things are just clearer LOL

If this was the work of the NC...then something similar will happen again. What hotter hell on Earth for SS then two high profile murder cases...unsolved and with no leads.

RIGHT !

Or even if serial killer outside the NC, in the area he may strike again, hell BTK, struck 3 months after first murders, then until 79 and not again for 25 YEARS !!! No leads there either! The Kansas LE was also stumped but of course had their own ideas but nothing to put their fingers on

EITHER SCENARIO, NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD

If this was the work of the NC...then something similar will happen again. What hotter hell on Earth for SS then two high profile murder cases...unsolved and with no leads.

And I suppose that means they could strike again if the results of late aren't to their liking?!!

I think that we can all agree that the person/s responsible for the Dermonds abduction/murders/decapitation are sadistic psychopath/s. It is a given that psychopathic predators are recidivist.. Unless apprehended, it is not a matter of if, but when they will strike again, imo. Due to the calculations and creativity involved in this horrific crime, if indeed it is a crime of retribution. I am very concerned that the plan may have one more step before it is completed.. Hopefully, the sudden virtual media silence doesn't trigger this final act...jmo

I think that we can all agree that the person/s responsible for the Dermonds abduction/murders/decapitation are sadistic psychopath/s. It is a given that psychopathic predators are recidivist.. Unless apprehended, it is not a matter of if, but when they will strike again, imo. Due to the calculations and creativity involved in this horrific crime, if indeed it is a crime of retribution. I am very concerned that the plan may have one more step before it is completed.. Hopefully, the sudden virtual media silence doesn't trigger this final act...jmo

Unless it was a contract job.

Then it's chasing the tail again...why were the Dermonds a target? If it was a contract...and not one from NC...then why them? The NC had plenty of people to choose for retaliation other than the Dermonds...and I really don't think the Dermonds and NC had any personal knowledge of each other. The only other logical explanation..IMO...is to send a message to someone who is still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine