Gas Cans discovered by George Key date - June 24, 2008 ***REVISITED ***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

George's story about the 24th and the gas cans

• He did find them in Casey's car, and nothing was wrong.

Votes: 39 9.1%
  • He did not go into the truck, and made it up to help Casey..

Votes: 68 15.9%
  • He made it up to protect Casey and himself.

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • I have no idea. This family cannot keep dates and stories straight.

Votes: 222 52.0%

• Total voters
:confused:
:eek:
:waitasec:
I feel like a bunch of us ~ thought something was strange...
I feel like when GVS show was there....

and the local people...even...

Lots of questions.... HOPE we can hop on this..
and
get more answers !!!!

Thanks MC for bringing it up to L@@K into !!!!
Thanks for
helping SEEK ~ JUSTICE~ for little Angel CAYLEE ~!!!!:blowkiss:

jmo
God Bless !
jjgram

I keep having a problem with this and maybe you and other WS'ers can help. If George never saw into the trunk, why did he say he did and even tell LE about the clothes and the collapsible blue bin inside? And why did he even bring up the gas can incident in the first place?
I always thought that he brought up the gas can story to say that he saw in the trunk and Caylee wasn't in there. He was very adamant about telling everyone, Greta, OCSO, FBI, all about the stolen gas cans...and it really didn't have much to do with Caylee's disappearance. They are so desperate to hide all of Casey's thefts and problems, but this they just couldn't talk about fast enough. :confused:

Interesting enough this is what Cindy has to say about it:

Cindy A. Interview with LE August 1, 2008 Part 1
CA: George and I had gotten back our, I think we got back that refund check, that Stimulus check, and he and I both had to go to the bank and he had told me earlier that day that he had made the report about the gas cans and him and I met up at the bank and for some reason he was going to go right from the bank and something, and he had to go back home for something and Casey was at the house.
http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_C_AnthonyPt1_080108.htm

[Thanks to acandyrose site for a transcript of this interview]

Thanks for the link, good to re-read interviews

I always thought that he brought up the gas can story to say that he saw in the trunk and Caylee wasn't in there. He was very adamant about telling everyone, Greta, OCSO, FBI, all about the stolen gas cans...and it really didn't have much to do with Caylee's disappearance. They are so desperate to hide all of Casey's thefts and problems, but this they just couldn't talk about fast enough. :confused:

Okay now I'll have to go back and re-read GA's interview. :)
:waitasec: But I thought GA told LE that he saw or got a glimpse of a laundry bag or the collapsible bag/bin in the trunk of Casey's car?
Anyone else remember this? Did he say this? :confused::confused::crazy:

:waitasec: But I thought GA told LE that he saw or got a glimpse of a laundry bag or the collapsible bag/bin in the trunk of Casey's car?

Yes, he did say that he saw inside the trunk ..

One version had him seeing inside the trunk but in another version, he never got close enough to see inside because Casey blew right past him. IIRC he gave one version to OCSO and another to the FI.

Yes, he did say that he saw inside the trunk ..

One version had him seeing inside the trunk but in another version, he never got close enough to see inside because Casey blew right past him. IIRC he gave one version to OCSO and another to the FI.

Thank You:blowkiss:
Watched/listened to part of the July 31 interview

I'm sorry, I haven't read this whole thread - shame on me! But can anyone tell me if GA ever said any more about the tire wedges that he wanted out of the trunk in the 1st place? Remember, he wasn't heading for KC's car to get gas cans. He said he was going to rotate CA's tires and wanted the tire wedges (or something like that) from KC's trunk & that he had "bolted them down" so he wanted to get them himself rather than have KC get them and then she ran ahead of him and got the gas cans and gave to him and left. But I've never heard whether he got the tire wedges or attempted to get them at any time after that or whether he ever got to rotate CA's tires. I always thought it a little odd that he was so insistent about getting the tire wedges but as far as I know he never did. Did he?

I'm sorry, I haven't read this whole thread - shame on me! But can anyone tell me if GA ever said any more about the tire wedges that he wanted out of the trunk in the 1st place? Remember, he wasn't heading for KC's car to get gas cans. He said he was going to rotate CA's tires and wanted the tire wedges (or something like that) from KC's trunk & that he had "bolted them down" so he wanted to get them himself rather than have KC get them and then she ran ahead of him and got the gas cans and gave to him and left. But I've never heard whether he got the tire wedges or attempted to get them at any time after that or whether he ever got to rotate CA's tires. I always thought it a little odd that he was so insistent about getting the tire wedges but as far as I know he never did. Did he?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think he said he used the tire wedges has an excuse to catch KC in a lie about the gas cans.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think he said he used the tire wedges has an excuse to catch KC in a lie about the gas cans.
This is what I gathered too, he was suspicious when Casey mentioned the shed break in and made up the tire wedge story to look in her trunk.

Yes, that is what I remember, too.

George could have been near the car on June 24 and not smelled anything. The lady from Amscot who called to have the Pontiac towed said that she looked through the Pontiac's windows and saw that the car was messy. She said she didn't smell anything except the dumpster by the car. Tony said he didn't smell anything bad on June 23.

Since one of the gas cans had the same kind of duct tape on it that was found taped over Caylee's mouth, I'm not sure that Casey having had the gas cans in her body fluid stained trunk HELPS Casey.

On July 31st in George's interview w/ the FBI he tells them he saw inside the trunk, to include a blue collapsible bin and clothes. This part is at the beginning of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRs7DjtuCwU

Now on August 4th, in his interview w/ OCSO, he says he didn't see in the trunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXstJBhXnko

I don't know what it is but there is something "Wrong" with this entire Gas Can story.

George filed a police report the morning of June 24th & claimed that sometime over the weekend his shed was broken into & 2 Gas cans were stolen.

In his interview with LE George stated that..... "Casey had stolen gas in the past"

He also told police about the "Alleged" gas can encounter with Casey on the afternoon of the 24th ...& claimed that he was ....."Right up to the rear Bumper" & "I did not smell anything"

George & Cindy both seemed nervous & evasive when Great Van S. asked them about the Gas Cans during an Interview back in July.

The Gas can incident also supports Casey's claim that the car frequently ran out of gas & that it was 'Not" abandoned at Amscott

Also, if George is to be believed....There was no odor in Casey's car as of June 24th

This is what I gathered too, he was suspicious when Casey mentioned the shed break in and made up the tire wedge story to look in her trunk.

He wanted LE to know he had the opportunity to smell the car AND see into the trunk...no "pizza" smell, no Caylee. I think that's all there is to it.

Either she left them in the garage or she did a preemptive strike..."here's your *advertiser censored**ing gas cans". The latter sounds more like Casey.

I don't think George said or did anything to get those cans back. That would have been Cindy's domain. I doubt he would ever confront Casey about anything, even in the roundabout, wimpy way he described.

A father who was not afraid to confront his daughter would simply open the trunk, remove the cans and take the car away from the lying, stealing, ungrateful kid!

ETA: I believe Cindy pressured George to file the police report. Cindy liked to stir the pot and then sit back to watch it boil over!

Tony said there was no "smell".

Catherine S. from Amscot also said the car didn't smell.

Investigator White: How close did you get to the car? (Page 6, line 24)

Catherine S: Uhm...very close. Just like when I, when I go to my car. I wanted to make sure there was nothing out of the ordinary, you know. (Page 7, line 1)

White: Did you touch it?

Catherine: No, I didn't touch it, no.

White: Oh, ok. Did you smell anything, uhm, different about the car?

Catherine: No, no. Huh-huh. (negative)

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Sanchez,%20Catherine0724.pdf

I don't know what it is but there is something "Wrong" with this entire Gas Can story.

George filed a police report the morning of June 24th & claimed that sometime over the weekend his shed was broken into & 2 Gas cans were stolen.

In his interview with LE George stated that..... "Casey had stolen gas in the past"

He also told police about the "Alleged" gas can encounter with Casey on the afternoon of the 24th ...& claimed that he was ....."Right up to the rear Bumper" & "I did not smell anything"

George & Cindy both seemed nervous & evasive when Great Van S. asked them about the Gas Cans during an Interview back in July.

The Gas can incident also supports Casey's claim that the car frequently ran out of gas & that it was 'Not" abandoned at Amscott

Also, if George is to be believed....There was no odor in Casey's car as of June 24th

The gas can event never happened IMO. It was created to try to mitigate the 'dead body smell' declarations. (remember the Anthony family felt they'd thrown KC under the bus with this statement and the subsequent dog alerts and air tests).

It was "supposed" to make us think that the dead body was placed in the car during the Amscot/Tow yard days.

GA works from 3pm until 11pm. (did he stay home this day?)
GA claims to have seen KC at 2.40pm and had the wedges/gas can 'chat'.
GA and CA met at the BofA to endorse and deposit a check at 2.30pm.

KC's cellphone pings 1.5 miles from home at 2.42pm
KC's cellphone pings nr Chickasaw trail at 2.59pm.
By 3.12pm she is at AL's apartment. (which is a 23 minute drive from the Anthony home suggesting she left Hopespring at approx 2.49pm)

So in less than 7 minutes, KC opens the garage door (doesn't leave when she sees GA's car?????? - BTW, I think this is EXACTLY what happened), meets up with George and has the 'gas can showdown'.

KC also added 4 photos to her PB account on this date, so she was at a computer somewhere. IF (I can't narrow it down) these pics were uploaded from the Anthony house, then the gas can incident didn't happen for definate. IF not, it is still too tight a timeframe

**Most details were pulled from the case calendar**
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2008-6-24&c=4

Tony said there was no "smell".

Catherine S. from Amscot also said the car didn't smell.

Investigator White: How close did you get to the car? (Page 6, line 24)

Catherine S: Uhm...very close. Just like when I, when I go to my car. I wanted to make sure there was nothing out of the ordinary, you know. (Page 7, line 1)

White: Did you touch it?

Catherine: No, I didn't touch it, no.

White: Oh, ok. Did you smell anything, uhm, different about the car?

Catherine: No, no. Huh-huh. (negative)

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Sanchez,%20Catherine0724.pdf

Those statements are plausible since the odor was 'contained/sealed' in the trunk area.
The interior of the car would stink because of the way the trunk and rear seats are vented, this wouldn't be noticeable until the doors were opened (or the trunk).

IF the Amscot car park is shaded by trees, that would also 'mute' the odor somewhat.

The towyard was more likely to be unshaded, and the heat index was likely MUCH higher there.

(My other half and I often squabble about parking beneath trees - it can make a HUGE difference in the Fl heat)

I think George suspected Caylee was in the trunk; if not she was buried in the yard. He was making up an excuse to get in the trunk. He wanted to catch and set it up that way, even hiding his car in the garage. He knew CA called and told kc about the report. KC had to get them back because she wasn't sure how far her father would go (she knew CA would never do anything)...maybe he would have her arrested next over the car...so she had to bring the cans back. KC was a creature of habit and returned to the house about the same time each day. He just waited.

Wasn't Casey's text, about the bad smell in the car, sent to Amy on June 25th ? If so, that's only a day after the gas can incident w/ George. I am thinking he might have smelled the decomp, but didn't mention it then as Casey got in her car and took off quickly. I think George let the thoughts of the smell and Caylee not being around swirl around in his head and finally mentioned it to Cindy...when I don't know. The chase happened on June 29th, per E-Pass records. Maybe George had been thinking of the smell, Caylee, saw Casey driving a vehicle and wanted to find out what was going on...chasing your daughter down the highway at over 80 MPH are the actions of a desperate man, IMO. July 1 the phone calls from Cindy to Casey pick up in frequency, BIG TIME ! I don't know what they did for the next two weeks, maybe spent the majority of it trying to tell themselves that nothing was wrong and Casey just needed time away ? The chase, the phone calls say that they were very worried, what set that worry off ? I think it could have been the smell in the car...

I think George suspected Caylee was in the trunk; if not she was buried in the yard. He was making up an excuse to get in the trunk. He wanted to catch and set it up that way, even hiding his car in the garage. He knew CA called and told kc about the report. KC had to get them back because she wasn't sure how far her father would go (she knew CA would never do anything)...maybe he would have her arrested next over the car...so she had to bring the cans back. KC was a creature of habit and returned to the house about the same time each day. He just waited.
You may have a point, the garage door was closed with his car inside. He had just come home at 2:00 and had to leave soon, his job started at 3:00. I don't think I would be closing the garage door if I was going to be in and out like that...maybe he was waiting for Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back