Geraldo At Large - Sunday, 12/14/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pictures of caylee's teeth enough to make dental i.d.

Isn't that IF Caylee has been to a dentist? My pediatrican recommended taking my daughter at age 3. All pedi's tell you a different age as I have friends who were told age 2. JMO.

ETA..at my daughters dental appt..no pictures were taken of her teeth now that I think about it.

Why hasn't LE let someone on the forensic defense team watch the developments? For crying out loud, everyone knows that it's Caylee. These things will come up in court as they don't have much a defense to go on to begin with. They will grasp at any straws that they can.

At the now active crime scene? No way, no how, never has happened never will.

At the autopsy? While the trend is for a defense team to perform their own 2nd autopsy, it is not standard practice to let anyone from the defense view or participate in an initial autopsy.

The defense can cry all they want. The fact is, they are making a rare and highly unusual request. They know that. They just want to sway public opinion, and the public is a future jury.

I hope LE isn't feeling one bit pressured to finish up their crime scene investigation so the defense can get in there. I hope they take their sweet time!

me too, and did the defense forget that the court denied their motion regarding this anyway? what a bunch of crybabies!!

At the autopsy? While the trend is for a defense team to perform their own 2nd autopsy, it is not standard practice to let anyone from the defense view or participate in an initial autopsy.

The defense can cry all they want. The fact is, they are making a rare and highly unusual request. They know that. They just want to sway public opinion, and the public is a future jury.

Sing out, Louise! :clap:

Baden did make a good point imo, they know already that's it's Caylee by her teeth.
DNA wasn't available until 1989 and they identified bodies all the time.

I like when Mickey said "now just build a bridge" GR said "hey I think she has a highway" LOL

The states attorney argued that because in the past, particularly Dr Lee, has run right to a talk show and talked, the risk is too great that they would do the same after autopsy. I agree. The entire defense team lives on TV.

These big hired guns have had their over sized egos bruised, too bad!
I can't get over the older grey haired forensic expert (d team) that kept repeating, Never, never have I been refused admission to an autopsy.
Not his exact words but close enough.
Well, you've been refused now so get over it.

Especially not with fingernail LEE in tow..no way, no how.

Baden did make a good point imo, they know already that's it's Caylee by her teeth.

yes, but it is 2008 now and they identify a body with DNA (if available)

Reminds me why I said last night I wasn't tuning into GR anymore. If I'm on next weekend, tell me to shoo.

Personally I never heard of JB...............then I heard about baden's wife in 1 high profile hung jury case (Phil Spector) LEE of course with OJ...........are these guys needing PR and attention to get involved with this case??? And the ants new attorney??? I heard of NeJeme but this guy??? Want their names in a best selling book????

Thanks so much for the play by play for those of us that couldn't wrestle tv from hubby!:blowkiss:

I had a great deal of respect for Dr Baden- loved the autopsy series on HBO- but my feelings towards him are becoming very negative after these last two appearances with GR......considering his connection to the defense atty, he should not be trying to sway public with his opinions (which I'm not buying anyway)

I agree, but the standard for ID in criminal cases has changed, it's no longer 1989.

I can't get over the older grey haired forensic expert (d team) that kept repeating, Never, never have I been refused admission to an autopsy.

While representing the defense? I highly doubt that.

Kimberly Gilfore says lots of evidence from house, kc stories and actions at club.....breaking neck, death in trunk..........Kim says slam dunk........I pray so!!!!

"Absolutely", in all honesty I feel quite calm and confident that the prosecutors/SA's will prove kc murdered Caylee and that she will not see the light of day for a very long time.... if ever again.

KC 's life as she knew it is over, forever. The day she killed Caylee was the day she also killed herself.

I agree, but the standard for ID in criminal cases has changed, it's no longer 1989.

And, has anyone yet verified that Caylee ever saw a dentist, to have records to compare? I have a 2 yr old gd that has been, due to speech problems, but her 4 yr sister hasn't been yet, no problems-will go in spring before pre-k.

While representing the defense? I highly doubt that.

Of course he didn't imply he was never refused "while representing the defense." That would have made him look pretty silly, wouldn't it?
Baez and his team are overgrown cry babies.

How offensive!! They don't need to be worried about leveling a playing field. I trust LE to handle this. Even if these guys were allowed in they'd find something to fault LE with. Who are they kidding?

LE and their techs have been doing this kind of work for years but now Baden thinks they should have a anthropologist? Please.

LE will do a thorough job because they know ketchup Lee will be in there just hoping to find a sliver of bone to show them up.

imoo

That's Cyril Wecht. He's a clinical professor at the U of Pittsburg and has his own Institute. Some time ago, he was prosecuted by the FBI in Federal court, which ended in a mistrial. He has *no* love for the FBI, period.

He's never been refused admission to an autopsy is a stretch for him to say. He was accused of participating in other counties' autopsies and charging them, then pocketing the money when he was the ME for Allegheny County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gordock