Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there more than one photo? I've only seen the one where he's pretending to play the ukelele and she's hula dancing.

I think there's merit to what you're saying. I remain convinced that she's crazy/homicidal and he's just ... I don't know. Morally bankrupt, delusional, and in way over his head. But that doesn't mean he's not scared s**tless of her. In a sense she has nothing to lose; she's already lost her mind and dispensed with her kids and her husband. There is no line she won't cross or hasn't crossed. If Chad messed with her "reality", she could have ruined him completely, before the cops got wise to everything, either by exposing all of them, or by having Alex kill him.

I don't think she has that leverage now, so it will be really interesting to watch what position their defense teams take come July 1st!
The MOST interesting day will be July 23!

OMG it's taken me days to keep up with these threads! There is a lot of stuff getting repeated over and over and over. Please, if you're new, read through the fascinating Timeline on page 1 of this thread. You won't be disappointed and it will answer so many questions! Also, since some of us haven't read it in a while, it's great to get fresh eyes on it like this discussion re: the orange bag!

Everything here is MOO

Couple of things:
In the zoomed image @Sorelle19 posted (I tried to insert it but amazingly can't figure that out?? I don't have a URL, I have a file to upload and it doesn't seem to like the path I gave it.) I *think* I can clearly see a gray sweatshirt folded up with something yellow on the chest/front--like an emoji or other picture. I don't know for sure it's the one we see her wearing in YNP, but if it is, it would indicate to me that she was murdered immediately after that outing. Or, that is was her favorite sweatshirt and she wore it all the time like I did as a teen.

That picture, and @vislaw's awesome picture series actually lead me to believe that the orange thing does not have remains in it. As others have stated, everyone is gathered around the hole. They aren't even using the LIDAR on the orange thing, I'm certainly not an expert, but wouldn't they want to take the LIDAR measurements before they moved any remains? If the orange bag is stuff of relevance, I think it was personal effects/evidence that CD buried on top of the body/s as a physical barrier between them and the outside world--someone's random digging, perhaps he hoped it would thwart ground-penetrating readings of any kind while also disposing of additional evidence. I hope it's full of evidence!

What I've read on the internet from various body farm studies, is that a body buried directly in the ground takes about 1 year to skeletonize. Based on that, and the fact that most of this was winter with frozen ground, I think there is more available to identify than there might otherwise be. I think this is why when Annie Cushing and the Woodcocks spoke to the FBI over the phone (per their comments) they were able to tell them, yes, it's the kids. Also possibly JJ still had his clothes on, and Tylee her long hair, etc.

I think Tylee was desecrated because they were trying to dispose of the body by a different means--burning or dismemberment (shudder), possibly both. I think once they realized it wasn't going well they disposed of the rest of her remains by the fire pit, where that had generally taken place. I think JJ was not desecrated simply because they'd learned their lesson the hard way with Tylee and just buried him. I would assume they drugged them both to sleep and then did something "simple" like smothered them. Clean, no struggle, no confrontation.

Tylee was also too large for Chad to move by himself. Remember him struggling with moving things into/out of the storage facility? He had to have had help. My guess would be Alex, but I certainly don't know.

I do wonder why the perfect rectangle of dead grass on the property surrounding the remains. Someone else said the two upright poles are the remains of a horse hitch (I think it was) from the previous owner. Perhaps that rectangle used to have an entire holding pen of some type that would have killed all the grass? CD finally removed it, buried the kid(s), and then told his family he needed to re-sod over that patch? I dunno.

Chad said the bodies needed to be 5' underground, as opposed to 6' (not 2' as was stated earlier). This comes from his book about being a sexton, One Foot in the Grave.

Tammy went home for what is called General Conference weekend. Since she didn't need to rush home (no work Monday), my guess is she would have stayed at her parents' place for all of GC, which would mean until at least 4PM local time that Sunday, October 6, 2019.

As for the quick marriages, in the LDS faith as was eluded to just recently, in order to become a God, a man and woman must be sealed. So, you cannot become a God without a spouse. I also know that the more nebulous end-times community believes that you cannot become a "gatherer" (and possibly other leadership roles) without being married. Now, their LV marriages were not sealings, but since CD & LVD "sealed" their own marriage in their minds, I think it's safe to say these couples just waved their fingers at each other and felt all tingly inside and called it a sealing. :rolleyes:

Whew! Now back to catching up, as I'm sure another thread has started while I wrote this!

Everything MOO! :confused:

In the second to last photo, am I the only one seeing a big stuffed animal head? Like a fox or a bear? At the top of the orange pile right in the middle. It looks like one of those kids sleeping bags or blankets with the pillow attached. The angle of this photo is great. I originally thought from the aerial photos that it was a plastic irrigation dam.

I see it!

1) Chad and/or Lori. Some think it could have been Alex.

I am of the opinion based on their behaviour and how the bodies were dealt with that Lori murdered Tylee, and that both Chad and Lori murdered JJ. The viciousness of how Tylee's body seems to have been dealt with doesn't fit with lazy Chad nor Alex - who I think was having problems with killing Tammy and I think the kids are a shore too far for him. His other assaults and murders seem to be in their defense. Coming up with that motivation to protect children from abusive or molesting husbands isn't that hard for most people to imagine, whereas actually murdering an innocent woman and two children you've loved is. Don't see Alex being able to do it.

If Chad was challenged while killing Tylee he might have over done it then had to be a hero of zombie killing for Lori's' benefit though so I won't negate that possibility. But I think it was Lori - she is the only person to possibly harbour that level of rage at Tylee for growing up.

Tylee texted at some point that she was so hungry - I'm assuming that it is possible Lori didn't like how the extra weight reflected on herself so was starving Tylee to make her more in to a mirror of Mommy.

Whereas JJ's body seems to have had some attempt at an almost memorial style burial - possibly subconsciously done. Which certainly says some sort of regret on the part of the person burying him. I think that either Chad or Lori could have done that one.

Unless he was buried alive. While I don't really see what others see in the aerial photos ever since someone said they saw an arm up in the ground this horrible possibility has haunted me. I really hope it wasn't.

There are bricks in the photos which I keep hoping didn't come from the burial being weighed down and are just from the fire pit.

2) There is nothing to suggest how either of them died.
I'd put nothing past Lori in this with Tylee. Shooting her seems quite possible. Something that involves Tylee fighting for her life to warrant her body being treated with extra contempt.

JJ there is really nothing to give any ideas. Drowning children is common enough.

3) The children were murdered because Chad and Lori are horrible evil people and these children were in the way of their plans for personal greatness. Their deaths are tributes to Chad and Lori's willingness to take charge of the apocalypse and deal swiftly with the powers of dark spirits. Plus, they were in the way.

That's my take on it, but there is no physical evidence we have access to that would support this.

Thank you very much for helping to orient me to this case! I appreciate your kindness.

Lori Vallow's son speaks out following discovery of Tylee and J.J.'s remains
Lori Vallow's son speaks out following discovery of Tylee and J.J.'s remains
5ee5b92311fa0.image.jpg
Oh, My Broken heart.
This was so hard to read without tears.
Thank you for sharing this.

Hello all. I usually anxiously awaited someone else reply posting what I was thinking since I'm not confident enough in my memory to post. I've followed these threads since the remains were found and haven't seen my opinion or questions asked or posted.
I don't believe it was Chad who spilled the beans. If he had, I believe they would've had him at least in the back yard for further assistance. Maybe not at the digging spot, but by the barn? Back of the house? In a LEO car in the driveway at the back of the house? Which leads me to my question. If they knew or thought they were going to find something, why did they let him sit in the car alone? Wouldn't they have a fear of him bolting or trying to hurt himself? In past cases, if the beans were spilled, the spiller would be accompanying the investigators to the spot or an official would be with the spiller close by, even if as a support. Sorry if this was posted and I missed it.
They had all routes monitored in case he bolted, which he did. Basically they let him show them his guilty actions.

Yes, we do. The explanation has already been posted so I am not going to go through it again.
MOO do you have a link? All the MSM I can find say only: one of set of bodies was concealed in a particularly egregious manner.

They had all routes monitored in case he bolted, which he did. Basically they let him show them his guilty actions.

I agree they did cover most bases. Haven't heard/seen if his car was searched that day before the arrest, but if not, how could they be sure he didn't have a weapon in there? If he could be involved in the murder and/or the disposal of children, his wife is in jail, all his family, friends and followers about to find out the truth, he'd surely be able to do in himself. moo

It’s a common problem for long-haul truckers. A friend of mine has dealt with it - actually changed careers.

And he wasn't just a long-haul trucker, he was a long-haul trucker shuttling hazardous waste from Arizona to Arkansas. Lord only knows what kind of PPE he was equipped with, especially on the Arkansas end.

https://twitter.com/AnnieCushing/status/1272337197153300481

Annie Cushing

@AnnieCushing

The beautiful people of #Rexburg had a vigil last night for #TyleeRyan and #JJVallow and asked if I'd write a tribute for them. Meet the amazing kids behind the headlines. #lorivallow #doomsdaymom https://facebook.com/irishannie/posts/10158525947196880…

6:16 PM · Jun 14, 2020·TweetDeck
I was holding it together until the end of Tylee's tribute, specifically:

"And I’m also jealous your dad gets you all to himself now. He was always so competitive and would surely rub it in if he could, finishing off his humble brag with his sideways grin. I’m grateful he finally won full custody and that neither of you will ever suffer at that woman’s hand again. Please give him a hug from me. I love you, Tylee. Rest in peace."

I'm not sure what to think about JR's character, but the way this was written pushed me over the edge. It is comforting to imagine these two in the arms of loving fathers.

I think it could have been started/blended as a sex cult prepper offshoot that went too far, where Chad could be a "leader" and at the same time justify infidelity. Then he met Lori, and the two of them just spun out of control.. I think many people in the 40-50 age range get pulled into this as part of a midlife crisis. I can tell you that my parents (LDS) were approached by people in their ward of supposedly good standing (priesthood leaders) to participate in a complex "wife swap" about 30 years ago when they would have been mid 40s. Moo.
Wow! I wonder how common this is. We keep hearing about it.

Comparison of CDs Charges
DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION OR CONCEALMENT OF EVIDENCE, Felony Idaho Code 18-2603
Count I (JJ)
CD...did willfully conceal and/or did aid and abet another to willfully conceal human remains, knowing that said human remains were about to be produced, used and/or discovered as evidence in felony proceeding...
Count II (Tylee)
CD...did willfully destroy, alter and/or conceal human remains, and/or did aid and abet another to willfully destroy, alter and/or conceal human remains knowing that said human remains were about to be produced, used and/or discovered as evidence in felony proceeding,

Note: CD did, and/or aided another to, conceal human remains (of JJ) and did, and/or aided another to destroy, alter and/or conceal human remains (of Tylee).

Case Activity
State of Idaho v. Chad Guy Daybell
CR22-20-0755 - Fremont County

>Criminal Complaint - filed 09:48 (s/Judge F Eddins)
>Warrant of Arrest - filed 09:48 (s/Judge F Eddins)
>Motion to Seal - filed 09:55 (f/R H Wood)
>Order to Seal - filed 10:16 (s/Judge F Eddins
>Bail Hearing/Arraignment - held @11:00
>Amended Order to Seal - filed 12:57 (s/Judge F Eddings/16:46)
Language: "sealing the affidavit for probable cause submitted with the complaint is necessary to prevent harm to any person or persons"

Note: Whatever was discovered this day--caused the judge add amend the order to seal by adding the language: "is necessary to prevent harm to any person or persons."

Bond Hearing/Arraignment
June 10, 2020 @ 11:00
Prosecutor Robert H Wood's arugument for the $1M bail
(Not official transcript/not verbatim)
"uh...one of the primary reasons we are asking that bail be set a that amount
...is that the evidence that has been concealed in this case, its not simply a document, drugs, a gun, ah...these are human remains um…
...and we can, although those remains have not yet been positively identified...we are aware that those remains are the remains of children which we believe is an aggravating factor
...ah we, we have asked that the probable cause affidavit be sealed but I would ask the court to take note of paragraphs 39 and 40 and the manner of the concealment of one of those bodies--which the states finds to be particularly egregious both an aggravating factor and bears on character..."

Note:
Based on the condition of one of the bodies--it is alleged to have been done in an egregious and aggravated way--implying something was done that increased the injuries. Also, according to CD's attorney, CD waived his right to a preliminary hearing. Why waive your right to a speedy trial if you have any kind of defense?

**************** CONTAINS MY OPINION ******************
**I see matching charges in the short future of CD and LV**

I know Chad and Lori are considered innocent until proven guilty but based on the information herein, the hammer is about to drop.

>The Judge has determined that, if revealed, the information in the affidavit for probable cause to arrest CD, sealing it from public view "is necessary to prevent harm to person or persons";

>the prosecutor considers his actions to be "both an aggravating factor and bears on [his] character";

>the language in the criminal complaint alleges that he did the crime and/or he helped another person do the crime. The state is clearly hoping to break them.

Either way, the crimes for which they have already been charged, this barely the tip of the iceberg. These charges will not even matter once the next charges are placed. I speculate by by summer end. Just in time for the holiday season!

Without access to one another now that they are both in jail, they better pray those portals work behind bars. They will not be able to manipulate or prophesize their way out of this one.

I bet CD takes a plea in order to avoid the death penalty. The death penalty might not sit well with all his nonsense about the afterlife, having experienced different lives, etc. Ending a life naturally might be compatible, but the death penalty? I don't think that would work so well. Plus, it just might not go along with his prepper mentality. It was not exactly the "end of days" apocalypse he had been depending on for rescue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member