IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone link where the info of RL arrested at midnight is coming from? I can't find anything in MSM at all.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this is right, but I read that they log in all their arrests at midnight?

Is there a possibility that they followed thru on arresting P.O. at midnight for his probation violation , regardless of his age, regardless of his health issues because maybe he might be one of those people who saw evidence not released by LE. A 'Loose lips sink ships' kind of preventative measure? If he saw something while LE , ME, investigators all over the place, possibly saw evidence or overheard a conversation by LE , possibly they were afraid he would have a few drinks, drive down to the local bar and let loose with some private Intel that was not supposed to repeat? Possibly locking him up due to probation violation also prevents him from talking about things he may have seen or heard to family members, friends, neighbors, etc? JMOHO

I have been wondering if it could be something like this.
Or if maybe he was arrested so he could be protected somehow...like if some crazy murder might come back to the scene and RL lives so close?

Jail record has time of booking, I'm not sure an actual arrest time has been given

Can you link that? I think I'm on the right site but am lost...

I have been wondering if it could be something like this.
Or if maybe he was arrested so he could be protected somehow...like if some crazy murder might come back to the scene and RL lives so close?

That's not something that is ever done, IMO. If they thought he needed extra protection, I think they would just get some LEOs to guard his property or something. They aren't going to arrest someone and put them in jail to protect them.

That's not something that is ever done, IMO. If they thought he needed extra protection, I think they would just get some LEOs to guard his property or something. They aren't going to arrest someone and put them in jail to protect them.

Agree.

I suppose it's possible to arrest him for the purpose of obtaining DNA if he declined to give it. I would assume it would be pretty difficult to keep all of your DNA to yourself after spending a weekend in jail.

Or maybe just because they "had to" since they discovered he'd violated his probation. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm really confused, and am new to this site to forgive me if this is common knowledge.

When I think of sleuthing, I think of detective work, which is looking for evidence and following that forward.

It seems there is just massive googling of sex offenders and RL. I don't think that is very productive or even right.

Obviously the police are looking at sex offenders and have more info than any of us. Further, to think anyone has a suspect in mind from that grainy photo and a sexual abuse past is a bit off.

Calling in tips should be reserved to "my brother looks like that and wasn't home all day" or "I found blood in my dads truck". Not "there's an overweight sex offender in Idaho that could have done it".

"Sluething" a guy already in custody is only to feed a selfish curiosity and has no potential to help, only hurt. I'm sure the many law enforcement agencies working on this have google.

C'mon guys, this is not detective work. It's a good group of people who are anxious to add value and can't because of restricted LE release of evidence. Obviously there is more video and audio, and it's not being released for a reason. Until they release more, they clearly don't need anyone cruising registries and police blotters.

I posted something similar several threads ago.I hope it's okay to repost. I'd probably word it a bit differently now (the "nonsense" part in particular), but the point is still the same:

KenzieK said:
Completely agree! Some people don't seem to understand the difference between a tip and a theory. LE can come up with plenty of their own theories (using a lot more resources based on a lot more information than the public has available). The only time a member of the public can help solve this case is if they have information that LE does NOT have and/or is not publicly available. You'd think this would be common sense, but evidently it's not.

Examples of things that are NOT "tips":
- "You should look into RSOs"
- "I think the perp might be hiding a gun. I can totally see the outline.
- "Check out the map of the crime scene and sketch of the suspect I made."
- "You should look into men who had knee replacements because my uncle had one and walks like that."

Examples of useful TIPS:
- "My co-worker looks a bit like the suspect, and I just found two pairs of girls panties in his desk drawer."
(If the victims were found fully clothed LE will quickly move on, but if they were found nude with their underwear missing they'd follow up on this.)

- "I found a bloody knife in my neighbor's garage. He claims he cut up a deer with it, but the story he gave me didn't add up."
(If the victims were strangled LE would probably dismiss the tip, but if they were stabbed they might follow up on it).

- "My husband has been acting strange since that day, and when I asked where his blue jacket and brown hoodie were he claimed he lost them, but he doesn't remember when or where."
(They would likely follow up on this due to someone reporting a close family member).

I realize that at the press conference they encouraged the public to call with any tips no matter how insignificant they seemed. However, I'm pretty sure they did NOT mean to call in with wild (or even plausible) theories. Hopefully within those 10,000 plus calls and emails they received there's a few that actually qualify as TIPS, and hopefully one will actually pan out. I'm just afraid that it's going to take much longer to get to that viable tip because they have to sort through 9,999 pieces of nonsense to get to it.

I'm new here, but this is how I view this forum: It's a place for people to theorize and speculate about crimes in a civilized and non-offensive manner. Unlike other places WS does not allow opinions or rumors to be presented as fact, so I do find it to be a good source of information. However, I do not believe that it does anything to help solve crimes or aid the investigation. Much of what is being discussed here has absolutely no relevance to catching the perp. With the little information and resources we have available there's no way we could ever get ahead of investigators. Even IF someone were able to reconstruct the entire crime start to finish we still wouldn't know the perp's name or location.

So what’s the point of all the discussions about hats, guns, maps, locations etc? IMO it’s a mental exercise of sorts. It might be called a hobby, or a passion, and in some cases even an obsession. I suppose there are worse ways to spend your time (although I could think of a lot of better ones too. Lol). I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I just have an issue with people getting carried away and bombarding the tip line with wild theories about the perp hiding a standard poodle under his jacket. :scared:

Bottom line is we all desperately want to help the investigation...but I think we may need to settle for not hurting the investigation (or the families of the victims or innocent third parties). All JMO.

I hope this doesn't end up with PO in the same long-term position of the PO in the Jacob Wetterling case whose life was under intense scrutiny by the public. He had to live with constant suspicion for far too long. Terrible situation for an innocent man.

I think it is interesting that LE has said that they would be arresting people who are not involved in the girls' murders as they go through this investigation and now the PO has been arrested! They have been so open and vocal about their intention to not overlook other crimes. It seemed odd that they would say that because it seems that would prevent some from calling in a possibly relevant tip. Such as, a wife may see "red flags" in regard to a husband but she doesn't call in a tip because it may draw LE attention to her adult son who is involved in drugs or whatever. But, I figured LE's reasoning in making those public statements was so that there would not be automatic condemnations of those arrested as those arrests unfolded. Now the PO has been arrested on a probation violation. I hope LE addresses this quickly. I hope PO does not have to live with a burden of being suspected of involvement in the murders if he is not!

Could someone have used other portions of PO's property in carrying out the murders? I know he wasn't home that afternoon. And, wasn't there statements by some searchers early on that the area where the girls were found had been searched that evening and yet they were not discovered during that search? It seemed ludicrous, to me, IMO, that the girls were murdered elsewhere and then brought back to the area and placed on PO's property. That would be too risky. But, what if the murderer(s) held the girls for some period of time in some very nearby location and then took them to where they were found after the majority or all of the searchers had left. If he was nearby he could have heard the search party, including their departure.

Could a search warrant of PO's property be executed while he is in jail? What, if any, advantages would there be to the investigation to have PO not on the property during a search? I don't know the law on this scenario.

It sounds like a group of volunteers were searching, they found a set of footprints which they followed to an "area" / not to the actual bodies, but then at some point, a singular person from the search party found the girls. They must have spread out after they found the footprints. Just basing that on the quotes from the two sources.. not sure with what accurately the information was reported. Wish we knew if "set" meant a set from a single person, or set of multiple persons.

I would consider "a set" as meaning footprints from one person. MOO.

This whole search thing seems as off to me as everything else. It seems like I remember it also being said that a neighbor volunteer found the bodies.

OTOH, Ms. Boucher (volunteer) was interviewed and the article stated: "[FONT=&amp]They (her group) had been instructed to stay away from the area where the girls had last been seen because search dogs were out. Authorities told volunteers they didn’t want to chance contaminating the scene."
[/FONT]
More here: http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html

It seems like all the searching the night before would have surely contaminated the scene unless no one went down by the creek. But they apparently let some searchers in that area because it was a searcher/searchers that found the tracks.

I wonder why the dogs didn't find the bodies?

BG = Bridge Guy

PO=Property owner

Do we now have two drinking games? (It took me 24 hours to figure out what PO meant!)
Yes.
Drink.
Drink.
Hiccup

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Could someone have used other portions of PO's property in carrying out the murders? I know he wasn't home that afternoon. And, wasn't there statements by some searchers early on that the area where the girls were found had been searched that evening and yet they were not discovered during that search? It seemed ludicrous, to me, IMO, that the girls were murdered elsewhere and then brought back to the area and placed on PO's property. That would be too risky. But, what if the murderer(s) held the girls for some period of time in some very nearby location and then took them to where they were found after the majority or all of the searchers had left. If he was nearby he could have heard the search party, including their departure.

Snipped quote to save space.

PO called LE two years (I think) ago to report an unauthorized person in his barn.

Let me go hunt that report back up.

http://m.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html#.WMW2yvdOnqA

I wonder if there had been other issues with either transients or trespassing adolescents using PO's barn to hang around in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The timing of RL'S arrest is odd to me. Unless while searching Saturday they found something that went against the rules of his probation?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wonder if they happened to catch him driving ?

The more videos I see of the bridge, the more it terrifies me. Its totally off topic.. but I wouldnt cross that, sorry. Its beautiful but .. nope.
After watching the video shared by @cattlekate above #769 what is the white thing at the very end of the trail? is that a path/road that goes underneath the bridge? shown at about 5:53 on the video? where does it lead, come from if it is?
Sorry if its been mentioned but had never noticed it before.
TIA
All MOO

There is a trail down a steep hill that drops down to the flat area where the girls were found. The area up the hill is toward PO's acreage. This can be seen in the videos that he gave to reporters. This could be the "down the hill" that the perp was directing one or both of the girls to go down. I know there are many "down the hill" places but not all of them have a trial and not all of them directly border the area where the girls were found.

This is speculative and thus probably futile but I am developing a theory, which is very rare for me to do. I never have much to offer on cases that I follow.

One more thing I am mulling over... LE's statement about the possibility of there being multiple perps. There is the possibility that LE thinks, based on some evidence, that the girls were separated at some point before their deaths. If so, maybe they have some recorded evidence of one perp and his actions with or toward one of the girls but they hear nothing to indicate that the other girl is present or they could even hear the perp sending one of the girls elsewhere. They may think there are two different places where a murder occurred or that the girls were separated and then brought back together for their deaths.

I don't know. I am just brainstorming how they can think there are multiple perps without being able to say that there absolutely were two or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay