IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an old paper article listing RL reported a trespasser in his barn who was gone when police arrived, back a few years ago. I don't have the link. But more curious to me is that he mentions a son that played where the girls were found back as a kid. Maybe just a statement, but it struck me odd. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't allowed to sleuth his family members (I know you're not suggesting it, just taking the opportunity to mention it) but someone here mentioned coming across his obituary at one point. Very sad to lose a child. JMO.

I also think the twist is something that hasn't been revealed. It is something that makes this very complicated. It's a puzzle piece that doesn't fit with the evidence they have.
Indeed. That is how I interpret what LE has said.

BBM

Yes, I see what you are getting at, and I still think it is on the same wave length. IMO, He sounds bewildered as to how it was done (like how did the perp carry not one but two girls down that hill to leave them by the water?).

Yes, what is just up that hill?

I don't know, when that camera pans up the hill to the two guys walking together, I thought it looked pretty steep. All the steeper if you are carrying something heavy. I could imagine it could be hard to keep steady and to keep from sliding. Of course, nothing says that BG would have chosen that exact path. But the guy did look around as if to find a spot that didn't look too steep to make sense of it.

Which is exactly why someone might point out that it would not be possible to carry two bodies from "up there" wherever "up there" points to.

And so the search party missed them on the evening of the 13th? I'm not disagreeing with you, but seems like they were in the area of the search and dogs and I'm trying to wrap my head around that...

In regards to the search party. Do we know exactly where that search party began and ended because the trail ends at the North side of the bridge, goes over Hoosier Heartland highway and all the way into town to Riley Park. Maybe they thought the girls headed down the trail back into town and that's where their main search was that first evening?

Re: The Twist as stated in an interview by LE.

After listening to the interview in its entirety and within the context, it is clear to me that LE was describing the Twist in relation other homicide cases they have previously handled. This officer was initially describing a double homicide that involved a family and thus was a linear investigation and not complicated.

When comparing the deaths Abby and Liberty to previous homicide cases, A+L's has a twist because it's not a linear case and doesn't involve commonly "known" suspects because theirs has an "unknown" person(s) element to it. Thus, the twist .

Wow thanks for that link. I do much better reading than listening and Mr. Logan sounds devastated in the interview he also said the crime scene was pristine and I think that says something about how they were killed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I wonder what is meant by "pristine?" Does that mean after LE cleaned it up so well you couldn't tell anything happened there?

Many houses here in Indiana have basements, at least ones before they started making them with cookie cutters about 20 years ago. Rural houses especially would have basements almost certainly.
Would older properties have what are called (at least around where I have lived) "cold cellars" or "root cellars"? They are generally from a time gone by, but the structures may still exist.

Is it possible the neighbors didn't know how the victims got to the place they were found? Could it simply mean they believed based on the terrain that the girls had been forced to WALK THERE?

Good point. :thinking:

Im throwing this out as just one more possibilty of what could have brought the perp to this area on a previous occasion, One of the commenters makes an interesting connection to another crime. This is just another thing to think on, and nothing I have any firm opinions about.

https://youtu.be/zkZ9CvSX2o8

The only reason I am surprised LE has not spoken about the arrest is because they were so adamant about speculation and rumors. They have to know this man is getting scrutinized, to say the least, all over the internet.

I wonder what is meant by "pristine?" Does that mean after LE cleaned it up so well you couldn't tell anything happened there?
I had the same thought as if they had removed soil etc for forensics but I haven't seen it mentioned they did I know we don't know COD but if go by his statement we can eliminate a few maybe

ETA I hope that's the case there are some vicious rumors on SM as to what happened and as a mother of a daughter I hope for the girls that's not what happened and that justice comes soon

Just want to comment on why some are interested in the general behavior, attitude and habits of the LO.
[Deleted]
So many details to consider...and so many ways to see things.
Edit : I deleted what I said about the behavior and habits of the PO, because I thought it might be against the rules. I certainly have not meant to suggest he was in any way complicit in the crime. You can't pin the blame on people going through the motions in their daily lives who "happen to supply the POI with something" the POI needs, any more than you can blame the victim(s). But a good investigator would look into what attracted the POI to the PO's property, and it may very well be what the property had to offer from the visual standpoint - privacy. That slope from the cemetery down to the creek may have been all that the POI needed and wanted. MOO

Struggling to piece things together...
[End Edit]

I found an old paper article listing RL reported a trespasser in his barn who was gone when police arrived, back a few years ago. I don't have the link. But more curious to me is that he mentions a son that played where the girls were found back as a kid. Maybe just a statement, but it struck me odd. Anything known about the property owner's son?

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

This story is OT, but not...

http://www.indystar.com/story/life/2017/03/12/want-live-107-bernice-tell-you-how/98955410/

In it, a 107 year old Indiana woman tells her thoughts on living a long life. Near the end she mentions the girls - it caught me off guard when I read it, despite the fact I found the article while googling for news. It's so touching to me for some reason:

Neither a smoker nor drinker, Bohannon says she takes no medicine other than the occasional Tylenol. She still sees well enough to sew and to read her Bible. She doesn't watch much TV but keeps up with the news, and she says she prays every day.

"I pray for good health and good things for people. And (for people) to quit killing. Those two little girls that got killed (near Delphi last month) &#8212; terrible."

i don't think they have discussed how they were found...covered, not covered, hidden, not hidden...

If the girls were covered / hidden, that could certainly explain why they were discovered the night before (if they were there then). That has really bothered me.

i don't think they have discussed how they were found...covered, not covered, hidden, not hidden...

<modsnip> The photos of where the girls were found and the property owner's statement that they were found in the middle of the crime tape appears to show trees, leaves, but the soil not really disturbed imo.
11e713a2f20304259fe104bd4a73d8fd.jpg
f42b69cd615c5f2292cda71a6b3ad548.jpg

At the time of the property owner's CNN interview, the transcript makes mention that the crime scene tape was still up. We've seen the fairly large area that the tape surrounds, so I just don't think anyone could tell anything from being on the outside perimeter of that tape, with all those leaves, and not even knowing precisely where each body was found. (Not going to get graphic, but IF there was blood evidence, it would be brownish at that time and most likely blend right into the leaves, only visible if someone was standing almost on top of it.)

In regards to the search party. Do we know exactly where that search party began and ended because the trail ends at the North side of the bridge, goes over Hoosier Heartland highway and all the way into town to Riley Park. Maybe they thought the girls headed down the trail back into town and that's where their main search was that first evening?
Good point! Although we do know that Mr. Logan gave permission to search his property that night as well.

I had the same thought as if they had removed soil etc for forensics but I haven't seen it mentioned they did I know we don't know COD but if go by his statement we can eliminate a few maybe

ETA I hope that's the case there are some vicious rumors on SM as to what happened and as a mother of a daughter I hope for the girls that's not what happened and that justice comes soon
We can only eliminate some COD's if the scene was truly pristine and the girls were killed where they were found. If either or both of those conditions are not true then I don't think any COD is off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper