Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Lisa herself is a juvenile.

Crimes where a juvenile is a perpetrator are confidential. Crimes in which the victim is a juvenile are not, excepting certain sex crimes, where the identity of the victim is concealed.
Could there be confidentiality relating to Grand Jury proceedings? Yes.

Same with Victoria Staffords mom ~ she failed too and was totally innocent.

seems to be par for the course on these cases....innocent parents failing polys!...its got to the point were i would be more suspicious if a parent passed!:waitasec:

Crimes where a juvenile is a perpetrator are confidential. Crimes in which the victim is a juvenile are not, excepting certain sex crimes, where the identity of the victim is concealed.
Could there be confidentiality relating to Grand Jury proceedings? Yes.

Not in my state. Juvenile's names are not released..... ever. moo

seems to be par for the course on these cases....innocent parents failing polys!...its got to the point were i would be more suspicious if a parent passed!:waitasec:

What parents were innocent after taking polys? ita

I think we can all sit here and say "I wouldn't let someone I didn't know well use up all my minutes", but that's clearly what she did. I don't think there's any disagreement - even coming from Dane - that he was using MW's phone that evening and he had the phone when the call was supposed to have come in.

Also, Virgin Mobile (isn't that the company she had?) has good plans monthly. For 25.00 you can get 300 minutes of actual calls with unlimited texting.

There's no doubt it's a useful tool. And it definitely behoves the parent to take the test, because if he doesn't take it he's going to appear just as suspect as if he took it and failed.

Because polygraph results are inadmissible in court, LE has developed psychologically sophisticated means of conducting interviews that moreorless replicate the results of ldt(s). But, if LE can get someone to take a polygraph without having the witness verify the results, then LE can characterize the results as part of the confrontational phase of the interrogation.

What parents were innocent after taking polys? ita

Breannes...Tori staffords....christopher Abyetas...thats just off the top of my head...i've had a couple of glasses of wine...(in my defense its 9pm here) so can't think of more at the mo..:seeya:

Not in my state. Juvenile's names are not released..... ever. moo

I was speaking generally. The federal code has has exempted some crimes involving child victims and child witnesses from the the public record rule. But most states that have tried to completely conceal a child's identity in any type of court proceeding have not survived constitutional scrutiny. It is only in those cases where the child's right to privacy outweighs the public's need to know.

I have not seen any screen shots for the changes in Jersey's docket as described by Dr. Know, but even if a juvenile were involved in the proceeding, Tanko's portion of the proceedings would not be confidential as he is being tried as an adult. The id of a juvie co-defendant would be kept confidential and the case transferred to juvenile court unless the juvenile were to be tried as an adult.. The identity of victims is not displayed on the docket as the parties are the state and the defendant.
So, I don't know what Dr.Know saw,

Maybe someone could provide the case number that is suppose to be confidential....because when I look at Casenet this is what I see.

Tanko was originally charged by the prosecutor. The case was later taken to a grand jury who in turn issued the same charge this week. The grand jury indictment superseded the original charge by the Clay County prosecutor and thus the original charge disappears.

In Jackson County, taking such a charge to a grand jury would be unusual because of their high crime volume. No idea about Clay County.

I think the drinkers entered the home that night. That is why some of the windows were open. moo

Actually, I read (no link!) that DB dsaid she opened the window in the computer room while she was on the computer. So I believe there was only ONE window (not plural re bold) open.

I don't understand MW allowing Dane (or anyone else) to use up her time on a pre-paid WalMart phone. I just don't get that. If I had limited resources and used such I'd use it sparingly myself and I certainly wouldn't let just anyone latch on to it.

Totally agree.

Been following this for weeks. Some ask, "what motive" would Jersey have? I ask that too, but as I read these posts, so much of it about Jersey, I develop a picture of how he operates. Sort of stupidly, he seems to "loose" so much of the time. Get caught, and all that. But I've wondered this, "what if he somehow was just about to get caught?" What would he do? He is pretty good at breaking in to houses, I think he broke in before DB came inside. I think DB put boys to bed before she came inside. What if he got in through the back while they drink and he waits? He gets the phones, and he has something else of more value in mind to steal and Lisa wakes up? What would he do? Is there any way he would grab her, and get outside as fast as possible? Then, what would he do? I don't think he is a baby killer, just a clumsy thief. He does get pretty nasty at times. (spitting and cursing in the bar). What would he do? Does anybody have any scenario of that? Or any answers along that line?

Been following this for weeks. Some ask, "what motive" would Jersey have? I ask that too, but as I read these posts, so much of it about Jersey, I develop a picture of how he operates. Sort of stupidly, he seems to "loose" so much of the time. Get caught, and all that. But I've wondered this, "what if he somehow was just about to get caught?" What would he do? He is pretty good at breaking in to houses, I think he broke in before DB came inside. I think DB put boys to bed before she came inside. What if he got in through the back while they drink and he waits? He gets the phones, and he has something else of more value in mind to steal and Lisa wakes up? What would he do? Is there any way he would grab her, and get outside as fast as possible? Then, what would he do? I don't think he is a baby killer, just a clumsy thief. He does get pretty nasty at times. (spitting and cursing in the bar). What would he do? Does anybody have any scenario of that? Or any answers along that line?

Great minds think alike, and I've been contemplating the same thing myself; I believe another poster (can't remember where or who) mentioned something similar. That scenario would explain him walking all over creation with the child in his arms; perhaps using the cell phone he's stolen to make a desperate call to someone for a ride. As you say, he's not a killer, but he hasn't a clue what to do with his new-found charge. This, however, is not an optimistic scenario from the perspective of poor Lisa being found alive. Someone like JT would probably have given up and abandoned her somewhere, and the prospects for death from exposure would have been propitious. The foliage is probably off the trees now, and if I were in Kansas City I'd probably go out looking in the wooded areas around 48th and Randolph.

It's definitely something to be considered.

Why would it matter if Lisa woke up and saw him? She can't call out "Mommy there is a strange man in here." She can't ID him. All she could do is cry and DB was drunk and blacked out so she wouldn't know if the poor thing was upset and crying. There is no reason for Jersey or anyone breaking in to take Lisa. If they had taken one of the boys, I could understand since they are old enough to scream out and ID him.

I think the drinkers entered the home that night. That is why some of the windows were open. moo
Most of us in the neighborhood had at least one window open that night. No drinkers necessarily involved in most of our cases. It was beautiful out that night. The low was only 60 that night.

Actually, I read (no link!) that DB dsaid she opened the window in the computer room while she was on the computer. So I believe there was only ONE window (not plural re bold) open.

I wish we could find the link to that. We were discussing this very thing earlier.

Did she say she was on the computer that night? And what time was she supposed to be on? I figured it was after 10:30pm when she went inside, but some thought it might have been earlier. But I wonder with dinner, box-o-wine run and then being on the porch with SB, when she could have had time?

I also have a question, since this is the Jersey thread. Not directed at anybody. . .just in general. . .

If you are inclined to believe that Jersey took BL to sell for drug money. . .and you find the man with a baby sighting at 12:15 credible, then why wasn't she crying? I haven't heard one mention of anybody reporting a crying baby. :confused:

If we believe that Jersey had the phones and made the calls (attempts) then he was around for sometime. Why no crying baby?

I can't seem to reconcile that. :(

I wish we could find the link to that. We were discussing this very thing earlier.

Did she say she was on the computer that night? And what time was she supposed to be on? I figured it was after 10:30pm when she went inside, but some thought it might have been earlier. But I wonder with dinner, box-o-wine run and then being on the porch with SB, when she could have had time?

I also have a question, since this is the Jersey thread. Not directed at anybody. . .just in general. . .

If you are inclined to believe that Jersey took BL to sell for drug money. . .and you find the man with a baby sighting at 12:15 credible, then why wasn't she crying? I haven't heard one mention of anybody reporting a crying baby.

If we believe that Jersey had the phones and made the calls (attempts) then he was around for sometime. Why no crying baby?

I can't seem to reconcile that. :(

Maybe he suffocated her and was carrying her dead body to the house to figure out what to do next

In all seriousness...I doubt any of the "flophouse" people hurt BL. I bet they did know DB and if they did.. only for one night...maybe they walked by (or knew her brother that was there (although he says he dropped her off but knew she was very drunk?) and all got high. Maybe she was drunk and high and got paranoid and did something. Maybe the guys were still outside the house..not knowing what she was doing.

I'm on the fence about JI. I lean toward him not being involved, for several different reasons which I better not litter this thread with. Do we know that DB definitely didn't know when JI was coming home? I know Picerno said he tried to call her earlier in the evening to say he was going to be late, and the call was routed to Verizon. I did think that strange, since supposedly DB could get incoming calls.

I bet that if the call did come in...she was outside and did not hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor