Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has LE ever confirmed that they suspect foul play? If so, have they stated whether something happened at the house or elsewhere? Did she leave the house again that night, after returning from OG with her daughter?

Sorry- been feeling under the weather the last few days and I worked all weekend, and can't remember all the details right now.

Unfortunately I don’t think we have any of these answers.

We do know that they immediately said that this was not an abduction. I think them saying that is reason enough to believe they suspect foul play [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the day they arrested EG, they said this had become a criminal investigation. It relates more to the Olive Garden incident, but...you can read between the lines, I think.

Pertinent parts:
Officers and dogs have searched his home, neighborhood and the 216-acre Chisholm Creek Park. Officer Charley Davidson said Sunday that police have found no evidence that suggests Lucas was abducted, which is why no Amber Alert has been issued.

Deputy Chief Gavin Seiler said the case is now considered a criminal investigation. He wouldn't detail the nature of the child endangerment charges during a Wednesday press conference, but he said Lucas is one of the children the stepmother allegedly endangered. The other is a one-year-old child, Seiler said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lucas-...her-who-reported-kansas-boy-missing-arrested/

Unfortunately I don’t think we have any of these answers.

We do know that they immediately said that this was not an abduction. I think them saying that is reason enough to believe they suspect foul play [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I feel like crap, my mind wanders into new places with cases like darling Lucas. To my knowledge, I don't recall hearing if she left again that night or early morning. If she left again at night- she could have traveled a bit of a distance.

I know folks think that she wouldn't chance it because she wouldn't want to be caught with a body in her vehicle, but we have to remember, she was high as a kite before she went to OG. Who's to say she didn't take something stronger after she got home, flipped out, harmed Lucas, then left with him and traveled a bit of a distance away because she wasn't in her right mind at the time? Drugs (and alcohol) can make people say and do things they wouldn't do when not under the influence. By the time she buried Lucas somewhere and came down from her high, she probably took something else to give her energy and went into cleaning mode, which would explain why she showered and napped afterwards- that part would probably be true.

Has LE ever confirmed that they suspect foul play? If so, have they stated whether something happened at the house or elsewhere? Did she leave the house again that night, after returning from OG with her daughter?

Sorry- been feeling under the weather the last few days and I worked all weekend, and can't remember all the details right now.
Sorry you're not feeling well and hope you get better! As far as there being foul play in Lucas' case, I guess it starts with them saying there was no evidence of abduction, and as is common in these cases, the responding detective first on scene was a homicide detective.
He was also in court for EG's denied bond reduction hearing.
I think these are strong indicators of foul play suspected.
:moo:

On the day they arrested EG, they said this had become a criminal investigation. It relates more to the Olive Garden incident, but...you can read between the lines, I think.

Pertinent parts:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lucas-...her-who-reported-kansas-boy-missing-arrested/

See, this is what is confusing me. We've figured out what the charges were thanks to our VI's helping clear that up- taking the baby with her while she was high, leaving Lucas at home. We got that. What I don't get is how this turned into a criminal investigation where she's been in jail all this time, but has not been officially named a suspect or POI in this case.

This is why I am wondering if she did do something, did someone else take him away and bury him? Or did she go out again that night, say, to buy drugs or whatever have you, stopped at someone's house where something happened to Lucas, she freaked out and either went a buried him herself somewhere near that person's home or could the person she was with took Lucas a buried him?

Something just isn't jiving with me. They've searched the parks numerous times, locals have gone all over the place, not a trace of Lucas- hide nor hair nor shoelace.

Either someone else is involved and they're waiting for her to crack and spill the beans or she left the home possibly with Lucas still being alive but something happened along the way and he died and she panicked for whatever reason.

IMO ... I think cadaver dog alerted athouse for police to say not an abduction and that he didn’t walk away . Again just my opinion.

O/T
Does anyone know how to start a thread for this scary Amber alert that just came across my phone?
http://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/...y-taken-by-father-in-washington/277-532894818

I get an error with this link, but is this regarding a silver Mercedes in Lake Forest Park? That one is local to me so I am keeping my eyes open. (I have never started a thread, sorry)

ETA: I just saw on KOMO that the man was apprehended and the boy rescued. Apologies for this brief thread hijack.)

When I feel like crap, my mind wanders into new places with cases like darling Lucas. To my knowledge, I don't recall hearing if she left again that night or early morning. If she left again at night- she could have traveled a bit of a distance.

I know folks think that she wouldn't chance it because she wouldn't want to be caught with a body in her vehicle, but we have to remember, she was high as a kite before she went to OG. Who's to say she didn't take something stronger after she got home, flipped out, harmed Lucas, then left with him and traveled a bit of a distance away because she wasn't in her right mind at the time? Drugs (and alcohol) can make people say and do things they wouldn't do when not under the influence. By the time she buried Lucas somewhere and came down from her high, she probably took something else to give her energy and went into cleaning mode, which would explain why she showered and napped afterwards- that part would probably be true.

I will put my "theory" forth, since you did, and it hurts to write. I think that when EG got home from OG, Lucas told her the man was at the door, as Lucas knew the man saw him, and she flipped the heck out and beat him ... dead. He was telling the truth thinking she wanted to hear it, and she heard it as "I left you alone and already have CPS problems" and severely punishing him. She left right after to hide is little body. Did LE do cadaver dogs on EG's vehicle? Thanks...

We know the landlord saw him as verified by out VIs. They said they don't know/can't say what happened as far as LL telling LE (ie how soon, what the process was, or if EG was called by him or told of his visit by Lucas). - IIRC -
Likely EG did just finish his already weakened little body off after returning from OG with the baby. (Irks me every time I think of him being left there all alone when he was so sick, since we have no indication there was anyone else there with him, though it's a possibility.)
If he's located near to his home, it's most likely EG acted alone, IMO.
If he's found further out it's more likely she had help, IMO.
I cannot wait for LE to solve this case and we will know what happened.
Each day that passes COD probably becomes more impossible to determine, like in Caylee's case.
So angry when I'm usually peaceful that I'm taking breaks and getting ready for Easter, wishing Lucas was too. Taking walks and spending time outdoors, wishing Lucas could enjoy the sunshine on his sweet face one more time.:crying:

I hope LE has considered putting in a plant in her cell to try to get her to slip up with some information.

I keep trying to come up with ways to find him and keep coming back to only three ways.
1-searchers get lucky and find him
2-Someone that can access her and talk with her gets her to give a hint to where he is
3-someone close enough to the father to talk with him and see if there is anything more he can share that he may not have shared before.

Other than those three things I hope LE is using all their powers to get her to come clean. At some point after they charge her with a more serious crime then they may be able to leverage a plea deal. But they need to charge her first with his disappearance in order to do that.

In similar cases they can sometimes charge someone with kidnapping type charges rather than murder.

LE must have some pretty incriminating evidence against EG in this case or the judge would have lowered her bond.They aren't letting it out of the bag yet and haven't pressed charges but I do think they will, regardless of whether or not they find Lucas. Obviously many terrible things happened to our little Lucas and under her care. And now he's gone! Her whole story of taking a shower then falling asleep and when she woke up Lucas was gone is just so suspect it's not funny! I mean c'mon now. What are the chances as opposed to she did something and has to make up an innocent sounding story?
I think he will be found and close to home. Unless she had help. But I tend to think she did everything on her own.

We now know from the affidavit that she lied about the shower/nap thing IMO. She went to OG and left him @home. As far as we know now he was alone, I mean that no one else other than him was there. But we don't know that for sure. IIRC that's what she told LE. :thinking:
The whole timeline she gave is false IMO, and LE is already able to prove that. They don't need a body for conviction and they may already have forensic evidence and evidence found by the dogs.
He was sick, abused, weighed only around 45 pounds, and left at home while she went to eat on the OG giftcard JH sent her for Valentine's day, along with gifts he sent to the kids.
I wish I could get inside her head but it's probably such a dark place it'd really be like an abyss and it's best to avoid that.
Waiting for more info from LE. So glad that WPD changed its' FB background to Lucas. This is a good sign.

Jewels53 .. thank you I’m reading up on the Shockley case and any others I can find that prosecuted w/o body.. But I pray we find Lucas for family.

We now know from the affidavit that she lied about the shower/nap thing IMO. She went to OG and left him @home. As far as we know now he was alone, I mean that no one else other than him was there. But we don't know that for sure. IIRC that's what she told LE. :thinking:
The whole timeline she gave is false IMO, and LE is already able to prove that. They don't need a body for conviction and they may already have forensic evidence and evidence found by the dogs.
He was sick, abused, weighed only around 45 pounds, and left at home while she went to eat on the OG giftcard JH sent her for Valentine's day, along with gifts he sent to the kids.
I wish I could get inside her head but it's probably such a dark place it'd really be like an abyss and it's best to avoid that.
Waiting for more info from LE. So glad that WPD changed its' FB background to Lucas. This is a good sign.

BBM: I've often wondered if she was on her phone during the supposed three-hour nap, if the shower was wet and if the only fingerprints on the back door knobs were hers.:thinking:

Jewels53 .. thank you I’m reading up on the Shockley case and any others I can find that prosecuted w/o body.. But I pray we find Lucas for family.

It is a tough read, Jhessye had siblings but for some reason mom abused her. She supposedly went shopping one day and when she came home Jhessye was gone. It took a long time for the arrest and then to start the trial. Justice was finally served. She was a beautiful little girl just like Lucas is such a handsome little guy!

It's really unlikely the bond would have remained that high if they didn't have evidence of some kind. Maybe they also have had time to have lab tests done?

Sorry you're not feeling well and hope you get better! As far as there being foul play in Lucas' case, I guess it starts with them saying there was no evidence of abduction, and as is common in these cases, the responding detective first on scene was a homicide detective.
He was also in court for EG's denied bond reduction hearing.
I think these are strong indicators of foul play suspected.

Thank you, chihuahua! I have bronchitis and a sinus infection- nice double whammy.

I just feel like pieces are missing, but I am confident LE knows more and is on this.

I’m so sorry you haven’t been feeling well.

LE has confirmed very little to the public since EG was arrested, but, rest assured, they know much more about her movements on the 16th and 17th than they have released. They have good reason for keeping the information quiet. I’d love nothing more than to answer ALL of your questions, but I don’t want to compromise the case.

I do believe Lucas will be found. I just wish it were sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove