Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JH: "Later on that evening I had stayed out a little bit late to be able to go to my friend's house, so I figured I would go stay at my house that night. I tried to text her and she did not respond so I thought maybe she was asleep."

NG: "Where was Emily?"

JH: "I thought she was at her fathers or at the house. I was not sure. But it turns out she was at the house."

NG: "Why was she still there?"

JH: "She had nowhere else to go. After she led DM to Lucas, her family were pretty upset with her, felt betrayed
by her."

He just got finished saying EG's family would not let her stay at their home. Then why did he think when EG did not reply to his 7pm text message that she would be at her father's home? Are her parents divorced and he is not considered family with her mother? June 22nd podcast 03:40 Posts by: Nancy Grace, Publisher

JH's words contradict themselves or whatever.

JH: I thought she was at her father's or at the house.

NG: Why was she there?

JH: She had nowhere else to go.

M'kay. She was obviously welcomed at her father's house. So, yes, she had somewhere else to go. Not sure why JH would say, "She had nowhere else to go." And, JH saying "I was not sure" is a lie. Typically, people just say 'wasn't' and not 'was not'. 7 phrases in a liar's vocabulary | KSL.com Why won't JH say Emily's name? Using "she" and "her" instead of Emily. I think JH might trying to separate himself from Emily in some way.

Words | Liespotting

I’m just going to politely say if one is interested in images of a suicide with an AR there are images available on google. It’s to graphic to even post a link.

EG could have been identified by her clothing but there wouldn’t have been much else recognizable neck up. Depends on how many shots came out of the gun when it fired. And that’s all I want to say about that.

If the gun was at her fathers it would have been easy for her to take. I believe there are to many unknowns to make an educated guess.

I’m grateful that her ex is probably protecting her boys from all this. And I hope MH is just to young. And mostly I hope it’s never mentioned by kids at school. No one deserves the things that have evolved from this case. Imo

MH is definitely too young to remember Emily, and all that has transpired. People don't start forming memories until about the age of 3.

I think she may have know the demise of her ride with JH was imminent. I also believe she came up with the most memorable end. She easily could have ended her life peacefully with an overdose. Yet she chose his gun, his rental home.

Nothing is likely to convince me she manipulated everyone in her midst. Her family had believed her lies until she led DM to Lucas. Then they kicked her out most likely because the next thing was going to be a horrible murder trial.

When EG realized she had nothing left, she wrote THREE suicide notes. Not one but THREE. one would have done it.m
According to the DA nothing in any one of them answered questions about Lucas. So it was either very personal information in the notes or it was one of her manipulations to
Carry the answers to her grave. I think it was cruel not to resolve the information about Lucas. Another example if the morals and ethics she chose which to live.

If I would have known her, most li kelt she would have been eliminated as a friend because of the conniving deceitful way she lived.

IMO

I have a feeling that RG didn't believe Emily. He signed a petition that was against her. And, RG had no issues talking ill against EG. RG was very forthcoming about what type of person Emily is/was...

M'kay. She was obviously welcomed at her father's house. So, yes, she had somewhere else to go. Not sure why JH would say, "She had nowhere else to go." And, JH saying "I was not sure" is a lie. Typically, people just say 'wasn't' and not 'was not'. 7 phrases in a liar's vocabulary | KSL.com Why won't JH say Emily's name? Using "she" and "her" instead of Emily. I think JH might trying to separate himself from Emily in some way.

Words | Liespotting

I agree with you. Frequent use of “um” prior to answering a question that should have a conclusive answer is another big tell for me. The only reason you need a few seconds to think before you answer is you are thinking of a lie to tell or trying to make sure your answer is consistent with prior lies.

Words | Liespotting

Technically he's talking about two different things. One is "where did he think she was that night at that time", and the other is "why was she staying at the house".

The father might have immediately refused for her to stay at his place. He might not have a spare room. In the few days after EG got out of jail maybe lines of communication between her and her father had reopened a little bit, maybe enough for JH to think she might be over there for a few hours? It is possible that he's not contradicting himself in that section.

To my recollection the 'ums' weren't enormously bad, not as bad as EG's in her interview from jail. I think we can also use 'um' when we're trying to collect our thoughts and think about what we're going to say, not just when we're about to tell a lie. I say er or um at times but I can't say that I'm a habitual liar (unless I'm lying to you when I say that ;-) j/k) I think also sometimes people might avoid the er and um moments to try to not give the impression they're lying. I would like to see a full transcript of that interview though.

I wouldn't blame JH for wanting to distance himself from EG after she led DM to Lucas' body. I don't see that as making him seem guilty in any way.

The 'was not' thing is very interesting. I would like to see a full transcript!

Ya know, it's not like anyone in our family knew the exact proper ways to handle having Lucas die and then go missing for three months. On top of all of us trying to handle our own emotions and support one another, the public and media were very much in our lives as well.

If anyone can point me towards a handbook on how to do everything perfectly when you're suddenly grieving the loss of a child AND in the public eye that would be wonderful. It would truly help the next family.

If he gave her back the gun for protection then it doesn't make sense that it would be in a gun case in the closet. There were no kids in the house to worry about getting ahold of the gun. IMO the gun has always been there and was stored in the closet. Not a new purchase or one he just gave her to protect herself.

This is a very good point. He made it clear in the interview that she got it out of a case.

We are overdue for LE to provide further details on both EG and LH cases.

Last edited:
Ya know, it's not like anyone in our family knew the exact proper ways to handle having Lucas die and then go missing for three months. On top of all of us trying to handle our own emotions and support one another, the public and media were very much in our lives as well.

If anyone can point me towards a handbook on how to do everything perfectly when you're suddenly grieving the loss of a child AND in the public eye that would be wonderful. It would truly help the next family.

upload_2018-6-26_15-39-36.png

How wouldn't he have known? Emily's car was in the garage, the television was on, and lights were on in what the kitchen? I wonder who he thought it was if it wasn't Emily?

If it was supposed to be a 'hit' maybe, JH thought, Emily had overpowered the hitman/hitwoman and blew their brains out instead? I don't know? Is it possible that JH stopped at the house to see if the job was done? I guess JH could have left a window/door unlocked, so someone could whack Emily. This case is really F-ed up, so I wouldn't be surprised. I guess.

This case is a mess and I will only say that an AR has a heck of an effect on its target. Especially if she used a tool or something that kept pressure on the trigger. I can’t remember how many shots that could fire if it’s semi or full automatic. But it’s a lot of fire power with the explosive discharge at the barrel. And I’m not going further than that. I have fired exactly one and I don’t like them because in my opinion they are for one thing. To kill human beings. Period. So it’s hard to know what was there to identify. I remember when a neighbor committed suicide on his lawn near our fence. At age 10 I never have forgotten. My parents tried to keep us from seeing but you know kids we went upstairs and looked out the window. He used a gun that, iirc both barrels *advertiser censored* at once. From his chest up was missing. My little sister got sick and of course we got caught looking. But I just don’t know the damage a firearm like that could do.

Of course she could have been behind boxes or whatever. Just don’t know.

JH: "Later on that evening I had stayed out a little bit late to be able to go to my friend's house, so I figured I would go stay at my house that night. I tried to text her and she did not respond so I thought maybe she was asleep."

"Stayed out a little bit late."
By those standards, Emily 's, because she was staying there and he knew it.

NG: "Where was Emily?"

JH: "I thought she was at her fathers or at the house. I was not sure. But it turns out she was at the house."

NG: "Why was she still there?"

JH: "She had nowhere else to go. After she led DM to Lucas, her family were pretty upset with her, felt betrayed
by her."

He just got finished saying EG's family would not let her stay at their home. Then why did he think when EG did not reply to his 7pm text message that she would be at her father's home? Are her parents divorced and he is not considered family with her mother? June 22nd podcast 03:40 Posts by: Nancy Grace, Publisher

FLA,

Everyone grieves differently. And a handbook might make it easier for people who are into the “proper” way to do everything but it’s truly a personal journey.

I would not pay attention to anyone who is critical of anything you do or feel right now. It’s bad manners and not right to criticize how anyone grieves the kiss of a child. Until you’ve experienced it you just don’t understand. So nothing you do or feel is wrong or incorrect. It’s simpky the way that works for you.

I am deeply sorry for this entire matter, none of us quite understands why bad things happen to innocent children. And I guess that people just don’t think about how much criticism and negative words can hurt.

Take care and know that there are a vast majority everywhere that do care and feel very frustrated we just can’t make it all better.

Thank you for your kind and respectful input over the last few months. I don’t know if I would have handled everything as well as you did every day. I’m not sure I could have handled it at all.

Bless you and eac who lived and cherished Lucas. He will remain in our hearts forever.

JMO
I am anxiosly awaiting the promise that the DA made that he would share his findings in both EG and LH cases but as more time goes on I have a real fear that he is going to let outside forces stop him from doing that. Mainly his own internal legal department will probably pressure him to not give out information since if there is nobody to charge in either case then I am afraid he will be pressured into not fulfilling his promise to us.

JMO
I am anxiosly awaiting the promise that the DA made that he would share his findings in both EG and LH cases but as more time goes on I have a real fear that he is going to let outside forces stop him from doing that. Mainly his own internal legal department will probably pressure him to not give out information since if there is nobody to charge in either case then I am afraid he will be pressured into not fulfilling his promise to us.

Odds are that he is waiting for the toxicology results to come back. Those usually take 4-6+ weeks. Then, depending on what they reveal, there could be more investigating to be done, more testing, etc.

The autopsy reports will be made public, no one can prevent that as it is the law.

Odds are that he is waiting for the toxicology results to come back. Those usually take 4-6+ weeks. Then, depending on what they reveal, there could be more investigating to be done, more testing, etc.

The autopsy reports will be made public, no one can prevent that as it is the law.

Good news that the autopsy reports will be available at some point. That appears to be correct in Kansas according to this link.

Frequently Asked Questions | Sedgwick County, Kansas

<modsnip: snipped quote that was unapproved>

So Glass is Emily's birth name / maiden name .... was she ever married or had a different last name? I believe her two son's father was referred to as her ex, but was she ever married to him or anyone else? Did she have any aliases? I don't know if I missed anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it may have just been his way of saying that she was unrecognizable? Because otherwise it's a very odd thing to say.
I agree and I think it was the last thing he was expecting to see. The human brain protects itself when confronted with the unthinkable by slipping into a kind of denial initially.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was unapproved>

I think RG is EG's ex husband and the father of her two sons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member