LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that have to do with her being guilty? Do you know how many people look guilty when the police and press get through with them? And yet they are proven innocent later??!

I must have misunderstood you, SS. Are you saying you feel she is guilty?
My post was in reply to the following line, in one of your previous posts:

To be honest, If she had nothing to do with this, why should she come out and proclaim her innocence to us?

I was just providing my 2 cents on your question.

I'm sorry but at a funeral for one's dead baby, hailing the husband who sits in jail for killing the son is more than freakin weird.

Talking on the phone to ones husband while following the son's casket out the church?! no words

Chomping gum and looking like she's waiting in line at the quickie mart, while at a hearing???

I CAN form an opinion.

I know you can. I am just trying to hold out hope that she's just acting like a total weirdo.

I don't want to believe that someone could be so depraved that they would off their kid or have a hand in it (or be complicit)

Sent from my iPhone

So who are we talking about here? It sounds as if CH was a candidate for this condition, since Leanna was trying to get pregnant she might have taken fertility drugs, she is a little overweight, and it probably would have been of major concern to Roscoe, who had ED that his son could also have a genital anomoly.

In recent years, CDC researchers have reported important findings about some factors that affect the risk of having a baby boy with hypospadias:
Age and weight: Mothers who were age 35 years or older and who were considered obese* had a higher risk of having a baby with hypospadias.
Fertility treatments: Women who used assisted reproductive technology to help with pregnancy had a higher risk of having a baby with hypospadias.
Certain hormones: Women who took certain hormones just before or during pregnancy were shown to have a higher risk of having baby with hypospadias.

*The WHO definition is:

a BMI greater than or equal to 25 is overweight
a BMI greater than or equal to 30 is obesity.

Actually, you make a good point about Cooper's possible health; however, we were discussing possible conditions that may have caused JRH a need for taking TRT and opined that hypospadias boys often need hormone replacement. Someone else mentioned a particular disease JRH could have been born with but I did not save that possible diagnosis [but it is in the threads] that would also cause LowT and a head full of hair + skinny in youth and chubby as adult, etc.

I strongly disagree with part of this- most parents research safety tips on how to prevent such from occurring. There is an entire website dedicated to it. Hell, I even printed off a list of safety tips and stuck it on the fridge.

Do I ever think I would do this? No way. But in the .0000000001% chance that I may totally lose brain function and forget executive functions such as breathing, blinking, forgetting the baby? These tips may save a life. JUST in case. Why not be as extra safe as possible?

Do I think JRH is guilty as hell? IMO yes, totally.

But many good and fearful parents research this stuff.

I think LH did research it. JRH knew it was her worst fear. Eureka! A great way to crush his wife and rid himself of the kid problem.

Because if she divorced him (which I believe was a real possibility based on his infidelity) - she would get custody. He would have to pay her child support. And he wasn't about to let that ***** happen. No way Jose. He needed to rid himself of any/all obligations to that child. He is a vile monster.

IMO.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm sorry but it shouldn't require research for a parent to know leaving a toddler alone anywhere is dangerous. If a parent needs a "reminder" that their child is six inches away from them, they probably shouldn't have the child in the first place.

These are parents who never bothered to adjust the straps of their son's infant car seat to fit his growing body. Not for a minute do I believe they conducted their "research" into hot cars with his safety on their mind.

JMO

Also I will add this: be VERY careful judging someone who has lost a child based on their outward appearance or anything they do.

I know from personal experience (a good friend of mine) that everyone grieves differently.

I know from my own experience with loss that I grieve differently.

And one of the most hurtful (and false) things people can say is "oh my god how are you not under a table rocking back and forth and on a cocktail of Thorazine?! I would be a mess! I would be screaming my face off!"

And to that I say: seriously? No really, are you fvcking serious? Oh wow you are such a better parent because you obviously love your kid so sooooooo much more that you would be a non functioning person.

It's really such an ignorant stance and such a martyr way to think. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone

Not ONE tear? Not one tear while speaking of Cooper at his funeral? Not one tear while hearing that her poor baby scratched his own face in frustration while suffocating to death in a hot car? Not one tear after hearing the damning evidence at that hearing? Not one tear when learning that her husband was sending photos of his ween to six other women while their son was dying? Not ONE tear when she was notified that Cooper was dead? Not one tear when she heard her mother wailing upon finding out that Cooper was dead? Not one tear upon seeing the face of her husband, whose actions may have contributed to their babies death?

Not one tear?

I'm sorry and with all due respect, that is not "grieving differently" and it is not ignorant to be suspicious of it, especially with a murder investigation and a 27,000 dollar insurance policy taken out on the life of a 2 year old.

There is something wrong.

I strongly disagree with part of this- most parents research safety tips on how to prevent such from occurring. There is an entire website dedicated to it. Hell, I even printed off a list of safety tips and stuck it on the fridge.

Do I ever think I would do this? No way. But in the .0000000001% chance that I may totally lose brain function and forget executive functions such as breathing, blinking, forgetting the baby? These tips may save a life. JUST in case. Why not be as extra safe as possible?

I think LH did research it. JRH knew it was her worst fear. Eureka! A great way to crush his wife and rid himself of the kid problem.

Because if she divorced him (which I believe was a real possibility based on his infidelity) - she would get custody. He would have to pay her child support. And he wasn't about to let that ***** happen. No way Jose. He needed to rid himself of any/all obligations to that child. He is a vile monster.

IMO.

Sent from my iPhone
My problem with the whole divorce thing... she is standing by him, not divorcing him, even after he killed her baby.....after after the revelations of all the sexting and cheating became public knowledge. jmo

Repectfully snipping to drive home a blatantly obvious point...

3:15 Ross messages Leanna "What time are you picking up my little buddy?"

4:04 Ross and Leanna have a phone conversation for a little over one minute

4:16 Ross leaves HD, pulls out in a hurry, never rolls windows down

4:51 Leanna attempts to pick up Cooper at daycare and is notified that he was never dropped off.

Here's what hits me as the obvious...
3:15 Ross messages Leanna "What time are you picking up my little buddy?"

4:04 Ross and Leanna have a phone conversation for a little over one minute

Stolat:
OK- at this point, if they are talking, it is reasonable to say that at 4:04 Ross and Leanna have at this point every opportunity to discuss Cooper pickup and LH's response to the "picking up my little buddy?" Text

Did they?? If not, WHY NOT ??!

4:16 Ross leaves HD, pulls out in a hurry, never rolls windows down

Stolat: WHY??? Why does he not know that LH doesn't have Cooper if they just SPOKE ON THE PHONE 12 minutes prior??

4:51 Leanna attempts to pick up Cooper at daycare and is notified that he was never dropped off.

Stolat: WHY??! Why does LH go ahead and go to daycare if she just SPOKE to her husband 47 min prior, and after receiving a text from him 96 min prior???

It's possible that LH didn't know anything about this "movie" business. She arrived at coopers daycare at 4:51 so if she knew RH was going to the 5 o'clock movie she would have known that he had already left work. I'm fuzzy about whether she went to (or was headed) to his office or to the parking lot to look for his car???? And exactly where LE intercepted---------was it at his office or in the parking lot??? If she didn't know about the movie plan and it was after 5 it seems to me the most logical thing for her to do would be to find his car, because he would have already left work. Reportedly she tried to call him but it went to voice mail. ooh sorry I'm even confusing myself!!! JMO

Again, I still don't understand why a phone call wasn't made or attempted to RH/HD HQ ahead of her driving over there with the daycare employee.

We don't know that it wasn't. I think LE had Ross's phone by then. They might have turned it off when they took it from him. MOO

Also I will add this: be VERY careful judging someone who has lost a child based on their outward appearance or anything they do.

I know from personal experience (a good friend of mine) that everyone grieves differently.

And one of the most hurtful (and false) things people can say is "oh my god how are you not under a table rocking back and forth and on a cocktail of Thorazine?! I would be a mess! I would be screaming my face off!"

And to that I say: seriously? No really, are you fvcking serious? Oh wow you are such a better parent because you obviously love your kid so sooooooo much more that you would be a non functioning person.

Sent from my iPhone

I think we all appreciate the fact that everyone grieves differently. The posters here are not hardhearted by nature, and I think you'll find that out yourself, if you continue to post here. But I'm going to say again, what I said before. Even her mom, who knows her better than any of us on this board, was shocked by how she was acting. Surely her mom, who has known her for 20+ years, can be considered more in the "know" about her daughter, than us.

It's not just how she grieves that most are basing their opinions on. That's only one component - one of the many red flags people are sensing. In and of themselves, one of these things you could chalk up to a fluke, but put them all together, and it is suspicious to many.

My problem with the whole divorce thing... she is standing by him, not divorcing him, even after he killed her baby.....after after the revelations of all the sexting and cheating became public knowledge. jmo

Indeed, she does seem to be firmly planted in her support of her husband. When one puts themselves out there publicly, then the public is allowed to form and express an opinion about their words and actions and that includes whether or not they are faking their grief. In this case, the mother hasn't bothered to fake it. Maybe that's because her husband has been accused of faking it.

JMO

IMO.

Sent from my iPhone

Most parents, like you, who research this and other child safety issues do so with a view to educating themselves and, having educated themselves, they then implement risk controls in order to prevent harm from coming to their children. The Harrises researched hot car deaths and which risk controls did they implement? That would be precisely - none.

I think we all appreciate the fact that everyone grieves differently. The posters here are not hardhearted by nature, and I think you'll find that out yourself, if you continue to post here. But I'm going to say again, what I said before. Even her mom, who knows her better than any of us on this board, was shocked by how she was acting. Surely her mom, who as known her for 20+ years, can be considered more in the "know" about her daughter, than us.

It's not just how she grieves that most are basing their opinions on. That's only one component - one of the many red flags people are sensing. In and of themselves, one of these things you could chalk up to a fluke, but put them all together, and it is suspicious to many.

OMG!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

IMO This is the post of the thread.

HER OWN MOTHER thinks she is acting ABNORMALLY from what she expected of the daughter she raised all her life!!!

If her own mother feels that is ODD - ABNORMAL then surely we should be questioning the same.

I'm sorry but it shouldn't require research for a parent to know leaving a toddler alone anywhere is dangerous. If a parent needs a "reminder" that their child is six inches away from them, they probably shouldn't have the child in the first place.

These are parents who never bothered to adjust the straps of their son's infant car seat to fit his growing body. Not for a minute do I believe they conducted their "research" into hot cars with his safety on their mind.

JMO

Well, obviously it shouldn't- that's common knowledge you don't leave people or animals in the car unattended. And when you have a baby, you obviously don't forget the baby. I can't relate to forgetting my kid, but I can relate to being worried about everything and double/triple checking all the things.

In also agree with your point that this guy claimed to be SO educated on car seat safety yet- his kid was in an unsafe seat.

I almost choked when he said "rear facing is safest so that's why I put him in this seat"... Yes rear facing is safest but you need to be using a convertible car seat that he fits in safely in the rear facing position. NOT an infant car seat. He's a massive idiot.

I just think in light of her husband being a moron and also the governors recent "look back" campaign it spurred her to do a little research.

I think his research was malicious. Hers? I'm pretty sure she was just searching for safety stuff (as opposed to him searching for more greusome terms)

Sent from my iPhone

Yes actually I do wonder why she isn't filing for divorce. Immediately. I would. Even if it were an "accident" which it clearly isn't, I would still do it.

Sent from my iPhone

Most parents, like you, who research this and other child safety issues do so with a view to educating themselves and, having educated themselves, they then implement risk controls in order to prevent harm from coming to their children. The Harrises researched hot car deaths and which risk controls did they implement? That would be precisely - none.

I definitely can't disagree with you on this.

Gah I am so wishy washy on LH.

Sent from my iPhone

I think we all appreciate the fact that everyone grieves differently. The posters here are not hardhearted by nature, and I think you'll find that out yourself, if you continue to post here. But I'm going to say again, what I said before. Even her mom, who knows her better than any of us on this board, was shocked by how she was acting. Surely her mom, who has known her for 20+ years, can be considered more in the "know" about her daughter, than us.

Exactly. And if this goes to trial I'll bet we'll see a psychiatrist (or two) argueing that her behaviour was out of norm. (The defense will probably have a Dr. Richard Samuels type on the stand to argue differrently too, lol.)

Well, obviously it shouldn't- that's common knowledge you don't leave people or animals in the car unattended. And when you have a baby, you obviously don't forget the baby. I can't relate to forgetting my kid, but I can relate to being worried about everything and double/triple checking all the things.

In also agree with your point that this guy claimed to be SO educated on car seat safety yet- his kid was in an unsafe seat.

I almost choked when he said "rear facing is safest so that's why I put him in this seat"... Yes rear facing is safest but you need to be using a convertible car seat that he fits in safely in the rear facing position. NOT an infant car seat. He's a massive idiot.

I just think in light of her husband being a moron and also the governors recent "look back" campaign it spurred her to do a little research.

I think his research was malicious. Hers? I'm pretty sure she was just searching for safety stuff (as opposed to him searching for more greusome terms)

Sent from my iPhone

I think the detective testified the Governor's campaign had no bearing on their research. There is no innocent explanation on why either of them did such research. Their son did die in a hot car.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone

It's a fact that we base our opinions on our own life experiences. I have a friend that lost her 10 year old daughter to PAM and my neighbor lost her 6 week old to Noonan sydrome. The bolded part above is exactly how they acted, except in a bed, not under a table.I was fearful they would commit suicide their pain was so intense. Absolutely heartbreaking. My grandmother lost a child (my uncle) and she had a nervous breakdown and was admitted to a psych ward. My aunt lost a child (my cousin) she fared better than the rest, was a complete mess , unable to eat, cried a lot, but able to function with a sedative and intense grief counseling.

Thank you for sharing your experience with your friend. I was actually on the fence about LH, because although I personally know people that have lost children, they weren't in a situation where their spouse was charged with killing them, so I tried to hold off on forming my opinion. But I have followed a lot of cases here on WS and have seen the actions of parents in that exact situation. That does not make me an expert by any means, but it does give me insight into what could be called normal actions

My personal tipping point was her demeanor at the PCH and as much as I hate to think she had anything to do with it, I can't shake my gut feeling, which has always served me well. I definitely don't think I'm a superior mom, although I have known moms like that in the past and I feel the same way you do. No mom shaming from me, we are all trying to do the best we can.

It's a fact that we base our opinions on our own life experiences. I have a friend that lost her 10 year old daughter to PAM and my neighbor lost her 6 week old to Noonan sydrome. The bolded part above is exactly how they acted, except in a bed, not under a table.I was fearful they would commit suicide their pain was so intense. Absolutely heartbreaking. My grandmother lost a child (my uncle) and she had a nervous breakdown and was admitted to a psych ward. My aunt lost a child (my cousin) she fared better than the rest, was a complete mess , unable to eat, cried a lot, but able to function with a sedative and intense grief counseling.

Thank you for sharing your experience with your friend. I was actually on the fence about LH, because although I personally know people that have lost children, they weren't in a situation where their spouse was charged with killing them, so I tried to hold off on forming my opinion. But I have followed a lot of cases here on WS and have seen the actions of parents in that exact situation. That does not make me an expert by any means, but it does give me insight into what could be called normal actions

My personal tipping point was her demeanor at the PCH and as much as I hate to think she had anything to do with it, I can't shake my gut feeling, which has always served me well. I definitely don't think I'm a superior mom, although I have known moms like that in the past and I feel the same way you do. No mom shaming from me, we are all trying to do the best we can.

All good points! It is so awful to me that someone could do something to intentionally hurt their sweet little child that I can hardly believe it. I guess that is also clouding my view on things pertaining to CH.

My husband on the other hand, (he works in law enforcement so he sees evil every day) told me in no uncertain terms that he thinks they are both guilty as hell (in his humble opinion). He thinks its very obvious but the only reason LH hasn't been arrested/charged yet is because they don't know WHAT specifically they can prove and charge her with so it sticks. He also thinks it's very damning that she got a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper