MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm confused: ThinkHard, you have been writing "bi-weekly" in your posts, and if she was actually going home 2x/week, then, I would consider that "a lot" because I'm not even sure how that's possible if she was working a normal 8-5 work schedule (How could she find the time to go to MA in the middle of the week?)

However, if she went home bi-monthly, or 2x/month, I don't think that's unusual at all. It would seem as a good balance of time between the city and "home" ... And many companies now offer more flexible work schedules with alternating Friday's off, or half day work schedules. Maybe VM had an alternating Friday every other week where she had enough time to make the trek back to MA? It would make sense.

I'm an only child and am very close with both of my parents. I have never hid anything from them, either, even when I was younger. I typically tell them if I *just* met someone, no matter how insignificant that new person may turn out to be. I believe VM was also an only child, and we do tend to tell our parents more than the average kid... I think it's because most children have siblings to tell things to and to bond with, but, we don't, so our parents fill that role. (At least they do for me.)

I also wouldn't think it odd if she went home every weekend, or three times a month... some people are closer to their family than others... who knows? But, it doesn't strike me as atypical or odd in any way... Some people never go home, or just visit for special occasions, and that's not really atypical either; just their preference.

FWIW: My opinion, after reading all of the threads and links here (as I have been since the story of her death broke) and (don't laugh at me) after doing some forensic astrological analysis (learning same person who used to do that here at Websleuths) it looks to me as she was probably lured in some way off that path shortly after she began her route. Maybe she recognized him, but, I don't think it was someone she was actually friends with. I do think he was laying in wait for her and I think he might be younger than her. I do think he watched her, or stalked her and I do think he's relatively "local" -- I'm not sure... I just began trying to apply the whole forensic astrology thing to better understand what happened to her and KV because both of their cases are so brutal and sad.

I check for updates everyday hoping that they catch him and KV's killer. It just frightens me a little more everyday as time goes on that their killers will go free and or do it again. VM and KV deserve some justice after what happened to them and I hope it comes soon.
Nice post.
I agree with everything you said. There is only one thing that I would have posted that may be different, and that is I think that she stayed on the road, and was ambushed from behind, rather than she was lured off the road. Nothing to base that on, just my hunch.
If this is a younger person, that would explain one reason why they may not be able to get a match in the codis, because he may have not been caught and arrested for anything yet. That is if they have DNA, and although I am leaning more like they do, there are a few things that I question. One is, if they do have DNA, then why haven't they included/excluded the Queens murderer as being the same person? I don't see where that would harm the investigation at all. In fact, why don't they admit if they have it at all, as they did in the Queens murder. Only one reason comes to my mind. They can bluff if they swab people, to see their reaction when asked to submit a DNA sample.
I know it's been said here that the only way they know it's a man is because they have DNA, and I disagree. When I first heard about this murder, a woman perp never entered my mind, Law of average itself points to a man. If I was an investigator, and I came upon a size 12 shoe, and a package of skoll chewing tobacco that was left at the scene I wouldn't be looking for a woman. DNA hasn't been around forever, and although it can rule anyone out, or in, it isn't the only way to solve a murder case.
As I have said before, and I hope that I am wrong, but they may have nothing, and are at this point trying to catch flies. I am not saying I am right, but untill I see more evidence, I am not going to say I am wrong either.

Respectfully snipped.
You are stating my hypothesis almost verbatim. Agree...agree. My profile is of a young 19-ish year old who lives in the area, close by. Watches her with binoculars/telescope. Maybe even in to her bedroom window. Bedwetter beyond normal year of cessation. Maladjusted. Track record of harming animals, setting small fires. He lives at home, maybe just with a Mom. Parent is scared of him and suspects him in this crime. If dreams are worth anything he is medium build/heighth for a 19 year old with dirty blonde hair in a growing out shag with hazel eyes. Hows that for a precise dream! I hope it's ok to post that, it was just a dream afterall. I think this thread is getting to me....some of them do. : |

I think he was off the road and called for help....she went to help him, and we know the rest.

Agree. Some of these cases tend to gnaw at the heartstrings, and this is one of them for me as well.

Astrologically (and anyone may take that for what it's worth) his significator and his "profile" is less maladjusted and more "sophisticated" ...Literally, his significator indicates that he is very neurotic, highly intelligent, possibly a 'germophobe', probably an introvert, awkward with the opposite sex (maybe a virgin), exacting, maybe shy, self- riteous, indignant but polite so no one would actually know his feelings of superiority, a chameleon, on the thinner side, smaller statured, sharp features, sharp-tongued, probably a loner but someone that seems 'harmless'. I think he has a job and is probably very good at whatever he does but I also think he is underemployed and could in theory be an asset in this world rather than a destroyer of it.

I'm not sure he's a complete outlier where it's "obvious" people who know him think he did it... I don't think he's a bedwetter and that maladapted. Maybe he's practiced on other living creatures such as animals, but, again, I don't think this person is anyone people would suspect. But, I could be absolutely off and totally wrong.

Like I said, this is my first attempt with forensic astrology and because the leads (at least for us, the public) are almost non-existant, I wanted to test the validity of this astrological theory for myself. Hopefully we'll all find out who did this to her and why soon enough.

Respectfully snipped.
You are stating my hypothesis almost verbatim. Agree...agree. My profile is of a young 19-ish year old who lives in the area, close by. Watches her with binoculars/telescope. Maybe even in to her bedroom window. Bedwetter beyond normal year of cessation. Maladjusted. Track record of harming animals, setting small fires. He lives at home, maybe just with a Mom. Parent is scared of him and suspects him in this crime. If dreams are worth anything he is medium build/heighth for a 19 year old with dirty blonde hair in a growing out shag with hazel eyes. Hows that for a precise dream! I hope it's ok to post that, it was just a dream afterall. I think this thread is getting to me....some of them do. : |

I think he was off the road and called for help....she went to help him, and we know the rest.
When I was reading that post, I thought of you and how they were both almost the same word for word. As they say, great minds think alike.

When I was reading that post, I thought of you and how they were both almost the same word for word. As they say, great minds think alike.

Yes, Slanda and I seem to be getting somewhat the same "profile" of this miscreant. I am, however, getting more of a devious slacker type than an industrious wiz kid type. I also don't think anyone will be overly shocked if he gets arrested, with the exception that his age might be a surprise. I think he could be as young as 16, but more likely later teen. But 16 isn't out of the question in my mind.
I wonder if we are getting this right....I guess we'll see.

IF it is some local teen who could have been "watching" her. And if he was perhaps in some ways social awkward or kind of a loaner....perhaps VM could have been really nice to him.

I know she was tutor in Boston when she lived there and started tutoring in NY, and if I remember correctly I think it was through a Harlem organization (but I could be wrong about that specific).

Anyway my thought is that if VM was use to working with inner city kids or kids that were struggling in some way, she is probably the type of person with a really big heart for children and for wanting to help people.

If this guy was 16-19, he would have been 10 years or so younger then VM and she could have viewed him through a similar lens she viewed students she worked with in her volunteer work.

Perhaps her kindness to him could have been what started the fantasy for him.

If this type of relationship was established between said perp and her it could lead to the crime going a couple of different ways....

He could have planned to kill her, knew she ran and snuck up on her of course....but to me this seems least likely.

Or he could have lured her into the woods and she would have viewed him more as a "child" and harmless. And so she followed him.

Or he could have said he needed to meet her or needed someone to talk to and because she had a big heart agreed. maybe it was planned or maybe he came out when he saw her...which could explain no phone records of a planned encounter.

Now perhaps he had a taste for death and his plan was to kill her, or perhaps he thought something was there that wasn't and it became violent.

Not sure just throwing out a possible connection to the perp in this regard, as was sparked by the above perp profile, combined with some of what we know wan out VM.

We also know she had a real love for running and it's such a different experience running on country roads as opposed to the city. If she was training for a run in Massachusetts, I could see her wanting to run on more similar terrain, and doing it while visiting family would be convenient for her.
Without being too graphic, may I suggest that if she were attempting to get back into running after her diagnosis and potential remission, she may have wanted to train in Princeton in case she had an 'accident' which happen at any unpredictable moment and are really embarrassing. Fewer people would notice and she could duck into woods to "fix" things.

I have walked a mile in those shoes and just a trip to the store was anxiety producing. So many times I had to turn around and race home hoping I could make it in time...in Princeton she could call someone to come get her..

What run was she training for?

We know she ran the Falmouth road race in years past. But Falmouth is flat....Princeton hilly. NYC flat, much more like it would be flat in Falmouth. So I don't see why she would go to Princeton to train for Falmouth.
I can only speak for myself, but when I was stricken with this disease I became determined not to let it ruin my life. I set out to do everything I did before and told my doctors that my expectation of them was to help me to get back to that place. Vanessa may have had that same determination...maybe thats what made her run..all just moo

Joggers never go for "walks". If she were out for a "walk", it does suggest a meet up to me.....
-If she were building up her strength to get back into jogging it is not suspicious
-If she walked to make plans for the upcoming week in the city it would not be suspicious. My 27 years old daughter works her phone and calendar/planner like a campaign worker!

just a couple scenarios where being out for a few hours in the fresh air before heading back could be plausible ...jmo

Without being too graphic, may I suggest that if she were attempting to get back into running after her diagnosis and potential remission, she may have wanted to train in Princeton in case she had an 'accident' which happen at any unpredictable moment and are really embarrassing. Fewer people would notice and she could duck into woods to "fix" things.

I have walked a mile in those shoes and just a trip to the store was anxiety producing. So many times I had to turn around and race home hoping I could make it in time...in Princeton she could call someone to come get her..

I don't have crohns so I can't speak to that, (though I am unfortunately familiar with chronic illness).

But to your point, if even running an errand would be anxiety provoking...it makes me wonder even more how difficult spending 8 hours every other wk stuck on a bus would be, going back and forth btw NYC and MA.

Yes, Slanda and I seem to be getting somewhat the same "profile" of this miscreant. I am, however, getting more of a devious slacker type than an industrious wiz kid type. I also don't think anyone will be overly shocked if he gets arrested, with the exception that his age might be a surprise. I think he could be as young as 16, but more likely later teen. But 16 isn't out of the question in my mind.
I wonder if we are getting this right....I guess we'll see.
and my version falls in line in the middle of both of you and slanda...I see the more intelligent but awkward, introverted, virgin, video game player (because in that world he can be who ever he wants with no consequences, no inadequacies) and I do think he has a few friends who are aware of his fascination with fire...

I don't have crohns so I can't speak to that, (though I am unfortunately familiar with chronic illness).

But to your point, if even running an errand would be anxiety provoking...it makes me wonder even more how difficult spending 8 hours every other wk stuck on a bus would be, going back and forth btw NYC and MA.
I wasn't afraid to go places where there was a bathroom. That was the first thing I looked for when I was well enough to dare to leave home. I always traveled with an emergency kit-as any 'survivor' knows wipes, clean undies, etc...it's how you live. But each trip was only 4 hours. I'm willing to bet she was confident that as long as a bathroom was available (and you learn what food to stay away from-there's tons to this disease) she could make that trip.

It seems like maybe her mother was single. What if her mother was lonely or ill? That would be a reason to visit so often. I personally think there is an extremely low chance she was having secret romantic encounters on her walk. JMO

I'm new here, but have read this thread in it's entirety. I am thinking the same same thing! Her parents are divorced. Do we know if her mother has remarried? Maybe she came home on weekends to keep her mother company. She was her mothers only child...
I appreciate everyone's opinions! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new here, but have read this thread in it's entirety. I am thinking the same same thing! Her parents are divorced. Do we know if her mother has remarried? Maybe she came home on weekends to keep her mother company. She was her mothers only child...

As far as we know the mother was single. She was living at her sisters home with her sister and her sisters husband who had lived in Princeton for decades. We don't know when her parents were divorced, so we don't know how long the mother may have been living there though.

Welcome to WS :welcome: great first post, good point!

Respectfully snipped.

Wow - now that's a profile! One thing that popped into mind was something from the Molly Bish case, that of a perp who doesn't live in the area, but has a relative (or friend) he's only visiting for a few weeks, or months...

great points being made on this thread. i think there is a good possibility that the perp is closer to vanessa's age. i wondered if he thought he had a chance with her and was snubbed at the store she went to around noon. perhaps as previously stated she was friendly to him and he read more into that. maybe they had a few things in common and he envied her lifestyle. therefore, he might have known she would soon be out on a run and was waiting. JMO

I think a big part of who she was could have been due to having a chronic illness. It wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to leave the bustling city and take a break from her social life when dealing with Crohn's. Crohn's doesn't really allow for a typical social life of drinking and eating out.

I'm not sure when her parents divorced, but I've also seen divorce have an impact on adult children's relationships with their parents. That could also have something to do with the frequency of her visits. If she wasn't romantically involved with anyone, that allows for a lot more time spent with family.

Agree, Living in a big city with a disease that is aggravated by stress, seeking family support and a quiet weekend seems like a logical choice. Everyone is different in their wants and needs in life.

Also without being too graphic, running does things to you that sitting on a bus does not. We've probably all heard of runners' trots...

Now, I'm confused: ThinkHard, you have been writing "bi-weekly" in your posts, and if she was actually going home 2x/week, then, I would consider that "a lot" because I'm not even sure how that's possible if she was working a normal 8-5 work schedule (How could she find the time to go to MA in the middle of the week?)

However, if she went home bi-monthly, or 2x/month, I don't think that's unusual at all. It would seem as a good balance of time between the city and "home" ... And many companies now offer more flexible work schedules with alternating Friday's off, or half day work schedules. Maybe VM had an alternating Friday every other week where she had enough time to make the trek back to MA? It would make sense.

I'm an only child and am very close with both of my parents. I have never hid anything from them, either, even when I was younger. I typically tell them if I *just* met someone, no matter how insignificant that new person may turn out to be. I believe VM was also an only child, and we do tend to tell our parents more than the average kid... I think it's because most children have siblings to tell things to and to bond with, but, we don't, so our parents fill that role. (At least they do for me.)

I also wouldn't think it odd if she went home every weekend, or three times a month... some people are closer to their family than others... who knows? But, it doesn't strike me as atypical or odd in any way... Some people never go home, or just visit for special occasions, and that's not really atypical either; just their preference.

FWIW: My opinion, after reading all of the threads and links here (as I have been since the story of her death broke) and (don't laugh at me) after doing some forensic astrological analysis (learning same person who used to do that here at Websleuths) it looks to me as she was probably lured in some way off that path shortly after she began her route. Maybe she recognized him, but, I don't think it was someone she was actually friends with. I do think he was laying in wait for her and I think he might be younger than her. I do think he watched her, or stalked her and I do think he's relatively "local" -- I'm not sure... I just began trying to apply the whole forensic astrology thing to better understand what happened to her and KV because both of their cases are so brutal and sad.

I check for updates everyday hoping that they catch him and KV's killer. It just frightens me a little more everyday as time goes on that their killers will go free and or do it again. VM and KV deserve some justice after what happened to them and I hope it comes soon.

Hi Slanda, I just wanted to clarify the definition of bi-weekly. It can mean either, once every two weeks or twice a week.
This is the first entry in a google search for bi-weekly.

bi·week·ly
bīˈwēklē/
adjective & adverb
adjective: bi-weekly

appearing or taking place every two weeks or twice a week.
    "a biweekly bulletin"

noun
noun: bi-weekly

a periodical that appears every two weeks or twice a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper