Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting he said police have known about the garden for 2 years and only just searched it now

Wonder if they had trouble getting a warrant?
I'd imagine they'd need more than just 'lived there once" to get a warrant to search to that extent and to commit that many resources? That would be a costly enterprise IMO

Is it possible for the German sleuhers to say whether German LE would need far more to dig to that extent

......................................................................................

Very interesting mention that in 2007 CB had traveled to Spain and gave a lift to 3 other people who took video and pictures .... maybe it was one of them in the window reflection at the docks we discussed earlier

....................................................................................

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12246614/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-live/
1st Aug 2020, 17:59

SUSPECT FILMED IN CAMPERVAN VID BEFORE DISAPPEARANCE

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B shot a home video at the wheel of his battered VW campervan in 2007 – just weeks before before her disappearance.

German police believe the convicted rapist used it to kidnap the three-year-old.

Christian B can be seen laughing and joking as he consults a map in the van.

The convicted sex offender used the van to give three young German travellers a lift to Spain.

One of the backpackers, Tomas, told MailOnline: “It makes me sick to think that the little girl could have been taken away in the same van a month later.

“He seemed like any other ordinary young man. He was cheerful and joked a lot and happy to give us a ride in his VW van.

“He didn't mind us filming him and taking his pictures. He was happy to pose and must have known we could never suspect what a terrible man he really was.

“It is scary to know now that he was a rapist of an elderly woman and targeted children. We couldn't have known that he was such a monster in truth.”

I'd imagine they'd need more than just 'lived there once" to get a warrant to search to that extent and to commit that many resources? That would be a costly enterprise IMO

Is it possible for the German sleuhers to say whether German LE would need far more to dig to that extent

I personally wonder if the allotment search was a fishing expedition

I'm still trying to figure out how CB's lawyer can sit and state his client will NEVER co-operate with prosecutor, especially given the fact he hasn't yet been questioned/charged, nobody knows what evidence (if any) has been uncovered to prove him guily or innocent. Surely any lawyer whose client is to be innocent until proven guilty would be very eager to propose that "innocence" by saying "of course my client will do ANYTHING/answer any questions etc if will help to solve this/clear his name and so let the search continue for whoever did this etc"? It just seems like a stand-off before anything has even begun.

Yes and I think this is why they haven't searched other locations.

I'm still trying to figure out how CB's lawyer can sit and state his client will NEVER co-operate with prosecutor, especially given the fact he hasn't yet been questioned/charged, nobody knows what evidence (if any) has been uncovered to prove him guily or innocent. Surely any lawyer whose client is to be innocent until proven guilty would be very eager to propose that "innocence" by saying "of course my client will do ANYTHING/answer any questions etc if will help to solve this/clear his name and so let the search continue for whoever did this etc"? It just seems like a stand-off before anything has even begun.

I think he is just posturing given the prosecutor has not put anything on the table.

I am not surprised that in the current situation he would advise his client against speaking to the police in what could amount to a fishing expedition for crimes - after all he has not been charged with anything.

On the other hand if he is actually charged, the strategy might change.

This is a really interesting point. A significant date in his life? Could be linked with rejection ie being sent to the children’s home if anyone knows date he left home. Or linked in some way with whatever he did that finally led mother to realize she couldn’t manage him?

Or, more simply, just the time of year where there are more opportunities to commit these sorts of crimes?

It's the start of summer when families are more likely to take holidays and kids explore. In Europe, I would hazard a guess that there's a higher probability of abduction cases to take place at this time of year.

Just trying to catch up ,what the Spanish MSM are reporting...
Heartbreaking
‘The lives of the McCanns were never the same again: the cardiologist today serves as a professor at the University of Leicester, the doctor left her duties and is now distinguished as an ambassador for the charity "Missing People", while the twins attend Class at a Catholic school in Loughborough, a center where Kate and Gerry still reserve a place for Madeleine year after year ... just in case she was still alive.’
El «caso Maddie» da un nuevo giro y salta de Inglaterra y Portugal a Alemania
(Google translated)

Or, more simply, just the time of year where there are more opportunities to commit these sorts of crimes?

It's the start of summer when families are more likely to take holidays and kids explore. In Europe, I would hazard a guess that there's a higher probability of abduction cases to take place at this time of year.
I had a similar thought to that too. It's the start of the tourist season, both MM and IG were tourists. Would make sense to do it when it is quieter and less people around. I know Peggy wasn't a tourist but personally I don't see any link to CB there at the moment, no evidence I've seen that places him in the country at that time.

CB Dogs

Sexta às 9 Episódio 21 - de 05 Jun 2020 - RTP Play - RTP
42:25

This lady in PDL says that she saw CB many times in the early summer, before the disappearance, that CB went with the VW to shop at the supermarket and walk with his dog (At first she says: "the dog" but at the end she says: "with the dogs he had").
Might she have been talking about the dogs CB used to walk for the elderly lady that was spoke about?

In this piece from MT he describes the point when CB came to visit him in Orgiva shortly after MM went missing and mentions one of the dogs.

"The Dragon Festival was fun and the next time I saw him was in late May or early June 2007 when he arrived in Spain with his big American campervan, the Winnebago, the one with the (childrens) swimsuits.

“He parked it up in Orgiva and came looking for me. It was the only reason he had come to Orgiva to find me. He knew that I was living there and he knew I had connections to the marijuana world and could help him make money.

He had a big dog, an old dog, a big brown and white dog called Charlie I think… But otherwise he was on his own.”

EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain

Note there is no mention of the smaller dog at this stage, Frau Muller. Also, this reads as though MT is describing the first time he's seen Charlie. He would surely have known if CB had the dog in 2006 when they lived together and be sure of it's name? Also, when he visited CB in the February of 2007, it sounds like he hung around for a little while so again, you'd think he'd have mentioned the dog then if CB had it rather than mentioning it when he turned up at Orgiva?

Last edited:
I'm double checking atm :)

Before or after the search dogs, wouldn't effect the fact the hairs could belong to CB's dogs.
Dog hairs were collected on 4 May during the day

P.J. POLICE FILES: FORENSIC COLLECTIONS 4 MAY 2007

The sniffer dogs were brought in to search in the early hours of 4 May.

P.J. POLICE FILES: G.N.R SNIFFER DOGS REPORTS

IMO it seems unlikely that any samples were taken before the early hours of 4 May

Normally forensic collection is made before sniffer dogs are sent into the crime scene, otherwise the dogs could disturb crucial evidence/or contaminate the scene.

As we know, the crime scene was a mess so who knows what happened. If they followed procedure it would have been after forensic collection.

Before or after, still could be CB's dogs hair sitting in a locker with the PJ, if they still have the samples.

When CBs lawyer said the police have known about the garden/allotment CB owned for a couple of years - maybe they’ve just found out about the cellar hence the search. They stopped searching after the cellar was found. It seems CB is a textbook psychopath even manipulating his lawyer to believe CB is not a monster, many psychopaths are charming and friendly to hide who they really are.

When CBs lawyer said the police have known about the garden/allotment CB owned for a couple of years - maybe they’ve just found out about the cellar hence the search. They stopped searching after the cellar was found. It seems CB is a textbook psychopath even manipulating his lawyer to believe CB is not a monster, many psychopaths are charming and friendly to hide who they really are.
Yes, I think it is recent information that has come to light that prompted it rather than waiting for a warrant for 2 years.

The only thing I wondered is how does the lawyer know the police knew about it 2 years ago? I thought he hadn't seen any of their evidence yet.

IF LE thought that they would find a body at the allotments they would have searched it earlier imo, considering they have known about it for 2 years, so doubt that it wasn't to do with not being able to obtain a warrant.
Warrants can be secured and expedited if needs be.
100 officers is a lot of resources, quite OTT for such a small site imo and suggests this was tactical more than anything to put further pressure on CB, hence the recent Lawyers statement that CB will never talk.

ETA- LE have time on their hands, they know this, they can play the long game, whilst putting fear into CB.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member