Mass Casualties -Train Crashes Into NJ Transit's Hoboken Station

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know the engineer's condition? I saw where Chris Christie said he was released from the hospital, which makes no sense considering the earlier reports about his condition. I'm guessing CC was confused between the engineer and conductor. Any one know???

Does anyone know the engineer's condition? I saw where Chris Christie said he was released from the hospital, which makes no sense considering the earlier reports about his condition. I'm guessing CC was confused between the engineer and conductor. Any one know???

This article is also quoting Christie as saying the engineer was released from the hospital and cooperating with investigators:

http://abc7ny.com/news/what-we-know-about-njt-engineer-thomas-gallagher-/1532727/

[video=youtube;0q7Dciw-s9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q7Dciw-s9c[/video]

The Latest: Train Engineer Identified as 29-Year Employee
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS via ABCNEWS

Sep 29, 2016, 8:00 PM ET udates

[...]
"Fabiola Bittar de Kroon worked for software company SAP in its legal department in Brazil but left earlier this year. She was standing in a waiting area at the Hoboken (HOH'-boh-kehn) station when the train crashed through a barrier Thursday morning. She was killed by debris.

SAP spokesman Andy Kendzie says the company is "shaken by the news" of the crash, which injured more than 100 people. He says the company expresses its deepest condolences to de Kroon's family and friends and to all those affected by the "tragic event.""
[...]

[video=youtube;SPh7_dpf8TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPh7_dpf8TQ[/video]

Apolgies, he was in front. Took a break, wanted som ehappy gay disco! Been a fuvck*ing week! I think I am used to the responsilbe person being dead.

Thinking about engineer. Been through horrible exp himself. Sore, in pain pills, local, so its goota be constant coverage. In and out, seeing visuals of "his" train. Hearing talking heads asking , kinda blaming, why did the train not slow down,

Hearing strangers talk about the horror, visuals of what your train did to a giant building. Hearing reports of how the whole city has to get around for the next several days. Disrupted an entire city. Love trains - see your baby a wreck. Gotta be tough stuff. You will go down in history. This will go on for a year and half as investigation proceeds. Forced to endlessly re live it all , over and over. Endlessly. You will be taken away from the love of your life - they wont let you drive another one. Lawsuits will start. On and on and on. The story will be on the news for ages, over and over . Poor man .

Does anyone have a "number " of serious? Am surprised at this point the summaries arent 1 dead, XX seriously XX released??

Seriously? Nothing is coming up in searches, yet.

That is just messed up. Anyone else feel like civilaization is just crumbling around our keyboards goodness
Id I had seen that live would have gotten very ansious- until the would you or whatever - I dont think I would have known "hack" or something whatever, but it would have really confused me

I would have to come here and find out if our lives were over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he wasn't supposed to be in the front but was? Maybe he went there because something was wrong? Just thinking out loud

My bad see how cool I am becoming - I think that is a horrible expression - what a self esteem builder!!

Maybe old news for you all - am visual go to 51 and freeze, I had the basics but I never "got" it that way or seen the image

[video=youtube;y2GBePu_jXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GBePu_jXE[/video]

WKTV NEWSChannel 2
22 hrs ·
IMPORTANT NOTE - If you were watching our newscast around 6:17 p.m. you may have seen a "Hazardous Materials Warning" crawl across your screen. There is NO such warning. The message was an automated test which was not intended for public display. Again, there is NO warning. Our apologies for the confusion this may have caused.

jmo

If the hack stuff is accurate - this just shows how coaperate america just lies and lies and lies . At the time if it was hacked they would know they were not running any automated test that says would you could you in a train - that sounds like either three 14 year olds or ISIS!!!

Lie

You know what just hit me -- there will be video of impact in the terminal -- had to be cameras in terminal

moo ---after the toss from the anchors, FIRST 3 MINUTES - this lady strikes me AS HUNGOVER!! Or cotton mouth!!

Or a nightmare to have dinner with !!!

Levity break !!

[video=youtube;ya4B2u5Y3Mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya4B2u5Y3Mo[/video]

AP
Sep 29, 2016

"People at a New Jersey daycare center describe Fabiola Bittar de Kroon as a wonderful mother. De Kroon died in the train crash that injured more than 100 people on Thursday. (Sept. 30)"

[video=youtube;IwG5fEqRIgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwG5fEqRIgo[/video]

Anderson Cooper 360 CNN
Sep 29, 2016

"Train passenger Steve Meisano shares details of his experience aboard the train that crashed at the Hoboken, New Jersey, station."

[video=youtube;vxDGLvXull4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxDGLvXull4[/video]

Historic Hoboken Terminal underwent $115 million renovation decade ago
By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal

Sept 30 16, 3:00 am

(With great pictures of the station through time and some of its history)

The landmark Hoboken Terminal, one of the metropolitan's major transportation hubs, underwent a $115 million renovation project 10 years ago.

The building, built in 1907 and owned by New Jersey Transit, underwent more renovations after it was flooded in superstorm Sandy in 2012.

[...]

Upwards of 50,000 daily commuters use the 109-year-old terminal, which is on the state and national historic registers.

[...]

The new terminal was designed in Beaux Arts style, but also had to be fireproof, so the copper-clad exterior masked a concrete structure.

[...]

Witnesses describe chaos at scene of deadly Hoboken train crash
Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal

Sept 30 16, 3:02 am

Uber refunds fares to 1,000-plus commuters affected by Hoboken train crash
By Vicki Hyman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Sept 29 16, 7:03 pm

After fatal New Jersey train crash, investigators seek answers
By Dake Kang and Michael R. Sisak, The Associated Press via the Denver Post

Sept 29 16, 11:00 pm

[...]

Investigators planned to pull one of the black-box event recorders from the locomotive at the back of the train Thursday evening. The device contains information on the train’s speed and braking. But it wasn’t safe enough yet for investigators to extract the second recorder from the engineer’s compartment because of the collapsed roof and the possibility of asbestos in the old building, NTSB vice chairwoman T. Bella Dinh-Zarr said.

[...]

More than 100,000 people use New Jersey Transit to commute from New Jersey to New York City each day.

[...]

NJ Transit trains have an in-cab system that is designed to alert engineers and stop locomotives when they go over 20 mph, according to an NJ Transit engineer who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the accident.
But it was unclear whether those mechanisms kicked in or would have made a difference if they had.

[...]

Young mother killed in crash had ‘genuine heart’
By Dake Kang and Megan Trimble | AP via The Washington Post

September 30 at 3:46 AM

[...]
“I am speechless and feel like the world stopped for some moments,” said Cecilia Marques, a former co-worker at a company that specialized in travel to Brazil. “I had the privilege to get to know and work with Fabiola for some years, and I can say she was a great, talented, big and genuine heart.”

[... according to a co-worker in Brazil]

The de Kroons, he said, were “an international couple not avoiding any adventure by even moving countries in (pursuit) of a better (life).”

“Even if this means that you have to follow your partner and have to get used to other cultures and ways of living,” he said. “It is tragic that she had to be in such a bad place at that time while pursuing their dreams of life.”"

Investigators Probe Cause in Hoboken Train Crash That Killed 1, Injured More Than 100
By Jonathan Dienst, Brian Thompson, Marc Santia and Rana Novini, NBCNEWS

about 25 mins ago, with Ray Villeda from the scene last night

ABCNEWS
Sept 30 16,

"Authorities are investigating what caused a New Jersey commuter train to crash at high speed into Hoboken's historic train station."

[video=youtube;aWHgbPIlV8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWHgbPIlV8U[/video]

Chaotic commute: Passengers describe Hoboken crash
MARY JO LAYTON and ABBOTT KOLOFF, Asbury Park Press

Sept 29 16, 9:56 pm edt

With more accounts from passengers, as well as this one, from a passenger who was near the engineer and could compare itto 9/11, which he also experienced:

"Tahir Qureshi sat right behind the engineer in the first car of Pascack Valley Train No. 1614 as it pulled into the Hoboken station at the end of what had been an ordinary commute on Thursday morning — when suddenly he was knocked to the floor by what felt like a bomb detonating.

When he opened his eyes, he said, the roof of the car was “right above my head” and the it was filled with cement and other debris. Amid screams and falling debris, passengers began crawling toward emergency windows where NJ Transit employees pulled people to safety. One elderly man was bleeding from his head, Qureshi said, while the car was flattened and resembled a “pancake.”

The engineer, who could be seen through an open door during the trip, appeared to be in no distress up until the crash, Qureshi said.

[...]
Qureshi, the New Milford man who was near the very front of the train, said it was unusual for the door to the engineer’s booth to be open, but he enjoyed looking out the front window and “appreciated the perspective of what he was seeing.” He said he was listening to music with headphones and did not believe the train was going especially fast when he got up to disembark.

“It felt normal to me, and I do this every day,” he said."

[...]

Officials: 1 killed, more than 100 injured in Hoboken train crash
Team 12 reporting from various scenes, New 12 NJ

Sept 29 16, 10:44 pm
many more reports from included from witnesses and responders

Tonight, the station is dark inside, and the flag flies at half staff. The NTSB expects a week to ten day for their investigation

attachment.php

1 b.jpg

Engineer Tests Negative for Alcohol, Drugs

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigat...way-engineer-tests-negative/story?id=42473469

___

16 people remained hospitalized Friday with at least two in intensive care.

Jersey City Medical Center
The two in intensive care are in guarded condition, which is a one-step improvement over critical condition, the remaining 11 patients are in stable condition and would probably be released Friday, pending doctors' evaluations and test results.

Hoboken University Medical Center
two of the 23 patients treated there required overnight admission

Christ Hospital
The patient seen at Christ Hospital in Bayonne was transferred to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson for specialized care

Hackensack University Medical Center
saw 13 patients Thursday, most of them walk-ins. All were treated and released.

Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
five passengers sought treatment on the day of the crash, while a sixth showed up Friday for evaluation. All have been treated without requiring hospitalization,

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/sixteen_hoboken_train_crash_victims_remain_hospita.html

Engineer Tests Negative for Alcohol, Drugs

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigat...way-engineer-tests-negative/story?id=42473469

___

16 people remained hospitalized Friday with at least two in intensive care.

Jersey City Medical Center
The two in intensive care are in guarded condition, which is a one-step improvement over critical condition, the remaining 11 patients are in stable condition and would probably be released Friday, pending doctors' evaluations and test results.

Hoboken University Medical Center
two of the 23 patients treated there required overnight admission

Christ Hospital
The patient seen at Christ Hospital in Bayonne was transferred to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson for specialized care

Hackensack University Medical Center
saw 13 patients Thursday, most of them walk-ins. All were treated and released.

Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
five passengers sought treatment on the day of the crash, while a sixth showed up Friday for evaluation. All have been treated without requiring hospitalization,

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/sixteen_hoboken_train_crash_victims_remain_hospita.html

From the link above:

"The Federal Railway Administration as well as the transportation safety board is investigating the crash. Investigators will be looking into all possible causes, though a senior official briefed on the crash told ABC News that they do not suspect sabotage or foul play."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42
Back